Other Metagames [National Dex OU] Triple Wish + Toad Stall [Peaked Top 10]

I've been experimenting with various teams lately, and I think I have finally struck gold (or I've just been getting lucky on the ladder). I stopped once I got to the top ten because I get really anxious playing higher on the ladder (and in tours, for that matter). Anyway, I suck at prefaces, so without further ado, here is the import, proof of peak, and team breakdown.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press
Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 244 HP / 232 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Annotation 2020-01-19 161219.png

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I'm personally not a big fan of SpD Mega Sableye, but I made the shift, at least for this team, for a few reasons. First of all, Koko+Medi is not as common as it was in SMOU, not to mention electric terrain got nerfed. Secondly, I have another check to Medicham on this team (on other teams, I use a spread of 248 HP / 52+ Def / 200 SpD / 8 Spe to check Medicham under electric terrain). Lastly, I've been using Gliscor on every other team to check Heatran; SpD Sable can check non-modest Heatran that lacks firium z (modest and firium z seem rather uncommon, based on my experience and December's usage stats). Gliscor wasn't doing much else, so it was mostly just taking up a team slot.

I like to use night shade over knock off because it does much more to the bulky Pokémon Sableye finds itself switching in on, like Ferrothorn and Toxapex. I like to knock off their leftovers and black sludge with a different team member, then burn them to really put on the pressure (especially with toxapex, since it has recover). I'd use seismic toss for the extra pp, but that means taking damage from Ferrothorn's iron barbs.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press

Corviknight is perhaps my favorite Pokémon from Sword and Shield. On this team, it serves as a check to more threatening hazard setters, like SD Lando and Garchomp. Iron defense allows you to keep up with the aforementioned threats, set up to sweep, and check Mega Mawile. Speaking of which, the speed EVs are to outspeed standard SMOU Mega Mawile (I don't believe there is a standard for SSOU yet; correct me if I'm wrong). Body press abuses iron defense, and hits key targets hard, like Excadrill and Tyranitar. After enough boosts, even resists like Lando drop. It may seem odd to have near-max defense on a Pokémon that has iron defense in its set, but the large defense stat is really needed for Mawile and rockium Garchomp/Lando.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 244 HP / 232 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Delphox may seem like an odd pick, but it has made its way on SMOU stall teams before. It serves as a check to cm fleur cannon Magearna, Zard Y, Mega Medicham, and Tapu Lele. Mystical fire deals solid damage to Magearna while simultaneously reducing its special attack. The heavy defense investment makes it a check to Medicham, and makes Delphox less weak to pursuit (which protect helps scout for, as many pursuit trappers use choice scarf/band). Toxic wears down switch-ins and the like. Wish, in tandem with protect, provides reliable recovery.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Clefable is the obligatory unaware Pokémon for this stall team, serving as a check to various setup sweepers. The EV spread allows Clefable to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lopunny's return, adamant Hawlucha's brave bird, and timid Mega Blastoise's hydro pump (though it can check modest sets by using protect to heal with leftovers, and most sets I've run into use water pulse). Moonblast is an all-around solid attack, and heal bell is necessary for any stall team's longevity.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

I've felt the need to have wishy fishy on every team this gen, thanks to the absurdity that is Galarian Darmanitan. Alomomola walls the afro ape for days, with banded sets failing to 2HKO with EQ after leftovers recovery, and doing effectively no damage with U-turn after leftovers and regenerator. The HP EVs give Alomomola an HP stat divisible by 16, optimizing leftovers recovery. Maximum defense investment with an impish nature allows Alomomola to check Darmanitan so well, as well as Dracovish and Mega Metagross with thunder punch. The rest goes into SpD to check some special attackers, like Ash-Greninja; I also like to switch Alo into Volcarona, toxic it, then switch to Clefable. Rocky helmet could be used to more easily deal with Melmetal and Metagross, but the leftovers recovery is dearly missed, forcing you to wish more often. Besides, the next member of the team can easily check these threats. Knock off neuters banded Dracovish and Melmetal, as well as Pokémon that may want to switch in on an expected toxic, like Toxapex and Ferrothorn. Toxic puts various threats and switch ins on a timer, such as Zard X, Dracovish, Koko, and Rotom-Wash.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Seismitoad serves as a check to various volt switch users, like Tapu Koko, Rotom, and AV Magearna. I would have used Gastrodon. for the reliable recovery, but I needed stealth rock, and I had plenty of wish support anyway. The EV spread allows Seismitoad to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Metagross' zen headbutt, and the OHKO from cm Blace's +1 Never-ending Nightmare. That said, Seismitoad likely won't have to take repeated zen headbutts, as most Mega Metagross' do not run both zen headbutt and thunder punch; a set lacking thunder punch is easily walled by Corviknight. Water absorb improves the match up against Rotom-Wash, and allows Seismitoad to switch in on fishious rend no matter how low on health it is. Additionally, Alomomola (and pretty much anything else not immune) is 2HKOed by banded Dracovish's fishious rend under rain. Toxic cripples stuff, EQ OHKOs Blace (which EP cannot because of calm mind boosts), scald potentially burns stuff, and stealth rock is necessary on virtually every team to punish switching.

Any and all advice/criticism is appreciated (unless it is not constructive criticism). By the way, here is a match in which Corviknight sweeps (or cleans up): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1049229545

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)