• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking the tie by voting for Heheus. tf's is good but it has no Volt Switch immunity so Blissey is constantly down on tempo in practice. Specs Eleki under Terrain 6-0s

Weavile+Lele Offense
:weavile: :tapu-lele: :scizor-mega: :tapu-fini: :gliscor: :kommo-o:
So I threw this one together and tested it pretty quick, but the idea is quite simple. Specs Lele is an absurd breaker, with incredible power 2HKOing most of the meta. I opted to drop Psyshock here- while seemingly a bad idea to do so due to leaving itself weak to Blissey, Banded Weavile covers all of Lele’s checks and forms an incredible core. The rest of the team is devoted to various matchups such as Heatran, Rilla, and Kyurem.

edit : lol did not see R8’s post haha

Last edited:
Bob and Weavile (Weavile + SD Gliscor Balance)
:Weavile: :Gliscor: :Tapu Fini: :Venusaur-Mega: :Kommo-o: :Heatran:
Behold, punlord Hematemesis back at it again with a pretty bad team featuring SD Gliscor paired alongside Weavile. SD Gliscor has been one of my favorite pokemon in the metagame for a while, and I thought that pairing it with Weavile would overload a lot of the counterplay to either pokemon, even if typewise, synergy is nominal (technically, Weavile resists ice for Gliscor, but Weavile isn't the type of pokemon to want to take attacks anyway). I definitely wanted a way to deter Weavile from being burned, so I decided to add Fini to provide a bulky water, fairy type, defog support, and misty terrain support for Weavile (I prefer surf to scald on Fini when I'm not running nature's madness, but they're really interchangeable). I also thought that, at the outset, the team was quite Rillaboom weak. Mega Venusaur owns Rillaboom so hard, as it cares not for a knock off, resists stab wood hammers and grassy glides, shrugs off u-turns like nobody's business, and gains recovery from grassy terrain. Additionally, leech seed is excellent support for pokemon Heatran and Tapu Fini, which cannot recover naturally (as well as, in some cases, allowing Kommo-o in more easily). I decided to make Kommo-o pure special this time - trading off a risky matchup versus Tapu Fini, spdef Pex, and Blissey (mons I thought were covered nicely) for owning the hell out of Corviknight, and having a better matchup versus Tapu Lele as well (and, as if it couldn't get any better, not having to run mixed). Finally, I wanted a rocker, and a another good ice resist for Gliscor, so I went with Heatran. I wanted to somehow fit toxic + protect on Heatran here, as I think it would really help whittle things down that otherwise cannot be whittled. Tapu Fini already had taunt, and I needed rocks, so I went with rocks + toxic. Toxic seems a bit anti-synergistic with Tapu Fini, but I was grasping for a 4th move and it seemed the least bad. 4th move on Heatran can probably be optimized (as can EVs, team synergy, and basically everything consider I'm the one who built the team).

Threatlist:
:Corviknight: :Rotom-Wash: :Scizor-Mega:: While Heatran and Kommo-o exist, physdef Corviknight checks both Gliscor and Weavile, which is pretty difficult for this team to deal with. Rotom-Wash volt switches on all but Gliscor, which definitely does not like taking a hydro pump. MScizor can also u-turn on pretty much everything, and if it has superpower, Heatran has to be wary (Kommo-o checks this pretty well, though). These various pokemon all prove that a good volt-turn loop can utterly own this team.
:Kyurem:: With the exception of MVenusaur, nothing on this team likes to deal with Kyurem. Weavile drops to Draco Meteor and cannot switch safely in, and freeze dry hits Fini, Kommo-o, and especially Gliscor. Kyurem has no true switch ins besides Blissey anyway, but I thought it was worth mentioning that this pokemon is pretty good against this team.

All in all, I hope you like the pun and the team! Enjoy!

tf

Natdex Unplayer
Weavile+Tapu Lele

Weavile is a good knock off user, and I wanted to use this set because I think it's underrated
Lele is here to pressure Toxapex. I run this set to destroy corviknight too
Landorus is my Electric-Immunity, it can use u-turn to pressure, revenge kill some things...
Zapdos is my Kartana/Rillaboom check, because they can revenge kill easily Weavile. It also defog, and volt-switch to pressure the opposing team
Toxapex will counter volcarona, ashgren, lopunny. I run the shed shell for heatran. The spread is for lopunny
Finally Diancie has the rocks, mystical fire to beat ferrothorn...

https://pokepast.es/e40691e9e4804dd0 the team

edit: psyshock>psychic on lele for blissey https://pokepast.es/440df1ce3146cc6c

Last edited:

Latias

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Weavile-O Tran Balanced

:ss/weavile::ss/zapdos::ss/blissey::ss/rillaboom::sm/medicham-mega::ss/heatran:

Weavile is an excellent fast cleaner that can revenge kill some dangerous pokemon like Lando-T, Garchomp, Zapdos as well as beating physical walls such as Gliscor and Tangrowth. So I decided to make a balanced team around it that can support it well.

Firstly, the Weavile is a pretty standard band set. Next, there's Zapdos functioning as the team's defogger but in addition, it can also check fast threats/opposing priority like Rillaboom, Mega Lopunny and Scizor as well as bulkier threats like Kartana. Blissey, which can wall the majority of special attackers. The set has toxic over thunder wave to ruin setup threats like Volcarona. Rillaboom can handle threats like Greninja-Ash, Tapu Fini, Mega Swampert, Azumarill, both regular and mega Tyranitar. It also helps in removing other annoying terrains such as Psychic and Misty. In addition, grassy terrain also provides crucial healing to its teammates like Mega Medicham and Heatran as well as weakening Earthquakes. I chose to run SD for a setup option to help its hard hitting teammates. Speaking of which, Mega Medicham is the mega for this team, being able to easily break walls like Toxapex and Heatran while Weavile can take care of pokemon Medicham struggles with. Both are a great Offensive duo although they do struggle with Fairy types. The Final member of the team is Heatran which can check those annoying pokemon as well as serving as the team's stealth rocker. Its Flash Fire ability is also greatly helpful in checking pokemon which the team can struggle with including MegaZard-X(lives a non boosted earthquake under grassy terrain), Victini and Volcarona.

Threatlist:

:charizard-mega-x: :tapu lele::kommo-o:

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by NuttyRabbit
BANDED WEAVILE + Z-ROTOM BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Weavile: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Mawile-Mega:
Click on the team above for the paste

Okay so I came up with the concept for this team in like 5 min but it took me just a bit longer to really iron it out.

:Weavile: :Rotom-Wash: When I was thinking of stuff to pair with Weavile, I wanted to try something unique, and that's when I came up with the idea for Z Rotom-Wash. Now, it isn't unusual to see Rotom paired with Weavile since Rotom lures in the kind of stuff that Weavile likes to trap, Rotom burns Weav answers, all that good stuff. However, the jist of this set was something different. Instead of just using it as a way to get Weavile in safely, I wanted to take advantage of Rotom's wallbreaking power. Combining its new Nasty Plot with Waterium Z, Rotom turns from a pivot into an out and out wallbreaker, being able to heavily chip if not outright eliminate Weavile's common answers at +2 such as Mega Scizor (+2 Z OHKOs), Ferrothron (+2 Hydro into Z-Hydro has a low chance to kill but leaves it extremely low especially w/o Leech), Corviknight (+2 Volt OHKOs as does Hydro Vortex, and even neutral hits do a ton to even Spdef variants), Heatran (dies to Hydro/Hydro Vortex), Skarmory, Tapu Fini, and the list goes on. In turn, Weavile can trap and eliminate the few things that stop this Rotom. Rotom's spread lets it creep Tran creepers while maximizing its power and bulk. Pain Split is here to make sure Rotom can just 1v1 Blissey and stick around for as long as possible

:Kommo-o: Kommo-o gives the team a sturdy Ash Gren/Tran/Mega T-tar/Zapdos/Zard-Y check whilst also providing Rocks and a soft check to Kartana/Lopunny. I've chosen to go Rock Slide last to ensure the Volc and Zard MUs but you can go EQ to be even better vs Tran. Spread is standard stuff

:Corviknight: Corviknight's here to provide another check to Lopunny/Kartana as well as stuff like Clef, Kyurem, and Tapu LEle. I've chosen to go more Spdef here since I fee that Kyurem and LEle are the bigger threats, though you can go more physdef with Press>Bird to better handle Kartanas. Rest of the set and spread are standard stuff, and it serves as yet another way to get Weavile and/or Rotom in, especially since it lures in the Steels that Rotom eats alive

:Landorus-Therian: Lando-T compresses a ton of roles for this team, giving it not only yet another Ground immunity, but a Volt immunity, Koko answer, fast pivot, Lopunny check, Kartana check, and just general cleaner/pivot into physical attackers. The spread lets it take on Kart better, as does last move HP Fire to ensure the KO on it and also pressure Mega Scizor better. Naive>Jolly to ensure HP Fire's power though Jolly can frankly work too. You can also go Explosion or Punishment over HP Fire to do better vs Reuni/Lati builds or vs Lucha but imo this is not necessary. Like Corv, it also lures in the kind of stuff Rotom preys upon, though it also lures in other Grounds on occasion to be cleaned up by Weavile.

:Mawile-Mega: Mawile rounds out the team and frankly is here because I couldn't think of much else. Maw frankly abuses everything on this team, from the pivoting that Rotom, Lando, and Corv provide, to Rotom's ability to break fat Steels to Weavile's pursuit trapping, Mawile loves all of it, and in turn provides the team with not only additional initial Intimidate support, but a secondary Dark resist and physical breaker that doesn't give a shit about the fat Fairies that annoy Weavile (and Kommo-o though that's a bit less important). The set and spread are normal and while you can go Fire Fang> Knock or Sucker, imo it just makes the set less efficient. Also the team really likes Sucker since Sucker+ Shard gives us really solid Chomp checking abilities.

:Swampert-Mega: Rain can be annoying since Rotom is heavily pressured as is Kommo-o, but Rotom can also force major progress in Rain, Weavile claims a kill every time it gets a free in once Ferro is chipped, Lando can pivot around, and even Kommo-o can fire off Toxics. It's a tough MU but it is doable

:Weavile: Opposing Weaviles can be annoying since Corv is Spdef and the Dark/Ice resists get chipped quickly. But also Weavile gets no free ins vs the team and can be danced around pretty well

:Lopunny-Mega: Mega Lopunny has no solid counter on the team, just a bunch of checks and if you're not careful it can run away with things. That being said like Weavile it doesn't really get free ins and Lando can revenge if need be.

:Rillaboom: Corv is Spdef so SD Rilla can be scary if it really gets going, but it can be managed between Mawile, Weavile, and Kommo-o

Shoutouts to TheWeirdGastrodon for helping me with the initial draft, shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool, and thank you all for taking the time to read this!
Team B by BitBitio
Breaking the tie by voting for Heheus. tf's is good but it has no Volt Switch immunity so Blissey is constantly down on tempo in practice. Specs Eleki under Terrain 6-0s

Weavile+Lele Offense
:weavile: :tapu-lele: :scizor-mega: :tapu-fini: :gliscor: :kommo-o:
So I threw this one together and tested it pretty quick, but the idea is quite simple. Specs Lele is an absurd breaker, with incredible power 2HKOing most of the meta. I opted to drop Psyshock here- while seemingly a bad idea to do so due to leaving itself weak to Blissey, Banded Weavile covers all of Lele’s checks and forms an incredible core. The rest of the team is devoted to various matchups such as Heatran, Rilla, and Kyurem.

edit : lol did not see R8’s post haha
Team C by Hematemesis
Bob and Weavile (Weavile + SD Gliscor Balance)
:Weavile: :Gliscor: :Tapu Fini: :Venusaur-Mega: :Kommo-o: :Heatran:
Behold, punlord Hematemesis back at it again with a pretty bad team featuring SD Gliscor paired alongside Weavile. SD Gliscor has been one of my favorite pokemon in the metagame for a while, and I thought that pairing it with Weavile would overload a lot of the counterplay to either pokemon, even if typewise, synergy is nominal (technically, Weavile resists ice for Gliscor, but Weavile isn't the type of pokemon to want to take attacks anyway). I definitely wanted a way to deter Weavile from being burned, so I decided to add Fini to provide a bulky water, fairy type, defog support, and misty terrain support for Weavile (I prefer surf to scald on Fini when I'm not running nature's madness, but they're really interchangeable). I also thought that, at the outset, the team was quite Rillaboom weak. Mega Venusaur owns Rillaboom so hard, as it cares not for a knock off, resists stab wood hammers and grassy glides, shrugs off u-turns like nobody's business, and gains recovery from grassy terrain. Additionally, leech seed is excellent support for pokemon Heatran and Tapu Fini, which cannot recover naturally (as well as, in some cases, allowing Kommo-o in more easily). I decided to make Kommo-o pure special this time - trading off a risky matchup versus Tapu Fini, spdef Pex, and Blissey (mons I thought were covered nicely) for owning the hell out of Corviknight, and having a better matchup versus Tapu Lele as well (and, as if it couldn't get any better, not having to run mixed). Finally, I wanted a rocker, and a another good ice resist for Gliscor, so I went with Heatran. I wanted to somehow fit toxic + protect on Heatran here, as I think it would really help whittle things down that otherwise cannot be whittled. Tapu Fini already had taunt, and I needed rocks, so I went with rocks + toxic. Toxic seems a bit anti-synergistic with Tapu Fini, but I was grasping for a 4th move and it seemed the least bad. 4th move on Heatran can probably be optimized (as can EVs, team synergy, and basically everything consider I'm the one who built the team).

Threatlist:
:Corviknight: :Rotom-Wash: :Scizor-Mega:: While Heatran and Kommo-o exist, physdef Corviknight checks both Gliscor and Weavile, which is pretty difficult for this team to deal with. Rotom-Wash volt switches on all but Gliscor, which definitely does not like taking a hydro pump. MScizor can also u-turn on pretty much everything, and if it has superpower, Heatran has to be wary (Kommo-o checks this pretty well, though). These various pokemon all prove that a good volt-turn loop can utterly own this team.
:Kyurem:: With the exception of MVenusaur, nothing on this team likes to deal with Kyurem. Weavile drops to Draco Meteor and cannot switch safely in, and freeze dry hits Fini, Kommo-o, and especially Gliscor. Kyurem has no true switch ins besides Blissey anyway, but I thought it was worth mentioning that this pokemon is pretty good against this team.

All in all, I hope you like the pun and the team! Enjoy!
Team D by tf

Weavile is a good knock off user, and I wanted to use this set because I think it's underrated
Lele is here to pressure Toxapex. I run this set to destroy corviknight too
Landorus is my Electric-Immunity, it can use u-turn to pressure, revenge kill some things...
Zapdos is my Kartana/Rillaboom check, because they can revenge kill easily Weavile. It also defog, and volt-switch to pressure the opposing team
Toxapex will counter volcarona, ashgren, lopunny. I run the shed shell for heatran. The spread is for lopunny
Finally Diancie has the rocks, mystical fire to beat ferrothorn...

https://pokepast.es/e40691e9e4804dd0 the team

edit: psyshock>psychic on lele for blissey https://pokepast.es/440df1ce3146cc6c

Team E by Far too complex
Weavile-O Tran Balanced

:ss/weavile::ss/zapdos::ss/blissey::ss/rillaboom::sm/medicham-mega::ss/heatran:

Weavile is an excellent fast cleaner that can revenge kill some dangerous pokemon like Lando-T, Garchomp, Zapdos as well as beating physical walls such as Gliscor and Tangrowth. So I decided to make a balanced team around it that can support it well.

Firstly, the Weavile is a pretty standard band set. Next, there's Zapdos functioning as the team's defogger but in addition, it can also check fast threats/opposing priority like Rillaboom, Mega Lopunny and Scizor as well as bulkier threats like Kartana. Blissey, which can wall the majority of special attackers. The set has toxic over thunder wave to ruin setup threats like Volcarona. Rillaboom can handle threats like Greninja-Ash, Tapu Fini, Mega Swampert, Azumarill, both regular and mega Tyranitar. It also helps in removing other annoying terrains such as Psychic and Misty. In addition, grassy terrain also provides crucial healing to its teammates like Mega Medicham and Heatran as well as weakening Earthquakes. I chose to run SD for a setup option to help its hard hitting teammates. Speaking of which, Mega Medicham is the mega for this team, being able to easily break walls like Toxapex and Heatran while Weavile can take care of pokemon Medicham struggles with. Both are a great Offensive duo although they do struggle with Fairy types. The Final member of the team is Heatran which can check those annoying pokemon as well as serving as the team's stealth rocker. Its Flash Fire ability is also greatly helpful in checking pokemon which the team can struggle with including MegaZard-X(lives a non boosted earthquake under grassy terrain), Victini and Volcarona.

Threatlist:

:charizard-mega-x: :tapu lele::kommo-o:
Voting will end on 5/31 at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
SPECS TAPU KOKO + BANDED URSHIFU-RS BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Clefable:
Click on the team for the paste

Bit of a basic team this time but one I think takes advantage of Water Bear's strengths

:Tapu Koko: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: The principle behind this core is very simple: Urshifu-RS really, really doesn't like bulky Waters and stuff like Zapdos, all of which are mons that Specs Koko can easily beat. In turn, Urshifu-RS threatens out the bulky Grounds and Steels that annoy Koko. Not only that, but thanks to their respective pivoting options, they can take advantage of the switches they force and pivot into each other easily. In terms of sets, the only things I think are worth noting are the decisions to go double pivoting move on Koko and Aqua Jet on URshifu. The reasoning behind double pivot Koko is the things that HP Ice would target are things that Urshifu-RS is meant to beat, and using both Volt and U-turn guarantees Koko can pivot on its forced switches and gain momentum instead of having to risk Volting into a Ground type. Now in regards to Jet Urshifu, I know it's standard but originally I had Zen to punish the bulky Poisons like Amoonguss, Mega Venu, Pex, and even stuff like Kommo-o that can switch into its STABs. However, I ultimately wqent with Jet because it improved certain MUs (like vs offensive Fires), but also because the next member was easily able to fill that Psychic coverage.

:Slowking: Slowking was a natural 3rd slot for the team, not only fulfilling the role of the team's bulky Water, but also serving as a solid defensive check to Heatran, Tapu Lele, Mega Latias, and others. Most importantly however, it provides the team with further pivoting in the form of Teleport, allowing the likes of Koko, Ursh, and a cerrtain other mon to get in safely, and increased offensive pressure in the form of Future Sight. Future Sight is a boon for Koko and especially Bear since it pressures their typical switchins (especially Grasses and Poisons) and forces the opponent into generally awkward positions that can be easily exploited. The given spread lets it take on the likes of LEle better while still giving it a decent amount of physical bulk

:Garchomp: Garchomp fills a few roles here. IT's a secondary Heatran check, general Zapdos check, rocker, and wallbreaker. Garchomp's ability to get up and keep up rocks vs the majority of Defoggers is excellent, since it further adds to the offensive pressure that the team is meant to provide. More than that however, it loves the free pivoting that Koko, Urshifu, and King can provide, giving it a way to get in safely, set up, and start breaking stuff. It also greatly appreciates Koko's ability to pressure the metal birds, Urshifu's ability to switch into Weavile and scare it out, and Slowking's ability to provide FS support. In turn, the offensive core really, really loves Chomp's ability to force damage on bulky Waters, Fairies, and Grounds like Fini, Clef, Gliscor, and Lando as well as stuff like the aforementioned Zapdos. I've chosen to go with Rockium for guaranteed damage over Dragonium's more prediction reliant nuking, though I should note that Dragonium significantly improves the matchup vs Grasses

:Corviknight: Corviknight is the team's defogger and it does Corviknight things, checking Kyurem, Kart, Lopunny Chomp (to a degree), LAndo, Gliscor, Rillaboom, and other dangerous mons, providing Defog, and finally slow pivoting. Given EVs maximize physical bulk while also letting it take on stuff like SubRoost Kyurem and specs Lele better

:Clefable: The team's final member is none other than CM Clef, which rounds it out perfectly, giving the team the Dark resist it so desperately needs, a more solid Lop check, a nice emergency check to Chomp, and a nice wincon on top of all of that. I've chosen to go with CM Clef since I figured the team could use a bulkier wincon and also because the specific set I've chosen, that being CM Flamethrower Clef, gives the team a way to deal with Grasses like Tangrowth and Amoonguss as well as stuff like Mega Scizor that it didn't really have before, opening a significant door for Koko and Urshifu to clean where they wouldn't be able to otherwise. In turn, KokoBear's ability to plow through checks to this set like Toxapex and Heatran is greatly appreciated, as is their ability to pivot into it and give it a chance to set up. Spread maximizes physdef EVs

:Serperior: Can be incredibly annoying since the only faster thing is Koko and it can spread Glare and fire off Leaf Storms pretty freely. That being said, really doesn't appreciate switching into most anything on the team and can be generally dealt with with a combo of Koko, Clef, and Corv

:Kartana: SD Kartana can probably nab a kill since the only faster thing is Koko and it can set up on a decent amount of stuff. On the flip side, Koko can revenge if/when it gets chipped. If Koko dies though it gets really rough. Honestly, if all else fails, drop Corv for Zapdos

:Pelipper: MEga Swampert is scary under rain. On the flip side, Urshifu and Koko are even scarier. Rain MU is generally a sack game that can be won

:Latias-Mega: This thing can force you into a CM war if you're not careful. If it's not CM Clef and Koko murder it. If you're really desperate for an answer to CM variants outside of CM wars, Dragonium Chomp is your best bet since it can take at least a +2 Psyshock and nuke back

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool as always and thank y'all for reading this!

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:Diancie-mega: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :weavile: :volcarona: :kartana: :thundurus-therian:

cool HO team which I built around lead Mega Diancie, which a friend of mine showed me, it's basically meant to keep rocks off the field so that sweepers like Weavile, Volcarona, and Thundurus don't have to worry about taking rocks chip and freeing up their item slot for Life Orb or a Z crystal, Kartana is here because LO kartana is absolutely cracked. also has good synergy with protpads urshifu being able to beat stuff like Zapdos or Moltres. This team is also built around the core of Weavile + Urshifu, as they have good synergy and break for each other. teams kinda weak to electric types and ash greninja tho
[/hide]

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by NuttyRabbit
SPECS TAPU KOKO + BANDED URSHIFU-RS BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Clefable:
Click on the team for the paste

Bit of a basic team this time but one I think takes advantage of Water Bear's strengths

:Tapu Koko: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: The principle behind this core is very simple: Urshifu-RS really, really doesn't like bulky Waters and stuff like Zapdos, all of which are mons that Specs Koko can easily beat. In turn, Urshifu-RS threatens out the bulky Grounds and Steels that annoy Koko. Not only that, but thanks to their respective pivoting options, they can take advantage of the switches they force and pivot into each other easily. In terms of sets, the only things I think are worth noting are the decisions to go double pivoting move on Koko and Aqua Jet on URshifu. The reasoning behind double pivot Koko is the things that HP Ice would target are things that Urshifu-RS is meant to beat, and using both Volt and U-turn guarantees Koko can pivot on its forced switches and gain momentum instead of having to risk Volting into a Ground type. Now in regards to Jet Urshifu, I know it's standard but originally I had Zen to punish the bulky Poisons like Amoonguss, Mega Venu, Pex, and even stuff like Kommo-o that can switch into its STABs. However, I ultimately wqent with Jet because it improved certain MUs (like vs offensive Fires), but also because the next member was easily able to fill that Psychic coverage.

:Slowking: Slowking was a natural 3rd slot for the team, not only fulfilling the role of the team's bulky Water, but also serving as a solid defensive check to Heatran, Tapu Lele, Mega Latias, and others. Most importantly however, it provides the team with further pivoting in the form of Teleport, allowing the likes of Koko, Ursh, and a cerrtain other mon to get in safely, and increased offensive pressure in the form of Future Sight. Future Sight is a boon for Koko and especially Bear since it pressures their typical switchins (especially Grasses and Poisons) and forces the opponent into generally awkward positions that can be easily exploited. The given spread lets it take on the likes of LEle better while still giving it a decent amount of physical bulk

:Garchomp: Garchomp fills a few roles here. IT's a secondary Heatran check, general Zapdos check, rocker, and wallbreaker. Garchomp's ability to get up and keep up rocks vs the majority of Defoggers is excellent, since it further adds to the offensive pressure that the team is meant to provide. More than that however, it loves the free pivoting that Koko, Urshifu, and King can provide, giving it a way to get in safely, set up, and start breaking stuff. It also greatly appreciates Koko's ability to pressure the metal birds, Urshifu's ability to switch into Weavile and scare it out, and Slowking's ability to provide FS support. In turn, the offensive core really, really loves Chomp's ability to force damage on bulky Waters, Fairies, and Grounds like Fini, Clef, Gliscor, and Lando as well as stuff like the aforementioned Zapdos. I've chosen to go with Rockium for guaranteed damage over Dragonium's more prediction reliant nuking, though I should note that Dragonium significantly improves the matchup vs Grasses

:Corviknight: Corviknight is the team's defogger and it does Corviknight things, checking Kyurem, Kart, Lopunny Chomp (to a degree), LAndo, Gliscor, Rillaboom, and other dangerous mons, providing Defog, and finally slow pivoting. Given EVs maximize physical bulk while also letting it take on stuff like SubRoost Kyurem and specs Lele better

:Clefable: The team's final member is none other than CM Clef, which rounds it out perfectly, giving the team the Dark resist it so desperately needs, a more solid Lop check, a nice emergency check to Chomp, and a nice wincon on top of all of that. I've chosen to go with CM Clef since I figured the team could use a bulkier wincon and also because the specific set I've chosen, that being CM Flamethrower Clef, gives the team a way to deal with Grasses like Tangrowth and Amoonguss as well as stuff like Mega Scizor that it didn't really have before, opening a significant door for Koko and Urshifu to clean where they wouldn't be able to otherwise. In turn, KokoBear's ability to plow through checks to this set like Toxapex and Heatran is greatly appreciated, as is their ability to pivot into it and give it a chance to set up. Spread maximizes physdef EVs

:Serperior: Can be incredibly annoying since the only faster thing is Koko and it can spread Glare and fire off Leaf Storms pretty freely. That being said, really doesn't appreciate switching into most anything on the team and can be generally dealt with with a combo of Koko, Clef, and Corv

:Kartana: SD Kartana can probably nab a kill since the only faster thing is Koko and it can set up on a decent amount of stuff. On the flip side, Koko can revenge if/when it gets chipped. If Koko dies though it gets really rough. Honestly, if all else fails, drop Corv for Zapdos

:Pelipper: MEga Swampert is scary under rain. On the flip side, Urshifu and Koko are even scarier. Rain MU is generally a sack game that can be won

:Latias-Mega: This thing can force you into a CM war if you're not careful. If it's not CM Clef and Koko murder it. If you're really desperate for an answer to CM variants outside of CM wars, Dragonium Chomp is your best bet since it can take at least a +2 Psyshock and nuke back

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool as always and thank y'all for reading this!
Team B by Pannuracotta
:Diancie-mega: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :weavile: :volcarona: :kartana: :thundurus-therian:

cool HO team which I built around lead Mega Diancie, which a friend of mine showed me, it's basically meant to keep rocks off the field so that sweepers like Weavile, Volcarona, and Thundurus don't have to worry about taking rocks chip and freeing up their item slot for Life Orb or a Z crystal, Kartana is here because LO kartana is absolutely cracked. also has good synergy with protpads urshifu being able to beat stuff like Zapdos or Moltres. This team is also built around the core of Weavile + Urshifu, as they have good synergy and break for each other. teams kinda weak to electric types and ash greninja tho
[/hide]
Voting will end on 6/7 at 11:59 PM GMT

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I've been thinking about engaging more with the broader Natdex Community, and I think the Teambuilding competition is the best way to do that.

B>A

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
TRIPLE TRAP + SCARF KYUREM BULKY OFFENSE
:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Magnezone: :ss/Heatran: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Landorus-Therian:

Okay, so for this week, instead of going for the usual SubRoost or Specs Kyurem builds that have been done to death, I decided to go with something more interesting, and by "more interesting", I mean wack as shit but in a good way (hopefully)

:Kyurem: So originally the idea was to build around SubDD Kyurem since not only is it a viable set in Galar, but also because I've built around it before to some degree of success and I wanted to see if I could do it again, but better. Unfortunately, the teambuilding process was..not going great for a variety of reasons, chief among them being the issue of handling Kartana, since the team's other speed control had to make a ton of compromises to properly handle it, and the 2nd member of the team had to give up a lot of efficiency to deal with it. That's when I came up with the heat idea of Modest Scarf Kyurem, something which could not only provide speed control and outspeed regular Kartana, but do so while having the general power of a normal Kyurem. I've elected to go Modest for the raw power, thoguh it should be noted that you miss out on +1 Lando, Drill, and Mega Chomp so if you want to outrun those, go Timid. The moves are pretty self explanatory, as is the spread

:Magnezone: So owing to that initial concept of DD Kyurem, I wanted to support it with "Triple Trap" AKA three Pokemon that could trap and eliminate the answers to Kyurem's ice STAB. Thankfully, the same principle could be applied to scarf Kyurem, and thus the primary structure didn't have to change. The first member of "triple trap" is Specs Magnezone, which is meant to deal with the likes of Mega Scizor, Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and even scarf Kartana if need be, things which can take a hit from scarf Kyurem and either set up on it or just plain scare it out. In addition, it also greatly appreciates Kyurem's ability to just delete Grounds and let it Volt for free.

:Heatran: Firium Z Heatran is the next member of the "Triple Trap", providing the team not only with a Fire immunity and rocks, but also a way to mess up Stall and more importantly, trap the likes of Blissey, Pex, and U-turnless Jirachi, and Clefable, all of which can come in on this Kyurem and pivot around it. I've elected to go with Firium Z both for the aforementioned stall MU but also to give the team a solid nuke vs stuff like Volcarona. Magma+Taunt let it trap stuff and the EVs maximize its power.

:Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini is the third and final member of "Triple Trap", providing not only an answer to other Heatrans, but also a secondary Gliscor answer, a preliminary Fighting resist, a more solid Dragon answer, and an Ash Gren check. More importantly than that however, it also gives the team an excellent backup method of trapping Clef/Blissey/Pex, but also a way of trapping U-turnless Gliscor (the speed EVs letting it creep normal spreads, Heatran, other Tapu Finis, and Slowtwins, and even supplementing the Stall MU. The movepool is catered towards this specifically, with Whirlpool letting Fini trap stuff, Nature's letting it rapidly chip stuff down, Taunt to prevent Teleport/healing shenanigans, and Moonblast as a way to still hit Fighting and Dragon types. Outside of the speed creep for Gliscor, the spread is standard

:Corviknight: Corviknight provides the team with not only a Ground immunity, but also Defog, a slow pivot into the trappers + Kyurem, and a check to the likes of Kyurem (Specs is annoying but it shuts down SubRoost), Kartana, Tapu Lele, and Garchomp. The set and spread are fairly standard, prioritizing physical bulk over special and letting Corv do Corv things

:Landorus-Therian: Scarf Lando-T rounds out the team excellently, providing not only a secondary Fighting resist, Ground immunity, and a Volt immunity, but also providing speed control, an emergency Volc/Zard-Y check, a tertiary wincon thanks to "Triple Trap"'s trapping, a fast pivot/revenge killer, and an emergency check to CM Mega Latias and CM Reuniclus. I labored over the moves and spread for a while, but ultimately arrived at this one, with EQ being STAB, U-turn providing momentum, Stone Edge giving me an out vs Volc/Zard/Zap, and Punishment letting me punish Mega Latias. The spread gives me enough physical bulk to take on Kartana if need be

:Charizard-Mega-Y: :Volcarona: Both of these mons are extremely dangerous, with Zard's coverage and Volc's setup posing massive threats to the team. Zard-Y ultimately boils down to either finding a way to chip it into Kyurem range, knocking it out with Lando edge, or just playing a sack game. Volc meanwhile isn't a threat unless it's HP Ground, in which case you're relying on Lando edge to knock it out or Fini Whirlpool shenanigans

:Latias-Mega: If it's Defog Boltbeam, Kyurem and to some extent Fini can take care of it. CM sets are dangerous though because Kyu Draco doesn't OHKO after 1 CM and it gets a good amount of setup chances. Your best bet is finding a way to beat it with Punishment Lando or chipping it into Kyu range

:Kartana: Kartana is very dangerous on paper (heh), though you do have outs for every set, with Corv+Zone taking care of Scarf decently well, and normal and band sets being disposed of via doubles and stuff like Kyurem or even being revenged by Lando. It can chip the team down something fierce but there's outs vs it for sure

:Medicham-Mega: It kills a lot on the team but most everything can kill it back. Play aggressive vs it and it's never winning

So I'm going to be doing something unique and actually sharing alternate takes on the team

DD Kyurem + Scarf Zone vers - This is the "original" version of the team with DD Kyurem. Zone is Scarf here to ensure the Kart MU. The Kart MU is far easier here, as is Zard and Medi owing to the new speed control, but Corv and Sciz can stick around way longer if you don't play super aggressive

Bulky Tran + Rocks Chomp vers - A version thought up by TheDragonMaster which replaces Scarf Lando with Rockium Chomp and Z-Tran with bulky Tran. You forfeit your secondary speed control and Fighting resist but u get a much better Volc MU and a slightly better Zard and Latias MU.

This took way longer than it should've to make, both this post and the team so I'll just cut it here

Shoutouts to the Natdex discord, especially TheDragonMaster and Moo for helping me build the team and giving me the necessary feedback, and shoutouts to everyone who reads and likes my posts, y'all the GOATs!

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
SERPERIOR + MEGA MEDICHAM BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Serperior: :ss/Medicham-Mega: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Gliscor:

Let it be known that I hate building with Serperior

:Serperior: :Medicham-Mega: When it came to building with Serp, I knew I wanted to build around a core of it+wallbreaker because frankly I think that is the only way to use Serp outside of HO, and seeing as Mega Medicham is one of the wallbreakiest of wallbreakers and it was something I hadn't built around in a while, I figured that it + Serp would be the perfect core to build around. In theory, the core is very simple, with Serperior not only breaking down the bulky Waters and Fairies that can stop Medicham, but also using Glare to turn would both it and Medi's would be checks and revenge killers into well...not that, with the most notable victim of this being Mega Latias. In turn, Medicham destroys the special tanks, bulky Grasses, bulky Steels, and bulky Fires that can stop Serp. The sets themselves are pretty standard, though I've opted for Ice Punch> Thunder Punch on Medi both because T-punch is made redundant by Serp's existence and because Ice Punch + Serp's Glare turns Mega Latias from a check into well, not a check.

:Tapu Koko: Next up is the team's speed control in Specs Tapu Koko. I figured the team needed not only a way to revenge the likes of Ash Greninja and Weavile, but also something that can comfortably take on Zapdos and act as a way to get Serp and Medicham in comfortably. Not only that, but Tapu Koko is something that deeply appreciates Medicham and Serp's abilities to remove bulky Grounds and Grasses. Set is p standard except for Volt+U-turn, something I opted for since HP Ice is bad to lock into and frankly I wanted the guaranteed pivot.

:Kommo-o: Kommo-o serves a variety of important roles on this team, compressing a soft Kart check, Tran check, Gren counter, Volcarona check, Zard-Y counter, Tyranitar check, and rocker into a single slot, something which I find to be incredibly valuable. The set and spread are pretty standard, maximizing bulk whilst letting it creep Tran and stuff like Zone. In terms of moves, I went Rock Slide last to make it a better answer to Volc, Zard, and even Zapdos to an extent

:Corviknight: Corviknight is the team's defogger and does Corv things, checking Kart, Lopunny, Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and other dangerous mons, acting as a secondary pivot into Serp and Medi, soft checking SD Grounds, and of course, providing the aforementioned Defog. Set and spread are standard stuff

:Gliscor: SD Gliscor rounds out the team quite nicely, giving the team a secondary Fighting resist, secondary Ground immunity, secondary Tran answer, secondary Lopunny check, something that can safely come in on and set up on Toxapex, a Volt/Electric immunity, and yet another wincon. Set and spread are standard stuff

:Pelipper: Rain is a bitch and you're forced to either get a ton of 50/50s right or pull it out of your ass with Serp+Koko+Medi.

:Latias-Mega: If it's Stored Power Refresh, it's just brutal, click X. Other sets can be handled with Para + Ice Punch or Specs Koko.

:Volcarona: Psychic sets can win easily given the chance, but nothing on the team should give it a chance between Medicham, Serp, Koko, Corv, Kommo-o, and even Glisc. If it sets up it is possible to win by tanking and then chipping but it's rough. Non-Psychic sets get stonewalled by Kommo-o

:Sableye-Mega: :Chansey: Stall is possible ig between Serp/Medi/Glisc but it's rough I'm not gonna lie

Like I said, I hated making this but despite that I think the team's pretty good. Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool people and helping me build it/giving me feedback

Thank y'all for reading!

Rank Mega Camerupt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)