• No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shuckle::urshifu::thundurus-therian::Kartana::bisharp::Medicham-Mega:
https://pokepast.es/e2d494dfc1e0c27f

I'm just gonna say that this is probably my favorite team I've ever built in the time I have been involved in the community and this team is incredibly fun to use. The main things on the team are kart and urshifu, banded urshifu rips through so much and can u-turn on everything else. Then banded kart can force so many snowballs and with zap dropping, it is just getting better.

Threatlist:
:greninja-ash:
Ash gren can get out of hand if you predicate poorly but with good prediction and if you keep urshifu healthy, you can handle ash gren, but at worst you have to revenge kill it.

You can probably find another threat but I haven't noticed in my time practicing with this team.

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
:ss/shuckle: :ss/Rillaboom: :ss/bisharp: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/gyarados-mega: :ss/thundurus-therian:

Pretty generic webs team. Shuckle is god and must be worshipped, and so, it is on the team as the webs setter. Rillaboom is a HO staple that provides strong priority, and a potential sweeper. Bisharp can be a terrifying sweeper under webs, and defiant also lets it mess with deffogers like corv. Kommo is another sweepers, that can potentially end games when It gets a belly drum off. Mega gyarados is another sweeper, that eases the stall MU significantly. These 2 can also sponge ash Grens hits. Thundy T is a great wallbreaker that can help break down fat teams

I've found this team to be quite consistent, it doesn't really have many bad MUs.

Last edited:
Thundurus + Weavile Balance
:sm/Thundurus-Therian::sm/amoonguss::sm/weavile::sm/toxapex::sm/zapdos::sm/charizard-mega-y:
https://pokepast.es/e5d01e0d7829a07c

So i started off with thundyt. So thundyt gets checked by koko and i also needed something for rain so i went amoong here. Then i realized that they lose to mlatias and i also needed speed control so i went weavile. Then the team had bad matchup v zardy and weavile so i went with spdef pex. I went zapdos to check hawlucha cores over corv as a defogger. Then i went zardy because since weavile counters mlatias it can just go free and kill everything. Anyway thats the whole team

Threatlist: :mawile-mega: :tapu koko:

Mawile can get out of hand if it has one sd up so your best bet is going into pex and haze. Tapu koko can also beat this team if amoong is down so always remember to keep amoong healthy if you see koko opposing.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
DUAL DANCE THUNDURUS-THERIAN SCREENS

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Thundurus-Therian: :ss/Hawlucha: :ss/Manaphy: :ss/Garchomp-Mega:
Click on the team for the paste

So I built this shit in 5 minutes but it's kinda fun ngl

:Excadrill: :Grimmsnarl: So Thundy-T best fits on HO and since everyone had done Webs, I decided to do Screens. Drill and Grimmsnarl are the obligatory Rocks and Screens mons, not much to say

:Thundurus-Therian: Now this is a weird set. I know some of you are asking "Nutty what is this?". Well, I was originally going to go Fightinium Z but then I realized nobody has tried Dual Dance in years and Thundurus had the perfect speed tier to abuse it even while going Modest, with the only really notable thing it misses being +2 Drill. Also in case you're wondering "Well what about Grasses?", +2 T-bolt into Gigavolt melts all of them..and I do mean all of them, and that's not even getting into the ones like Amoong or Serp which get melted by HP Ice, as do the Grounds that come in on Electrium (all but Gastro). Honestly just wanted to go full goofy

:Hawlucha: Okay so I originally wanted to go Kokolucha but Screens Koko is ass so I decided to go with a more heat set. The spread maximizes its bulk while also letting it outspeed +2 Drill once Weakness Policy is proc'd. As for why Weakness Policy, most of the stuff that's used to beat Lucha has to do so with supereffective moves, and since Lucha can tank behind screens, it can get +4 in one turn and just melt every single normal check barring like, Pex ig but Pex gets melted by everything else. Edge is here both for emergency Volc check and for Zap

:Manaphy: Manaphy's here for additional special pressure and as a cheese pick since with the given spread and Quick Claw, it can actually creep Rillaboom and blow it away with Ice Beam, eliminating an otherwise annoying mon, and in general, Manaphy serves as both a Water resist and a nice secondary special breaker

:Garchomp-Mega: Mega Chomp rounds out the team giving it a stallbreaker, wallbreaker, and secondary wincon that is hard as SHIT to revenge kill once the likes of RIlla and Weavile are gone, and just in general behind screens. Set and spread are standard as fuck

:Greninja-Ash: Uhhh without screens this can be really scary to check, but it comes in on goddamn nothing lmao

:Kartana: Same boat tbh

:Garchomp-Mega: Also same boat

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool people and to whoever read this shit[/Spoiler]

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Voting is upon us.

Team A by Victini4ssbu
:shuckle::urshifu::thundurus-therian::Kartana::bisharp::Medicham-Mega:
https://pokepast.es/e2d494dfc1e0c27f

I'm just gonna say that this is probably my favorite team I've ever built in the time I have been involved in the community and this team is incredibly fun to use. The main things on the team are kart and urshifu, banded urshifu rips through so much and can u-turn on everything else. Then banded kart can force so many snowballs and with zap dropping, it is just getting better.

Threatlist:
:greninja-ash:
Ash gren can get out of hand if you predicate poorly but with good prediction and if you keep urshifu healthy, you can handle ash gren, but at worst you have to revenge kill it.

You can probably find another threat but I haven't noticed in my time practicing with this team.

Team B by The Dragon Master
:ss/shuckle: :ss/Rillaboom: :ss/bisharp: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/gyarados-mega: :ss/thundurus-therian:

Pretty generic webs team. Shuckle is god and must be worshipped, and so, it is on the team as the webs setter. Rillaboom is a HO staple that provides strong priority, and a potential sweeper. Bisharp can be a terrifying sweeper under webs, and defiant also lets it mess with deffogers like corv. Kommo is another sweepers, that can potentially end games when It gets a belly drum off. Mega gyarados is another sweeper, that eases the stall MU significantly. These 2 can also sponge ash Grens hits. Thundy T is a great wallbreaker that can help break down fat teams

I've found this team to be quite consistent, it doesn't really have many bad MUs.

Team C by Heheus
Thundurus + Weavile Balance
:sm/Thundurus-Therian::sm/amoonguss::sm/weavile::sm/toxapex::sm/zapdos::sm/charizard-mega-y:
https://pokepast.es/e5d01e0d7829a07c

So i started off with thundyt. So thundyt gets checked by koko and i also needed something for rain so i went amoong here. Then i realized that they lose to mlatias and i also needed speed control so i went weavile. Then the team had bad matchup v zardy and weavile so i went with spdef pex. I went zapdos to check hawlucha cores over corv as a defogger. Then i went zardy because since weavile counters mlatias it can just go free and kill everything. Anyway thats the whole team

Threatlist: :mawile-mega: :tapu koko:

Mawile can get out of hand if it has one sd up so your best bet is going into pex and haze. Tapu koko can also beat this team if amoong is down so always remember to keep amoong healthy if you see koko opposing.

Team D by NuttyRabbit
DUAL DANCE THUNDURUS-THERIAN SCREENS

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Thundurus-Therian: :ss/Hawlucha: :ss/Manaphy: :ss/Garchomp-Mega:
Click on the team for the paste

So I built this shit in 5 minutes but it's kinda fun ngl

:Excadrill: :Grimmsnarl: So Thundy-T best fits on HO and since everyone had done Webs, I decided to do Screens. Drill and Grimmsnarl are the obligatory Rocks and Screens mons, not much to say

:Thundurus-Therian: Now this is a weird set. I know some of you are asking "Nutty what is this?". Well, I was originally going to go Fightinium Z but then I realized nobody has tried Dual Dance in years and Thundurus had the perfect speed tier to abuse it even while going Modest, with the only really notable thing it misses being +2 Drill. Also in case you're wondering "Well what about Grasses?", +2 T-bolt into Gigavolt melts all of them..and I do mean all of them, and that's not even getting into the ones like Amoong or Serp which get melted by HP Ice, as do the Grounds that come in on Electrium (all but Gastro). Honestly just wanted to go full goofy

:Hawlucha: Okay so I originally wanted to go Kokolucha but Screens Koko is ass so I decided to go with a more heat set. The spread maximizes its bulk while also letting it outspeed +2 Drill once Weakness Policy is proc'd. As for why Weakness Policy, most of the stuff that's used to beat Lucha has to do so with supereffective moves, and since Lucha can tank behind screens, it can get +4 in one turn and just melt every single normal check barring like, Pex ig but Pex gets melted by everything else. Edge is here both for emergency Volc check and for Zap

:Manaphy: Manaphy's here for additional special pressure and as a cheese pick since with the given spread and Quick Claw, it can actually creep Rillaboom and blow it away with Ice Beam, eliminating an otherwise annoying mon, and in general, Manaphy serves as both a Water resist and a nice secondary special breaker

:Garchomp-Mega: Mega Chomp rounds out the team giving it a stallbreaker, wallbreaker, and secondary wincon that is hard as SHIT to revenge kill once the likes of RIlla and Weavile are gone, and just in general behind screens. Set and spread are standard as fuck

:Greninja-Ash: Uhhh without screens this can be really scary to check, but it comes in on goddamn nothing lmao

:Kartana: Same boat tbh

:Garchomp-Mega: Also same boat

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool people and to whoever read this shit[/Spoiler]

Deadline will be Monday 17th at 11:59pm GMT.

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
C > D = B > A

Explainations : wtf are the sets of D, B is kinda stacking bad mons but looks well construct, A cause two choice band in HO and lose vs anything fast, edit : if no sticky or if oppo is flying/boots, forgot to mention

(edited my double B error)

Last edited:
Rillaboom+Magnezone+Hawlucha
:ss/rillaboom::ss/hawlucha::sm/magnezone::ss/gastrodon::ss/corviknight::sm/tyranitar-mega:
https://pokepast.es/661cce14ad7a333a

This team is built around rillalucha+magnezone.So rillalucha is just rillalucha where lucha gets the unburden boost and can clean teams. Magnezone is here because haha funny rillazone and deletes corv and pex in one slot. So thats what the team is built around. Gastrodon is here for a lot of reasons. 1 is koko check, 2 is agren check, 3 is tran check and offensive fire types in general. I have corv here as to make rilla mu better and as a defogger. Mttar as final slot for mainly mlatias and setting up rocks. So yeah thats it.

:charizard-mega-y: so zardy legit destroys this team you only have mttar for it so just try keeping mttar healthy one thing you can do is switch in gastro on zardy and force it to click solar beam then go mttar and itll be stuck in solar beam and then you can kill with edge.
I had a lot of fun building RillaLucha since i like building around hawlucha cores.So anyway thats it thank you for looking at this team and have a good day

(team was edited btw https://pokepast.es/82bf328f98251d44 this is original one)

Last edited:

tf

Natdex Unplayer
Rilla+Normalium Z Kartana

>>>>> the team <<<<<
:rillaboom: + :kartana: The team is built around rillaboom. I don't really like to play HO, so I wanted to do a BO. I use Normalium Z Kart to remove things like zapdos
:magnezone: I'll explain the spread after, but it obviously removes Corviknight, banded/bulky/z Kartana...
:lopunny-mega: u-turn on slowbro/clef... to have the momentum, good revenge killer
:blissey: + :zapdos: wanted to have: an ashgren check, a kyurem check, a rock setter, a ground immunity, and a kartana switch-in

:magnezone: +2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 248-292 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (you can run the classic spread if you want)
s/o my bad english for the text and nowno for helping me on this build

Pubo

bom dia
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
ZoneBoomer + Mega Diamond

:rillaboom: :magnezone: :diancie mega: :corviknight: :landorus therian: :toxapex:

So the team is focused on the offensive core of :magnezone: and :rillaboom:, which have a fantastic synergy because zone can trap :corviknight:, :skarmory: and cause a lot of damage in :zapdos: without heat wave making boomer win the battles. I was using specs but z steel beam is very good, there was a lack of a z user in the team so that's it. :Rillaboom: set is the common, knock off removes boots, u-turn to pivot to the :magnezone: and grassy glide as an important priority. I wanted a rock setter so I put :diancie mega: that has great synergy with :magnezone: and :rillaboom:, since grassy terrain weakens earthquake and gives it a way of recovery. :Diancie mega: also presses :zapdos: and both :charizard mega x: and :charizard mega y: that are still difficult to deal with. :Toxapex: is next because :charizard mega x: and :charizard mega y: destroy the team but also being an excellent pivot and defensive pokemon in general, needless to say. :Landorus therian: acts as speed control, revenge killer and ground / electric immunity so as not to lose to volt-turn teams. :Corviknight: is simply the best deffoger in this meta and I wanted a check for :tapu lele:, :kartana: and SD grounds like :garchomp: :landorus therian: :excadrill:

:tapu koko: u turn variants and specs are very difficult to defeat, you need to limit his entries. :rillaboom: can take a hit and knock out with grassy glide and :magnezone: can be a "check".
:heatran: kill him as fast as you can, :diancie: tanks one earth power and knock him out back. You can put shed shell on the :toxapex: to improve this matchup
:gliscor: sd is dangerous but :corviknight: can handle, in addition to rillaboom 2hkoing with wood hammer.

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
RILLAKOKO BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Rillaboom: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Slowbro: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Camerupt-Mega:

Bit of a weird team today but I wanted to try something different

:Rillaboom: :Tapu Koko: Seeing as RillaZone was the obvious core, I decided to try pairing Rilla with another Electric in Specs Koko. While it doesn't trap Corv/Ferro like Zone, it still provides the same kind of Flying type kiling support that Rilla loves. Not only that, but it also acts as a nice form of speed control AND it lures in the bulky Grounds that Rilla preys on like Drill, Gliscor, and Lando. I've gone with double pivot Koko over HP Ice to guarantee momentum and because I have Ice coverage elsewhere.

:slowbro: Initially this was FS Slowking but after reviewing the team and getting feedback I realized that Ice Beam Bro was just a better fit thanks to its ability to deal with the SD Grounds defensively as well as the likes of Medicham and Lopunny which King struggles with. It also provides the same Teleport support King does, letting the likes of Koko and Rilla come in easily, and even benefitting from Rilla's terrain. If you want you can go FS over Beam for greater breaking but Beam is better here imo.

:Kommo-o: After changing to Bro, Kommo-o seemed like a natural fit for the team, not only filling King's role of checking Tran, but also serving as an Ash Gren check, Zapdos check, rocker, Zard-Y and Volc check (thanks to Rock Slide), and soft Kartana check. EVs creep defensive Tran and Rock Slide is here to check the aforementioned Fires, though if you go FS on Bro, Ice Punch can be slotted over Rock Slide for Grounds.

:Corviknight: Spdef Corviknight serves as the team's defogger, Ground immune, Kyurem and Lele check, and yet another form of momentum. I've gone with spdef over Physdef to solidify the aforementioned matchups, albeit it does make the likes of Kartana and Lopunny more threatening to it. Rest of the set is standard

:Camerupt-Mega: Figuring out the last slot for this team was tough, since it needed to do a lot. Luckily for me, Mega Camel actually manages to do all those things and then some? Ground type that isn't negatively affected by terrain? Check. Secondary way to break Pex and way to break the Grasses that annoy KokoBoom? Check. Koko check that doesn't fear HP Ice? Check. Mega Camel does all of those things and then some, since thanks to Nature Power it can abuse both terrains to threaten the likes of Slowking and other bulky Waters that would try to pivot on it. Toxic as a last move even lets it threaten Mega Latias, which otherwise stops it and annoys the rest of the team. The given spread lets it creep Pex while maximizing its power and bulk

:Kartana: A well played Kartana can be extremely dangerous, especially if Kommo-o and Corv are chipped. However, it cannot come in hard on anything but Corv Defog without being heavily chipped or pivoted on

:Greninja-Ash: Ash Gren can pressure the team hard since Kommo-o is the primary counterplay. However as long as it's healthy Gren does nothing and even if it dies, Rilla can revenge.

:Sableye-Mega: I have no idea what I do vs Stall here

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for helping me make the team and giving me feedback and thank y'all for reading!

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Voting is now.

Team A by Heheus
Rillaboom+Magnezone+Hawlucha
:ss/rillaboom::ss/hawlucha::sm/magnezone::ss/gastrodon::ss/corviknight::sm/tyranitar-mega:
https://pokepast.es/661cce14ad7a333a

This team is built around rillalucha+magnezone.So rillalucha is just rillalucha where lucha gets the unburden boost and can clean teams. Magnezone is here because haha funny rillazone and deletes corv and pex in one slot. So thats what the team is built around. Gastrodon is here for a lot of reasons. 1 is koko check, 2 is agren check, 3 is tran check and offensive fire types in general. I have corv here as to make rilla mu better and as a defogger. Mttar as final slot for mainly mlatias and setting up rocks. So yeah thats it.

:charizard-mega-y: so zardy legit destroys this team you only have mttar for it so just try keeping mttar healthy one thing you can do is switch in gastro on zardy and force it to click solar beam then go mttar and itll be stuck in solar beam and then you can kill with edge.
I had a lot of fun building RillaLucha since i like building around hawlucha cores.So anyway thats it thank you for looking at this team and have a good day

(team was edited btw https://pokepast.es/82bf328f98251d44 this is original one)

Team B by tf
Rilla+Normalium Z Kartana

>>>>> the team <<<<<
:rillaboom: + :kartana: The team is built around rillaboom. I don't really like to play HO, so I wanted to do a BO. I use Normalium Z Kart to remove things like zapdos
:magnezone: I'll explain the spread after, but it obviously removes Corviknight, banded/bulky/z Kartana...
:lopunny-mega: u-turn on slowbro/clef... to have the momentum, good revenge killer
:blissey: + :zapdos: wanted to have: an ashgren check, a kyurem check, a rock setter, a ground immunity, and a kartana switch-in

:magnezone: +2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 248-292 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (you can run the classic spread if you want)
s/o my bad english for the text and nowno for helping me on this build

Team C by Pubo
ZoneBoomer + Mega Diamond

:rillaboom: :magnezone: :diancie mega: :corviknight: :landorus therian: :toxapex:

So the team is focused on the offensive core of :magnezone: and :rillaboom:, which have a fantastic synergy because zone can trap :corviknight:, :skarmory: and cause a lot of damage in :zapdos: without heat wave making boomer win the battles. I was using specs but z steel beam is very good, there was a lack of a z user in the team so that's it. :Rillaboom: set is the common, knock off removes boots, u-turn to pivot to the :magnezone: and grassy glide as an important priority. I wanted a rock setter so I put :diancie mega: that has great synergy with :magnezone: and :rillaboom:, since grassy terrain weakens earthquake and gives it a way of recovery. :Diancie mega: also presses :zapdos: and both :charizard mega x: and :charizard mega y: that are still difficult to deal with. :Toxapex: is next because :charizard mega x: and :charizard mega y: destroy the team but also being an excellent pivot and defensive pokemon in general, needless to say. :Landorus therian: acts as speed control, revenge killer and ground / electric immunity so as not to lose to volt-turn teams. :Corviknight: is simply the best deffoger in this meta and I wanted a check for :tapu lele:, :kartana: and SD grounds like :garchomp: :landorus therian: :excadrill:

:tapu koko: u turn variants and specs are very difficult to defeat, you need to limit his entries. :rillaboom: can take a hit and knock out with grassy glide and :magnezone: can be a "check".
:heatran: kill him as fast as you can, :diancie: tanks one earth power and knock him out back. You can put shed shell on the :toxapex: to improve this matchup
:gliscor: sd is dangerous but :corviknight: can handle, in addition to rillaboom 2hkoing with wood hammer.

Team D by NuttyRabbit
RILLAKOKO BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Rillaboom: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Slowbro: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Camerupt-Mega:

Bit of a weird team today but I wanted to try something different

:Rillaboom: :Tapu Koko: Seeing as RillaZone was the obvious core, I decided to try pairing Rilla with another Electric in Specs Koko. While it doesn't trap Corv/Ferro like Zone, it still provides the same kind of Flying type kiling support that Rilla loves. Not only that, but it also acts as a nice form of speed control AND it lures in the bulky Grounds that Rilla preys on like Drill, Gliscor, and Lando. I've gone with double pivot Koko over HP Ice to guarantee momentum and because I have Ice coverage elsewhere.

:slowbro: Initially this was FS Slowking but after reviewing the team and getting feedback I realized that Ice Beam Bro was just a better fit thanks to its ability to deal with the SD Grounds defensively as well as the likes of Medicham and Lopunny which King struggles with. It also provides the same Teleport support King does, letting the likes of Koko and Rilla come in easily, and even benefitting from Rilla's terrain. If you want you can go FS over Beam for greater breaking but Beam is better here imo.

:Kommo-o: After changing to Bro, Kommo-o seemed like a natural fit for the team, not only filling King's role of checking Tran, but also serving as an Ash Gren check, Zapdos check, rocker, Zard-Y and Volc check (thanks to Rock Slide), and soft Kartana check. EVs creep defensive Tran and Rock Slide is here to check the aforementioned Fires, though if you go FS on Bro, Ice Punch can be slotted over Rock Slide for Grounds.

:Corviknight: Spdef Corviknight serves as the team's defogger, Ground immune, Kyurem and Lele check, and yet another form of momentum. I've gone with spdef over Physdef to solidify the aforementioned matchups, albeit it does make the likes of Kartana and Lopunny more threatening to it. Rest of the set is standard

:Camerupt-Mega: Figuring out the last slot for this team was tough, since it needed to do a lot. Luckily for me, Mega Camel actually manages to do all those things and then some? Ground type that isn't negatively affected by terrain? Check. Secondary way to break Pex and way to break the Grasses that annoy KokoBoom? Check. Koko check that doesn't fear HP Ice? Check. Mega Camel does all of those things and then some, since thanks to Nature Power it can abuse both terrains to threaten the likes of Slowking and other bulky Waters that would try to pivot on it. Toxic as a last move even lets it threaten Mega Latias, which otherwise stops it and annoys the rest of the team. The given spread lets it creep Pex while maximizing its power and bulk

:Kartana: A well played Kartana can be extremely dangerous, especially if Kommo-o and Corv are chipped. However, it cannot come in hard on anything but Corv Defog without being heavily chipped or pivoted on

:Greninja-Ash: Ash Gren can pressure the team hard since Kommo-o is the primary counterplay. However as long as it's healthy Gren does nothing and even if it dies, Rilla can revenge.

:Sableye-Mega: I have no idea what I do vs Stall here

Shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for helping me make the team and giving me feedback and thank y'all for reading!
Deadline will be Monday 24th at 11:59pm GMT.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
BANDED WEAVILE + Z-ROTOM BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Weavile: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Mawile-Mega:
Click on the team above for the paste

Okay so I came up with the concept for this team in like 5 min but it took me just a bit longer to really iron it out.

:Weavile: :Rotom-Wash: When I was thinking of stuff to pair with Weavile, I wanted to try something unique, and that's when I came up with the idea for Z Rotom-Wash. Now, it isn't unusual to see Rotom paired with Weavile since Rotom lures in the kind of stuff that Weavile likes to trap, Rotom burns Weav answers, all that good stuff. However, the jist of this set was something different. Instead of just using it as a way to get Weavile in safely, I wanted to take advantage of Rotom's wallbreaking power. Combining its new Nasty Plot with Waterium Z, Rotom turns from a pivot into an out and out wallbreaker, being able to heavily chip if not outright eliminate Weavile's common answers at +2 such as Mega Scizor (+2 Z OHKOs), Ferrothron (+2 Hydro into Z-Hydro has a low chance to kill but leaves it extremely low especially w/o Leech), Corviknight (+2 Volt OHKOs as does Hydro Vortex, and even neutral hits do a ton to even Spdef variants), Heatran (dies to Hydro/Hydro Vortex), Skarmory, Tapu Fini, and the list goes on. In turn, Weavile can trap and eliminate the few things that stop this Rotom. Rotom's spread lets it creep Tran creepers while maximizing its power and bulk. Pain Split is here to make sure Rotom can just 1v1 Blissey and stick around for as long as possible

:Kommo-o: Kommo-o gives the team a sturdy Ash Gren/Tran/Mega T-tar/Zapdos/Zard-Y check whilst also providing Rocks and a soft check to Kartana/Lopunny. I've chosen to go Rock Slide last to ensure the Volc and Zard MUs but you can go EQ to be even better vs Tran. Spread is standard stuff

:Corviknight: Corviknight's here to provide another check to Lopunny/Kartana as well as stuff like Clef, Kyurem, and Tapu LEle. I've chosen to go more Spdef here since I fee that Kyurem and LEle are the bigger threats, though you can go more physdef with Press>Bird to better handle Kartanas. Rest of the set and spread are standard stuff, and it serves as yet another way to get Weavile and/or Rotom in, especially since it lures in the Steels that Rotom eats alive

:Landorus-Therian: Lando-T compresses a ton of roles for this team, giving it not only yet another Ground immunity, but a Volt immunity, Koko answer, fast pivot, Lopunny check, Kartana check, and just general cleaner/pivot into physical attackers. The spread lets it take on Kart better, as does last move HP Fire to ensure the KO on it and also pressure Mega Scizor better. Naive>Jolly to ensure HP Fire's power though Jolly can frankly work too. You can also go Explosion or Punishment over HP Fire to do better vs Reuni/Lati builds or vs Lucha but imo this is not necessary. Like Corv, it also lures in the kind of stuff Rotom preys upon, though it also lures in other Grounds on occasion to be cleaned up by Weavile.

:Mawile-Mega: Mawile rounds out the team and frankly is here because I couldn't think of much else. Maw frankly abuses everything on this team, from the pivoting that Rotom, Lando, and Corv provide, to Rotom's ability to break fat Steels to Weavile's pursuit trapping, Mawile loves all of it, and in turn provides the team with not only additional initial Intimidate support, but a secondary Dark resist and physical breaker that doesn't give a shit about the fat Fairies that annoy Weavile (and Kommo-o though that's a bit less important). The set and spread are normal and while you can go Fire Fang> Knock or Sucker, imo it just makes the set less efficient. Also the team really likes Sucker since Sucker+ Shard gives us really solid Chomp checking abilities.

:Swampert-Mega: Rain can be annoying since Rotom is heavily pressured as is Kommo-o, but Rotom can also force major progress in Rain, Weavile claims a kill every time it gets a free in once Ferro is chipped, Lando can pivot around, and even Kommo-o can fire off Toxics. It's a tough MU but it is doable

:Weavile: Opposing Weaviles can be annoying since Corv is Spdef and the Dark/Ice resists get chipped quickly. But also Weavile gets no free ins vs the team and can be danced around pretty well

:Lopunny-Mega: Mega Lopunny has no solid counter on the team, just a bunch of checks and if you're not careful it can run away with things. That being said like Weavile it doesn't really get free ins and Lando can revenge if need be.

:Rillaboom: Corv is Spdef so SD Rilla can be scary if it really gets going, but it can be managed between Mawile, Weavile, and Kommo-o

Shoutouts to TheWeirdGastrodon for helping me with the initial draft, shoutouts to the Natdex Discord for being cool, and thank you all for taking the time to read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)