• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
MEGA CHOMP + DRILL LEFTO BALANCED
:ss/excadrill::ss/garchomp-mega::ss/hippowdon::ss/amoonguss::ss/slowbro::ss/magearna:

It's a revamp from the Sand I've used against Chemical Jackfruit on Money Tournament, Round 3.

The team is mainly focus on a classic offensive core, Groundium Drill + Sub SD Chomp. The idea is to remove the Flying Type, so that Drill can freely spam Quake + Z to remove things such as Ferrothorn/Bleye Mega. Chomp is able to beat Corv at +2 thanks to SD + Sand (That's why he's Edge Quake, Fire Fang is an option on Chomp, but Sub is actually neat to beat some fat teams. The invest is made so that Chomp can outrun Rilla Ada before his mega, and to outrun Zapdos after. Drill is also only outspeeding Tran. For Hippowdon, his spread help to handle two Flamethrower from Zard Y, so that he can act as my main in to hit, Fire Blast is like invisible, and atm Zard Y is using Weather Ball, but, since the both can be used, I've decided to take this spread instead of a regular 252 HP / 252+ Def. But, if you think that all Zard Y will use Weather Ball, then you can take that spread instead, it will make sure you don't die to 2 Focus Blast. Which mean you can easily handle Scorching Sand, even burned you can take 3 of them. He's also acting as my main Tran SI against fat build, when you're playing against more offensive build, Chomp will be your main in.
TUSK (Hippowdon) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
Then, I've decided to put a nasty regecore, Bro+Guss. Guss is capable of dealing with a lot of thread, including Ash-Gren, Rillaboom Banded, and all those stuffs with this spread. With Bro, it form a awfull and strong regecore. Now, since my team is falling to Chomp, Tias Mega and Vile, I was a bit struggling for the last slot, then I've decided to use a Shuca Magearna. It can seems weird on the paper, but in game, it work actually very well. Shuca + Full HP aloud you to handle a +2 Quake from Chomp, and Ice Beam is here to kill it, since Fleur Cannon can miss. It's also helpfull against stuff like Landorus-T, which my team, since it's pretty grounded, is struggling. Flash Cannon/Tbolt are options on Beam, but that mean you'll have to rely on a move that can miss.
For the threatlist, unfort this team have a bad time against Koko + Medi. The two separately are manageable, even if the second could cause some problem with T-Punch. You'll have to rely on prediction, or pray that Koko is Specs with Volt-Switch. If it's Boots Turn Koko, well... it will depend of the rest of the team.
Charizard Mega Y is also a big issue if he's using Fire Blast. Most likely, all Zard Mega could be nasty. But, if it's classic, then you can win.
Be also very careful against SD Rilla, you'll need to scout him. In case of emergency, Mag can handle a High Horsepower thanks to Shuca and do to him a lot of damage, but, you'll need to stack the rocks + F-Sight, or Toxic it with Hippo.
(btw I've some trouble with Spoilers code atm, that's why I'm not using them)

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ok this week was more flames than I was expecting, good work all of you

Team A by NuttyRabbit
:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: :Rillaboom: :Magearna: :Cinderace: :Kommo-o:
:Mew: Obligatory lead with hazards

:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: Mega Chomp's only place is on HO and the SD sets just kills shit after boosting. Tantrum B/C Rilla

:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: :Rillaboom: Obligatory Rillaboom for speed control.

:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: :Rillaboom: :Magearna: Obligatory Magearna that just shits on everything because broken

:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: :Rillaboom: :Magearna: :Cinderace: Obligatory Cinderace. Z-Double Edge blows up its normal counters and is a nice neutral move. Fucking ban this piece of shit

:Mew: :Garchomp-Mega: :Rillaboom: :Magearna: :Cinderace: :Kommo-o: Belly Drum Kommo-o rounds out the team, sweeping shit after a BD or whatever

Threatlist
:Ditto: Copies my shit and kills me if I'm not careful

:Garchomp: Claims a kill with +2 Z

:Weavile: Magearna dies I lose to this eventually

Team B by Sevelon
:azelf: :garchomp: :victini: :bisharp: :cinderace: :dragonite:
I picked Azelf lead because I wanted rocks up against Sableye anchored teams and I knew that lead Garchomp usually gets up rocks vs HO, and I do not want rocks up on my side at all costs. Spread avoids the KO from Lopunny Fake Out into Frustration.

SD Scale Megachomp really owns fatter balance and some offenses that rely on Corviknight or Zapdos as the dedicated Garchomp answer, and abusing Corviknight is amazing for the rest of this team

Gambit Victini pretty much always gets a kill and leaves a hole for the other breakers to go crazy. I was really weak to Quagsire stall and never found myself clicking Bolt Strike, so I replaced it with Energy Ball. Spread OHKO's Slowbro with Final Gambit.

Lum Bisharp gives me a one time out against opposing Toxapex, and prevents Defog nicely, yet another anti-Corv measure that I will gladly take.

Substitute Bulk Up Cinderace aims to take advantage of its most common answers, in Toxapex and Slowbro. Z Double Edge drops anything neutral to it at +1, and is generally solid coverage since Cinderace naturally thwarts Normal resists so well. Spread avoids Toxapex Scald breaking your sub (since you won't be Fire type when you sub) and suprisingly there is nothing between 370 speed and 361, so you outspeed Serperior by one point as well. Speed tying opposing Cinderace is not important to me.

Dragonite's really convenient typing allow it to check a lot of pokemon that the rest of the team dislikes, such as Cinderace, Rillaboom, Ashgren to a degree, and Mega Latias. DD Policy is some great cheese and really appreciates how hard the rest of the team abuses Corviknight, Zapdos, and fat waters.

threats
Ashgren and Weavile basically pick one every time they come out

Opposing Megachomp is a pain if it gets off a Scale Shot and Victini is not alive

Team C by Ryuji-Sempai
:excadrill::garchomp-mega::hippowdon::amoonguss::slowbro::magearna:
The team is mainly focus on a classic offensive core, Groundium Drill + Sub SD Chomp. The idea is to remove the Flying Type, so that Drill can freely spam Quake + Z to remove things such as Ferrothorn/Bleye Mega. Chomp is able to beat Corv at +2 thanks to SD + Sand (That's why he's Edge Quake, Fire Fang is an option on Chomp, but Sub is actually neat to beat some fat teams. The invest is made so that Chomp can outrun Rilla Ada before his mega, and to outrun Zapdos after. Drill is also only outspeeding Tran. For Hippowdon, his spread help to handle two Flamethrower from Zard Y, so that he can act as my main in to hit, Fire Blast is like invisible, and atm Zard Y is using Weather Ball, but, since the both can be used, I've decided to take this spread instead of a regular 252 HP / 252+ Def. But, if you think that all Zard Y will use Weather Ball, then you can take that spread instead, it will make sure you don't die to 2 Focus Blast. Which mean you can easily handle Scorching Sand, even burned you can take 3 of them. He's also acting as my main Tran SI against fat build, when you're playing against more offensive build, Chomp will be your main in.

Then, I've decided to put a nasty regecore, Bro+Guss. Guss is capable of dealing with a lot of thread, including Ash-Gren, Rillaboom Banded, and all those stuffs with this spread. With Bro, it form a awfull and strong regecore. Now, since my team is falling to Chomp, Tias Mega and Vile, I was a bit struggling for the last slot, then I've decided to use a Shuca Magearna. It can seems weird on the paper, but in game, it work actually very well. Shuca + Full HP aloud you to handle a +2 Quake from Chomp, and Ice Beam is here to kill it, since Fleur Cannon can miss. It's also helpfull against stuff like Landorus-T, which my team, since it's pretty grounded, is struggling. Flash Cannon/Tbolt are options on Beam, but that mean you'll have to rely on a move that can miss.
For the threatlist, unfort this team have a bad time against Koko + Medi. The two separately are manageable, even if the second could cause some problem with T-Punch. You'll have to rely on prediction, or pray that Koko is Specs with Volt-Switch. If it's Boots Turn Koko, well... it will depend of the rest of the team.
Charizard Mega Y is also a big issue if he's using Fire Blast. Most likely, all Zard Mega could be nasty. But, if it's classic, then you can win.
Be also very careful against SD Rilla, you'll need to scout him. In case of emergency, Mag can handle a High Horsepower thanks to Shuca and do to him a lot of damage, but, you'll need to stack the rocks + F-Sight, or Toxic it with Hippo.
(btw I've some trouble with Spoilers code atm, that's why I'm not using them)

peap

asleep
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
B > C = A

Sevelon really thought through the lead on team A and put a favorable matchup against rocks. Feels like an updated gen 6 hyper offense.

I've used C a bit and while I love the power of Sand Force Mchomp, with no ground immunity or resist I found it a bit inconsistent over longer games for a bulky offense team.

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Congratulations to Sevelon for winning by a landslide, your team will be added to the archives when sol-
s/o solaros for updating the archives (finally) :blobthumbsup:

Cycle 43: Landorus-Therian
:ss/landorus-therian:

Ah yes, yet another ground type. Landorus-Therian has always been an overcentralizing force in OUs for many generations, though at the start of natdex it lost a bit of shine to it, it has eventually come back to its infamous role of being the glue everyone loves. How will you popularize the ladder?

Submissions end on the 6th of February at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
THE STRONGEST HYPER OFFENSE FT. EXPLOSION LANDO-T

:ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Scizor-mega: :ss/Magearna: :ss/Necrozma:

Click on the team above for the paste

You may be asking "Nutty, why are you submitting HO 2 weeks in a row" and the answer is "because this team is fuego as FUCK"

:Landorus-Therian: Okay so u may be asking "Hey Nutty, why use Lando-T as a suicide lead when Mew and Drill exist?" and the answer is because Lando exchanges their utility for the ability to just claim at least 1 kill per game (or even if it doesn't chip whatever tanks the Boom into range of everything else). The set is pretty standard for Suicide Lando, although I'l note that u can ABSOLUTELY go Smack Down over SD or even Boom if you just wanna fuck up the ground immunes that think they can come in

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl provides Screens, and I'm going with Screens because I love Screens and this team benefits from it like CRAZY

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: First up for the sweeper is Double Dance Kommo-o, one of my favorite wincons on HO and a mon that can just absolutely FIEND certain matchups (Give this thing a single free turn on Rain and it just fucking WINS). It also helps greatly in the Cinderace, non-Hurricane Zapdos, and Ash Gren MUs

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: Despite how much I love Kommo-o as a wincon, it has its faults, and one of its biggest is the fact that the mere presence of fairies (and Pex) on the opposing team just shuts it down completely, and so I figured that something that could pressure/eliminate those mons would be a great next pick, and I realized pretty quickly that SD Sand Tomb Scizor was that mon. SD Scizor not only sets up on the fairies that give Kommo-o hell, but also lures in Steels like Ferrothorn and Heatran as well as stuff like Pex that would otherwise annoy a large chunk of my team, traps them, and eliminates them. In turn, Kommo-o sets up on the Zapdoses that come in to threaten it. Also as a bonus, it gives me a soft check to Magearna, Kartana, and Mega Lopunny, which would otherwise be a massive pain in the ass.

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: :Magearna: KissPower Magearna is the mother of all MU fishes and lategame wincons, able to steal away games for practically free, and as such it was a natural 5th slot. Magearna absolutely loves the support this team can provide, whether it be Grimmsnarl's screens making it easy to boost up/proc Weakness Policy, Kommo-o and Scizor blowing through Steels, or Scizor being able to trap and eliminate Pex. The spread's standard

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: :Magearna: :Necrozma: The last slot goes to a really unconventional pick, but one I've found to be insanely reliable (Hell, I've used it to get all but one of my suspect reqs). WP Autotomize Necrozma is able to steal games away in a similar fashion to Magearna, only really needing a single stray supereffective hit to set up and just go nuts vs opposing teams. Like Magearna, it absolutely loves the team ability to remove its checks. More specifically, it enjoys Scizor being able to trap and eliminate Tran and Kommo-o's ability to annihilate T-tar. The moves give Necrozma the best coverage possible and the spread lets it outspeed everything and hit as hard as possible. Alternatively, you can use Calm Mind in the last slot to boost past Unaware users and set up without needing to proc WP. Dragon Pulse is also an option to just completely fuck up Hydreigon

:Cinderace: Zen Headbutt variants can be annoying to deal with, but if Screens are up, it can be used as setup fodder by Magearna and Necrozma. Without Zen, Kommo-o just kills it to death.

:Swampert-Mega: Swampert can chip the team extremely hard, but if Kommo-o is in vs it with screens up, the matchup isn't only doable, but you can win on the spot. Also Magearna can set up on it.

:Zapdos: Offensive Hurricane variants are awful to deal with since they can muscle past Kommo-o and chip the team hard and just be annoying. If it doesn't have Hurricane, Kommo-o sets up on it

Hope y'all enjoy the team! Shoutouts Mamoo for the Necrozma set

Last edited:

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
SMACK DOWN LANDO + SUBSEED SERP BO
:ss/landorus-therian::ss/serperior::ss/scizor-mega::ss/heatran::ss/slowbro::ss/hydreigon:
The team is based on Smack Down Lando, a nice and strong breaker. Sub help against Stall MUs, since it prevent Bleye Mega to wisp you, and groundium help to overwhelm Una clef or most likely Bro.
Serp enjoy the fact that Lando erase stuff like Corv/Zap, so that he can easily use sub/seed to sweep some teams.
Zor also appreciate that, so I've decided to run a Bulky Offensive set. The speed is for Zone, the rest on HP to handle stuff like Lele.
Heatran/Bro/Drei are doing their stuff, giving defensive utility, F-Sight TP for the first, Sr + Bliss trapp for the second, and Defog for the third.

For threatlist, Mmedi + Koko Specs / Shuca give a really bad time to this build. Stuffs like Scarf Zone + Rilla also are hard to deal with. Zard X can be a bit complicated, so you'll need to keep Lando/Bro out of his range. Finally AshGren with Ice Beam is also smth pretty hard to deal, or most likely Prot Gren. The Z Ground with Beam/U-Turb is nasty and can destroy this build, since he basically claim a kill. You'll need to force the Z and waste it, scout the moveset and play very safely.

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Its time to vote for the best super glue in the tier

Team A by NuttyRabbit
:Landorus-Therian::Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: :Magearna: :Necrozma:
:Landorus-Therian: Okay so u may be asking "Hey Nutty, why use Lando-T as a suicide lead when Mew and Drill exist?" and the answer is because Lando exchanges their utility for the ability to just claim at least 1 kill per game (or even if it doesn't chip whatever tanks the Boom into range of everything else). The set is pretty standard for Suicide Lando, although I'l note that u can ABSOLUTELY go Smack Down over SD or even Boom if you just wanna fuck up the ground immunes that think they can come in

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl provides Screens, and I'm going with Screens because I love Screens and this team benefits from it like CRAZY

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: First up for the sweeper is Double Dance Kommo-o, one of my favorite wincons on HO and a mon that can just absolutely FIEND certain matchups (Give this thing a single free turn on Rain and it just fucking WINS). It also helps greatly in the Cinderace, non-Hurricane Zapdos, and Ash Gren MUs

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: Despite how much I love Kommo-o as a wincon, it has its faults, and one of its biggest is the fact that the mere presence of fairies (and Pex) on the opposing team just shuts it down completely, and so I figured that something that could pressure/eliminate those mons would be a great next pick, and I realized pretty quickly that SD Sand Tomb Scizor was that mon. SD Scizor not only sets up on the fairies that give Kommo-o hell, but also lures in Steels like Ferrothorn and Heatran as well as stuff like Pex that would otherwise annoy a large chunk of my team, traps them, and eliminates them. In turn, Kommo-o sets up on the Zapdoses that come in to threaten it. Also as a bonus, it gives me a soft check to Magearna, Kartana, and Mega Lopunny, which would otherwise be a massive pain in the ass.

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: :Magearna: KissPower Magearna is the mother of all MU fishes and lategame wincons, able to steal away games for practically free, and as such it was a natural 5th slot. Magearna absolutely loves the support this team can provide, whether it be Grimmsnarl's screens making it easy to boost up/proc Weakness Policy, Kommo-o and Scizor blowing through Steels, or Scizor being able to trap and eliminate Pex. The spread's standard

:Landorus-Therian: :Grimmsnarl: :Kommo-o: :Scizor-Mega: :Magearna: :Necrozma: The last slot goes to a really unconventional pick, but one I've found to be insanely reliable (Hell, I've used it to get all but one of my suspect reqs). WP Autotomize Necrozma is able to steal games away in a similar fashion to Magearna, only really needing a single stray supereffective hit to set up and just go nuts vs opposing teams. Like Magearna, it absolutely loves the team ability to remove its checks. More specifically, it enjoys Scizor being able to trap and eliminate Tran and Kommo-o's ability to annihilate T-tar. The moves give Necrozma the best coverage possible and the spread lets it outspeed everything and hit as hard as possible. Alternatively, you can use Calm Mind in the last slot to boost past Unaware users and set up without needing to proc WP. Dragon Pulse is also an option to just completely fuck up Hydreigon

Threatlist
:Cinderace: Zen Headbutt variants can be annoying to deal with, but if Screens are up, it can be used as setup fodder by Magearna and Necrozma. Without Zen, Kommo-o just kills it to death.

:Swampert-Mega: Swampert can chip the team extremely hard, but if Kommo-o is in vs it with screens up, the matchup isn't only doable, but you can win on the spot. Also Magearna can set up on it.

:Zapdos: Offensive Hurricane variants are awful to deal with since they can muscle past Kommo-o and chip the team hard and just be annoying. If it doesn't have Hurricane, Kommo-o sets up on it

Team B by Ryuji-Sempai
:landorus-therian::serperior::scizor-mega::heatran::slowbro::hydreigon:
The team is based on Smack Down Lando, a nice and strong breaker. Sub help against Stall MUs, since it prevent Bleye Mega to wisp you, and groundium help to overwhelm Una clef or most likely Bro.
Serp enjoy the fact that Lando erase stuff like Corv/Zap, so that he can easily use sub/seed to sweep some teams.
Zor also appreciate that, so I've decided to run a Bulky Offensive set. The speed is for Zone, the rest on HP to handle stuff like Lele.
Heatran/Bro/Drei are doing their stuff, giving defensive utility, F-Sight TP for the first, Sr + Bliss trapp for the second, and Defog for the third.

For threatlist, Mmedi + Koko Specs / Shuca give a really bad time to this build. Stuffs like Scarf Zone + Rilla also are hard to deal with. Zard X can be a bit complicated, so you'll need to keep Lando/Bro out of his range. Finally AshGren with Ice Beam is also smth pretty hard to deal, or most likely Prot Gren. The Z Ground with Beam/U-Turb is nasty and can destroy this build, since he basically claim a kill. You'll need to force the Z and waste it, scout the moveset and play very safely.

Voting ends on 2/8 ar 11:59 PM GMT

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Congratulations to NuttyRabbit for winning, your team will be added to the archives when sol-
s/o solaros for updating the archives (finally) :blobthumbsup:

Cycle 44: Toxapex
:ss/toxapex:

Oh no the OU stalwart is here. Toxapex has many unique assets about it and all of them working together allows for toxapex to bring a lot for a team. How will you annoy ladder?

Submissions end on the 13th of February at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
SUBROOST KYUREM + KNOCK OFF SPAM PIVOT BALANCE

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Toxapex: :ss/Gliscor: :ss/Zeraora: :ss/Kartana:

So this is a pretty unique team, not only because I originally made it for someone else, but also because this team was also heavily tested, not by me, but rather TheWeirdGastrodon , who also helped quite a bit in regards to refining the team

:Kyurem: :Scizor-Mega: So the original core I was given to build around was SubRoost Kyurem + SD Knock Off Mega Scizor, and it's a really solid core all things considered, what with Scizor not only Knocking Off the Pokemon that not only give Kyurem trouble (such as Ferrothorn and Corviknight), but also luring in the mons it loves to set up on, such as Toxapex and Zapdos). In turn, Kyurem pressures, if not outright demolishes the bulky Flying, Water, and Steel types that love to come in on Scizor. I've elected to go with Metronome over Boots on Kyurem to make it a more potent win condition.

::Kyurem: :Scizor-Mega: :Toxapex: Now, initially, I had Slowbro in this slot since I figured I needed a reliable Ace check/pivot since Scizor wasn't U-turning all over....that was until I came to a realization: not only did I need an Ash Gren check, but also...in a meta infested with HDB, Knock Off Scizor was able to lure many Boots users in, grounded Boots users specifically, and get rid of their item, not only opening them up to Rocks damage, but also another, oft-neglected hazard: Toxic Spikes. As such, Slowbro was quickly scrapped in favor of the one, the only, one of my favorite Pokemon: Toxapex. Toxapex fits naturally into this team as a bulky water, Ash Gren check, soft Ace check, and most importantly, the layer of T-spikes. Now, I say that's the most important role because, with Knock support, suddenly a lot of Pokemon that could normally pivot freely around the team, such as Ace, Bro, and most notably, Blissey, become insanely suspectible to T-spikes after getting Knocked, and thusly, became far more vulnerable to Kyurem (Blissey especially). But even for those Kyurem checks that are immune to T-spikes, such as Magearna, Corviknight, and Ferrothorn, Pex still plays an important role in softening them up for Kyurem, since none of those Pokemon appreciate a burn, even less so burn+ Knock Off (courtesy of Scizor and the rest of the team). The spread is more Spdef to help it take on Ash Gren better

:Kyurem: :Scizor-Mega: :Toxapex: :Gliscor: Now, I quickly realized 3 things after forming the initial core: 1. I really needed a Heatran answer. 2. I needed a way to reliably pivot around, since Scizor was turnless and Pex was my bulky water. And 3. I really needed a more reliable Ace answer. After thinking about it, I quickly settled on Rocks U-turn Gliscor, which did all of those things and well, give me Rocks. The set and spread are pretty standard, and I went this over Lando both because it gave me a good long term Pex answer on top of it all, and because Gliscor had longevity, something that would be useful given the kinds of drawn out games this team encourages.

:Kyurem: :Scizor-Mega: :Toxapex: :Gliscor: :Zeraora: Now, initially I had Ace here as my speed control, but I was quickly convinced by Gastro (AKA L:upla) that, of all things, Knock Off Zeraora would be a far better fit here, and much to my surprise, it was. Zeraora provides this team not only with speed control (one of the fastest in the meta right now), but also a secondary Koko switchin, Zapdos switchin, pivot, and Ash Gren revenge killer. But even better than that, it gives the team a ton of utility. The specific moves chosen may seem a bit odd, but they're quite optimal for what this team wants to accomplish. Toxic is awesome because it not only punishes Zapdos switchins, but also the bulky Grounds that come in for free on Zera, as well as the occasional Grass (and Mega Lati). Knock Off is next and it is what sold me on Zera. The plethora of Pokemon that like pivoting into Zeraora gives it ample oppourtunity to punish hasty switchins and again, make it all the easier for Kyurem or Scizor to clean up in the end. It, like Scizor, also lures in Ferrothorn and punishes it. Plasma Fists is the STAB of choice and Volt Switch lets it pivot around, and thanks to HDB, it gets ample oppourtunity to do this.

:Kyurem: :Scizor-Mega: :Toxapex: :Gliscor: :Zeraora: :Kartana: The final slot of this team is dedicated to a pick I've disparaged in the past in Defog Z-Grass Kartana. Initially the team had a Moltres here but after realizing the team's horrific weakness to Grounds, Lupla suggested using this particular Kartana set, since it beat said Grounds and also gave me a nice defogger (and user of my Z-move). Much to my delight, this really helped to tie the team together. The spread lets it take on +2 Chomp and always OHKO with Z-grass, Leaf Blade is the STAB, Defog is Defog, Synth lets it heal up, and Knock is just awesome, letting it also punish mons like Ferrothorn, Corviknight, etc, that love to come in on it, making them more suspectible to Kyurem and Pex.

:Scizor-Mega: SD Sand Tomb Scizor murks this team. Thankfully it's an unset

:Cinderace: Bulky Up Ace also murks this team though the combo of Zeraora, Pex, and Gliscor should be able to handle it

:Greninja-Ash: Dark Pulse flinches are bad. Outside of that, Pex and Zera take care of it

:Medicham-Mega: You better hope you can revenge kill this

Shoutouts to the Natdex discord as always for helpful advice and feedback and special shoutouts to TheWeirdGastrodon for not only giving me super helpful feedback, but extensively testing the team and even taking it to high ladder.

As always, thank you all for reading!

Solaros & Lunaris

BUILDING COMP IS BACK BITCHES!

Cycle 45: Hydreigon
:ss/hydreigon:

After being under enormous pressure in the wake of Blissey, Hydreigon has returned to a solid niche as a powerful balance breaker with its Nasty Plot Z sets. It’s defensive utility hasn’t been missed either, as Heatran and Ash-Greninja are still very prominent. How will you hail to this hydra?

Edit: I should note that you don’t have to account for Cinderace this round, as the suspect results may come in before we start voting. Any of you who have already submitted with Cinderace in mind can update your teams to reflect this.

Submissions end on 3/21 at 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
DARKINIUM Z HYDREIGON + SD MEGA SCIZOR BO

:ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Gliscor: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Clefable:
Click on the team for the paste

I'm glad to see the comp return at last, and what better way to celebrate its return than with the most "me" team possible?

:Hydreigon: :Slowking: So I ran through a few ideas trying to build around Hydra, from Hydra+ Mega Lop to even Hydra+ Specs Tran, but none of them seemed to gel into something coherent. That is when TheWeirdGastrodon suggested the core of Z-Hydra + Slowking to me, and I found myself quite liking the core both on paper and in practice. Slowking's ability to not only pivot into Hydreigon but also soak up hits from the Magearna, Clefable, and Tapu Leles that are inclined to come in on Hydra and threaten it out makes it an excellent partner for the dark Dragon. The selected spread helps it take 2 Mega Lopunny Frustrations from full and pivot around it.

Z-Dark Hydra is the set I've chosen because it's an absolute nuke (fun fact, +2 Eclipse can OHKO over Hydras), especially with a Modest nature. The spread maximizes its power while giving it enough bulk to soft check Ash Gren and Heatran

:Hydreigon: :Slowking: :Scizor-Mega: At this point I realized that I really, really needed a check to not only the plethora of offensive grasses in the tier, but a backup check to Lopunny and a way to check Latis (and Kyurem), and frankly, no other mon fits that bill better than Mega Scizor. Mega Scizor not only does all of the above, but also pivots around with U-turn, uses its ability to break Fairies to help Hydra clean up, and can even act as a wincon in its own right. It also loves both Future Sight support from King and Hydra's ability to pivot into and blow past the stuff that usually beats it, like Pex, Zapdos, Moltres, and Heatran.

:Hydreigon: :Slowking: :Scizor-Mega: :Gliscor: Gliscor is the team's defogger, and serves as a great backup check to Heatran as well as a solid counter to stuff like Koko and Zeraora. In addition, thanks to Taunt, it can shut down Ferrothorn which is otherwise a gigantic pain in the ass for this team to deal with. Set and spread are pretty standard

:Hydreigon: :Slowking: :Scizor-Mega: :Gliscor: :Weavile: I switched around the mon for this slot a lot before eventually settling on Weavile, since it gives the team speed control and an offensive answer to Dragons and Grounds. It also loves the pivoting that Scizor and Slowking provide and is great at chipping things into range of Zor and Hydra. Dangerous, dangerous mon

:Hydreigon: :Slowking: :Scizor-Mega: :Gliscor: :Weavile: :Clefable: The team's final mon is Clefable, which not only provides Rocks, but a secondary Gren answer, secondary Kyurem answer, and secondary Ground answer. I've chosen to go Spdef specifically to better deal with Kyurem and Gren, and T-wave is my free move of choice because it gives secondary speed control and para is just really, really abusable rn.

:Swampert-Mega: This thing is a bitch to pivot around and can be problematic if Slowking gets low. Kill it before it kills you

:Tapu Fini: This thing is really annoying to pivot around, especially if it's Madness Fini. It can't handle the entire team at once, but it can wear it down quite well.

:Medicham-Mega: Pray to god Clef or King can take a hit. That is all

:Charizard-Mega-Y: If Slowking dies, click X.

As always, shoutouts to the Natdex cord and especially TheWeirdGastrodon for helping me build and test (and preventing an evil team from seeing the light of day)

Thank you all for reading!

Padstar34

formerly FlygonNo.1
is a Tiering Contributor
Specs Hydreigon + Doom Desire Jirachi Bulky Offence

:sm/hydreigon::sm/jirachi::sm/lopunny-mega::sm/zapdos::sm/gliscor::sm/greninja-ash:

:hydreigon: Started with this, wanted to go somewhere different than Z-move (although i do feel it has gotten better than it was before). Standard Dual STAB, fire blast too. Focus Blast was primarily for hitting Heatran (albeit less reliably than Earth Power) whilst also being able to do a solid 40-48% to Blissey. Earth Power and Uturn are also an option.

:jirachi: Main Star of the team along with Hydreigon, wanted to use these 2 in conjugation. Honestly just ripped this set from Pannuracotta (ty xoxo). Was thinking of a CM set with psyshock to beat out KissPower Mage, but was honsetly a much inferior set.

:lopunny-mega: Mostly added bc Specs Hydrei + Jirachi have an awful MU vs Offence, MLop helped with this issue. Additionally, Doom Desire was helpful in preventing Clef from being a switchin as well as defensive Lando T.

:zapdos: Originally had Corv, but i swapped it for Zapdos after i realised i got fucked over by bulky waters and Corv itself, and I needed a fogger too. Standard defog set, all standard.

:gliscor: Added because I wanted an electric immunity AND a fighting resist AND a stealth rocker. Debated putting Toxic over Uturn for better MLatias and MChomp MUs, which can be hard to play around often.

:greninja-ash: Rly like Ash Gren rn, Doom Desire also works pretty well is it lets it freely click hydro pump without being worried about Rillaboom/Serperior and Tapu Fini. Along with Hydreigon they work pretty well in breaking down each others checks.

:magearna: KissPower Mage can be threatening, Gliscor + Agren can usually handle it, however.

:latias-mega: Can be annoying when it gets a calm mind off.

:tapu-koko: Can be a bit of an annoyance - Jirachi is usually a reliable scout.

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Darkinium Hydreigon Grass Spam

:ss/hydreigon: :ss/mawile-mega: :ss/kartana: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/heatran: :ss/toxapex:

So basically, grasspam has been struggling recently in nd with new threats like ace, moltres, corv and kyurem, and old threats in heatran, and zapdos, hydreigon gives you an amazing heatran, moltres and zapdos switch in, fearing only the stray toxic from either 3. This lets you offensively pressure them for your grasspam core to clean later on. Lastly, helmet on pex can be swapped out for shedshell to help you with tran better.

hope yall like the team ❤

I built this (probably bad) team around Np Hydra + Mega Maw. This is because Mega Mawile and Hydra have great offensive synergy. Hydra checks Heatran and kills Ferrothorn and other steels while with +2 Z Dark for Mega Mawile to clean up later or the other way around. Chansey/Blissey is also something that gets weakened or killed by Mawile so Hydra can kill stuff. Corviknight and Toxapex are here for Defog and a defensive core. Landorus is a volt blocker and fast mon and Heatran is here for a better matchup against things like Tapu Lele, Magearna, Clefable, Aegislash, and Mega Latias. Heatran's EV's are to outspeed normal SpDef Heatran, Live a +2 Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile after SR, live an Earth Power from offensive Heatran, and a Focus Blast from Choice Specs Tapu Lele. I'm not sure if it's really the best set for Heatran but I'm just gonna put it here anyway

:pelipper::manaphy::swampert-mega: Rain might be a big threat to this. Or maybe I'm just being super paranoid like I always am. Hydra + Scarf Lando + priority Sucker Punch may be able to do something before Mega Swampert and Manaphy pound this into watery dust.
:kyurem: No counters. Be a god at predictions and/or keep Corviknight healthy and get Hydra in safely or get destroyed.
:heatran: Dead Hydra = screwed against Heatran.
:tapu-fini: The team is dead against CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)