National Dex [National Dex OU] Volcanion Balance, any feedback? (peaked around 1510)

Ah yes, Volcanion. That mon that was in RU until recently but is still below NDUU. I've tried to use it in NDOU, where it isn't a bad mon at all either, and this is the team i've used.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

The main mon of this team. It acts as a wallbreaker with its spammable SE that 2HKOes even resists and that is a terror to rain teams (it does 91 minimum to pelipper in rain lol), with Flamethrower to hit scizor, ferro (though in rain ferro gets 2HKOed by SE anyway so no need to worry about less firepower since you have waterpower instead). EP hits other volcanion and especially Toxapex, which otherwise hard walls it. And finally Sludge Wave hits Fini, which can be annoying to it otherwise.

The EV spread allows it to outspeed a max speed Adamant M-Mawile, avoiding its tpunch and nuking it with a move of choice (just don't sludge wave it please). Max SpA for maximum team-fucking-up potential, and the rest gets dumped into SpD to tanks hits better from Heatran, Greninja and the likes. It can also work as a one-time check to setup sweepers like Volcarona and Kommo-o, thanks to its typing and decent uninvested bulk, unlike other water nukes like Greninja.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

For the second mon of this team, arguably the most badass-looking Mega, and one that pairs decently well with Volcanion as well, there's Scizor, taking hits from ground-types like Landorus-T, Gliscor or Mega Swampert and having good bulk and a great typing. Volcanion also supports Scizor by taking Fire attacks from Heatran (EP does kinda hurt though) or both Charizards if they aren't packing a ground move.

In this case I used a Swords Dance set to clean up the mess Volcanion makes in the enemy team with BP, plus Roost and defensive investment to check many physical attackers bar from something like Victini, and Knock Off for an spammable move that makes checks like Heatran afraid to switch in to avoid losing their only recovery.

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Now we have chompy boi, serving as a good sweeper that can mess teams up along with its partners, plus taking a hit or two thanks to its ok bulk. SD+Scale Shot (i first typed Scald Shot lmao) allows it to be fast and strong, coupled with its relative easiness to set up. EQ as the mandatory ground STAB and Stone Edge to hit flying-types like Corviknight and Zard Y, plus you can turn it into a Continental Crush for those pesky walls that try to wall it and to actually hit your goddamn rock move

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 148 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake

What's up with Ground/Flying types being so super-glue-y? Anyway, Gliscor hasn't Lando's offensive presence (well it can do SD) or physical bulk, but I chose to run it because of it's better longevity and the fact that I don't want a Mega Sableye going rampant with Wisp. Anyway, Defog provides some needed hazard control, especially for Volcanion, Roost is Roost, EQ is EQ, and U-Turn is some cool pivoting move or smth. Speed EVs allow it to outspeed max spe Modest Heatran and go postal on it (or just roost on it), and the rest goes to SpD to better handle special attackers (duh) and random HP ices. So yeah, Electric immunity, Ground immunity, Defog, pivot, special wall, Heatran check and status absorber.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Now, as our Greninja, Koko and others check, we have the spike bol. SpD investment allows it to check the aforementioned threats and better take random HP fires, and Lefties and Leech Seed it can sorta heal damage with Protect. Then knock for utility and rocks instead of Spikes because I couldn't fit them anywhere else (give ferro rapid spin balls can spin after all).

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Now about this guy, honestly I'm not sure what to add here, and the frog's kind of a placeholder because it's always useful. it's pretty much your standard specs ashninja set with U-Turn for momentum, but anyway i'm not sure if there's a better option for this slot, preferably some fast mon/scarfer as otherwise speed's kinda lacking here.

So yeah, thoughts? Make any changes you wish, but if possible don't remove Volcanion as it's pretty much the whole point of the team.

Importable:

https://pokepast.es/3ec4057fd16f5440

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)