Natu [QC: 0 /3 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]
*Natu is able to utilized a screen setting sets thanks to its good Speed Tier and access to U-turn.
*Its Magic Bounce ability aids Natu to discourage the use of status move and entry hazard from Pokemon such as Ferroseed against it, and allows it to keep screens up against Defog users such as Vullaby and Timburr.
*Its mediocre bulk and poor defensive typing leaves it vulnerable to Pokemon like Onix and Pawniard that can hit Natu super-effectively, which make it harder to properly utilize Magic Bounce.

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Psychic
item: Light Clay
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Timid
evs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
* Reflect and Light Screen are used to support its teammates.
* U-turn is used to pivot out on predicted switch-ins or after it has done its job and bring its teammates.
* Psychic prevents it from being too passive and hits Timburr and Mareanie super-effectively.

Set Details
========
*Maximum Speed investment lets Natu reach 17 Speed, which allow it to outspeed Pokemon such as Pawniard and Dwebble in order to quickly get a screen up.
*Investing on bulk grant it a little bit of survivability to perform its job, with 116 HP and 76 Def let it almost always survive a Knock Off from Vullaby and Pawniard after Stealth Rock and Reflect.
*Magic Bounce to deter moves such as Stealth Rock as well as preventing Defog from removing screens while setting up.
*Light Clay is used to extend the duration of Reflect and Light Screen, giving set-up sweepers more opportunities to set-up.

Usage Tips
========
* Natu should set-up screens, then pivot into a set-up sweeper with U-turn or Teleport.
* Bring Natu on an expected status moves, but be careful about incoming attacks.

Team Options
========
* This set fits on Hyper Offense team that wants a screen setter.
* Set-up sweeper such as Shellder and Nasty Plot Vullaby benefits from screens support Natu provides, granting them more set-up opportunities.
* Hazard support from Pokemon such as Onix and Dwebble can aid set-up sweepers to wear down opposing Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
* A Life Orb set with Psychic, Heat Wave, U-turn, and either Dazzling Gleam or Substitute can be used as an offensive attacker, but it faces competition from Ponyta-Galar as an offensive Psychic attacker due to its higher speed, possessing a same special attack stat and type coverage move, and lack of Stealth Rock weakness.
* Teleport can be used as an alternative option over U-turn to bring its teammates more safely.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Dark-types**: Pawniard and Vullaby are immune to Psychic, and can threaten Natu with their Dark-type moves.

**Rock-types**: While they can't set up Stealth Rock against Natu, Rock-types such as Onix and Dwebble can threaten Natu with a Rock-type move; the former can also Speed tie with Natu.

**Faster Pokemon**:Ponyta and Choice Scarf users such as Farfetch'd-Galar can revenge kill Natu with their strong attacks or coverage moves or heavily damage it to the point it is limited to setting up one screen.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ Roldski32, 447650]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:
This is ready for QC, i think...
I got a little bit of struggle of how i should mention Life Orb set, and I was originally planning to put it on OO considering Ponyta-Galar's viability as a Psychic-type attacker.

AM check add what you agree on.

Reflect, Light Screen
I would shorten this to screens.

Its Magic Bounce ability allows Natu to discourage the use of status move against it, and allows it to keep screens up against Defog user.
Where is the fact that Natu can bounce back hazards from mons like Ferroseed? Also mention Defoggers such as Vullaby and Timburr.

Mediocre bulk and poor defensive typing, including a weakness to Rock and Dark types, which make it harder to properly utilize Magic Bounce and often loses against common rock setter.
The weakness part is common sense. Instead, say that Natu is vulnerable to common Pokemon like Vullaby, Onix, and Pawniard. Also by Stealth Rock setter, if you mean Onix, there are other hazard stackers like Mareanie and Ferroseed.

Dual Screen
I believe it should be Dual Screens

Reflect and Light Screen are used to support sweepers by reducing the opponent's attacks by half.
You don’t need to explain what dual screens do. You’re not supposed to explain this in the first place.

U-turn to bring sweeper while chipping opponent
This explanation is wrong. U-turn allows Natu to pivot into its teammates to handle its checks.

Magic Bounce to deter the use of status moves such as Stealth Rock as well as preventing Defog from removing screens while setting up.
This is just straight out wrong. First of all Stealth Rock IS NOT even status. By definition, status moves is any move that can directly give opponents status conditions like Toxic and Wisp.

Fits on Hyper Offense team that wants a screen setter
This shouldn’t be in usage tips in the first place. Move this to be your first bullet on team options.

Team Options
========
*Set-up sweeper such as Zigzagoon, Shellder, and Nasty Plot Vullaby benefits from screens support Natu provides, granting them more set-up opportunities.
Your team options are too vague. Zigzagoon isn’t that good in the tier. Replace this with Drilbur. Your team options should include the following:

1. Sweepers
2. Wallbreakers
3. Suicide Leada
4. Checks and Counters to its Checks and Counters (example: What Pokemon can Dark-types?)

Scarf set
Is there any valid explanation on Scarf sets?

KO is not the preferred term. I would say revenge kill is a better option.

Psychic for STAB and prevents it from being too passive.
Don’t explain what STAB moves do. It is already obvious.

Fast Spread to quickly get a screen up.
This explanation is just straight out wrong. Explain what the EVs are for, like what Pokemon do Natu outspeed with this spread?

Light Clay is used to extend the duration of Reflect and Light Screen.
Again, you don’t need to explain what items do. I’d rewrite this to: “Light Clay allows Natu to fully utilize its ability to set up screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 2 of my AM check.

After going through your analysis after my first am check, I realized there are some things you have to change.

Defog user
Like what? Vullaby? Cite examples.

Teleport as an alternative option over U-turn to bring sweeper while keeping them at full
You know teams can’t have full 6 sweepers. I’d change sweepers to teammates. Also since you don’t mention Teleport in your moveset, i would move this to OO

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ImperialGamer517 said:
IMO this needs a major overhaul. Probably you either have no knowledge about Natu or this is your first analysis draft.
Please be respectful and leave these type of statements to the QC team. They should be deciding if an analysis needs a major overhaul.

Here is my AM QC check. I do agree that there are vague statements within the analysis (but that sorta happens when things are still in bullet point format and can be modified): Remove Add Comments
[OVERVIEW]
*With Reflect, Light Screen, U-turn, and its good Speed tier, Natu can effectively utilized a screen setting sets. [Fluff; Highlight its Speed and ability to pivot as the reasons for its usage as a Screens setter]
*Its Magic Bounce ability allows Natu to discourage the use of status move against it, and allows it to keep screens up against Defog user.
*It has decent offensive typing and coverage move in Heat Wave and Dazzling Gleam to become an offensive attacker. [I dont know if this sentence belongs here when the main set is dual screens; maybe All-out Attacker set is warranted?]
*Mediocre bulk and poor defensive typing, including a weakness to Rock and Dark types, leaves it vulnerable to [Add examples] which make it harder to properly utilize Magic Bounce and often loses against common rock setter. [Give examples over generalities; Pokemon that come to mind are Onix, Pawniard, and Vullaby]

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: U-turn / Teleport
move 4: Psychic
item: Light Clay
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Timid
evs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
*Reflect and Light Screen are used to support sweepers by reducing the opponent's attacks by half. [Unnecessary]
*U-turn to bring sweeper while chipping opponent / Add Teleport sentence here
*Psychic for STAB and prevents it from being too passive. [Give examples of some crucial targets that Psychic pressures]
*Teleport as an alternative option over U-turn to bring sweeper while keeping them at full

Set Details
========
*Fast Spread to quickly get a screen up. [Explain why hitting 17 Speed is important, give some examples of foes you want to outspeed]
*Investing on bulk grant it a little bit of survivability to perform its job, with 116 HP and 76 Def let it [almost always survive a Knock Off from Vullaby and Pawniard after Stealth Rock and Reflect.]- Are there better scenarios? With the given set, you outspeed them and can set up screens or U-turn away.
*Magic Bounce to deter the use of status moves such as Stealth Rock as well as preventing Defog from removing screens while setting up. [Reword this.]
*Light Clay is used to extend the duration of Reflect and Light Screen, giving sweepers more opportunities to setup.

Usage Tips
========
*Fits on Hyper Offense team that wants a screen setter - Team options section
*Bring Natu on an expected status moves, but be careful about incoming attacks.
- A sentence on how Natu can set up screens then pivot into a setup sweeper with U-turn or Teleport (general usage tip)
Team Options
========
-The sentence about how it fits on HO teams
*Set-up sweeper such as Zigzagoon, Shellder, and Nasty Plot Vullaby benefits from screens support Natu provides, granting them more set-up opportunities.
- Hazards support to wear down opposing Pokemon for sweepers
- Trapping support to eliminate Pawniard and Onix (this one is for Natu)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
* A Life Orb set with Psychic, Heat Wave, U-turn, and either Dazzling Gleam or Substitute can be used as an offensive attacker, but it faces competition from Ponyta-Galar as an offensive Psychic attacker due to its higher speed, possesses same special attack stat and type coverage move, and lack of Stealth Rock weakness. - IMO this should be its own set with OO mentions such as Giga Drain, Roost, etc. (but let QC decide first)
*Scarf set - Explain what it does

Checks and Counters - This section is currently in a weird spot. The main set only covers Screens with Psychic as the only attack while never discussing any coverage options. Perhaps the All-out Attacker set is warranted?
===================
**Dark-types**: Pawniard and Vullaby are immune to Psychic, and can threaten Natu with their Dark-type moves, but they should be wary of potential coverage move. Heat Wave and Dazzling Gleam respectively
-Added Spacing

**Rock-types**: While they can't set up Stealth Rock against Natu, Rock-types such as Onix and Dwebble (Not relevant) can threaten Natu with Rock-type move such as Rock Blast; the former can also Speed tie with Natu. - Should be wary of coverage (Giga Drain)
-Added Spacing

**Faster Pokemon**: Ponyta and Choice Scarf users (like?) can KO Natu with their strong attacks or coverage moves or heavily damage it to the point it is limited to setting up one screen.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Roldski32, 447650]] - Removed a space here
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
Hope this helped!

Last edited:
I've implemented some of these AMchecks. I apologized that the analysis turns out to be a bit mess, and yes, this is my first time doing a full analysis.

I removed some mentions of offensive set in the analysis, including the coverage move mention from Dark-types in Check and Counter section. I'll reinclude them if Life Orb variants is needed to be in its own set rather than in oo, and will moved the Pony-G competition to Overview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)