• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
ZONE Z STEEL SUB + 5 ABUSERS

:ss/magnezone::ss/rillaboom::ss/scizor-mega::ss/tapu fini::ss/nihilego::ss/landorus-therian:

Here's the second version of the team I wanted to use against FC during NDPL
So i've started with Magnezone as my main thread in this build. Sub Z-Steel is actually quite broken, it allow it to make another kill after he trap smth like Ferrothorn thank to the Z.
I needed some volt-turn then, so i've choose Rillaboom, who's quite underated in NDOU imo. RillaZone is just a very classic core, so i dont think i have to explain why it's broken.
I've slapped Zor, as Zor is an excellent wincond alongside Rillaboom. They both share the same checks. Zor also help patching Weavile/Lop/Lele and psychic MU in general, and finally give me another priority which is quite nice when you verse HO.
Then Lando was mandatory. Free volt-turn, a good defensive pivot and foger, and also an elec immunity. The spread help against Volcarona and Yard, he can be a one time check for both of them, if Nihilego dies earlier than expected because u needed to break w it, here's the calc :
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian: 282-333 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian in Sun: 261-307 (68.5 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian in Sun: 321-378 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
He also does have 30 IVs in speed to always lose the speed tie against others lando's set and always having momentum w U-Turn.
This fini set is kinda weird but it's actually a p nice set. CM Stored help against stall team, as u can shut down easily CM Clef and also beat him thanks to stored. It also help against Pex and it enjoy a lot Zone's ability to remove stuffs like ferro/zor.
Finally a quite unusual pick, Nihilego. In the original team, it was a T-Spike setter w Black Sludge, but as it dont really appreciate Zone support, it messed up w Fini's Terrain and since Zone is supposed to be the star on this build, i've just slapped a LO Set with rocks, as my team appreciate his ability to RK Chomp and also get rid of most popular ground type.
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 354-416 (99.1 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 354-416 (99.1 - 116.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 380-452 (106.4 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 244 SpD Gliscor: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This team has some bads MUs, Punny could be rough at long term and stack is also rude if you can't fog. Rain is also quite weird, as you have ways to break Zapdos but u dont have any ways to deal defensively w Pert.
You could also play Black Sludge Nihi or MBeam Nihi, in this case u need to put rocks on lando (or dont play w rocks, prob what i'll recommend, as Ferro can easily setup spikes after u trap it).

1632260085464.png1632260154123.png1632260122997.png1632260179722.png1632260301835.png1632270585499.png

Well, the main question you got to ask yourself when you build a team around magnezone is (at least for me) "What does magnezone do for this team?" It helps eliminate Corvknight, Mega-Scizor, and Ferrothorn. Why those pokemon? Well my team really struggles to break especially mega-scizor and corviknight as weavile and mega-gardevoir's attacks get roosted off. Magnezone also threatens corviknight who wants to remove stealth rocks from the field which really helps mega-gardevoir and weavile break pokemon like toxapex, tapu fini, and corviknight. Magnezone is also not completely dead weight without a steel to trap, as it can use its volt switch to pivot in the breakers and make landorus-t or garchomp think again before coming in to absorb volt switches unless flash cannon is something they want to take.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting stage!
Team 1 by DracoMeteor Ok !
:Magnezone: :latios-mega: :garchomp: :melmetal: :Landorus-therian: :tapu-fini:https://pokepast.es/79bfa863edd433d5

Ok so, building around magnezone, the man fits in a lot of teams i could just get a BO or Balance, but i came up with dragmag in my country dragmag has 1 magnezone and 5 other dragons with 2 being scarfed!

:sm/magnezone: :sm/latios:first of all, the magnezone itself and i put a mtios cause it likes the steel birbs + msciz gone

:Sm/Garchomp: chomp is basically here cause i wanted a rocker, and LO mixed chomp wins corvi witch can evade it u-turning infinitelly in my magnezone

:Sm/melmetal: melm wins the fairys that abuse the team + weavile i COULD put a corvi witch also has defog, but melm benefits from the same being gone too,clicking unresisted dibs/superpowers

:Sm/Landorus-therian: Fly Z lando also benefits from corvi being gone, and beats mchomp at full healh

:sm/tapu-fini: beats agren, witch SMOKES the team clicking dp 5 times, so yeah
Team 2 by Ryuji-Sempai !
ZONE Z STEEL SUB + 5 ABUSERS

:ss/magnezone::ss/rillaboom::ss/scizor-mega::ss/tapu fini::ss/nihilego::ss/landorus-therian:

Here's the second version of the team I wanted to use against FC during NDPL
So i've started with Magnezone as my main thread in this build. Sub Z-Steel is actually quite broken, it allow it to make another kill after he trap smth like Ferrothorn thank to the Z.
I needed some volt-turn then, so i've choose Rillaboom, who's quite underated in NDOU imo. RillaZone is just a very classic core, so i dont think i have to explain why it's broken.
I've slapped Zor, as Zor is an excellent wincond alongside Rillaboom. They both share the same checks. Zor also help patching Weavile/Lop/Lele and psychic MU in general, and finally give me another priority which is quite nice when you verse HO.
Then Lando was mandatory. Free volt-turn, a good defensive pivot and foger, and also an elec immunity. The spread help against Volcarona and Yard, he can be a one time check for both of them, if Nihilego dies earlier than expected because u needed to break w it, here's the calc :
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian: 282-333 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian in Sun: 261-307 (68.5 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Landorus-Therian in Sun: 321-378 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
He also does have 30 IVs in speed to always lose the speed tie against others lando's set and always having momentum w U-Turn.
This fini set is kinda weird but it's actually a p nice set. CM Stored help against stall team, as u can shut down easily CM Clef and also beat him thanks to stored. It also help against Pex and it enjoy a lot Zone's ability to remove stuffs like ferro/zor.
Finally a quite unusual pick, Nihilego. In the original team, it was a T-Spike setter w Black Sludge, but as it dont really appreciate Zone support, it messed up w Fini's Terrain and since Zone is supposed to be the star on this build, i've just slapped a LO Set with rocks, as my team appreciate his ability to RK Chomp and also get rid of most popular ground type.
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 354-416 (99.1 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 354-416 (99.1 - 116.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 380-452 (106.4 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Nihilego Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 244 SpD Gliscor: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This team has some bads MUs, Punny could be rough at long term and stack is also rude if you can't fog. Rain is also quite weird, as you have ways to break Zapdos but u dont have any ways to deal defensively w Pert.
You could also play Black Sludge Nihi or MBeam Nihi, in this case u need to put rocks on lando (or dont play w rocks, prob what i'll recommend, as Ferro can easily setup spikes after u trap it).
Team 3 by HydreigonTheChild !
1632260085464.png1632260154123.png1632260122997.png1632260179722.png1632260301835.png1632270585499.png

Well, the main question you got to ask yourself when you build a team around magnezone is (at least for me) "What does magnezone do for this team?" It helps eliminate Corvknight, Mega-Scizor, and Ferrothorn. Why those pokemon? Well my team really struggles to break especially mega-scizor and corviknight as weavile and mega-gardevoir's attacks get roosted off. Magnezone also threatens corviknight who wants to remove stealth rocks from the field which really helps mega-gardevoir and weavile break pokemon like toxapex, tapu fini, and corviknight. Magnezone is also not completely dead weight without a steel to trap, as it can use its volt switch to pivot in the breakers and make landorus-t or garchomp think again before coming in to absorb volt switches unless flash cannon is something they want to take.
Voting ends tomorrow, vote for your favourite team!

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Azumarill HO
:azumarill: :volcarona: :rillaboom: :thundurus-therian: :mawile-mega: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/5d8d0ffa5c688bc1
After getting cheesed by some Azumarills on the ladder, i realised that mon legit 6-0es certain builds, so i decided to give it a try. That team also has a quite decent Webs matchup, which is interesting for an HO team. Using that team was lot of fun, and Azumarill felt as good in testing than it was in theory : sometimes getting pretty bad matchups for sure, but also sometimes just immediately winning on preview.
:azumarill: I decided to include Azumarill in a HO team, which could be the most appropriate archetype for a cheese mon like this one. It also has quite an interesting defensive typing, allowing it to check Ash-Greninja. I went for Sitrus Berry over Normalium because HO usually has far better Z moves abusers, and being able to Z belly drum didn't sound very valuable to me.
:volcarona: This mon looked nice alongside Azu ; not only Volc could capitalize on Azumarill early game wallbreaking (Even pex dies to it lol: +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 273-322 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO, and Pex is almost never full physdef nowadays), but it can also find setup opportunities against some of Azumarill revenge killers, such as Kyurem, choice locked Kartana or Rillaboom, or even Mega-Latios.
:rillaboom: Completing the water-fire-grass core, Rillaboom provides a nice form of speed control in Grassy Glide and a way to immediately threaten some stuff like grounds or fini. It's also a good mon in general in HO, so it was quite a natural addition to the team.
:thundurus-therian: Stall MU didn't look great so far, so i decided to take a dedicated stallbreaker in Thundurus-T. It fits nicely here, providing a way to immediately threaten and take advantage of Pex and Zapdos. Electric and ground immunities also are always nice to have.
:mawile-mega: Honestly i don't remember exactly why i put that here lol (i built that team some time ago), but my guess is that having a steel was nice, team was a bit too reliant on Azumarill to beat certain M-Latias builds (Thundurus can't beat M-Latias), and some more speed control thanks to Sucker Punch. It also kinda switches into Weavile, and synergises well with Grassy Terrain removing its EQ weakness. TPunch because Pex is more annoying than tran and ferro for this build.
:landorus-therian: lol click rocks and explode

ezra

i NEVER lie
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending National Dex Circuit Champion
Mega-Garchomp + Z-Gyarados HO
:excadrill: :tapu-lele: :volcarona: :serperior: :garchomp-mega: :gyarados:
Use and win.

This hyper offense team was built around the core of MChomp + Z-Fly Gyarados, with Gyara removing bulky grasses for chomp as well as appreciating chomp breaking early game and weakening steels. Due, to Gyara being rocks spin drill was chosen to deny rocks to support Gyarados, as well as provide rocks of our own. Hp ground orb Volc + Serp + scarf Lele is a threatening offensive combo, with Volc removing Heatran as well as breaking Chansey/Blissey for the two, and Serp cleaning after Heatran is gone, as well as forcing out waters that threaten Volc. Scarf Lele cleans after the team has broken, appreciating its team members wearing down steels for it to freely click its stabs.

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/skarmory: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini:

This team is fairly straightforward, it is a very offensive hazard stack, utilising Fly Z + Smack Lando T to break down teams, and SD Weavile + MLop to clean. The heavy hazard pressure lets these 2 quickly dispose of bulkier teams. Gking Skarm and Fini form the standard defensive core, this team can be overrun by opposing hazards but it can be dealt with by winning first. Fini can be Defog if you feel its an issue, however currently its WPool to remove Pex for Weavile + MLop.

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
Terrain Pulse Diancie:

:diancie-mega: :tapu-koko: :tapu-bulu: :corviknight: :seismitoad: :victini:

This team was built around the concept that mega diancie, with terrain pulse, breaks past its more reliable switchins, doing massive damage to corv and pex in electric terrain without having to predict and lure in hippowdon and gastrodon in grassy terrain. Tapu koko and bulu also provide their own utility, with koko being speed control and bulu being the main ash gren check. Corviknight is the teams defogger with max defense and rocky helmet in order to not lose to weavile as much. Seismitoad is the teams rocker, volt blocker and heatran check in one slot. Finally victini was added to check the psychics, especially latias and provide a more consistent way of threatening ferrothorn and scizor.

adem

her
Voting stage!!!

Team 1 by R8 !
Azumarill HO
:azumarill: :volcarona: :rillaboom: :thundurus-therian: :mawile-mega: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/5d8d0ffa5c688bc1
After getting cheesed by some Azumarills on the ladder, i realised that mon legit 6-0es certain builds, so i decided to give it a try. That team also has a quite decent Webs matchup, which is interesting for an HO team. Using that team was lot of fun, and Azumarill felt as good in testing than it was in theory : sometimes getting pretty bad matchups for sure, but also sometimes just immediately winning on preview.
:azumarill: I decided to include Azumarill in a HO team, which could be the most appropriate archetype for a cheese mon like this one. It also has quite an interesting defensive typing, allowing it to check Ash-Greninja. I went for Sitrus Berry over Normalium because HO usually has far better Z moves abusers, and being able to Z belly drum didn't sound very valuable to me.
:volcarona: This mon looked nice alongside Azu ; not only Volc could capitalize on Azumarill early game wallbreaking (Even pex dies to it lol: +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 273-322 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO, and Pex is almost never full physdef nowadays), but it can also find setup opportunities against some of Azumarill revenge killers, such as Kyurem, choice locked Kartana or Rillaboom, or even Mega-Latios.
:rillaboom: Completing the water-fire-grass core, Rillaboom provides a nice form of speed control in Grassy Glide and a way to immediately threaten some stuff like grounds or fini. It's also a good mon in general in HO, so it was quite a natural addition to the team.
:thundurus-therian: Stall MU didn't look great so far, so i decided to take a dedicated stallbreaker in Thundurus-T. It fits nicely here, providing a way to immediately threaten and take advantage of Pex and Zapdos. Electric and ground immunities also are always nice to have.
:mawile-mega: Honestly i don't remember exactly why i put that here lol (i built that team some time ago), but my guess is that having a steel was nice, team was a bit too reliant on Azumarill to beat certain M-Latias builds (Thundurus can't beat M-Latias), and some more speed control thanks to Sucker Punch. It also kinda switches into Weavile, and synergises well with Grassy Terrain removing its EQ weakness. TPunch because Pex is more annoying than tran and ferro for this build.
:landorus-therian: lol click rocks and explode
Team 2 by NVK !
Mega-Garchomp + Z-Gyarados HO
:excadrill: :tapu-lele: :volcarona: :serperior: :garchomp-mega: :gyarados:
Use and win.

This hyper offense team was built around the core of MChomp + Z-Fly Gyarados, with Gyara removing bulky grasses for chomp as well as appreciating chomp breaking early game and weakening steels. Due, to Gyara being rocks spin drill was chosen to deny rocks to support Gyarados, as well as provide rocks of our own. Hp ground orb Volc + Serp + scarf Lele is a threatening offensive combo, with Volc removing Heatran as well as breaking Chansey/Blissey for the two, and Serp cleaning after Heatran is gone, as well as forcing out waters that threaten Volc. Scarf Lele cleans after the team has broken, appreciating its team members wearing down steels for it to freely click its stabs.
Team 3 by me !
:ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/skarmory: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini:

This team is fairly straightforward, it is a very offensive hazard stack, utilising Fly Z + Smack Lando T to break down teams, and SD Weavile + MLop to clean. The heavy hazard pressure lets these 2 quickly dispose of bulkier teams. Gking Skarm and Fini form the standard defensive core, this team can be overrun by opposing hazards but it can be dealt with by winning first. Fini can be Defog if you feel its an issue, however currently its WPool to remove Pex for Weavile + MLop.
Team 4 by ChrisPBacon !
Terrain Pulse Diancie:

:diancie-mega: :tapu-koko: :tapu-bulu: :corviknight: :seismitoad: :victini:

This team was built around the concept that mega diancie, with terrain pulse, breaks past its more reliable switchins, doing massive damage to corv and pex in electric terrain without having to predict and lure in hippowdon and gastrodon in grassy terrain. Tapu koko and bulu also provide their own utility, with koko being speed control and bulu being the main ash gren check. Corviknight is the teams defogger with max defense and rocky helmet in order to not lose to weavile as much. Seismitoad is the teams rocker, volt blocker and heatran check in one slot. Finally victini was added to check the psychics, especially latias and provide a more consistent way of threatening ferrothorn and scizor.
Voting stage ends tonight!

Koko Heatran MMedi hstack
:Medicham_Mega: :Gliscor::Tapu_Koko: :Ferrothorn: :Heatran: :Toxapex:
The paste

Recently I've come to love Steelium Heatran, it almost always puts in work and is extremely hard to switch into. In combination with specs Koko and Mega Medicham and the Heatran, you will be breaking any defensive core on the planet.
Speaking of defensive cores, we got the Gliscor Toxapex Ferro trio. This core is pretty strong, its got a pretty fast defog gliscor to keep your team healthy and also got spikes ferro for hstack along side rocks heatran. This team with hazards makes people give up mons every other turn as long as you keep some momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)