• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tf

Natdex Unplayer
team I built in 2 seconds

the team is on the sprites

So the core was mmaw+gren, and I think spikes are really important for mmaw, so I decided to run the z water on gren, to stack the spikes easier. Z Water and not Dark to bait Heatran, to allow mmaw to pressure easier. Slowking is here as a MLop and Heatran check and can future sight to help gren to pressure things like pex. Lando is my electric immunity, and uturns to have the momentum during the game. I run koff to help bulu against zapdos. The team was 6-0ed by Ashgren, so i added scarfed bulu. Finally, zapdos is a rilla and kart check, and has volt-switch
s/o NOwOno for the slowkings spread
thanks for reading

Last edited:
CLASSIC GRENMAWCHOMP BO

:sm/greninja-ash: :sm/mawile-mega: :sm/garchomp: :ss/corviknight: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/clefable:

Pretty standard team, but hey if it works it works ig

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp:

So for this week's teambuilding competition, I figured I'd go with the old reliable MawGren + Chomp core since it's super reliable when it comes to overwhelming and breaking each other's checks and counters while having the ability to matchup well against offensive and defensive teams alike. This core is particularly effective due to all three members being strong offensive powerhouses in their own right as well as the fact that the hazard-stacking core of GrenChomp is effective at keeping hazards up against the tier's defoggers.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight:

I then preceded to work on the team's defensive core by first adding the tier's best defogger in Corviknight. Corviknight also helps provide U-turn support to bring in my wallbreakers, a well-needed ground immunity, and a check to dangerous threats such as Rillaboom, Kyurem, and Tapu Lele.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight: :amoonguss:

Next I added Clear Smog Amoonguss, which is lowkey one of my favorite mons atm. Moong checks a crapton on threats for this team as well, most notably Tapu Koko, Zeraora, CM Clef and Fini, opposing Ash Greninja, Serperior, etc. Spore is mandatory on Amoonguss but amazing for this team as putting both offensive and defensive threats to sleep allows for my offensive core to have more switchin and wall-breaking opportunities to overwhelm the opposition.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight: :amoonguss: :clefable:

Last, but certainly not least I decided on rounding the team off with Calm Mind Clefable for a few reasons. First off, it provides the team with a secondary check to Mega Lopunny (as Corviknight will likely be taking on a lot of other mons and therefore not in pristine condition to take Lop on), as well as a Mega Medicham switchin, and Dark-resist for Amoonguss to help handle Ash Greninja. It also provides a status absorber thanks to
Magic Guard, a secondary and more sturdy stall + balance breaker alongside Mawile, and a secondary wincon alongside Ash-Gren (or tertiary if you consider MMaw's ridiculously strong +2 Sucker Punches a win condition). It also just meshes really well with the team as it appreciates the likes of hazardstack, as well as its checks like Heatran, opposing Amoonguss, Gastrodon, etc. being worn down and outright removed for it to potentially setup and sweep.

Overall basic team but it puts in work and does alright. There are definitely some threats like Volcarona that can sweep this, though playing smart and carefully will usually let you overcome these weaknesses.​

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by NuttyRabbit
THE STRONGEST BULKY OFFENSE OF ALL TIME FEAT. MAWGREN AND SD SKYSTRIKE LANDO

:ss/Mawile-Mega: :ss/Greninja-Ash: :ss/Gastrodon: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Landorus-Therian:
Click on the team above for the paste

This team is so fucking good it hasn't lost a single game yet

:Mawile-Mega: :Greninja-Ash: This the core for the week and it's just here to break shit on both sides. Ain't nothing out there that can handle both of these at the same time outside of some wack-ass Mega Venu fat but even that loses long term. Set and spreads standard

:Gastrodon: Gastrodon is so GOATED bro this shit checks everything: CM Fini, Gren, Volc, Tran, Magnezone Zapdos, Manaphy (without E-ball) all of them just fall in this thing's face. The spread maximizes special bulk while the set's pretty standard just with Clear Smog> EQ or EP to blank out CM Fini, Volc, and Manaphy because fuck losing to those

:Kommo-o: Kommo-o also GOAT shit I use this on all my teams, this shit is another Gren check, better Tran check, Zard check, another Volc check, rocker, Draco-less Hydra check and even Serp check this shit got so much utility. Set and spread standard just with Rock Slide last for Zards and Volc.

:Corviknight: Corv is another GOAT mon best defogger in the tier checking all the Psychics and Dragons and Grasses and shit this just sits there, Defogs, throws out BBs and pivots around into the breakers.

:Landorus-Therian: Last mon is another GOAT in SD Fly-Z Lando. Using this shit cos I didn't have a Z mon and I wanted another breaker, and this mon one of the best at doing it, being able to break the like 1 or 2 Grasses that stop Mawgren while also providing more pivoting with U-turn, a soft Lop check, another Volt immune and another Ground immune this shit puts in the business

:Medicham-Mega: This is like the only relevant mon that can really win vs this team since the checks are just Corv and Lando but honestly u can pivot around and force it into range of everything so w/e. Lop is kinda the same deal but u can't revenge it w/ Gren. Tho u can just handle that shit w/ Corv and Kommo-o

:Buzzwole: This the only real big threat to the team since CC/Ice Punch just kinda fucks up everything and Bulk Up is scary as shit. But between Gren, Maw, and Lando u can handle this

Like I said, this team is fire as shit and I ain't lost with it yet. Shoutouts to SamSandMan for helping me test and the Natdex cord for being fire as always.

As a gift I gotta couple replays of this shit in action.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1371328359-o8mx5qny6li8i3jlspgfn7zub9w7m5cpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1370798057-dzdzn315kpoi69higfotyqf03c3movopw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1370810889-vgq5vtijd3uojjgcxxask5fhtx85jilpw

With that being said thanks to y'all for reading!

Rank Mega Camel

EDIT: This team finally lost :psycry:. But I more than made up for it with this game, which demonstrates how it can navigate seemingly obnoxious matchups in Mega Lopunny and oddly enough Celesteela

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1372557493
Team B by adsam
OTR STAKATAKA + MAW GREN

:ss/stakataka: :ss/mawile-mega: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini:

When I saw the theme was MawGren, I immediately thought of this sm team (smog formatting is being a pain so had to link it separately https://pokepast.es/027a8787453abca1) I made with OTR Magearna and loved using, so i decided that I was going to build some flames, and that flames would be OTR + MawGrenl Whilst browsing through my options, non really stood out to me, and nothing really felt like it could work, and then I realised, “ay, staka can snowball too” and did some calcs. HOLY fuck this thing is monstrous, shits doing 60 to Drill with a resisted move, and pretty much claims kills vs the standard HO’s nowadays, mainly those lacking Bulletproof Kommo O, as its one of the few mons that can swap into it reliably, and thats why I chose The Tower. I then decided to make Mawile 4A Triple Punch + PR due to it synergising amazingly with staka, as it lures Tran, Pex, Corv, Skarm and SupDef Lando too, limiting the amount of mons able to swap into Staka, allowing it to snowball much faster. AshGren is standard, ntn much to say. I then added SupDef Lando T and Tapu Fini as the start of my defensive core, providing the team with rocks and fog, with HP ice lando to weaken opposing MegaChomp and Chomp in general, and Fini providing misty terrrain supports both maw and staka break and clean without fearing status. Rotom H was the final option i decided after some time, as i needed a good check to Volc, Kyurem, and Koko, and a secondary Grass resist as Lando generally could get overwhelmed, so I settled on Heattom. Pretty clean pivot, spreads Tox and can bring in Maw/Staka/Gren as needed, and checks IPunch MMaw as Lando struggles with that.

Team has major manaphy issues tho, so you’ll need to play around that like a champ.
Team C by tf
team I built in 2 seconds

the team is on the sprites

So the core was mmaw+gren, and I think spikes are really important for mmaw, so I decided to run the z water on gren, to stack the spikes easier. Z Water and not Dark to bait Heatran, to allow mmaw to pressure easier. Slowking is here as a MLop and Heatran check and can future sight to help gren to pressure things like pex. Lando is my electric immunity, and uturns to have the momentum during the game. I run koff to help bulu against zapdos. The team was 6-0ed by Ashgren, so i added scarfed bulu. Finally, zapdos is a rilla and kart check, and has volt-switch
s/o NOwOno for the slowkings spread
thanks for reading
Team D by KirbCena
CLASSIC GRENMAWCHOMP BO

:sm/greninja-ash: :sm/mawile-mega: :sm/garchomp: :ss/corviknight: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/clefable:

Pretty standard team, but hey if it works it works ig

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp:

So for this week's teambuilding competition, I figured I'd go with the old reliable MawGren + Chomp core since it's super reliable when it comes to overwhelming and breaking each other's checks and counters while having the ability to matchup well against offensive and defensive teams alike. This core is particularly effective due to all three members being strong offensive powerhouses in their own right as well as the fact that the hazard-stacking core of GrenChomp is effective at keeping hazards up against the tier's defoggers.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight:

I then preceded to work on the team's defensive core by first adding the tier's best defogger in Corviknight. Corviknight also helps provide U-turn support to bring in my wallbreakers, a well-needed ground immunity, and a check to dangerous threats such as Rillaboom, Kyurem, and Tapu Lele.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight: :amoonguss:

Next I added Clear Smog Amoonguss, which is lowkey one of my favorite mons atm. Moong checks a crapton on threats for this team as well, most notably Tapu Koko, Zeraora, CM Clef and Fini, opposing Ash Greninja, Serperior, etc. Spore is mandatory on Amoonguss but amazing for this team as putting both offensive and defensive threats to sleep allows for my offensive core to have more switchin and wall-breaking opportunities to overwhelm the opposition.

:greninja-ash: :mawile-mega: :garchomp: :corviknight: :amoonguss: :clefable:

Last, but certainly not least I decided on rounding the team off with Calm Mind Clefable for a few reasons. First off, it provides the team with a secondary check to Mega Lopunny (as Corviknight will likely be taking on a lot of other mons and therefore not in pristine condition to take Lop on), as well as a Mega Medicham switchin, and Dark-resist for Amoonguss to help handle Ash Greninja. It also provides a status absorber thanks to
Magic Guard, a secondary and more sturdy stall + balance breaker alongside Mawile, and a secondary wincon alongside Ash-Gren (or tertiary if you consider MMaw's ridiculously strong +2 Sucker Punches a win condition). It also just meshes really well with the team as it appreciates the likes of hazardstack, as well as its checks like Heatran, opposing Amoonguss, Gastrodon, etc. being worn down and outright removed for it to potentially setup and sweep.

Overall basic team but it puts in work and does alright. There are definitely some threats like Volcarona that can sweep this, though playing smart and carefully will usually let you overcome these weaknesses.​
Voting will end on 5/12 at 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RISING VOLTAGE ZONE

:ss/magnezone: :ss/tapu-koko: :ss/latios-mega: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/corviknight: :ss/garchomp:

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone:
The team was initially built around the Electric Spam core of Shuca Tapu Koko + Rising Voltage Specs Magnezone, with Shuca Koko luring in grounds and KOing them, opening up teams for Zone to click Rising Voltage and break.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega:
Mega Latios was then added to further break teams down and pressure bulky grasses for which the core struggles with, and appreciates Pokemon such as Blissey being weakened or killed by Zone.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega: + :tangrowth: + :corviknight:
TangCorv was then added as the main defensive core, checking threats such as RillaZone, Ash Greninja, Kyurem, Tapu Lele and Garchomp.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega: + :tangrowth: + :corviknight: + :garchomp:
Dragonium Z Garchomp was added as a last to round up the team, as it provided Stealth Rocks, a secondary Heatran check, an Electric immune, and capitalised extremely of off Magnezone trapping Corv and Skarm for it. It also lures grasses such as Tangrowth which can threaten the core.
s/o sol for building this w me <3​

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATION: A BALLOON XURKITREE + DEFENSIVE Z-FLY LANDO BO

:ss/Xurkitree: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Slowking-Galar: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Greninja-Ash:
Click on the team for the paste

You know, building for this week was kinda tough since I'd already built with all the viable Electrics before, so I decided to do something...different

:Xurkitree: I was actually stuck on what Electric to use for a bit since none of them were vibing with me when someone in the Cord posted a Balloon Xurkitree set that I just kinda vibed with so here we are. Balloon Xurk is a really fun midground vs stuff like Scarf Lando and Gliscor, making them wary of clicking EQ and generally forcing them to resort to stuff like U-turn/Edge/Facade/etc, giving you a free chance to set up a Tail Glow. Where the real fun comes in however is Magnet Rise, since with Magnet Rise u can basically get a second balloon and use the aforementioned mons or even stuff like Z-less Chomp as (somewhat) setup fodder. In terms of moves, T-bolt and HP Ice are the moves of choice, giving you really nice neutral coverage vs just about everything and hitting stupid hard at +3 and with a Modest nature. Modest is chosen to maximize that sick power outfit.

:Landorus-Therian: Defensive Fly-Z Lando fulfills a very specific, but important niche on the team, not only giving Rocks, an Electric/Ground immune, a midground vs physical attackers, etc, but also a way to effectively lure in and eliminate the bulky Grasses that give Xurk a hard time. To that effect, this spread, given generously to me by someone on the Cord who I will not name, has enough attack to OHKO Tang from full, enough speed to outspeed defensive Tran, and the rest dumped into bulk.

:Tapu Fini: From here on out it's simple shit, with Fini giving the team Defog and a general Dragon/Fighting/Ash Gren/Heatran check. Fini's so fucking good guys

:Slowking-Galar: Glowking's here to not only check Clef/Koko, but also just blanket check special attackers, pressure the likes of Ferrothorn and Pex even harder, and fire off nuclear Future Sights that make breaking that much easier

:Scizor-Mega: Scizor provides a solid Kart/Lop/Kyurem/Clef check wilst also giving momentum with U-turn and acting as an excellent lategame wincon once Xurk/Glowking blows through all of its checks

:Greninja-Ash: Ash Gren rounds out the team with solid speed control, acting as not only a strong Water wallbreaker to beat shit like Glisc harder, but also as a tertiary wincon since Glowking and Xurk can blow through all its checks and the three of them pressure the utter shit out of bulky Grasses

:Serperior: This thing is kinda AIDs since it can in theory hax past Glowking but honestly between GLowking, Gren, Scizor, and Lando u should be fine vs this

:Manaphy: If this is 3a with Energy Ball and max speed, it just kinda wins, or at the very least forces a major slugfest with Fini and Gren. Anything else can generally be dealt with via Gren/Glowking/Fini

:Medicham-Mega: Lowkey kinda scary since with right prediction it can be a major threat but Lando/Fini/even Glowking can kinda midground vs it pretty well and it just takes a ton of chip

Bit of a weird team this week but it's pretty fun.

Shoutouts the Natdex Discord for helping me build/giving me feedback/all that good shit, thanks y'all for reading, and have a great weekend!

Rank Mega Camel

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by adsam
RISING VOLTAGE ZONE

:ss/magnezone: :ss/tapu-koko: :ss/latios-mega: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/corviknight: :ss/garchomp:

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone:
The team was initially built around the Electric Spam core of Shuca Tapu Koko + Rising Voltage Specs Magnezone, with Shuca Koko luring in grounds and KOing them, opening up teams for Zone to click Rising Voltage and break.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega:
Mega Latios was then added to further break teams down and pressure bulky grasses for which the core struggles with, and appreciates Pokemon such as Blissey being weakened or killed by Zone.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega: + :tangrowth: + :corviknight:
TangCorv was then added as the main defensive core, checking threats such as RillaZone, Ash Greninja, Kyurem, Tapu Lele and Garchomp.

:tapu-koko: + :magnezone: + :latios-mega: + :tangrowth: + :corviknight: + :garchomp:
Dragonium Z Garchomp was added as a last to round up the team, as it provided Stealth Rocks, a secondary Heatran check, an Electric immune, and capitalised extremely of off Magnezone trapping Corv and Skarm for it. It also lures grasses such as Tangrowth which can threaten the core.
s/o sol for building this w me <3​
Team B by NuttyRabbit
ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATION: A BALLOON XURKITREE + DEFENSIVE Z-FLY LANDO BO

:ss/Xurkitree: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Slowking-Galar: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Greninja-Ash:
Click on the team for the paste

You know, building for this week was kinda tough since I'd already built with all the viable Electrics before, so I decided to do something...different

:Xurkitree: I was actually stuck on what Electric to use for a bit since none of them were vibing with me when someone in the Cord posted a Balloon Xurkitree set that I just kinda vibed with so here we are. Balloon Xurk is a really fun midground vs stuff like Scarf Lando and Gliscor, making them wary of clicking EQ and generally forcing them to resort to stuff like U-turn/Edge/Facade/etc, giving you a free chance to set up a Tail Glow. Where the real fun comes in however is Magnet Rise, since with Magnet Rise u can basically get a second balloon and use the aforementioned mons or even stuff like Z-less Chomp as (somewhat) setup fodder. In terms of moves, T-bolt and HP Ice are the moves of choice, giving you really nice neutral coverage vs just about everything and hitting stupid hard at +3 and with a Modest nature. Modest is chosen to maximize that sick power outfit.

:Landorus-Therian: Defensive Fly-Z Lando fulfills a very specific, but important niche on the team, not only giving Rocks, an Electric/Ground immune, a midground vs physical attackers, etc, but also a way to effectively lure in and eliminate the bulky Grasses that give Xurk a hard time. To that effect, this spread, given generously to me by someone on the Cord who I will not name, has enough attack to OHKO Tang from full, enough speed to outspeed defensive Tran, and the rest dumped into bulk.

:Tapu Fini: From here on out it's simple shit, with Fini giving the team Defog and a general Dragon/Fighting/Ash Gren/Heatran check. Fini's so fucking good guys

:Slowking-Galar: Glowking's here to not only check Clef/Koko, but also just blanket check special attackers, pressure the likes of Ferrothorn and Pex even harder, and fire off nuclear Future Sights that make breaking that much easier

:Scizor-Mega: Scizor provides a solid Kart/Lop/Kyurem/Clef check wilst also giving momentum with U-turn and acting as an excellent lategame wincon once Xurk/Glowking blows through all of its checks

:Greninja-Ash: Ash Gren rounds out the team with solid speed control, acting as not only a strong Water wallbreaker to beat shit like Glisc harder, but also as a tertiary wincon since Glowking and Xurk can blow through all its checks and the three of them pressure the utter shit out of bulky Grasses

:Serperior: This thing is kinda AIDs since it can in theory hax past Glowking but honestly between GLowking, Gren, Scizor, and Lando u should be fine vs this

:Manaphy: If this is 3a with Energy Ball and max speed, it just kinda wins, or at the very least forces a major slugfest with Fini and Gren. Anything else can generally be dealt with via Gren/Glowking/Fini

:Medicham-Mega: Lowkey kinda scary since with right prediction it can be a major threat but Lando/Fini/even Glowking can kinda midground vs it pretty well and it just takes a ton of chip

Bit of a weird team this week but it's pretty fun.

Shoutouts the Natdex Discord for helping me build/giving me feedback/all that good shit, thanks y'all for reading, and have a great weekend!

Rank Mega Camel
Voting will be over by 7/19 at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
SD AEGISLASH + SD BULU FAT BALANCE

:ss/Aegislash: :ss/Tapu Bulu: :ss/Gastrodon: :ss/Skarmory: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Latias-Mega:

Building Aegislash was such a pain in the ass and I never want to do it again. This took me 2-3 hours and I'm never getting those back

:Aegislash: SD Aegislash is the only good Aegislash set anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. Set's from the compendium

:Tapu Bulu: Bulu's here to soft check Mega Chomp and counter/set up on shit like Ash Gren, Chomp, and Gliscor. It also gives Aegi terrain to both heal and set up vs weak Grounds and shit while also benefitting from its ability to break fat Grasses and Psychics and just the kinda stuff that beats this set anyways. The spread is taken from adsam letting it survive +2 M-Chomp Fire Fang while having enough bulk to beat Ash Gren and enough speed to tie Skarm and beat Mawile

:Gastrodon: Gastrodon's here to counter Volc/CM Fini/Koko/Zone/Zapdos, check Gren/Tran/CM Clef and just be an annoying Spdef tank. Spread's basic stuff. EP>Scald to nail Tran better without getting nerfed by terrain and/or burns.

:Skarmory: Originally this was Corv but I really wanted something that could deal with Lop/Kart/Weavile better longterm while still Defogging and well, this was the best option I had. Defog>Spikes is obvious, spread maximizes physical bulk while letting it creep Mawile though u can go Naskarm to get the jump on Zone or go Shed Shell>Helmet to do that without changing the spread. Helmet is preferred to accumulate chip and because the team really has few ways of actually securing any sort of progress.

:Clefable: Originally this was Tran but I needed something for Kyurem so here we are. Spdef Rocks Clef gives us Rocks while giving another Ash Gren check, a hard Kyurem check (even to Specs with Terrain which is nice), and a cleric, which is great because the team is very status weak, especially the two sweepers. Also can emergency check Lopunnies and shit.

:Latias-Mega: I bounced back and forth on this for a while and while the original "final" draft had Moltres since it gave u a (less) Pursuit-weak Zard answer, I ultimately decided to go with Mega Latias since it still gave the team a Zard answer, it gives the team a Kart answer that can outspeed SD sets, it can give a soft Lop check, and a way to deal with Pex. Set and spread are standard stuff.

The team is ultra passive in general relying on the bulky setup sweepers and chipping stuff with Helmet+ Toxic to win. If u wanna be defensively secure to the max, u can go Molt>Latias but u get super passive

:Manaphy: Probably the biggest threat to the team. IF it's Energy Ball/Ice Beam click X u can't win. Other sets can be beaten though, especially Energy Ball-less

:Toxapex: This thing can annoy the shit out of u if it burns Aegi and Bulu., and Toxic Pex in general is probably the second biggest threat since it can be awful to deal with. However between Bulu/Aegi/Latias u should be able to beat it. Toxic-less Pex never beats you

:Weavile: Weavile is fucking obnoxious to deal with. Skarm can generally deal with it but if that goes down ur relying on midgrounds between Knock and Icicle Crash/Axel and the Ice STAB is far more free. Honestly if u wanna have a better MU vs this, go Moltres, especially if it's Axel since u can burn fish.

This was fucking torture to build but I'm glad it's done.

Shoutouts to everyone in the Natdex cord especially Aurodian, Two, and Victini4ssbu (I think) for being so patient with me all the way through and giving me feedback when needed.

Thank you all for reading!

Rank Camel

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
HYDREI LO + SD GROUNDIUM LANDO CLEANER
:ss/lopunny-mega::ss/hydreigon::ss/ferrothorn::ss/rotom-wash::ss/landorus-therian::ss/clefable:

:lopunny-mega: + :hydreigon: : p standart here, Hydrei LO cuz it doesnt need NP to start blowing things up, and also cuz I wanted a hydrei capable of breaking without the Z move support.

:ferrothorn: + :rotom-wash: : I slapped those two in order to patching up the weaknesses of my offensive core. Also p standart, Iron Head is a good midground between PWhip for Fini and also Bpress for Rem, and toxic on tom is for Rona

:landorus-therian: : I needed smth to break corv, a grounded imu to have a better specs koko mu and also a way to deal with Blaziken, so here he is. The speed is for outspeeding Jolly Pert, and the HP is for handle 4 water shuriken at full.

:clefable: then i was looking at smth that could improve my chomp/rem/kommo-o MU, akd who's better than clef for that. At first, he didnt have Hwish, but I finally pick that slot with the RP lando.

threatlist :
:charizard-mega-y: : quite tough to handle if it's a focus blast variant. Scorching sand are easier to handle, so you'll need to keep Hydrei full and setup rocks.

:kartana: : also a tough threat, even if it's locked you can outplay it. if it's Z you need to force him to waste it by sacking smth and rk with lop.

:rillaboom: : Rilla is quite good against that build, he only need to hit a superpower on ferro to start being out of control. But you can outplay it with clef/ferro.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
POWERUP PUNCH LOP + BREAKNECK BLITZ HYDREIGON SCREENS

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Lopunny-Mega: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Volcarona:

This core is impossible to build around because Hydreigon is a terrible mon so fuck it, have some heat Screens

:Excadrill: Drill's here to set Rocks, Spin, and do all the shit suicide Drill is supposed to do.

:Grimmsnarl: Grimm's here for Screens and to give the team an actual Lop and Gren MU

:Lopunny-Mega: Mega Lopunny is the mega of choice here for obvious reasons and I've gone with Power Up Punch since its its best set up move and because +1 Frustrations and CCs hurt like a motherfucker. Axel is last for Grounds but u can go Iron Tail for Clef, Taunt for Pex, or even Healing Wish for support

:Hydreigon: Hydreigon is here because it has to be. It checks Tran and Gren (though pretty poorly I might add) and is here to click NP and break. I've gone with Normalium Hyper Beam because it hits all its checks without having to rely on prediction like Ground-Z

:Garchomp: SD Garchomp is here to have a Ground and a way to more reliably break past fat shit. It's basically just a reg Chomp version of the Mega CHomp set complete with LO to boost power to comparable levels. Jolly is the nature for speed but tbh if u go Adamant u fuck up Stall big time

:Volcarona: Volcarona rounds out the team giving it a Grass answer and a potent special sweeper. Set's standard shit except for Giga last which is here for FIni and Gastro

:Swampert-Mega: Rain probably 6-0s lmao, as does Sun

I fucking hated building this core so much but this team's kinda hot. Shoutouts to the real ones from the Powered Up Like Victini for being the actual cool people in this community and thank y'all for reading!

Rank Mega Camel

Solaros & Lunaris

Voting time!

Team A by Ryuji-Sempai
HYDREI LO + SD GROUNDIUM LANDO CLEANER
:ss/lopunny-mega::ss/hydreigon::ss/ferrothorn::ss/rotom-wash::ss/landorus-therian::ss/clefable:

:lopunny-mega: + :hydreigon: : p standart here, Hydrei LO cuz it doesnt need NP to start blowing things up, and also cuz I wanted a hydrei capable of breaking without the Z move support.

:ferrothorn: + :rotom-wash: : I slapped those two in order to patching up the weaknesses of my offensive core. Also p standart, Iron Head is a good midground between PWhip for Fini and also Bpress for Rem, and toxic on tom is for Rona

:landorus-therian: : I needed smth to break corv, a grounded imu to have a better specs koko mu and also a way to deal with Blaziken, so here he is. The speed is for outspeeding Jolly Pert, and the HP is for handle 4 water shuriken at full.

:clefable: then i was looking at smth that could improve my chomp/rem/kommo-o MU, akd who's better than clef for that. At first, he didnt have Hwish, but I finally pick that slot with the RP lando.

threatlist :
:charizard-mega-y: : quite tough to handle if it's a focus blast variant. Scorching sand are easier to handle, so you'll need to keep Hydrei full and setup rocks.

:kartana: : also a tough threat, even if it's locked you can outplay it. if it's Z you need to force him to waste it by sacking smth and rk with lop.

:rillaboom: : Rilla is quite good against that build, he only need to hit a superpower on ferro to start being out of control. But you can outplay it with clef/ferro.
Team B by NuttyRabbit
POWERUP PUNCH LOP + BREAKNECK BLITZ HYDREIGON SCREENS

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Lopunny-Mega: :ss/Hydreigon: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Volcarona:

This core is impossible to build around because Hydreigon is a terrible mon so fuck it, have some heat Screens

:Excadrill: Drill's here to set Rocks, Spin, and do all the shit suicide Drill is supposed to do.

:Grimmsnarl: Grimm's here for Screens and to give the team an actual Lop and Gren MU

:Lopunny-Mega: Mega Lopunny is the mega of choice here for obvious reasons and I've gone with Power Up Punch since its its best set up move and because +1 Frustrations and CCs hurt like a motherfucker. Axel is last for Grounds but u can go Iron Tail for Clef, Taunt for Pex, or even Healing Wish for support

:Hydreigon: Hydreigon is here because it has to be. It checks Tran and Gren (though pretty poorly I might add) and is here to click NP and break. I've gone with Normalium Hyper Beam because it hits all its checks without having to rely on prediction like Ground-Z

:Garchomp: SD Garchomp is here to have a Ground and a way to more reliably break past fat shit. It's basically just a reg Chomp version of the Mega CHomp set complete with LO to boost power to comparable levels. Jolly is the nature for speed but tbh if u go Adamant u fuck up Stall big time

:Volcarona: Volcarona rounds out the team giving it a Grass answer and a potent special sweeper. Set's standard shit except for Giga last which is here for FIni and Gastro

:Swampert-Mega: Rain probably 6-0s lmao, as does Sun

I fucking hated building this core so much but this team's kinda hot. Shoutouts to the real ones from the Powered Up Like Victini for being the actual cool people in this community and thank y'all for reading!

Rank Mega Camel
Voting will end on 8/2 at 11:59 PM GMT

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/Slowking-galar::ss/Landorus-Therian::ss/Kartana::ss/Corviknight::ss/Tapu Fini:

paste: https://pokepast.es/abfd63a931bfc268

:ss/Urshifu-rapid-strike: + :ss/slowking galar: I wanted to start out with these two mons as a core. Urshifu with future sight up is extremely powerful, shredding through nearly, if not all, of its checks and counters. While urshifu provides my offense, gking is a nice check for hard hitting sp atk mons like kyurem, m diancie, and the tapus.

:ss/Kartana: I added kartana because I felt like I needed sheer power and just an overall breaker. Kartana fit here and also puts pressure on mons like pex and fini, which check urshifu without future sight up.

:ss/corviknight: Corviknight is just a good defogger and checks things like rillaboom and other physical attackers, i don't think this needs to be explained too much.

:ss/tapu fini: I needed a gren check, but also needed to keep up the offensive pressure, as well as have a knocker, so I added fini.

:ss/landorus therian: Finally, I needed a rocker and electric immune, so lando was nice. I made it defensive cuz I have a fear of toxic and zeraora.

basically an ou team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)