Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition v.2 (Cycle 9: Melmetal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Approved by National Dex Moderation
Hosted by TylerTheMilotic
Format stolen from previous teambuilding competition thread

National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition
teambuild comp.png

Art by Kolohe

Welcome to National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition! In this project, a Pokemon each week will be presented for you to build a team around and then submit. This will then be taken into voting. The winner is the team with the most votes!

Rules:
  1. Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give an option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead. Make sure the team you post are according to the Pokémon, Core or Theme of the Week: or else you’ll obviously get disqualified. Joke teams will also be disqualified. If you'd like to submit an idea for a Theme, don't be afraid to PM me through Smogon.
  2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same cores of Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  3. Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  4. Clean and Tidy: I'd like to keep the thread as clean and uniform as possible, as for ease of browsing, so this means keep formatting consistent, using the provided links for sprites and avoid posting one liners during the submission phase.
  5. Sprites: Please use this sprite option below:
  6. Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.
  7. Have fun! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TRIPLE STEEL OFFENSE

THEMS:

:ss/mawile mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Thunder Punch
:ss/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Defog
:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
:ss/landorus therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
:ss/victini:
Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 80 HP / 148 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Toxic

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

Obviously, the team had to be built around :mawile mega:, and I've always wanted to try to make a functional team around Rock Tomb Mawile.
This tech option, while not being optimal by an means, still has some cool applications that could potentnially justify the moveslot in some cases.
Rock Tomb on an incoming Landorus or Gliscor and U'll be faster than them the turn after, letting you pick up the kill with Ice Puch.
Bulkaronas trying to switch in and fish for a burn get hit with a surprise OHKO.
Defensive Zapdoses get 2HKOd on the switch, without Mawile having to risk a paralysis nor retaliation from Zap, since it is slower after a Tomb.
(By the way I wanted to include Psychic Fangs over Thunder Punch on this set just to increase the cool factor, but the existance of Slowbro as a way more prominent threat than Venusaur Mega doesn't allow for this SADLY)

After deciding Mawile's role for the team, I had to decide what would be benefitting from its luring capabilities. My choice fell upon :kartana:, due to its appreciation of Fires getting lured (Volcarona, Moltres) and physical roadblocks being severly weakend or outright killed by Mawile. A Choice Scarf set seemed the most natural pair to let it clean better after Mawile's job is done. Defog was slotted in last, later in the teambuilding process, after noticing that Rocks were not a big deal for the team at all since 3 mons resisted em, Victini wears Timberlands and Pex regens rocks chip easily, leaving only Lando as the only mon suffering SR's full damage, and even then its only neutral. However, an emergency defogger was needed due to the teams weakness to Spikes.

Looking at the first 2 components of the team, I noticed that I had a hard time dealing with steels, so :magnezone: was a netural fit to round out the offensive core. Not much to say here, just standard Scarf Magnezone for general use and a bit more speed control.

:toxapex: serves as the team's bulky Water, I've been really enjoying Eject Button Pex for reliably trapping Steels like Corviknight U-Turning or OffSciz trying to catch Magnezone with a Sand Tomb on the switch, and is still a pretty good way to grab momentum by just switching into a move you wouldn't otherwise be able to punish with the team.

At this point the team still needed hazards and a physical roadblock, which made the choice of :landorus therian: very easy. HP Ice was chosen for the flex slot to alleviate the team's weakness to SD Garchomp. Leftovers>Rocky Helmet is personal preference here, but I usually find punishing U-Turns with Pex Eject Button usually enough, even if its just one time.

As a last member, :victini: was chosen to help vs Serperior, Tapu Lele and the Lati twins, while still keeping momentum up and being a sursprisingly threatening on its own.

THREATS

Like I meantioned already, SD Garchomp and ground types in general can be very threatening since the only Ground resist on the team is Lando, which is very easy to wear down. The plan here is to keep Lando as healthy as possible, and try to chip down the Ground in range of Kartana or Magnezone, which is still not easy cause of how forcing of a line that is and how easy is for the opponent to abuse the situation.

Unsurprisingly, running around with 3 steels makes Magnezone a big threat to the team. However, its more manageable than the Ground weakness due to the team's own Zone and Eject Pex, making the magnet quite easy to reverse trap.

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1585798169-p1wmlw14bsj9x9gs2oyd2ykj45f5v5spw

In this replay, Mawile is able to effectively lure and remove Landorus with a combination of Rock Tomb and Ice Punch, letting Kartana finish off the rest of the team after Zapdos gets removed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1585769132-l7qc2i9aovafysmqndbodxekbu5m93npw

In this replay, Mawile manages to lure in and remove both Bulkarona and Corviknight, which once again lets Kartana clean up late game.

Last edited:

Kinzo

formerly Kinzo Ketchum
we cant make a project dead before it was born so here it is:
:ss/Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough
I decided to use 3a maw with sub because we have to predict a lot of the time with maw and sometimes a wrong prediction could really cost the match. Sub maw is immune to prediction so i went with that. Just imagine them switching into their maw check and getting destroyed by sleep.EVs are to outspeed steel birds.
:ss/Heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
i decided tran to be the partner because it was a solid answer to non hpground volc which could burn the maw and cripple it. tran also was the rocker of the team. it has a nice defensive utility and can trap defensive threats as well. Its also a ferro answer which checks this maw set. Its also EVed to be faster than zone which also traps maw to oblivion. it also dealt with serp.
:ss/Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn
the team was really weak to ground, so i decided upon this ground immune which also was the hazard remover. its ev'ed to outspeed timid tran.
:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
Weavile+Heatran is a answer to lele. Weavile also deals with the lati twins while being a fast strong offensive threat in the meta.
:ss/Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Toxic
tapulele is my speed control as i lacked special attackers. It also dealt with the rare mvenu and deo-d as i loaded up toxic for it.
:ss/Toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
I noticed the team struggled with fast offensive threats like mlop and weavile which Toxapex is EV'ed to beat. Toxapex was also my gren answer which checked all sets except ground z which is can be walled with a few easy predictions. It also deals with the zardy mu which was very threatning for the team.

The issues with the team is Koko. Koko is the real problem for which we have to constantly predict with our ground and heatran

Last edited:
:ss/mawile-mega:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mega Mawile is the pokemon the team is built around. EVs are to outspeed corv and skarm. Play Rough is the main stab, knock is really useful, and sucker is great priority.

:ss/greninja-ash:
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Gren sets spikes for mega mawile. It acts as both a good cleaner and breaker. EVs are sweeper EVs.

Kartana @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Kartana beats steels and grounds which mmaw can struggle with. I choose the sd z set to allow kart to break past some of its checks.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Lando provides a ground and electric immunity and defog. EVs outrun bisharp, sp def tran, and positive natured base 60s. Phys def to help check chomp, drill, etc and many fighting types.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom is the team's water type. It can cripple phyical attackers and annoy with pain split. It's useful for bringing in one of the team's offensive pokemon. EVs outrun ttar, sp def tran, and aegislash.

:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is the team's rocker and steel. It acts as an sp def wall to check volc, torn, and others. EVs outrun modest magnezone and max speed neutral aegislash. Tran can also trap and eliminate annoying walls if needed.

Threats:

Some fighting types such as :lopunny-mega: and :medicham-mega: can be problematic. However, they can generally be managed with rotom and lando. Try to have rotom burn them.

https://pokepast.es/9183b34d77bd20d7

Last edited:
Made a Fairyspam bulky offense team, p new to teambuilding but overall quite happy w/ how this one came out!

https://pokepast.es/62432dc647c1da41

Started w/ this one, powerful physical wallbreaker w/ sd and priority in the form of spunch.

:ss/tapu-fini:

Wanted to use a Fairyspam core here, Fini isn't threatened v much by fire types which do indeed threaten MMaw. Misty Terrain makes it so MMaw isn't threatened by status.

Gets rocks up, provides 2 immunities (and this core struggles a little with both of them, so they're both great) and is a nuke, so all good things.

:ss/hydreigon:

My choice for speed control. Misty Terrain kinda hurts Draco's power but it has another stab and coverage so I don't mind too too much.

:ss/slowking-galar:

This team kinda struggles w/ Clef, and I didn't really want a steel mon to stack too many weaknesses w/ Maw, so I chose Glowking to help w/ that. even tho they're both ground weak but shhhhhhh we have lando and drei and

:ss/zapdos:

Finally, I wanted some more hazard control that was capable of threatening out bulky waters w/ electric moves, and Zapdos seemed like a great fit for the position!

Looking at this now, team does seem kinda Kyu weak, but Drei checks it outside of mterrain I think so I should be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine /hj

Last edited:
I don't remember the full process of building this since i had the idea to build this a few months ago but left it halfway done but guess fate really wanted me to finish this team so the part where the explanations are might be inaccurate as when i first built this

Mawile Koko

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch

:ss/tapu koko:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Mawile and Tapu Koko paired together is not a new concept, in fact these two were already a good pair a long time back. Koko will provide electric terrain, powering up Thunder Punch switch moves support, dealing with problematic matchups such as fat water types such as slowbro, toxapex, skarmory, corviknight and others whereas the Mega evolved deceiver pokemon will rip apart most mons that koko usually doesn't want to face head on such as Chansey, Blissey, Reuniclus after being brought in by u-turn.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

With problematic situations against mega scizor, kartana and other ground types such as garchomp, gliscor and many others, Defensive Landorus-therian serves as the best stopgap to them, holding them off just enough for the other teammates to get to work, with rocky helmet and toxic punishing most of their moves. Stealth Rock is also used to provide more utility so it doesn't just sit around and click u-turn and toxic.

:ss/tapu fini:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Taunt

With heatran being one of if not the best stealth rocker in the metagame, Tapu fini is chosen as it is able to comfortably defog away Stealth Rock, while unlike glicor, it does not share both of it's types with landorus-therian. It also serves as a good ash greninja counter, which the team was lacking. Although misty terrain might mess up the process of boosting thunder punch, it's still plenty useful for mawile to come in more safely against the likes of chansey and blissey since it doesn't have to risk getting a thunder wave.

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

:ss/jirachi:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Both of these replaced victini and scarf serperior, which made it so that i have much more security against kyurem at the cost of slightly worse matchups against rain. Although i would note that i didn't really like the idea of putting jirachi on since i would have stacking weaknesses while not being able to break through mega mawile's counterplays, at best crippling them with trick.

Milo

I'm Your Man
Voting is up! Ends Sunday!

Team A
TRIPLE STEEL OFFENSE

THEMS:

:ss/mawile mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Thunder Punch
:ss/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Defog
:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
:ss/landorus therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
EVs: 80 HP / 148 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Toxic

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

Obviously, the team had to be built around :mawile mega:, and I've always wanted to try to make a functional team around Rock Tomb Mawile.
This tech option, while not being optimal by an means, still has some cool applications that could potentnially justify the moveslot in some cases.
Rock Tomb on an incoming Landorus or Gliscor and U'll be faster than them the turn after, letting you pick up the kill with Ice Puch.
Bulkaronas trying to switch in and fish for a burn get hit with a surprise OHKO.
Defensive Zapdoses get 2HKOd on the switch, without Mawile having to risk a paralysis nor retaliation from Zap, since it is slower after a Tomb.
(By the way I wanted to include Psychic Fangs over Thunder Punch on this set just to increase the cool factor, but the existance of Slowbro as a way more prominent threat than Venusaur Mega doesn't allow for this SADLY)

After deciding Mawile's role for the team, I had to decide what would be benefitting from its luring capabilities. My choice fell upon :kartana:, due to its appreciation of Fires getting lured (Volcarona, Moltres) and physical roadblocks being severly weakend or outright killed by Mawile. A Choice Scarf set seemed the most natural pair to let it clean better after Mawile's job is done. Defog was slotted in last, later in the teambuilding process, after noticing that Rocks were not a big deal for the team at all since 3 mons resisted em, Victini wears Timberlands and Pex regens rocks chip easily, leaving only Lando as the only mon suffering SR's full damage, and even then its only neutral. However, an emergency defogger was needed due to the teams weakness to Spikes.

Looking at the first 2 components of the team, I noticed that I had a hard time dealing with steels, so :magnezone: was a netural fit to round out the offensive core. Not much to say here, just standard Scarf Magnezone for general use and a bit more speed control.

:toxapex: serves as the team's bulky Water, I've been really enjoying Eject Button Pex for reliably trapping Steels like Corviknight U-Turning or OffSciz trying to catch Magnezone with a Sand Tomb on the switch, and is still a pretty good way to grab momentum by just switching into a move you wouldn't otherwise be able to punish with the team.

At this point the team still needed hazards and a physical roadblock, which made the choice of :landorus therian: very easy. HP Ice was chosen for the flex slot to alleviate the team's weakness to SD Garchomp. Leftovers>Rocky Helmet is personal preference here, but I usually find punishing U-Turns with Pex Eject Button usually enough, even if its just one time.

As a last member, :victini: was chosen to help vs Serperior, Tapu Lele and the Lati twins, while still keeping momentum up and being a sursprisingly threatening on its own.

THREATS

Like I meantioned already, SD Garchomp and ground types in general can be very threatening since the only Ground resist on the team is Lando, which is very easy to wear down. The plan here is to keep Lando as healthy as possible, and try to chip down the Ground in range of Kartana or Magnezone, which is still not easy cause of how forcing of a line that is and how easy is for the opponent to abuse the situation.

Unsurprisingly, running around with 3 steels makes Magnezone a big threat to the team. However, its more manageable than the Ground weakness due to the team's own Zone and Eject Pex, making the magnet quite easy to reverse trap.

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1585798169-p1wmlw14bsj9x9gs2oyd2ykj45f5v5spw

In this replay, Mawile is able to effectively lure and remove Landorus with a combination of Rock Tomb and Ice Punch, letting Kartana finish off the rest of the team after Zapdos gets removed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1585769132-l7qc2i9aovafysmqndbodxekbu5m93npw

In this replay, Mawile manages to lure in and remove both Bulkarona and Corviknight, which once again lets Kartana clean up late game.

Team B
we cant make a project dead before it was born so here it is:
:ss/Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough
I decided to use 3a maw with sub because we have to predict a lot of the time with maw and sometimes a wrong prediction could really cost the match. Sub maw is immune to prediction so i went with that. Just imagine them switching into their maw check and getting destroyed by sleep.EVs are to outspeed steel birds.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
i decided tran to be the partner because it was a solid answer to non hpground volc which could burn the maw and cripple it. tran also was the rocker of the team. it has a nice defensive utility and can trap defensive threats as well. Its also a ferro answer which checks this maw set. Its also EVed to be faster than zone which also traps maw to oblivion. it also dealt with serp.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn
the team was really weak to ground, so i decided upon this ground immune which also was the hazard remover. its ev'ed to outspeed timid tran.
Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
Weavile+Heatran is a answer to lele. Weavile also deals with the lati twins while being a fast strong offensive threat in the meta.
:ss/Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Toxic
tapulele is my speed control as i lacked special attackers. It also dealt with the rare mvenu and deo-d as i loaded up toxic for it.
:ss/Toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
I noticed the team struggled with fast offensive threats like mlop and weavile which Toxapex is EV'ed to beat. Toxapex was also my gren answer which checked all sets except ground z which is can be walled with a few easy predictions. It also deals with the zardy mu which was very threatning for the team.

The issues with the team is Koko. Koko is the real problem for which we have to constantly predict with our ground and heatran

Team C
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mega Mawile is the pokemon the team is built around. EVs are to outspeed corv and skarm. Play Rough is the main stab, knock is really useful, and sucker is great priority.

:ss/greninja-ash:
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Gren sets spikes for mega mawile. It acts as both a good cleaner and breaker. EVs are sweeper EVs.

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Kartana beats steels and grounds which mmaw can struggle with. I choose the sd z set to allow kart to break past some of its checks.

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Lando provides a ground and electric immunity and defog. EVs outrun bisharp, sp def tran, and positive natured base 60s. Phys def to help check chomp, drill, etc and many fighting types.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom is the team's water type. It can cripple phyical attackers and annoy with pain split. It's useful for bringing in one of the team's offensive pokemon. EVs outrun ttar, sp def tran, and aegislash.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is the team's rocker and steel. It acts as an sp def wall to check volc, torn, and others. EVs outrun modest magnezone and max speed neutral aegislash. Tran can also trap and eliminate annoying walls if needed.

Threats:

Some fighting types such as :lopunny-mega: and :medicham-mega: can be problematic. However, they can generally be managed with rotom and lando. Try to have rotom burn them.

https://pokepast.es/9183b34d77bd20d7
Team D
Made a Fairyspam bulky offense team, p new to teambuilding but overall quite happy w/ how this one came out!

https://pokepast.es/62432dc647c1da41

Started w/ this one, powerful physical wallbreaker w/ sd and priority in the form of spunch.

Wanted to use a Fairyspam core here, Fini isn't threatened v much by fire types which do indeed threaten MMaw. Misty Terrain makes it so MMaw isn't threatened by status.

Gets rocks up, provides 2 immunities (and this core struggles a little with both of them, so they're both great) and is a nuke, so all good things.

:ss/hydreigon:

My choice for speed control. Misty Terrain kinda hurts Draco's power but it has another stab and coverage so I don't mind too too much.

:ss/slowking-galar:

This team kinda struggles w/ Clef, and I didn't really want a steel mon to stack too many weaknesses w/ Maw, so I chose Glowking to help w/ that. even tho they're both ground weak but shhhhhhh we have lando and drei and

Finally, I wanted some more hazard control that was capable of threatening out bulky waters w/ electric moves, and Zapdos seemed like a great fit for the position!

Looking at this now, team does seem kinda Kyu weak, but Drei checks it outside of mterrain I think so I should be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine /hj
Team E
I don't remember the full process of building this since i had the idea to build this a few months ago but left it halfway done but guess fate really wanted me to finish this team so the part where the explanations are might be inaccurate as when i first built this

Mawile Koko

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch

:ss/tapu koko:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Mawile and Tapu Koko paired together is not a new concept, in fact these two were already a good pair a long time back. Koko will provide electric terrain, powering up Thunder Punch switch moves support, dealing with problematic matchups such as fat water types such as slowbro, toxapex, skarmory, corviknight and others whereas the Mega evolved deceiver pokemon will rip apart most mons that koko usually doesn't want to face head on such as Chansey, Blissey, Reuniclus after being brought in by u-turn.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

With problematic situations against mega scizor, kartana and other ground types such as garchomp, gliscor and many others, Defensive Landorus-therian serves as the best stopgap to them, holding them off just enough for the other teammates to get to work, with rocky helmet and toxic punishing most of their moves. Stealth Rock is also used to provide more utility so it doesn't just sit around and click u-turn and toxic.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Taunt

With heatran being one of if not the best stealth rocker in the metagame, Tapu fini is chosen as it is able to comfortably defog away Stealth Rock, while unlike glicor, it does not share both of it's types with landorus-therian. It also serves as a good ash greninja counter, which the team was lacking. Although misty terrain might mess up the process of boosting thunder punch, it's still plenty useful for mawile to come in more safely against the likes of chansey and blissey since it doesn't have to risk getting a thunder wave.

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

:ss/jirachi:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Both of these replaced victini and scarf serperior, which made it so that i have much more security against kyurem at the cost of slightly worse matchups against rain. Although i would note that i didn't really like the idea of putting jirachi on since i would have stacking weaknesses while not being able to break through mega mawile's counterplays, at best crippling them with trick.

Rules state that " Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me."

Rules state that " Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). You cannot vote if you made a team. If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me."
ok sry

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/92b704d8d083352d

:ss/charizard-mega-y:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

The team is built around zard y. Flamethrower is chosen over fire blast for the accuracy, while scorching sands is good coverage for tran, pex, etc. Zard y acts as the team's main wallbreaker.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Heatran was chosen to trap problematic walls such as blissey, which annoy zard y a lot. It also acts as the team's special wall. The speed evs allow it to outspeed modest magnezone.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Fini is our team's defogger. It also checks greninja and helps in the rain mu. The EVs where stolen from the analysis, I don't remember what they do.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Landorus is our team's rocker, ground, and flying type. It also checks physical threats such as mega mawile, mega lopunny, and others. EVs outspeed positive base 60s and sp def. tran.

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Kartana was chosen to threaten physical walls that zard y could not break. It also is a good cleaner that snowballs very quickly. Zard threatens corv, zapdos, etc. for kartana.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile is the team's ghost resist. It also functions as speed control and item removal. Weavile traps mega latias, which can easily use kartana without boosts and zard y as setup fodder.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590502787-ikrtnwyov6irhmpprs53xmg86edgem6pw - Shows how the team's defensive core can handle the opposing team's breakers/sweepers.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590506560 - The team's matchup against rain. Zard kills pelipper and proceeds to kill the team. Fini holds of swampert so zard y can safely come in.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590512651 - Heatran traps Chansey, clearing the way for zard y. At the end of the match, zard kills greninja and weavile cleans through the rest of the oppossing team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1592130890 -Weavile pursuit traps latios, kartana sets up sd and kills half the opposing team.

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Mega Charizard Y + Grassium Z Kartana Bulky Offense
:Charizard-Mega-Y: :Kartana: :Weavile: :Gliscor: :Heatran: :Tapu Fini:
(Click sprites for the PokePaste)

:ss/Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y :Charizardite-Y:
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Obviously, Mega Charizard Y is this cycle's Pokemon. A very poweful special wallbreaker with really nice coverage, not much else to say about it. Fire Blast provides a really poweful STAB which takes a chunk out of switch-ins such as Toxapex, Tapu Fini, Chansey, and Blissey despite the first two resisting it and the last two having a monster special defense. Solar Beam is a way to deal with pesky Water-types such as Tapu Fini, Rotom-Wash, and Gastrodon whilst also providing neutral damage to Pokemon like Garchomp and Toxapex. Focus Blast is usually Scorching Sands for the 100% accuracy and the ability to hit Toxapex super-effectively, although I like to use it since it first of all, has a higher base power and second hits switch-ins like Hydreigon and Tyranitar which it otherwise can't. Roost is quite self-explanatory, it increases Charizard's longevity and if needed to heals damage from Stealth Rock if it hasn't been defogged. The EV spread is quite standard, 252 special attack to maximize damage input and 252 speed with TImid allows it to outspeed Pokemon under 100 base speed, notably Landorus-Therian.

:ss/Kartana:
Kartana @ Grassium Z :Grassium Z:
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Defog

Kartana is very commonly used along with Mega Charizard Y as hazard control and checks common threats like Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Toxapex, etc. Kartana can also effectively revenge kill threats faster than Charizard allowing Charizard to clean up easier later into the game.Leaf Blade is quite simple, basic Grass-type STAB. Knock Off allows Kartana to easily break through things like Toxapex, Chansey, and Tapu Fini which heavily rely on their held items. Synthesis works really well in conjunction with Charizard's sun-setting ability. Defog removes hazards, namely Stealth Rock so Charizard can switch in and not get 50% of it's health chunked out. Grassium Z allows Kartana to OHKO Garchomp; as well as Toxapex and Landorus-Therian after some chip. The given EV spread allows Kartana to OHKO Garchomp, have maximum speed, and the rest is just dumped into HP for extra bulk so Synthesis has actual convenience.

:ss/Weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band :Choice Band:
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Triple Axel

Weavile is this team's primary speed control and physical wallbreaker. It's ability to trap Pokemon like Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and Tapu Lele makes it an excellent partner to Mega Charizard Y as it usually struggles with those three. Knock Off is good STAB as it's able to hinder defensive Pokemon long term and just hits quite hard in general. Ice Shard is Weavile's priority and allows Weavile to revenge kill more efficiently, especially against Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian and Scale Shot boosted Garchomp. Pursuit is Weavile's way of dealing with the aforementioned Psychic-types and helping Charizard wallbreak easier. Triple Axel is simply a strong Ice-type STAB and removes Focus Sash and Sturdy Pokemon as a bonus. Choice Band is quite standard, boosts Weavile's wallbreaking ability. 252 Atk maximizes offensive pressure while 252 speed and Jolly makes it as fast as possible since it's the teams main speed control.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb :Toxic Orb:
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Gliscor is a really nice win condition that checks Heatran and Chansey offensively which Mega Charizard Y can greatly struggle with. It also offers a much needed Electric immunity and Fighting-type resistance. Earthquake is self-explanatory, STAB move and hits quite hard. Facade allows Gliscor to hit Pokemon immune or that resist Earthquake; and hits really hard because of the status ailment boost from Toxic Orb. Roost increases Gliscor's longevity. Swords Dance allows Gliscor to plow through defensive walls and makes it incredibly hard to switch into. 244 HP maximizes Poison Heal recovery, 52 Defense allows Gliscor to survive both a Play Rough and Sucker Punch, one after another from Mega Mawile.

Heatran @ Leftovers :Leftovers:
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heatran provides a much needed Fire-type immunity and excellent utility along with bulk. Heatran also checks threats like Toxapex, Blissey, and Chansey for Mega Charizard Y as well as opposing Heatran. Magma Storm is excellent STAB as well as how Heatran traps special walls to chip them down with Earth Power. Earth Power is Heatran's main method of dealing with Toxapex and Heatran' it also provides useful special defense drops on Blissey and Chansey. Stealth Rock chips down walls for the wallbreakers and makes it harder for the opposing team to pivot. Taunt allows Heatran to disable recovery and pivoting, mainly Soft-Boiled and Teleport on Blissey and Chansey as well as Recover on Toxapex. Leftovers give Heatran gradual recovery. 252 HP maximizes bulk, 124 speed allows it to outpace Magnezone and opposing 120 speed Heatrans. Rest of the EVs are dumped into special defense to enhance survivability.

:ss/Tapu Fini:
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers :Leftovers:
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 168 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Fini brings an excellent defensive typing and great utility to the team. Moonblast is a great STAB and it's all it is really. Scald is again STAB but also allows Tapu Fini to fish for burns against physical attackers. Taunt allows Tapu Fini to shutdown setup sweepers and hazard setters such as Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and Clefable. Defog is quite imporant despite Kartana already having it, especially since both Weavile and Mega Charizard Y are heavily weak to Stealth Rock and Kartana isn't bulky enough to be around all game. Leftovers provides recovery since Tapu Fini requires it a lot. 248 HP maximes Leftovers recovery, 12 Special Attack 2HKOs offensive Heatran with Scald and OHKOs Hawlucha with Moonblast, 12 Defense allows Tapu Fini to survive a boosted Acrobatics from Hawlucha, and 64 Speed grants it enough speed to outspeed specially defensive Heatran.​

Last edited:
Zard Y + double defog

Concept of the team: The basic idea of having two defoggers is defeating as much possible stealth rockers as possible and removing their hazards, since it's basically impossible to do it with one defogger, making it so that zard y has an easier time coming in and nuking everything in sight.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

Main player of the team, doesn't come out too much, but definitely does it's job reliably. The rest of the team is built around it, just like every other zard y team, including the ones posted here.

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran proofs to be the biggest roadblock to this concept, as sun boosted magma storms makes it so that even gliscor has a hard time to switch in, as such i've pick an unorthodox defogger to counter it: dragonite. The given spread had a wild coincident of being able to outspeed most mega mawile by only sacrificing 4 EVS, which was crucial as the team already struggles against mega mawile once it switches in, often times needing more than one teammate to fend off it. Ice beam is used to counter common ground types such as landorus therian, in case kartana was in critical condition. Earthquake was obviously given to fend off heatran itself. It also functions as a much sturdier ground immunity compared to zard due to being able to ignore stealth rock via multiscale.

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog
- Synthesis

As mentioned above, no defogger is able to handle all stealth rockers, and the first pseudo legendary in existence is no exception either. Kartana defeats chansey, blissey, clefable, ferrothorn and is the main defogger that deals with garchomp, the ground type that dragonite couldn't handle properly due to swords dance and continental crush, unlike landorus-t which much prefers using a boosted 1-turn STAB fly. It also provides much more offensive prowess, not being as passive as dragonite.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Obviously, the team is helpless against mega latias, so weavile is slotted to deal with it. Swords dance was fitted in after the team was revised so that the team was able to easily clean up late game. Also helps to lure in some stuff it doesn't want to face such as skarmory, corviknight and ferrothorn for zard y to roast.

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

After revising the team, gastrodon replaced garchomp as the main ground type due to the team not having a great matchup against tapu koko and other fast electric types in the first place. It also retained the role of the replaced tapu fini as an ash greninja counter and a fat water type, capable of soaking a lot of hits.
oh and btw in the middle of writing the descriptions for both of the defoggers i only realized gastrodon was also helping in the matchup against mega diancie, whereas the alpha version of the team struggled with it, i blame ladder for not making me realize that sooner.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Trick
- Final Gambit

The replaced tapu fini mentioned above also compressed the role of being a choice scarfer, and i realised the tapu lele matchup isn't ideal either, so i ended up with choice scarf victini, capable of dealing with the guardian of alola decently, while also being able to throw out powerful hits compared to most of the other choice scarfers with sun fueled V-Create.

Flaws: As much as i liked having such strong hazard control options, they weren't sturdy enough as stealth rocks mega diancie and spikes greninja(protean, since ash greninja is unable to fit both spikes and ice beam) are able discourage my defoggers to switch in as they could be blasted by powerful attacks they wouldn't want to take. There was also the fact that i wasn't able to use any hazards on my team, making it so that switches are very hard to punish.

Dealing with the flaws in a realistic game

Gastrodon is able to hard wall both of the fierce hazard setting threats, so as long as the player doesn't allow them switch in too much and overwhelm gastrodon. As for the not having hazards issue, if the player is aggressive enough and force unavoidable KOs, progress will be made swiftly and the opponent can't react properly and lose the game.

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man

Team A
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/92b704d8d083352d

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

The team is built around zard y. Flamethrower is chosen over fire blast for the accuracy, while scorching sands is good coverage for tran, pex, etc. Zard y acts as the team's main wallbreaker.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Heatran was chosen to trap problematic walls such as blissey, which annoy zard y a lot. It also acts as the team's special wall. The speed evs allow it to outspeed modest magnezone.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Fini is our team's defogger. It also checks greninja and helps in the rain mu. The EVs where stolen from the analysis, I don't remember what they do.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Landorus is our team's rocker, ground, and flying type. It also checks physical threats such as mega mawile, mega lopunny, and others. EVs outspeed positive base 60s and sp def. tran.

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Kartana was chosen to threaten physical walls that zard y could not break. It also is a good cleaner that snowballs very quickly. Zard threatens corv, zapdos, etc. for kartana.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile is the team's ghost resist. It also functions as speed control and item removal. Weavile traps mega latias, which can easily use kartana without boosts and zard y as setup fodder.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590502787-ikrtnwyov6irhmpprs53xmg86edgem6pw - Shows how the team's defensive core can handle the opposing team's breakers/sweepers.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590506560 - The team's matchup against rain. Zard kills pelipper and proceeds to kill the team. Fini holds of swampert so zard y can safely come in.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1590512651 - Heatran traps Chansey, clearing the way for zard y. At the end of the match, zard kills greninja and weavile cleans through the rest of the oppossing team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1592130890 -Weavile pursuit traps latios, kartana sets up sd and kills half the opposing team.

Team B

Mega Charizard Y + Grassium Z Kartana Bulky Offense
:Charizard-Mega-Y: :Kartana: :Weavile: :Gliscor: :Heatran: :Tapu Fini:
(Click sprites for the PokePaste)

:ss/Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y :Charizardite-Y:
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Obviously, Mega Charizard Y is this cycle's Pokemon. A very poweful special wallbreaker with really nice coverage, not much else to say about it. Fire Blast provides a really poweful STAB which takes a chunk out of switch-ins such as Toxapex, Tapu Fini, Chansey, and Blissey despite the first two resisting it and the last two having a monster special defense. Solar Beam is a way to deal with pesky Water-types such as Tapu Fini, Rotom-Wash, and Gastrodon whilst also providing neutral damage to Pokemon like Garchomp and Toxapex. Focus Blast is usually Scorching Sands for the 100% accuracy and the ability to hit Toxapex super-effectively, although I like to use it since it first of all, has a higher base power and second hits switch-ins like Hydreigon and Tyranitar which it otherwise can't. Roost is quite self-explanatory, it increases Charizard's longevity and if needed to heals damage from Stealth Rock if it hasn't been defogged. The EV spread is quite standard, 252 special attack to maximize damage input and 252 speed with TImid allows it to outspeed Pokemon under 100 base speed, notably Landorus-Therian.

:ss/Kartana:
Kartana @ Grassium Z :Grassium Z:
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Defog

Kartana is very commonly used along with Mega Charizard Y as hazard control and checks common threats like Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Toxapex, etc. Kartana can also effectively revenge kill threats faster than Charizard allowing Charizard to clean up easier later into the game.Leaf Blade is quite simple, basic Grass-type STAB. Knock Off allows Kartana to easily break through things like Toxapex, Chansey, and Tapu Fini which heavily rely on their held items. Synthesis works really well in conjunction with Charizard's sun-setting ability. Defog removes hazards, namely Stealth Rock so Charizard can switch in and not get 50% of it's health chunked out. Grassium Z allows Kartana to OHKO Garchomp; as well as Toxapex and Landorus-Therian after some chip. The given EV spread allows Kartana to OHKO Garchomp, have maximum speed, and the rest is just dumped into HP for extra bulk so Synthesis has actual convenience.

:ss/Weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band :Choice Band:
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Triple Axel

Weavile is this team's primary speed control and physical wallbreaker. It's ability to trap Pokemon like Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and Tapu Lele makes it an excellent partner to Mega Charizard Y as it usually struggles with those three. Knock Off is good STAB as it's able to hinder defensive Pokemon long term and just hits quite hard in general. Ice Shard is Weavile's priority and allows Weavile to revenge kill more efficiently, especially against Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian and Scale Shot boosted Garchomp. Pursuit is Weavile's way of dealing with the aforementioned Psychic-types and helping Charizard wallbreak easier. Triple Axel is simply a strong Ice-type STAB and removes Focus Sash and Sturdy Pokemon as a bonus. Choice Band is quite standard, boosts Weavile's wallbreaking ability. 252 Atk maximizes offensive pressure while 252 speed and Jolly makes it as fast as possible since it's the teams main speed control.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb :Toxic Orb:
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Gliscor is a really nice win condition that checks Heatran and Chansey offensively which Mega Charizard Y can greatly struggle with. It also offers a much needed Electric immunity and Fighting-type resistance. Earthquake is self-explanatory, STAB move and hits quite hard. Facade allows Gliscor to hit Pokemon immune or that resist Earthquake; and hits really hard because of the status ailment boost from Toxic Orb. Roost increases Gliscor's longevity. Swords Dance allows Gliscor to plow through defensive walls and makes it incredibly hard to switch into. 244 HP maximizes Poison Heal recovery, 52 Defense allows Gliscor to survive both a Play Rough and Sucker Punch, one after another from Mega Mawile.

Heatran @ Leftovers :Leftovers:
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heatran provides a much needed Fire-type immunity and excellent utility along with bulk. Heatran also checks threats like Toxapex, Blissey, and Chansey for Mega Charizard Y as well as opposing Heatran. Magma Storm is excellent STAB as well as how Heatran traps special walls to chip them down with Earth Power. Earth Power is Heatran's main method of dealing with Toxapex and Heatran' it also provides useful special defense drops on Blissey and Chansey. Stealth Rock chips down walls for the wallbreakers and makes it harder for the opposing team to pivot. Taunt allows Heatran to disable recovery and pivoting, mainly Soft-Boiled and Teleport on Blissey and Chansey as well as Recover on Toxapex. Leftovers give Heatran gradual recovery. 252 HP maximizes bulk, 124 speed allows it to outpace Magnezone and opposing 120 speed Heatrans. Rest of the EVs are dumped into special defense to enhance survivability.

:ss/Tapu Fini:
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers :Leftovers:
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 168 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Fini brings an excellent defensive typing and great utility to the team. Moonblast is a great STAB and it's all it is really. Scald is again STAB but also allows Tapu Fini to fish for burns against physical attackers. Taunt allows Tapu Fini to shutdown setup sweepers and hazard setters such as Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and Clefable. Defog is quite imporant despite Kartana already having it, especially since both Weavile and Mega Charizard Y are heavily weak to Stealth Rock and Kartana isn't bulky enough to be around all game. Leftovers provides recovery since Tapu Fini requires it a lot. 248 HP maximes Leftovers recovery, 12 Special Attack 2HKOs offensive Heatran with Scald and OHKOs Hawlucha with Moonblast, 12 Defense allows Tapu Fini to survive a boosted Acrobatics from Hawlucha, and 64 Speed grants it enough speed to outspeed specially defensive Heatran.​
Team C
Zard Y + double defog

Concept of the team: The basic idea of having two defoggers is defeating as much possible stealth rockers as possible and removing their hazards, since it's basically impossible to do it with one defogger, making it so that zard y has an easier time coming in and nuking everything in sight.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

Main player of the team, doesn't come out too much, but definitely does it's job reliably. The rest of the team is built around it, just like every other zard y team, including the ones posted here.

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran proofs to be the biggest roadblock to this concept, as sun boosted magma storms makes it so that even gliscor has a hard time to switch in, as such i've pick an unorthodox defogger to counter it: dragonite. The given spread had a wild coincident of being able to outspeed most mega mawile by only sacrificing 4 EVS, which was crucial as the team already struggles against mega mawile once it switches in, often times needing more than one teammate to fend off it. Ice beam is used to counter common ground types such as landorus therian, in case kartana was in critical condition. Earthquake was obviously given to fend off heatran itself. It also functions as a much sturdier ground immunity compared to zard due to
being able to ignore stealth rock via multiscale.

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog
- Synthesis

As mentioned above, no defogger is able to handle all stealth rockers, and the first pseudo legendary in existence is no exception either. Kartana defeats chansey, blissey, clefable, ferrothorn and is the main defogger that deals with garchomp, the ground type that dragonite couldn't handle properly due to swords dance and continental crush, unlike landorus-t which much prefers using a boosted 1-turn STAB fly. It also provides much more offensive prowess, not being as passive as dragonite.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Obviously, the team is helpless against mega latias, so weavile is slotted to deal with it. Swords dance was fitted in after the team was revised so that the team was able to easily clean up late game. Also helps to lure in some stuff it doesn't want to face such as skarmory, corviknight and ferrothorn for zard y to roast.

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

After revising the team, gastrodon replaced garchomp as the main ground type due to the team not having a great matchup against tapu koko and other fast electric types in the first place. It also retained the role of the replaced tapu fini as an ash greninja counter and a fat water type, capable of soaking a lot of hits.
oh and btw in the middle of writing the descriptions for both of the defoggers i only realized gastrodon was also helping in the matchup against mega diancie, whereas the alpha version of the team struggled with it, i blame ladder for not making me realize that sooner.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Trick
- Final Gambit

The replaced tapu fini mentioned above also compressed the role of being a choice scarfer, and i realised the tapu lele matchup isn't ideal either, so i ended up with choice scarf victini, capable of dealing with the guardian of alola decently, while also being able to throw out powerful hits compared to most of the other choice scarfers with sun fueled V-Create.

Flaws: As much as i liked having such strong hazard control options, they weren't sturdy enough as stealth rocks mega diancie and spikes greninja(protean, since ash greninja is unable to fit both spikes and ice beam) are able discourage my defoggers to switch in as they could be blasted by powerful attacks they wouldn't want to take. There was also the fact that i wasn't able to use any hazards on my team, making it so that switches are very hard to punish.

Dealing with the flaws in a realistic game

Gastrodon is able to hard wall both of the fierce hazard setting threats, so as long as the player doesn't allow them switch in too much and overwhelm gastrodon. As for the not having hazards issue, if the player is aggressive enough and force unavoidable KOs, progress will be made swiftly and the opponent can't react properly and lose the game.

https://pokepast.es/5e874da39b113467

:ss/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp is the pokemon this team is built around. It's also the team's stealth rocker and wallbreaker. Garchomp also acts as the team's ground type and checks heatran, volcarona, and others.

Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Toxic

Victini helps threaten the metal birds for garchomp and provides pivoting support to get garchomp in. It also helps check mega latias with toxic and tapu lele.

:ss/lopunny-mega:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-turn

Mega Lopunny is a pivot and and cleaner. It also functions as speed control and a ghost immunity for the team.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Tapu Fini is the team's defogger. It also checks threats such as greninja and provides misty terrain for mega lopunny and garchomp.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is our team's ground immunity and primary kartana check. It can use static and discharge to fish for burns. HP Ice was chosen over defog because fini already has defog.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn provides spikes and helps check kyurem. It's steel typing provides useful resistances for the team, and it also provides knock off support.

Threats:

Psychic types: We don't have a dark type, so psychic types can be threatening. However, they can usually be managed with ferrothorn and victini. Try to toxic them and use hazards to force damage.

Last edited:
i desire draco

Team Overview
The concept of this team is a twist on the old Future Sight + wicked blow combination on Slowbro and Urshifu-s respectively. That combination of high power and brutal coverage on the same turn was very appealing but Urshifu-s has been banned and in my experience I've found that most Future Sight users get massacred in this metagame. This led me to Doom Desire.

Doom Desire is a very niche move that is only available on Jirachi. It is essentially Future Sight but steel type and with a monstrous 140bp. Steel by itself is a pretty weak attacking type but it has the redeeming trait of being one of 2 types that can hit fairies super effectively. What gets walled by fairies? Dragon moves. The team has no hazard control as the team is generally pretty resistant to hazards.

:ss/Garchomp:

ABSOLUTE TERRITORY (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

The belle of the ball, a Garchomp with a Swords Dance boost is a fearsome sight. Most Z move Garchomp run Rockium, but this lacks a critical bit of oomph, failing to kill some key neutral targets, defensive Landorus-T being a notable pokemon that comfortably stomachs a +1 Continental Crush. While a boosted Devastating Drake is absolutely brutal, it is easily shut down by any fairy type. However, when paired with Jirachi's doom desire, you're essentially guaranteed a kill from one angle. Swords Dance to boost, Earthquake for reliable STAB, Outrage for the Z move, and Stealth Rock to punish switches when the opposing team has living counters, i.e. Corviknight.

EV spread is a standard max max.

:ss/Latios-Mega:

STEP! (Latios-Mega) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

The rare time Latios is better than his sister, the sheer power coming off a stab, base 160 SpA, and 110 Spe is very hard to contend with. It's two resistances, steel and fairy, are obliterated by Magnezone and doom desire respectively. Psychic is a spammable high damage move, and roost is for recovery. Earthquake is on the set to snipe the ubiquitous Heatran, which Magnezone cannot trap without running sturdy, bluffing magnet pull, and running hp ground.

EVs are pretty standard, naive over timid for better Earthquake damage.

:ss/Greninja:

EASY BREEZY (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

A brutal suprise scarfer and colorful revenge killer, Greninja keeps the team's weaknesses in check. Ice Beam is generally applicable, dealing 4x effectiveness to a plethora of key targets. When lead against Landorus-T, I've found that straight up just pressing Ice Bream often leads to a kill, as cocky scarf Landos think they'll be getting some beautiful chip on your Greninja before escaping. U-turn is a suprisingly powerful pivot move, notably killing opposing Ash-Greninja 75% of the time after Stealth Rock.

176 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja-Ash: 240-284 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gunk Shot provides a way snipe some key fairies, most notably being able to suprise outsped opposing lead Tapu Koko and landing an OHKO. This can be especially useful, as the other Koko counter in Magnezone is prone to being revenge killed, trapped by opposing Mag/Ditto, and worn down. Finally, Grass Knot is mainly there to ease the matchip against rain, as scarf Greninja outspeeds Jolly Swampert under rain. Greninja is male and not shiny to bluff Ash-Greninja.

EV'd so Ice Beam OHKOs Kartana 100% of the time. Rest is dumped into speed and attack.

:ss/Magnezone:

CRITICALCANNONBALL (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magnezone is the trapper that makes the whole team work, as bulky steels will easily shrug off a Doom Desire + Draco Meteor combo. Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt because the extra damage doesn't really help in most calcs, as Corviknight is usually EV'd to live anything weaker than specs. The extra paralyze chance on Discharge is thus preferred. HP Fire is standard for killing Ferrothorn, Scizor, and the like. Flash Cannon provides reliable damage against fairies. Volt Switch is for pivoting. Assault vest was chosen because the team needed a reliable Koko counter and to ease the matchup against opposing Magnezone. As mentioned before, Magnezone cannot trap Heatran without a very niche hp ground set. This was deemed too unreliable in testing despite how heat it is.

EV'd to outrun max speed Mega Mawile. Rest is dumped into special attack and special defense.

:ss/Jirachi:

TOWER OF HEAVEN (Jirachi) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Trick

The star of the show, Jirachi sets up the "i desire draco" combo. Choice Specs boosts the 140bp of Doom Desire to ridiculous levels, destroying any fairy in it's path. Moonblast provides some reliable damage and coverage, notably wiping Kommo-os off the map as they guilelessly press Substitute or Stealth Rock. It is an event move, so Jirachi must be shiny. Thunder, despite it's poor accuracy, provides a 60% chance to paralyze due to Serene Grace, potentially crippling opposing attackers. Lastly, Trick is there to cripple a wall in the event that the Choice Specs becomes too restricting, which can happen against stall teams.

EVs are pretty standard. 4 defense to ease the roll against defensive Lando-T.

:ss/Corviknight:

WATERS OF NAZARETH (Corviknight) (F) @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 144 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Corviknight is a blanket check, anti stall, instant pivot, and a bulky win-con. Substitute + Bulk Up provides monstrously strong substitutes. Roost for recovery and Brave Bird for damage. Iron Defense + Body Press is viable if you are running into lots of fast boosting physical attackers, but the wider coverage of Brave Bird is typically better. The most unique part of this set is the Eject Button. This allows Corviknight to act a a pivot without giving up a move slot for U-turn. This also has the very devious ability to interrupt opposing pivot moves, allowing you to reliably bring in Magnezone. Mega Scizors and Corviknights lazily clicking U-turn, thinking they're safe, only to have their pivot fail and be faced down with a Magnezone. This tech is crucial, as even though Corviknight would love Leftovers, steel types are too strong against this team otherwise.

EVs are the standard Brave Bird + Bulk Up set. Surviving +2 Rockium from Garchomp and outspeeding Mega Mawile.

How to Play This Team
Considering how weird this team is, I figure a little guide like this is necessary.

The lead is almost always either Greninja or Jirachi, the conditions for either are as follows. If the opponent doesn't look like they have a sensible lead with a good matchup against Jirachi, lead it and click Doom Desire. Otherwise lead Greninja. If you're not sure, Greninja is always a safe lead. When leading Greninja, if you have an OHKO, click it and don't predict. Most teams don't expect scarf Greninja and you can easily snipe Lando-Ts and Kokos. Against bad matchups U-turn lets you get out quickly and allows you to interupt obvious pivots from lead Mega-Scizor and Corviknight with your own Corviknight, letting you trap and kill them on turn 2. If Greninja is facing down a Mega-Lopunny, hard switch to Jirachi on the Fake out and proceed from there.

If they have no fairies, just trap their steels and drop the dracos. They should fold pretty quickly, as uhhhh...

252 SpA Latios-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 298-352 (93.4 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 220 Def Zapdos: 355-418 (92.6 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian: 390-459 (102 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, it's pretty strong.

If they were intelligent though and brought the requisite fairy, get your Doom Desire up whenever possible and line up the Dracos. If you managed to trap any steels without expending Corviknight's Eject Button, use it here to safely get them in, as an intelligent opponent may be wise to the shenanigans and predict with a coverage move. It is imperative to use Corviknight's Eject Button early however, as it can become inconvenient in the late game when you get an opportunity to sweep with it.

The only thing Magnezone cannot trap is Heatran, but worry not, for you have Earthquake on Latios and Garchomp, both of which can handidly deal with the teambuilding nightmare. Air Balloon Heatran is a problem, but alas it is a temporary one. Greninja's U-turn should either break it or allow you to bring in Latios, forcing Heatran to switch in to Psychic or Draco and get nailed by Earthquake on the following turn.

Against sun: This team should not have any problems against sun teams. Latios, Garchomp, and Greninja absolutely massacre sun, and you have three sacks against their limited revenge killers.

Against rain: This matchup only becomes a major problem if you lose Greninja particularly early for some reason. You can actually lead Jirachi and obliterate opposing Pelipper lazily clicking U-turn, thinking you're the standard scarf set.

Against trick room: lol you have a corv

Closing Notes
Hey everyone! This is my first post and I hope you all enjoy this team. It's one of my favourites and it is especially hilarious to consistently watch people short circuit because they've never seen Doom Desire before. I've gotten it to 1600+ and I'm sure some more skilled than I can take it further. If you're curious about the nicknames, they're the titles of some pretty sick bangers, would highly reccomend.

I didn't want to get too much into the weird meta bluffing in the descriptions above, so I'll mention it here. Pokemon are shiny where they can be to obfuscate Jirachi's set and to make Greninja's non shiny-ness more prominent, aiding in the Ash-Greninja bluff. Pokemon are female where they can be as well for the same reason, as some people like to make all their pokemon (especially Mega-Lopunny) female for SOME reason.

Last edited:

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Ninja M Mawile Lele Hazard Stacking Balance
:Greninja: :Mawile-mega: :ferrothorn: :Garchomp: :zapdos: :Tapu-lele:
Team Description
The main concept of this hazard stacking balance is utilize the wallbreaking prowess of the Greninja+Mega Mawile+Lele core.

:SS/Greninja:
Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Greninja pairs excellently with mega mawile as it is able to eliminate faster threats and common ground types such as Garchomp and Landorus. Greninja functions as a mixed wallbreaker and is also a late game sweeper once the opposing has been worn down. Greninja can easily pivot out vs chansey or pex to mega mawile or lele with U-turn and improve stall matchups thanks to expert belt. While sacrificing speed to deal with faster threats such as Koko, expert belt grants it freedom and versatility to chip down the opposing team and clean effectively lategame.

:Ss/Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mega Mawile is the the team's primary wallbreaker. The standard Knock off set is optimal for the core as it is able to remove HDB; thus, allowing Greninja to clean efficiency lategame. Mega Mawile also eliminates both tapu lele and greninja's certain walls such as toxapex, corviknight and slowking galar.

:SS/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Garchomp is an excellent rocks setter in the metagame thanks to its great speed tier allowing it to threathen charizard y, opposing rocks setters and common defoggers with rockium such as corviknight, skarmory, landorus and zapdos. Preserving garchomp is incredibly vital against volcarona matchups; although, Z bugnium nukes it regardless.

:SS/Zapdos:
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos forms a great defensive core along with garchomp and ferrothorn as it is capable of walling the likes of kartana, mega scizor, and Belly drum azumarill. Zapdos is also the team's hazard remover, all the while threatening opposing common deffogers such as corviknight, tapu fini and common hazard setters like skarmory and ferrothorn.

:Ss/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is the mixed defensive wall of the team. Ferrothorn is great defensive wall as it deals with rain and is able to switch comfortably to tapu lele and mega alakazam thanks to chople berry, all the while being able to stack spikes for our wallbreakers to abuse. Thunder wave cripples common and faster threats such as mega charizard, volcarona, Kartana, and heatran on the switch in.

:SS/Tapu-Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Scarf Lele provides the much needed speed control and is an incredible lategame cleaner once its threats has been eliminated or considerably been chipped down within range of moon or psychic spams. Scarf lele threathens common mega mawile and greninja checks such as toxapex, and faster threats such as mega lopunny, mega medicham, Ash Greninja and is capable of threatening bulky HDB volcarona after a quiver dance with psyshock and its standard offensive set if its below 90%. Changing discharge to volt switch can improve the chances of 0hko to 68% with a low roll of 18% after a +1.​

SD 3A Dragonium Mixed Garchomp(why is it so long)

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

SD Mixed Dragonium seems like a fun concept to me, since it is able to destroy basically every common switch in garchomp has, be it landorus-t, slowbro, tangrowth, steels that are neutral or immune to ground etc. Sacrificing Stealth rock was painful but i believe that the offensive potential brought to the table makes it worth it, since basically no one expects a regular garchomp set without stealth rocks.

:ss/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 104 SpD / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Sand Tomb

Deal with the ice types and fini, also serves as a great partner since most of the stuff chomp lures are also counters to scizor. Self made spread, same uses as the current bulky spread except huge portions of sp def EVS went to speed in order to outspeed magnezone while having most of it's uses retained.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt

Ash gren counter and dealing with most of the other bulky water types. Creeps for opposing fini for maximum effect.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Our main stealth rocker and counter to tapu koko.

Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog

Ground immunity and defog support needed, so here's zapdos. It's also a more solid lopunny and mega swampert counterplay compared to fini.

:ss/greninja:
Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Spikes

The speed control. Helps with pivots and more security against other ground types since they can run Stone edge to rip apart zapdos.

Might notice how short the description is compared to the past posts sorry mb

Milo

I'm Your Man

Team A
https://pokepast.es/5e874da39b113467

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp is the pokemon this team is built around. It's also the team's stealth rocker and wallbreaker. Garchomp also acts as the team's ground type and checks heatran, volcarona, and others.

Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Toxic

Victini helps threaten the metal birds for garchomp and provides pivoting support to get garchomp in. It also helps check mega latias with toxic and tapu lele.

:ss/lopunny-mega:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-turn

Mega Lopunny is a pivot and and cleaner. It also functions as speed control and a ghost immunity for the team.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Tapu Fini is the team's defogger. It also checks threats such as greninja and provides misty terrain for mega lopunny and garchomp.

Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is our team's ground immunity and primary kartana check. It can use static and discharge to fish for burns. HP Ice was chosen over defog because fini already has defog.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn provides spikes and helps check kyurem. It's steel typing provides useful resistances for the team, and it also provides knock off support.

Threats:

Psychic types: We don't have a dark type, so psychic types can be threatening. However, they can usually be managed with ferrothorn and victini. Try to toxic them and use hazards to force damage.
Team B
i desire draco

Team Overview
The concept of this team is a twist on the old Future Sight + wicked blow combination on Slowbro and Urshifu-s respectively. That combination of high power and brutal coverage on the same turn was very appealing but Urshifu-s has been banned and in my experience I've found that most Future Sight users get massacred in this metagame. This led me to Doom Desire.

Doom Desire is a very niche move that is only available on Jirachi. It is essentially Future Sight but steel type and with a monstrous 140bp. Steel by itself is a pretty weak attacking type but it has the redeeming trait of being one of 2 types that can hit fairies super effectively. What gets walled by fairies? Dragon moves. The team has no hazard control as the team is generally pretty resistant to hazards.

:ss/Garchomp:

ABSOLUTE TERRITORY (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

The belle of the ball, a Garchomp with a Swords Dance boost is a fearsome sight. Most Z move Garchomp run Rockium, but this lacks a critical bit of oomph, failing to kill some key neutral targets, defensive Landorus-T being a notable pokemon that comfortably stomachs a +1 Continental Crush. While a boosted Devastating Drake is absolutely brutal, it is easily shut down by any fairy type. However, when paired with Jirachi's doom desire, you're essentially guaranteed a kill from one angle. Swords Dance to boost, Earthquake for reliable STAB, Outrage for the Z move, and Stealth Rock to punish switches when the opposing team has living counters, i.e. Corviknight.

EV spread is a standard max max.

:ss/Latios-Mega:

STEP! (Latios-Mega) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

The rare time Latios is better than his sister, the sheer power coming off a stab, base 160 SpA, and 110 Spe is very hard to contend with. It's two resistances, steel and fairy, are obliterated by Magnezone and doom desire respectively. Psychic is a spammable high damage move, and roost is for recovery. Earthquake is on the set to snipe the ubiquitous Heatran, which Magnezone cannot trap without running sturdy, bluffing magnet pull, and running hp ground.

EVs are pretty standard, naive over timid for better Earthquake damage.

:ss/Greninja:

EASY BREEZY (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

A brutal suprise scarfer and colorful revenge killer, Greninja keeps the team's weaknesses in check. Ice Beam is generally applicable, dealing 4x effectiveness to a plethora of key targets. When lead against Landorus-T, I've found that straight up just pressing Ice Bream often leads to a kill, as cocky scarf Landos think they'll be getting some beautiful chip on your Greninja before escaping. U-turn is a suprisingly powerful pivot move, notably killing opposing Ash-Greninja 75% of the time after Stealth Rock.

176 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja-Ash: 240-284 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gunk Shot provides a way snipe some key fairies, most notably being able to suprise outsped opposing lead Tapu Koko and landing an OHKO. This can be especially useful, as the other Koko counter in Magnezone is prone to being revenge killed, trapped by opposing Mag/Ditto, and worn down. Finally, Grass Knot is mainly there to ease the matchip against rain, as scarf Greninja outspeeds Jolly Swampert under rain. Greninja is male and not shiny to bluff Ash-Greninja.

EV'd so Ice Beam OHKOs Kartana 100% of the time. Rest is dumped into speed and attack.

:ss/Magnezone:

CRITICALCANNONBALL (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magnezone is the trapper that makes the whole team work, as bulky steels will easily shrug off a Doom Desire + Draco Meteor combo. Discharge is chosen over Thunderbolt because the extra damage doesn't really help in most calcs, as Corviknight is usually EV'd to live anything weaker than specs. The extra paralyze chance on Discharge is thus preferred. HP Fire is standard for killing Ferrothorn, Scizor, and the like. Flash Cannon provides reliable damage against fairies. Volt Switch is for pivoting. Assault vest was chosen because the team needed a reliable Koko counter and to ease the matchup against opposing Magnezone. As mentioned before, Magnezone cannot trap Heatran without a very niche hp ground set. This was deemed too unreliable in testing despite how heat it is.

EV'd to outrun max speed Mega Mawile. Rest is dumped into special attack and special defense.

:ss/Jirachi:

TOWER OF HEAVEN (Jirachi) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Trick

The star of the show, Jirachi sets up the "i desire draco" combo. Choice Specs boosts the 140bp of Doom Desire to ridiculous levels, destroying any fairy in it's path. Moonblast provides some reliable damage and coverage, notably wiping Kommo-os off the map as they guilelessly press Substitute or Stealth Rock. It is an event move, so Jirachi must be shiny. Thunder, despite it's poor accuracy, provides a 60% chance to paralyze due to Serene Grace, potentially crippling opposing attackers. Lastly, Trick is there to cripple a wall in the event that the Choice Specs becomes too restricting, which can happen against stall teams.

EVs are pretty standard. 4 defense to ease the roll against defensive Lando-T.

:ss/Corviknight:

WATERS OF NAZARETH (Corviknight) (F) @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 144 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Corviknight is a blanket check, anti stall, instant pivot, and a bulky win-con. Substitute + Bulk Up provides monstrously strong substitutes. Roost for recovery and Brave Bird for damage. Iron Defense + Body Press is viable if you are running into lots of fast boosting physical attackers, but the wider coverage of Brave Bird is typically better. The most unique part of this set is the Eject Button. This allows Corviknight to act a a pivot without giving up a move slot for U-turn. This also has the very devious ability to interrupt opposing pivot moves, allowing you to reliably bring in Magnezone. Mega Scizors and Corviknights lazily clicking U-turn, thinking they're safe, only to have their pivot fail and be faced down with a Magnezone. This tech is crucial, as even though Corviknight would love Leftovers, steel types are too strong against this team otherwise.

EVs are the standard Brave Bird + Bulk Up set. Surviving +2 Rockium from Garchomp and outspeeding Mega Mawile.

How to Play This Team
Considering how weird this team is, I figure a little guide like this is necessary.

The lead is almost always either Greninja or Jirachi, the conditions for either are as follows. If the opponent doesn't look like they have a sensible lead with a good matchup against Jirachi, lead it and click Doom Desire. Otherwise lead Greninja. If you're not sure, Greninja is always a safe lead. When leading Greninja, if you have an OHKO, click it and don't predict. Most teams don't expect scarf Greninja and you can easily snipe Lando-Ts and Kokos. Against bad matchups U-turn lets you get out quickly and allows you to interupt obvious pivots from lead Mega-Scizor and Corviknight with your own Corviknight, letting you trap and kill them on turn 2. If Greninja is facing down a Mega-Lopunny, hard switch to Jirachi on the Fake out and proceed from there.

If they have no fairies, just trap their steels and drop the dracos. They should fold pretty quickly, as uhhhh...

252 SpA Latios-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 298-352 (93.4 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 220 Def Zapdos: 355-418 (92.6 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian: 390-459 (102 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, it's pretty strong.

If they were intelligent though and brought the requisite fairy, get your Doom Desire up whenever possible and line up the Dracos. If you managed to trap any steels without expending Corviknight's Eject Button, use it here to safely get them in, as an intelligent opponent may be wise to the shenanigans and predict with a coverage move. It is imperative to use Corviknight's Eject Button early however, as it can become inconvenient in the late game when you get an opportunity to sweep with it.

The only thing Magnezone cannot trap is Heatran, but worry not, for you have Earthquake on Latios and Garchomp, both of which can handidly deal with the teambuilding nightmare. Air Balloon Heatran is a problem, but alas it is a temporary one. Greninja's U-turn should either break it or allow you to bring in Latios, forcing Heatran to switch in to Psychic or Draco and get nailed by Earthquake on the following turn.

Against sun: This team should not have any problems against sun teams. Latios, Garchomp, and Greninja absolutely massacre sun, and you have three sacks against their limited revenge killers.

Against rain: This matchup only becomes a major problem if you lose Greninja particularly early for some reason. You can actually lead Jirachi and obliterate opposing Pelipper lazily clicking U-turn, thinking you're the standard scarf set.

Against trick room: lol you have a corv

Closing Notes
Hey everyone! This is my first post and I hope you all enjoy this team. It's one of my favourites and it is especially hilarious to consistently watch people short circuit because they've never seen Doom Desire before. I've gotten it to 1600+ and I'm sure some more skilled than I can take it further. If you're curious about the nicknames, they're the titles of some pretty sick bangers, would highly reccomend.

I didn't want to get too much into the weird meta bluffing in the descriptions above, so I'll mention it here. Pokemon are shiny where they can be to obfuscate Jirachi's set and to make Greninja's non shiny-ness more prominent, aiding in the Ash-Greninja bluff. Pokemon are female where they can be as well for the same reason, as some people like to make all their pokemon (especially Mega-Lopunny) female for SOME reason.
Team C
Ninja M Mawile Lele Hazard Stacking Balance
:Greninja: :Mawile-mega: :ferrothorn: :Garchomp: :zapdos: :Tapu-lele:
Team Description
The main concept of this hazard stacking balance is utilize the wallbreaking prowess of the Greninja+Mega Mawile+Lele core.

:SS/Greninja:
Greninja @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Greninja pairs excellently with mega mawile as it is able to eliminate faster threats and common ground types such as Garchomp and Landorus. Greninja functions as a mixed wallbreaker and is also a late game sweeper once the opposing has been worn down. Greninja can easily pivot out vs chansey or pex to mega mawile or lele with U-turn and improve stall matchups thanks to expert belt. While sacrificing speed to deal with faster threats such as Koko, expert belt grants it freedom and versatility to chip down the opposing team and clean effectively lategame.

:Ss/Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mega Mawile is the the team's primary wallbreaker. The standard Knock off set is optimal for the core as it is able to remove HDB; thus, allowing Greninja to clean efficiency lategame. Mega Mawile also eliminates both tapu lele and greninja's certain walls such as toxapex, corviknight and slowking galar.

:SS/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Garchomp is an excellent rocks setter in the metagame thanks to its great speed tier allowing it to threathen charizard y, opposing rocks setters and common defoggers with rockium such as corviknight, skarmory, landorus and zapdos. Preserving garchomp is incredibly vital against volcarona matchups; although, Z bugnium nukes it regardless.

:SS/Zapdos:
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos forms a great defensive core along with garchomp and ferrothorn as it is capable of walling the likes of kartana, mega scizor, and Belly drum azumarill. Zapdos is also the team's hazard remover, all the while threatening opposing common deffogers such as corviknight, tapu fini and common hazard setters like skarmory and ferrothorn.

:Ss/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is the mixed defensive wall of the team. Ferrothorn is great defensive wall as it deals with rain and is able to switch comfortably to tapu lele and mega alakazam thanks to chople berry, all the while being able to stack spikes for our wallbreakers to abuse. Thunder wave cripples common and faster threats such as mega charizard, volcarona, Kartana, and heatran on the switch in.

:SS/Tapu-Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Scarf Lele provides the much needed speed control and is an incredible lategame cleaner once its threats has been eliminated or considerably been chipped down within range of moon or psychic spams. Scarf lele threathens common mega mawile and greninja checks such as toxapex, and faster threats such as mega lopunny, mega medicham, Ash Greninja and is capable of threatening bulky HDB volcarona after a quiver dance with psyshock and its standard offensive set if its below 90%. Changing discharge to volt switch can improve the chances of 0hko to 68% with a low roll of 18% after a +1.​
Team D
SD 3A Dragonium Mixed Garchomp(why is it so long)

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

SD Mixed Dragonium seems like a fun concept to me, since it is able to destroy basically every common switch in garchomp has, be it landorus-t, slowbro, tangrowth, steels that are neutral or immune to ground etc. Sacrificing Stealth rock was painful but i believe that the offensive potential brought to the table makes it worth it, since basically no one expects a regular garchomp set without stealth rocks.

:ss/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 104 SpD / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Sand Tomb

Deal with the ice types and fini, also serves as a great partner since most of the stuff chomp lures are also counters to scizor. Self made spread, same uses as the current bulky spread except huge portions of sp def EVS went to speed in order to outspeed magnezone while having most of it's uses retained.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt

Ash gren counter and dealing with most of the other bulky water types. Creeps for opposing fini for maximum effect.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Our main stealth rocker and counter to tapu koko.

Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog

Ground immunity and defog support needed, so here's zapdos. It's also a more solid lopunny and mega swampert counterplay compared to fini.

:ss/greninja:
Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Spikes

The speed control. Helps with pivots and more security against other ground types since they can run Stone edge to rip apart zapdos.

Might notice how short the description is compared to the past posts sorry mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)