Gen 6 Nature Publishing Editorial Group " The Unbreakable Wall" [Peaked PS! #7 & PO #1]

Nature Publishing Editorial Group:
"The Unbreakable Wall"

1539426564736.png

Credits to h_n_g_m_n for this amazing artwork.

Hello Pokémaniacs! Here it is Mirbro :]. Although my name may not be familiar to you, maybe you have met me on the ladder as tirantloblanc in the ORAS OU tier. However, I use other identities in the different tiers. Today I am posting a team which I fell in love with two months ago. How did this come up into my mind? Which is the synergy of the team and how does it work ? For all this answers read this RMT calmly. I will try to make it not only useful to understand the team itself but also to make you have some great time. Each detail of this RMT has been meticulously prepared with extreme delicacy and sweetness. Hope you find it pretty delightful.

During all the RMT I will add some music that I truly think is both amazing and thrilling for each chapter. As a Pokémon lover that I am, I think you will appreciate it because practically all of them are from the soundtrack of different Pokémon generations. Reading + listening this music will synergize and boost your enjoyment. You will find it like this:

Here you have two songs that are the original one and a remix. I love both of them, they transmit me a thrilling moment of adventure and also some tension. These were the songs from GSC games when you entered both Ice Path and the Dark Path. My favourite generation + my favourite soundtrack. It is a gg, Game Freak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nature Publishing Editorial Group "The Unbreakable Wall" [ PS!: Peaked #7; PO: Peaked #1]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I - Preface
  • The Project
  • The Hot Summer
II - Introduction
  • The Team: N.P.E.G
  • The Synergy: Diamond Resistance
III - Results
  • Details: Pokémon sets
  • How to use the team: Replays
  • Peaks
IV - Discussion
  • Weaknesses
  • Suggestions
V - Acknowledgements

VI - Conclusions

Nature Publishing Editorial Group "The Unbreakable Wall" [ PS!: Peaked #7; PO: Peaked #1]

Here you have two songs that are the original one and a remix. These are from Generation 3 and a specific route that, in my opinion, has not been repeated in any other generation. It was weird, enigmatic where you find two uncommon Pokémons like Skarmory (one member of the team) and Spinda. It brings me some thrilling emotions but with an anxiety touch.

I - Preface

• The Hot Summer
Many people love summer. Holidays and opportunities to have some breaks from both work and duties. You can go to the beach or eat a delicious and mind-freezing ice-cream trying to survive the drought that has come just to take your life.

Yes, these words do not come from a summer-lover. I normally appreciate the cold weather with some foggy touch. it calms me down and helps me to wake up with some thrilling emotions. That's the main reason why I needed something to be enrolled during this summer.

Pokémon has been always a great way to reload batteries and use your brain. "Hey dude, did you say use your brain in a videogame?" Yes, competitive Pokémon is a video game in which you need to use your brain if you want to obtain some victories and creating a well-built team. However, you can enjoy the video game itself without having to squeeze your neurons. This is one of the main points of this franchise: distinct type of gamers can find interesting different parts of the same game.

We could define Pokémon as a typical example of Game Theory interplay. Here normally there are two players which have to decide which is the best action to choose. This will be according to the different Pokémons of both teams, the sets you have put on each of the members, development of the match and also the player's experience. Although it seems an easy game, trying to play competitively is complex. This becomes more intricate if you want to understand the network besides it and all the thinking process in which is based the game on. Amazing, isn't it ?

If we were just like machines trying to get the best option always, the game would be pure probabilistic and match-up based. However, the mistakes plus the overpredictions make this game highly entertaining and no practical Nash Equilibria possible (this could allow a long discussion, and if you find it moving and interesting we could do it just in the comment's box :]).

To make a long story short, I needed something that brought me enjoyment during these hot days. While I was watching RMTs in the SM OU forum, I remembered some great RMTs that were done with love and a lot of details. I really enjoyed these ones and I realized that I was always looking for them or checking the new ones in case they were just a 10% of the formers.

Some examples are the RMTs of Essence (Elysium), Lycon (SandStorm Equilibrium) and BanDisnDatnMe ("Baddest of the bad. Just be you"). These teambuilders have not only created good teams but they have written fairytales in each of their RMTs. Reading them you can practically live some parts of their experience when they were creating the team, checking for the cores, testing it, changing everything, feeling sad, discussing with other friends, improving the output and finally getting high in the ladder or just reaching their final goal. And, far beyond of the showcasing a team, a great RMT has to do this: transfer the experience, emotions and the feeling to the reader.

And, of course, this is what I have come to do today.

• The Project

Sooooo creating a team, having success and then writing an amazing RMT, no?

Yes, but there are many different questions that can come from this general one. Which playstyle I want to use? Which is the threshold of success to me? How the RMT will be organised? And last but not least, which tier I want to play?

Here I will introduce a little bit of my background as a Pokémon player. I started with RBY Gen 1. Old school. I loved these games and I had a lot of fun with them. These together with GSC Gen 2 were the ones that made me love this universe. From then, I am an enthusiastic lover and, although sometimes I can just criticise some of the new games that are coming out, I will never get separated from Pokémon. I have had some periods in which I have not played a lot but then I always come back to it. I am practically sure that many of you will recognise this feeling.

I started to play competitively in Pokémon Online software during Gen 6 (that's why I have chosen ORAS OU as the beginning of this journey). I discovered it luckily when I was looking for some software that allowed me to play online without having to breed and train in the in-game. I did not have enough time to do so. Pokémon Online was the first one and it was there where I learn about how to create a team and all EVs, IVs, natures and so on. I was so happy but also annoyed. I did not think that the game I had played for many years (it was in 2014 and I was 21) had this complexity and I had not realised it. So it took me some time to understand everything and improve as a Pokémon trainer.

Some years later Pokémon Online has been absolutely overcome by Pokémon Showdown! which is the software that I use the most. However, I have kept playing in Pokémon Online and for me it will be always special. That's why in this RMT it will be also some laddering there.

Currently I have finished my studies (Biology and Neuroscience) and I am working doing a PhD. I am a person that could define itself as a discussion lover. I like to exchange ideas and try to defend some that I do not agree with. Pushing yourself to do so allows you to see which are the pros and cons of the side that you do not share. I really love to dominate the discussion and trying to confuse the other participants. That's why I chose stall as the main playstyle I wanted to use. Stall normally provokes a great negative emotion to the opponent, confusing it and causing an outrage. And, of course, I enjoy it. But what I really appreciate is when I find an opponent that takes its time and plays according to a strategy. It visualizes which is the road to the victory and how it can beat me. It is not annoyed by playing towards a stall team, it really likes to play against it, because what it loves is just to play. When I lose against someone that has played its cards at best and enjoyed the game, I just feel absolutely excited and try to discuss about something. Because, at the end, I know that this kind of people will be relished with a high quality debate.

Now that we know about the project and why this tier, why was the playstyle pure stall ? " Stall is braindead". I can absolutely discuss this statement because, of course, I do not agree with it. The main part of stall is to create a team that can stop any threat in the meta. And this is not easy. There are many threats and different sets for many Pokémons. A good theoretical stall team has to stop everything. As many of you may know, in practice there is no team that is invincible, thus, there is no stall team that can stop everything. But you can play with the percentage of usage of the threats, some surprise factors and so on. Moreover, when playing a game using a stall team, you must predict very well all the opponent sets and which is the best way to not get overcome by it. It is very easy to put an "automatic sense" and just switch defensively. Sometimes can be successful but in high ladder, you play against competent players that will also predict your movements quite easily if you just play according with the expected. For this reason, stall is not braindead but a complex stall that can be funny if you like to play defensively in general.

In summary, the project consists on playing in different tiers, creating a stall team, peaking high in the ladder and then writing a cool and exciting RMT. The first tier has been ORAS OU but, which one will be the next ? Stay tuned Pokémaniacs!

Violet City was the first city you found in Generation 2. It was the beginning of a long journey (Johto + Kanto) and here you found two amazing things: Bellsprout Tower + First Gym by Falkner. This city just brings always memories of that game, how I enjoyed it. To sum up, the positive energy for the beginning :] like the introduction of this RMT.

II - Introduction

• The Team: N.P.E.G.

What does this acronym stand for? As a scientist and researcher, one of my main goals is to publish scientific articles in some specialized journals. And Nature is one of the most recognized ones. The banner of the team that has been brilliantly created by hnmn shows a modified cover of this journal. N.P.E.G. means Nature Publishing Editorial Group and the pet phrase "The Unbreakable Wall" is just a metaphor. This team is very difficult to deal with due to the fact it can check many Pokémons in the ORAS OU tier. Publishing in Nature is also quite difficult, and many times your article get rejected by its editorial reviewers. Just like a Unbreakable Wall.

• The Synergy: Diamond Resistance

I would define this team as a diamond. It can resist many hits from many different Pokémons although has some weaknesses that I will discuss later. If you want more information about any of the Pokémons listed below, click on them :].

+

I started with this core of two Pokémons: Double Blob. It is a totally unconventional core. But what they do is just stop practically any special attacker Pokémon out in the tier (exceptions: Keldeo and fighting special attackers for example). Many people has told me that using only one was enough. Yes, it could be. Nevermind, with both of them I can put Toxic + Stealth Rocks + Heal Bell + Wish (passing to other Pokémons of the team) in two great defensive Pokémons. In the case one of them get erased, the other just can make up for its loss. Chansey hates being knocked off, but it can take many physical hit. Blissey care less about Knock offs, and although it can not take many physical hits, it can take u-turns and volt-switches and recover HP with leftovers easily before switching.

This core was inspired by a SM OU RMT from one of my friends BanDisnDatnMe.

+ +

Double Blob core can stop many special attackers. However, fighting Pokémons with or without Sacred Sword (attack that uses special attack stat of the user and the physical defence of the opponent) can surpass these two walls --> Keldeo was a great threat. I initially used [Assault Vest]-Tangrowth in this spot. It was quite good and useful many times but also quite passive. The final team using it climbed up until 1450 on the ladder but then it tilted down quite heavily. This Tangrowth set could barely stop Keldeo. For this reason, I exchanged it to Amoonguss. This Pokémon can take some hits of both Keldeo and Serperior. Then, it can reply to them with Giga Drain + Hidden Power Fire + Toxic + Clear Smog. It was physical defensive biased but some EVs were put in the special defence stat.

+ + + +

At that point I had all the special defences that I needed. I had to focus on the physical defensive part. Skarmory + Chansey is one of the most used cores in all the competitive Pokémon history. Although there is no type synergy between them practically, they can stop many physical and special attackers respectively. Moreover, Skarmory can set up Spikes or defog any hazard and it is my ground immunity of the team. I added with it Quagsire obtaining an electric immunity and type synergizing very well with Skarmory. In SM OU Cores I commented and discuss how Skarmsire is a great physical defence core. Just to sum up: Quagsire can take both electric and fire type attacks that Skarmory hates and Skarmory just can stop grass moves detested by Quagsire.

+ + + + +

Finally, I added MSlowbro. This Pokémon before mega-evolving makes a Regenerator Core with Amoonguss. Moreover, they synergize very well too: psychic + fire attacks to Amoonguss can be blocked by MSlowbro and plant + electric attacks loathed by MSlowbro hit smoothly Amoonguss. MSlowbro it is also my stall-breaker if it does not get poisoned. Calm Mind and Scald can hit a lot and together with a great physical defence bulk it can took many hits from both type of attackers. Future Sight is just to put some pressure to the opponent and then switch out taking advantage of the Regenerator ability.

Here we have a song that is not related with Pokémon universe. Bag Raiders - Golden Wings symbolize the greatness and success of this team. Each member has this Golden Wings that allowed them to fly until the final peak. Old but Gold.

III - Results

• Details: Pokémon sets

Cytotoxic T Cell (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Roles: Special Defense Wall + Status Absorber + Cleric + Stealth Rock Setter

Chansey the #1 special defence of the team. This set allows the team to set pretty easily the stealth rocks and also heal any status with Heal Bell. Seismic toss does 100 of HP damage and it is always very nice to obtain some little crunches in the opponent team. Soft-boiled "just" allows it to recover 50% of HP. Chansey can also be used as a status absorber thanks to Natural Cure ability. Chansey will be able to get rid of the status each time it gets switched out. Using extensive switches between Chansey and Blissey allows the team to stall out the status attack PP. Focusing on special attackers, it fears Keldeo a lot. Keldeo can just use Chansey as a bait and then either just throw a Sacred Sword or it can Calm Mind/Substitute expecting the switch-out. Togekiss can be also very annoying, it can stall out its Heal Bells with repeating Thunder Wave and it can also set up a substitute and boost its special attack with Nasty Plot. Then it can try to "paraflinch" Chansey with the combination Serene Grace ability + Air Slash attack.

Helper T Cell (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Roles: Special Defense Wall + Status Absorber + Status Spreading + Wish Passer

Blissey is the #2 special defense of the team. The description is very similar to the Chansey one. Besides using Soft-Boiled and Seismic toss it also has Toxic and Wish. The former is to poison everyone that stays in front of it without taunting or setting a substitute. It also allows to stop quite easily Volcarona before starts the boosting up process. Wish is the last slot to pass some recovery between the different members of the team between switches. [Leftovers]-Blissey is very important to keep it alive when it is used to eat some volt-switches that can be dangerous due to grass type attacks to Quagsire.

Mastocyte (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Toxic

Roles: Damage Absorber (Regenerator) + Status Spreading + Unboosting

Amoonguss is the mixed wall. Although it has better stats for physical defence, it can stop some special attackers that can be very difficult to stop with Chansey + Blissey like Serperior and Keldeo. Giga drain is a stab attack that while Amoonguss recovers some HP it does some damage to the opponent Pokémon. Hidden Power Fire is very useful against other plant Pokémons that can be very difficult to deal with such as Serperior and Ferrothorn but it can also lure some other offensive Pokémons like Scizor. Poison stab Clear smog was chosen to help Quagsire against boosting Pokémons and it is very useful to stop Serperior boosting due to Leaf storms. Finally I decided to put Black sludge as the item to be able to use Toxic on it. Many times the opponent will switch to another plant Pokémon predicting a Spore. Then it is the moment to poison it. This EV spread helps in taking some hits from Keldeo without being afraid of decreasing the defence bulk.

B Cell (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Roles: Physical Defensive Wall + Spikes Setter + Defogger

Skarmory is the #1 defence wall of the team. Steel + Flying is a great type combination and it has been used since GSC OU being a great bump since DPP OU. Defog is used to erase all the hazards from both fields and allowing them the Skarmory to feel free setting its own Spikes. Roost is "just" to recover 50% of HP and Brave bird is a cool stab move that can be used against MPinsir and MMedicham, two Pokémons that can be very threatening, especially the latter. With Sturdy as the ability, if Stealth rocks are not in your field Skarmory can take any hit from MMedicham thanks to Sturdy (at maximum HP can, at least, endure the hit at 1 HP) can revenge kill the MMedicham with Brave bird. [Shed shell]-Skarmory can help it to not being trapped by Magnezone that although it is uncommon in ORAS OU if it traps Skarmory then the team can get many difficulties to get the victory. This is because many times Magnezone is coupled with MPinsir, being Skarmory the main check to it.

Macrophage (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

Roles: Physical Defensive Wall + Unboosting + Status Spreading

Quagsire is the #2 defence wall of the team. Beyond a great physical bulk, Quagsire has Unaware as the ability allowing to not care about the boosts of the opponent. Scald is the stab water move of Quagsire that can get some tasty burns. Recover is "just" to regain 50% of HP. Toxic is just Toxic, really important in a stall team. And finally it has Haze. This attack erases all boosts from the opponent Pokémon. Although it could seem quite irrelevant due to Unaware, in the case Quagsire gets worn down and faints, if it gets a Haze against the opponent Pokémon, the other members of the team will be able to fight.

Natural Killer Cell (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off

Roles: Physical Defensive Wall + Damage Absorber (Regenerator) + Stall-Breaker + Win-Condition

MSlowbro is the stall-breaker of the team but also is a great physical attacker wall. Its ability before mega-evolving is Regenerator, the same as Amoonguss. Both of them when they switch out recover 1/3 of total HP. However, when it mega-evolves loses this ability but gains Shell Armor. This one helps for the stall-breaker role. MSlowbro can set up Calm Minds increasing its special attack and special defence stats. With some boosts, it can take any hit from both special and physical attackers. Then it can use Scald making some damage and fishing for a burn. Future Sight gives a lot of pressure against the other team and Slack off is "just" to recover a 50% of HP. The EVs spreading is very standard. However, if you want to deal some more damage or just to deal better with Heatran, some EVs can be exchanged to special attack or special defence stats.

• How to use the team
In this section I will post some replays in which you can find the way to use the team. You will find a description of the battle (with the keypoints) and you will only need to click on the image to be redirected to the replay :].

1539423916586.png

In this replay you can see how the team deals with 3 common threats for stall teams: Volcarona (vs Chansey), Serperior (vs Amoonguss) and MMedicham (vs MSlowbro).

1539423896098.png

This is a short replay but shows how Amoonguss can take Keldeo's hits protecting both Chansey and Blissey.

1539424146919.png

In this replay against an elegant and competent player as Gabex2.0 you can observe how the team can deal with three Pokémons that are typical stallers: Sableye and the well known core Chansey + Skarmory. Moreover, you can observe the strategy to keep Heatran away.

1539424219803.png

ORAS boy presented a cool team with a good balanced core Magnezone + MDiancie. Many other teams have [Rocky Helmet]-Skarmory. Although this Skarmory's set abuses its bulky in physical defence, it makes Skarmory a Magnezone's bait. However, N.P.E.G.'s set with Shed Shell allows Skarmory not being trapped.

1539424353390.png

JacobAndreasen4 is a cool and experienced player. In this case, it used a team with Swords Dance*Scizor and Nasty Plot*Togekiss, two annoying Pokémons. Although Scizor could be stopped by Skarmory, Togekiss was more difficult to block. Nasty Plot makes the Air Slashes from Togekiss harder to stop and its ability Serene Grace + Air Slash flinching is reality. Be aware and pray for the victory in this match-up.

1539424472733.png

jomausipo brought here a cool team highlighting Breloom and Gengar. These two Pokémons can be very annoying to the N.P.E.G. team. Gengar is difficult to hit and you will need to keep your hazards in the opponent's field. Breloom can be stopped by Amoonguss but with some difficulties.

1539424511353.png

This balanced team denoted a core really annoying for the N.P.E.G. team: Ferrothorn + Heatran. Against Ferrothorn you will need to play around and try to hit with Hidden Power Fire from Amoonguss.

1539424810096.png

Apedingo is a very well known player in ORAS OU. In this case it brought a balanced-offense team. Again, [Shed Shell]-Skarmory was a good choice to avoid being trapped by Magnezone. Kyurem-B is always a great threat for all the stall teams but it was stopped by Chansey (important keeping it alive).

• Peaks
Beyond the peaks in the two different ladders (PS! + PO) this team has had some success in distinct Gen 6 OU room tours: 2 out of 2.

1539425094853.png

1539425173034.png

Sootopolis City. This city from Generation 3 represents the end of a part of the journey. But the melody transmits happiness because you know that and end is jut the beginning for an amazing new one. Both remix and classical are amazing.

IV - Discussion

• Weaknesses

This team can stop many of the threats in the current metagame. However, it is important to mention which Pokémons can provoke some troublesome moments. I will highlight in red the Pokémons that can be very annoying, in orange the moderate ones and in yellow the slight ones.

MHeracross - This stallbreaker + wallbreaker Pokémon is just the nightmare of this team. Pin Missile + Bullet Seed can break MSlowbro and Quagsire easily.. Swords Dance + Close Combat 2HKO Skarmory that is the only way I have to stop it using Brave Bird. Thus, you must keep it alive and no hazards in your field if you want to have a chance against it.

Manaphy - This Pokémon is always a threat in all stall teams. Tail Glow + Rest + Rain Dance is just very troublesome. You must try to poison it with Blissey and play around it with MSlowbro + Amoonguss. However, depending on the set it is practically an autolose.

Heatran - Heatran is a threat if uses Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic set. It can trap Blissey and try to faint it or reduce a lot its HPs to revenge it with the next Pokémon. If you suspect that this is the set of its Heatran, Seismic Toss*Blissey is your choice to run.

Volcarona - This is the sweeper beast moth. With Quiver Dance it sets up +1 in SpD, Speed and SpA. You will need to stop it rapidly with Blissey using Toxic. Then switching between it and Chansey keeping them alive.

MMedicham - Thunder Punch*MMedicham can do a lot to MSlowbro when switching in. Keep away your hazards and try to oversee and predict MMedicham's set.

Gliscor - Gliscor's stallbreaker set is not very dangerous but annoying to deal with. Quagsire can sit down in front of it but it can not do a lot. Try to Haze it and then switch out just to PP stall easier.

Taunt users can be bothersome shutting down the team. Try to play around them wisely. Volt-turn teams can be bothersome too because the only electric immunity the team has is Quagsire that is 4x weakness against grass type attacks. Moreover, switching all the time trying to stop the opposite Pokémons when they do U-turn + Volt-switch can wear this team down. For this match-up it is important to keep the hazards out from your field.

• Suggestions
TDK

As you may probably know, TDK is a greatly experienced player in many different tiers. However, I consider it as one of the top players in ORAS OU. During a conversation that we had, we talked about the current state of the stall playstyle in that tier. Due to the MMawile ban and the greatness of its ability, MSableye was banned decreasing the viability of stall.

At the beginning of Generation 6, Stall teams with MSableye used Shadow Tag-Gothithelle to trap some threats and get rid of them. However, the ban of Shadow Tag pressured a lot the stall playstyle to look for other trappers. ABR showed up a cool stall team featuring Weavile as the Pursuit trapper. This team was pretty consistent and it gave a lot of victories to ABR. Scarf Tyranitar is also another Pokémon that can be used to obtain this rol in the team.

Thus, the final suggestion of TDK was to try to modify the team obtaining a more balanced one and adding a pursuit trapper to get rid of some threats like Latios.

Persephone

Far beyond of being a good friend and a good person, he is a high level player in ORAS OU. It strongly dominates the ladder and I consider him as one of the most skilled players I have ever seen in this tier.

Independently, Persephone reached the same conclusion of TDK. Although Blissey helps Chansey to get Seismic Toss + Soft-boiled + Stealth Rock + Toxic + Heal Bell at the same time, it makes this spot a little bit redundant. Thus, getting down Blissey and adding a pursuit trapper like [Choiced Scarf]-Tyranitar could be very useful to get rid of some threats like: Latios (no defog + no psyshock), Starmie (no rapid spin) and MPinsir (a threat in some extent if Skarmory is weakened before).

Moreover, he proposed some changes in the pre-existing sets:

MSlowbro - Psyshock > Future Sight

Amoonguss - EV spread change being able to take better some hits from Keldeo. Moreover, Toxic could be replaced by Spore if it was needed.

Chansey - Due to the fact that Blissey would be gone, Chansey could take the role of Toxic inducer to both Manaphy and Volcarona.

Quagsire - Waterfall > Scald ; Curse > Haze. This change of the set allows it to help breaking other stall teams and Pokémons like Swords Dance*Gliscor.

Tyranitar - [Choice Scarf]-Tyranitar that could be the rock setter of the team and pursuit trapper. It is important to see which Pokémons of the opponent can be fainted with Tyranitar at the beginning of the match.

V - Acknowledgements

If you have reached that point reading all the text above, you will now that I am Pokémon lover. This game has brought me many moments, the great majority being positive.

I have loved all the different generations I played: since Gen 1 to Gen 7. I enjoyed Gen 6 a lot not only due to the videogame but also because I started to play the competitive part. However, in Gen 7 I did not enjoy the in-game part as much as I did in previous generations. Despite of abandoning this universe I tried to recycle myself playing Pokémon Trading Card Game. I met a community of players that loved the PTCG. In that moment I saw that what I was looking was a community, some people to play with. With that reason I came back to both Pokémon Showdown! and Pokémon Online and signing up to Smogon. Since then I have met many people that love the videogame. And I would like to take advantage of this RMT to thanks them for all the support and all the conversations that we have had.

M - Saps perfectament que per mi ets una persona molt important. No jugues a Pokémon, però segueixes les partides i estàs allà quan ho necessito. El teu suport sempre és importantíssim i essencial. Professionalment sóc on sóc en part perquè et vaig trobar. Aprofito aquest moment per donar-te les gràcies per tot, amic meu.

BanDisnDatnMe - Jo! We met around 10 months ago. We have had a lot of conversations and we tried to build many different teams (some with more or less fortune). However, I have enjoyed all these moments and I appreciate a lot that you trusted me from the beginning. I know, tirantloblanc sounds so cool :P. Hope we can get in touch during many time. Your teams are just amazing and I really like you as a teambuilder. Keep it there, Smogon needs your teams. And, please, do not pressure yourself: artists need freedom.

Karimero - Gracias por tan grande trabajo que haces. Simplemente quiero darte las gracias por aportar calidad e ilusión en lo que haces. Gracias a tus vídeos siempre he mantenido ilusión por este universo y los he usado para inspirarme (como en las canciones :]). Sigue así!

Persephone - Jean, we have not talked a lot, but from the first time I knew we could get on well. I look up to you, I really think you are an amazing ORAS OU player. Hope we can battle again and again and again. Rooting for you always :).

hjkhj - We share one goal that is peaking high with stall teams in different tiers and then doing a RMT. However, while I want to peak just high, your target is the number #1 slot. I cannot discuss your ambition, because you have demonstrated that you are able of this and more. SM RU and SM UU dominated. Which will be the next ? ;) Keep it there the job fam.

M Dragon - Oh, old schoolness itself. Gràcies per aquests moments d'stall pur :). No cal que t' ho digui jo mateix, però et respecto moltíssim com a jugador. Dels millors que hi han hagut, espero poder compartir més moments. Ah, i el teu equip Rain Stall de BW OU és ... impressionant. Una proesa.

Posho - Et va agradar el nickname de tirantloblanc eh ! :) Comparteixo la mateixa idea que ha estat un dels llibres que menys m'han agradat. No obstant, com a satíric que sóc, necessitava posar-me'l. Ens debem una partida ;).

mellowyellowhd - Thanks for sharing always your opinion with me about my teams :) I truly think you are a great player and you will evolve in a greater player in the foreseeable future. Do not worry, you will be between the best.

Aurella - From NY to California. Are you trying to get away from me ? haha. Thanks for the conversations we had and for sharing your awesome Skarmory's set: the Anti-MMawile. However, I have been very unlucky and I normally get paralyzed with T-Punch ... My bad :(. Good Chakras mate!

TDK - Thanks for your help breaking down the team. It was absolutely necessary and I hope we can discuss more teams and strategies :).

h_n_g_m_n - Thanks for the fantastic banner. All my friends and myself were absolutely astonished by it. I think we could not imagine something better. Hope we can work again together :).

Reiga - Thanks for the patience. You did an amazing work for the Dragonite. Cute and comfy, a pure Dragonite :).

Spetial mentions for inspirating me:

BanDisnDatnMe - Again :].

Cookees - Great fan of your teams and you know it. You were one of my three main inspirations for taking up this project and doing this RMT. You showed no mercy and played in a high level SM OU, SM UU, SM RU and SM Ubers.. You just demonstrated how a highly skilled player can understand the metagame rapidly. Good game dude. Hope we can battle someday :).

Essence - You have been one of my inspirations. I told you in the past but thanks for doing some great RMTs. Elysium was the main inspiration for me to take this project. Passion, intelligence, hardworking, accuracy... everything can be detected in that RMT. If I had to choose one of all the RMTs I have read, this is my favourite one.

Lycon - We have not ever met. However, your RMT about the Sand Team was unique. It made me feel that the team itself was alive. Each of the Pokémons had its own personality. Only a genious could do it. You are one of the inspirations for this RMT.

These credits' song is just astonishing. There is joy mixed with nostalgy because you have reached your main goal but now you have to search inside yourself to choose another one. I have added a cover that I find amazing, please give some likes to this amazing work they have done.

VI - Conclusions

Pokémon is a lifestyle itself. I just use it to reload my own batteries for the daylife. And that's the important part of this universe. Pokémon allows you to evade of your daily routine. It brings some positive melancholy reminding you great moments of your youth. It replenishes you with positive fuel.

Sometimes it can give you a little goal of the day. When you are suffering from unlucky days, getting at home and just see your little friends, which you have interacted with during many years, gives you some relax and peace.

Everyone will enjoy Pokémon in different ways. But all of us, as a community, we share a basic flag: We love Pokémon.

That's the end of this RMT. Hope you enjoyed at least a 10% of what I have done during its creation. Now your job starts right here. You can use the team, improve it, change it, whatever. I would like to encourage your to open any discussion in the comment's box about the team, the metagame, politics, books... whatever!!! Feel free to share your ideas, making the knowledge of this society richer.

Pokémon is just to enjoy any piece of time you spend on it. Peace always in the battles against Hyper Offense or against Stall because, at the end, what makes you happy playing it is your attitude. Life is not easy, but it is not difficult. Life is life, face it with a big smile (like this Dragonite :D)!

1539426945364.png

Credits to Reiga for this amazing artwork.

See you all Pokémaniacs in the next RMT! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Jor! I'm bedazzled! This is a superb RMT and you're definitely making a good to the Gen 6 Format! I totally appreciate the fact that you've come out of your way to let us all know your inpirations and motivations. Also I can see how large, well-planned and well-thought this RMT is... This is a breath taking one, a jaw-dropping one... One of those RMTs you regret to have made yours so short-handed (speaking generally) and this is so ridiculously good! Grats on this RMT and again, you're really elevating the 6 Format into becoming a very preeminent format, I do respect everything you do and for me it's priceless to see such a complexe rmt, type of thick and large ones, I love those, this RMT has it all, from design to music, and you've taken us all on a trip. We can always keep on chatting both on PS and on Smogon, and I will always keep you notified with any BanDisnDatnMe's content. Remember we haven't made a RMT together yet, but I'm pretty confident we will sonner or later :) Congrats!

6-0d by ferrothorn so maybe switch skarmory for zapdos unless legends are banned on po
Hey !! Thanks for taking your time to discuss this team :) really appreciate this.

Ferro is absolutely annoying. It cannot get the kill but it can set up everything and nothing can threat it. Or practically anything. There is one way to "deal" with it in a long-term process.

1) Keep the hazards in the opponent field.
2) When Ferro switches into something, play with Skarm and Amoongus. One will defog and the other will resist easily the Ferro's attacks.
3) HP fire is your solution to a 3HKO (and 2HKO if there are spikes out there).

But yes, it is quite annoying and, depending on the team, can be really difficult to deal with.

Again, thanks for the warning and the discussion :]

I think you could experiment with weavile also, the standard banded set instead of the scarf ttar. Punishment is an possible option to lure manaphy in that case. I found myself experimenting with the amoonguss set as well, since you described a certain weakness to gliscor and zard x and some other things can be annoying too, if they are played well. thus I tried foul play/and or hp ice on amoonguss enabling it to hit incoming zards, landos, metagross and gliscor hard.

a more gimmicky option is gastro acid for gliscor but I think its a bit too unsafe, since every switch out the effect should be gone. but hp fire is still appreciated as it hits ferrothorn but I feel like otherwise it isnt mandatory or a necessity

I also like foul play (/weavile) for stallbreaker gengar

uh and one more thing: I dont know if I overlooked it but mega gyara definitely should be under potencial threats too (grass knot/spore on amoonguss can be used to alleviate this issue but these options still do not grant absolute safety of course)

Hey Lennart ,

Sorry for this late reply. I have been kind of busy and then I forgot to answer your detailed comment.

First of all, thanks for bringing cool ideas. All of them have some sense and can be tested out in the team. I will try to adress all of them accordingly:

#1: Band Ttar and Weavile are cool options (like ABR ORAS Stall Team). In a tour scenario I would choose them for sure, trying to make some surprise. Scarf Ttar allows you some speed control otherwise in stall teams is absent.

#2: Amoonguss brings always one problem
What is the best moveset? And I think it depends on the match-up. HP fire is pretty cool to stop Ferro (highly used in ORAS). However, HP ice would be my second choice (but Quagsire can stop Gliscor and if it has Curse with more ease). Foul Play is a good idea but I would rather use the other options.

#3: Absolutely not. You did not overlooked MGyarados. It is a threat and as you said between Skarmory and Amoonguss can be stopped. However, if it runs Taunt or Substitute, it will create a big problem. Asap, I will add it in the RMT :). Again thanks for bringing this up.

Hope you can find it useful,

Jordi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)