Metagame Nature Swap

Just throwing out here but Pipotchi if you want to ban something, next time it'd be better if you suspect it first or something, rather than quickbanning it with not really much discussion or warning. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Stak ban since it's pretty clear what it does to the meta (near-guaranteeed 150 BP STAB gyro ball with 211 attack is clearly overpowered, not to mention it outspeeds nearly everything in TR and has the bulk to take priorities). But if you keep handling the meta this way, I'm afraid we'll have unnecessary bans and too much bans is bad for the meta (see Shared Power).

After Stakataka, there's no mon that rivals it's power, that's why if there will be a possible ban, suspect it first next time.
Like you said, Staka only got a quickban because its clearly broken. I havent quickbanned anything else and nothing else stands out as deserving of one

edit: let me tack a set onto the end of this post that excites me

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic / Earthquake / Solarbeam

This Zard-Y is flames. A wall with 78/159/115 defenses and a bunch of relevant resistances, it can switch into the likes of Kartana, Buzzwole, scarf Blacephalon and CB Azu amongst other threats. Fire Punch is actually hitting pretty hard thanks to 104 atk and Sun, and it defogs hazards away from setters like fast webs Araquanid and non-ancient power Camerupts, defensive Landorus, Skarmory, etc. Thanks to Sun it also tanks a lot of water type attacks and can be answers to aforementioned Araquanids, Slowbros, and a great all-round switch-in to Scald.
Also, Sun is a strong, underrated playstyle in NS right now. Chlorophyll abusers such as Tangrowth and Jumpluff are much more threatening teammates for instance, although Zard's Sun doesnt last that long.

252 Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation (70 atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y in Sun: 96-112 (26.6 - 31.1%)
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 33-39 (9.1 - 10.8%)
252 Atk Tapu Bulu Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 224-268 (62.2 - 74.4%) (if fast, is ohkod back by fire punch)
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Thunder Punch (105 atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 160-190 (44.4 - 52.7%)
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough (125 atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 81-96 (22.5 - 26.6%)
252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 124-146 (34.4 - 40.5%)
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet (80 atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y in Sun: 212-252 (58.8 - 70%)

The name of the game is really just pairing it with something that can keep rocks off the field vs the annoying rock type setters. Landorus-T or defensive Espeon are both decent options for teammates although neither of them are too great against Diancie.
You can also run things like Earthquake over Toxic to deny the diancie switchin, or Solarbeam to do better vs Azumarill (you switch into the BD set, and +6 aqua jet does 70 max while solarbeam does 71-84% back to Naughty sets, likely beating both Sitrus and Normalium Azu. Even CB Azu can be switched on in a pinch since its Liquidation underspeeds and does 55% maximum. If you want to definitely beat Normalium Lonely Azu, 60 spa EVs makes sure that Solarbeam will 2hko if its running max speed)

Last edited:
Welcome to Volt-Turn Hell.

Shuckle @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Power Trick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Shuckle is one of the best Pokemon in NS, and probably needs looking at. It can hit extremely hard from either side (or both at once with a legendary Trick Room strat) and has access to a bevy of fantastic support moves. It's one of the more versatile Pokemon in the metagame, and there's almost no way to know what it's going to do before it does it. I've just been running fast Power Trick, and it's a VERY good sweeper. I was running Rockium Z for a bit and that gives you a singular powerful Rock-type move that never misses, but your coverage suffers.

Wishiwashi-School @ Waterium Z
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

Wishiwashi is going to emerge as an S-rank threat. It hits extremely hard at a very high speed with only low HP and a lack of a wider movepool (though its current movepool works well enough for it) holding it back. I alternated between Band and Specs for a while (base 140 offense of choice and Speed with base 45/130/130 defenses) before trying Waterium Z, but I want to try a Naive or Hasty set at some point for the mixed offenses.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Don't you just hate it when one Pokemon is good EVERYWHERE? Those 30 points of Speed Magearna gains are very big, and its Assault Vest set is as potent as ever. Soul-Heart even lets you snowball against some teams that don't pressure Magearna heavily enough.

Forretress @ Mental Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Explosion

For once a very solid suicide lead, Hasty Forretress carries a very fast Rapid Spin and Explosion to getting an early lead in the hazard war, and the nature of the team as Volt-Turn HO makes keeping momentum very easy.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Probably the least NS-optimized Pokemon on the team, but it's Scarf Landorus-Therian, so it's also probably the best Pokemon on the team, and the extra 14 points of Speed certainly don't hurt.

Volcarona @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Leech Life
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Stolen from and corrected to proper functionality from some idiot, this may be the most surefire bulky Tangrowth killer out there. Bug/Fire provides some nice defensive glue for this particular team comp, and the bizarre crossroad that is Fire/Bug/Electric coverage means it almost always threatens something if it outspeeds or can tank a hit.

Last edited:

frisoeva

LETS FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOO
So i built this trick room team, featuring all 3 huge power pokemon. Unfortunately the team got somewhat worse since the stakataka ban, but it is still quite viable in this meta, having been number 1 on the ladder for most of this month with this team. Enjoy!
Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Lax Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Memento

Magearna @ Icium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock/Ancient Power
- Substitute/Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

Stats: 70/20/100/145/105/120 (Timid)

Camerupt-Mega looks like a very versatile and scary pokemon in the meta, exchanging it's high attack stat for it's painfully low speed stat, making it a very fast and powerful threat. Holding respectable bulk of 70/100/105, a relatively high speed stat, and a scary special attack stat of 145 coupled with Sheer Force, Camerupt looks like a pokemon worth using. Unfortunately though, using Timid murders it's attack stat, disabling it from using Stone Edge for coverage. To avoid this, I could see it using some other nature that doesn't change it's speed, as this will make Camerupt very workable on Trick Room (which appears to be growing in popularity), or I suppose Ancient Power could work as well. This allows it to keep it's rock type coverage without having to worry about it's attack stat.

Last edited:
How would you distribute evs on a trickroom team? I'm trying to make the speed stat of certain mons as low as possible ex karatana swapping spdef and speed, alakazam swapping def and speed, mega bee swapping spatk and speed?

Kartana
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature

How would you distribute evs on a trickroom team? I'm trying to make the speed stat of certain mons as low as possible ex karatana swapping spdef and speed, alakazam swapping def and speed, mega bee swapping spatk and speed?

empoleon.png

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Drill Peck

Beware Defoggers and Intimidaters, the penguin is now Emperor of you! I'm so bad...
But in all seriousness, this thing can tear stuff up if you're not careful. May not be good myself, but something to play with if you want something different.

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I've had way too much fun with this thing. This set has the same feel as pheromosa and naganadel in the sense that it has a good setup move, and BB just allows it to snowball. I mostly have sub to get a status-free tail glow off in front of more stally teams and boltbeam is boltbeam. It's also a gr8 b8 and it's pretty funny when people switch into their semi-weakened ground type only to be met with a substitute followed by a tail glow followed by an L.

Hello I would like to talk about our lord and savior Stakataka 2.0

Spr_5b_208_m.png

Stakataka 2.0 (Steelix) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Iron Tail/Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Crunch/Rock Slide
- Ice Fang/Fire Fang

stats: 75/85/30/55/65/200

So, 200 is the best non mega speed teir we are going to get it seems, exept for shukle of course. Out of the 3 possible pokemon that can fill that slot, Steelix is by far the best and does a good job of filling in for Stakataka's glass cannon set. If your wondering, the other two pokemon that can reach 200 speed are Regirock and Regice. Sheer Forb is really what makes steelix shine though. To put this in perspective, Nidoking's special attacker set also uses a base 85 stat. With powerfull moves like iron head/tail, crunch, rock slide, and the coverage of fire and ice fang to round it out, Steelix is probably one of the best fast glass cannons of the teir. Though its very, very fragile it can usually punch a few holes in your opponents team by virtue of its insane speed teir and non negligeable firepower.​

I made a forum account just to share this XD

https://pokepast.es/5a9cce92a3940430

This is a team that got both my alts to #1 and #2 on the ladder
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 12.37.41 PM.png

So I wanted to build around Primarina basically since it has great STAB coverage and hits like a truck with specs, but most importantly it has a base 116 speed tier which is great for creeping all the base 115s running around.

So let me get into the team

primarina.png

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Mon hits most of the tier like a truck, the only things that can come in on it are things like full spdef tangrowth. General idea is to poke holes in the opponent's team by doubling on a predicted switch or come in on a passive mon's roost (like mence). This mon needs some prediction to use effectively (especially against teams with pex) so just be aware of that. DO NOT hesitate to lead with this mon if you see the opponent has something like a lando-T, basically any anti-leads that can beat an Aggron lead 1v1. You get to fire off a free scald on anything coming in, or better yet get rid of one of their aggron answers.

aggron-mega.png

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

While debating between mega steelix and Aggron, I ultimately decided on Aggron because it has more offensive presence, as well as better offensive coverage with Ice Punch which allows for a late-game clean once primarina weakens everything. Leading with this is a good idea vs things like shuckle or opposing aggron. Against opposing 230 base speed leads I usually hold off on mega evolving because sturdy allows me to take 1 quake while breaking their sturdy. Then next turn I can mega and pick up the kill with the extra +50 base speed. While I did mention this can be a cleaner, do not play conservatively with it against matchups where it is not required to win, because the team has alternate win conditions. Setting rocks may be more worth it than preserving it just to pressure the opposition more.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I went with scarf mag as the next mon because if I can get rid of bulky steels like Kartana and non-Vacuum wave M-Scizor, Primarina and Aggron have a lot more freedom to click moves. This is also one of the teams 2 soft checks to lele, so make sure to play aggresively with it. The team in general is an aggressive one so get those plays right! This mon can also be a win condition since primarina gets rid of bulky ground types for it. HOWEVER, this mon does invite mega camerupt in, so be a little more cautious switching this thing in against mega camerupt IF you aren't sure you can reliably trap something.

salamence.png

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Defensive mence is here for hazard control as well a blanket check to physically offensive breakers (kart, scizor, araquanid). Keep this thing healthy because it is vital for keep rocks of the field which not only helps itself, but also preserves aggron's sturdy and in relieves pressure in general. This is also a soft check to torkoal and mega camerupt lacking HP ice, so keep it healthy for that reason as well. Against hazard setters try to scout for toxic using amoonguss.

buzzwole.png

Buzzwole @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch
- Bulk Up
- Superpower

Buzzwole is an alternate win con. Since the combination of Mag + Primarina can effectively break most defensive cores on offense teams, Buzzwole cleans up as it is able to set up on many prevalent mons (opposing buzzwole, kart, tangrowth) and beat them 1v1. All-Out Pummeling is very useful in order to KO a healthy mon without a boost, and nab a speed boost that will help with the cleanup. Thunder Punch is there for mantine and Azu, which resist our dual STAB. This mon also is one of our ways of beating stall, after everything has been weakened through toxic and our other offensive threats.

amoonguss.png

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Last but not least we have the second half of our defensive core, a really good mon in general. I went with sludge bomb over HP fire since we have mag, and sludge bomb allows us to threaten mence, all the tapus bar lele, and Tangrowth a lot more. Toxic helps break down defensive mons (which this thing will be switching into ALOT, to absorb toxics and knock offs). Spore is great for putting a threat to sleep, for example a bulky mon like reuniclus, which can then be 2HKOed by specs hydro or weakened by leech life. You could say this is the glue of the team.

To sum it all up, the whole concept of the team is weakening cores so facilitate a clean with aggron or buzzwole. It struggles against stall a bit but with proper prediction using primarina and good doubling to keep up the pressure, it is definitely a winnable matchup. (:

So, I've been using this thing for quite a while and It's absolutely awesome:

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed/Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Roost/Poison Jab/Drain punch/Stone Edge

Paired w/ a Tapu this thing wrecks both offense and bulkier teams. It gains +2 speed thanks to unburden by just entering the field when the terrain is up, making it a nightmare to offensive builds. The lack of speed caused by a Brave nature is not really relevant when you're at +2, reaching 598 w/ max investment, only getting outsped by base 230, which are exactly three mons in the whole metagame. And they don't really threaten you at +1 defense thanks to the seed boost. It has swords dance to boost it's already great attack stat at base 118 to threaten some more defensive teams. Its double stab combination has really good coverage only getting resisted by 14 mons in the whole game. You can choose to either carry a coverage move or Roost/Drain Punch for longevity.

Here are some calc's:

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 249-294 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 216-255 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Lando is just setup fodder unless it carries a random toxic)
0 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 130-154 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 369-435 (108.2 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So, I've been using this thing for quite a while and It's absolutely awesome:

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed/Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Roost/Poison Jab/Drain punch/Stone Edge

Paired w/ a Tapu this thing wrecks both offense and bulkier teams. It gains +2 speed thanks to unburden by just entering the field when the terrain is up, making it a nightmare to offensive builds. The lack of speed caused by a Brave nature is not really relevant when you're at +2, reaching 598 w/ max investment, only getting outsped by base 230, which are exactly three mons in the whole metagame. And they don't really threaten you at +1 defense thanks to the seed boost. It has swords dance to boost it's already great attack stat at base 118 to threaten some more defensive teams. Its double stab combination has really good coverage only getting resisted by 14 mons in the whole game. You can choose to either carry a coverage move or Roost/Drain Punch for longevity.

Here are some calc's:

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 249-294 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 216-255 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Lando is just setup fodder unless it carries a random toxic)
0 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Hawlucha: 130-154 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 369-435 (108.2 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hawlucha seems to work very well with Modest Bulu, which can also lure and ko things like Salamence. Bulu definitely seems to be standing out as the best tapu in the metagame here.

Talking of best, I think Magearna is the best pokemon in the tier right now. Soul Heart is a lot scarier and more relevant with a speed tier that could be 95 at +2, or 115 with a scarf. Its got the coverage to smack everything and its typing is still the best in the game, but its new ability to ko stuff without getting chipped makes it incredibly good. Shift Gear and the right Z move just lets it roll over a lot of offensive teams, as long as sturdymons are dealt with. Every time Ive played against a Magearna I basically just pray to see a volt switch instead of a shift gear bc otherwise my team gets swept. Not to mention it fits on trick room too.

Mega Diancie I think is also one of the top 3 best mons, but doesnt offer the same sweeping potential.

Snorlax is now the ULTIMATE WALL. 160/110/110 defences are amazing.
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Filler
Just fun.

I KNOW yall aint sleepin on this bad boi
:blobglare:

Pyukumuku @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Toxic
- Gastro Acid
- Taunt
- Safeguard

Dat defense drop plus rocky helmet and innards out.

Edit:
Hawlucha better bewear

Last edited:
I have played a little bit, and didn't get super high (1306), but I have been rather surprised in good by this mon :

Nihilego @ Electrium Z / Air balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe
- Trick Room
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Stealth Rock

109 / 103 / 131 bulk is very solid : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7natureswap-716354533
I even remember it living a thousand arrows (should have been from an uninvested Zygarde, but still...).
Of course, it should be paired with some mon abusing TR, like Choice Band Naughty Araquanid, which resists 3 of Nihilego's weaknesses.

The rest of the team is probably rather common, except maybe the Carbink.

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Def
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Naughty Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sleep Talk

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Lonely Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carbink @ Normalium Z
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Explosion

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse

Right now, I think I'll rather have Bonemerang over Earthquake on Marowak.

Last edited:
Y'all are sleeping on Snorlax

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Recycle
- Toxic

160 / 110 / 110 bulk is as good as they come, it blanket checks pretty much anything, can come in almost whenever you want and will always be healthy due to the way its recovery works. It does have really low atk stat but with Toxic + Eq to hit steel + poison types it's gonne be a really annoying thing to deal with. Pair it with a defensive pex, fini, primarina, amoongus... and you'll have a pretty decent core.

Another cool thing to use that's been doing surprisingly well in my team:

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

I have played a little bit, and didn't get super high (1306), but I have been rather surprised in good by this mon :

Nihilego @ Electrium Z / Air balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe
- Trick Room
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Stealth Rock

109 / 103 / 131 bulk is very solid : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7natureswap-716354533
I even remember it living a thousand arrows (should have been from an uninvested Zygarde, but still...).
Of course, it should be paired with some mon abusing TR, like Choice Band Naughty Araquanid, which resists 3 of Nihilego's weaknesses.

The rest of the team is probably rather common, except maybe the Carbink.

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Def
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Naughty Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sleep Talk

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Lonely Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carbink @ Normalium Z
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Explosion

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Hasty Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse

Right now, I think I'll rather have Bonemerang over Earthquake on Marowak.
Nihilego is a great trick room setter, I agree. Also Carbink is super strong, although I would use the SR + TR + Earth Power + Moonblast set because it has a bit more offensive pressure and you can actually sweep with it, which imo outweighs being a suicide lead

Edit: Also snorlax is in the sample teams, so :P

Also Carbink is super strong, although I would use the SR + TR + Earth Power + Moonblast set because it has a bit more offensive pressure and you can actually sweep with it, which imo outweighs being a suicide lead
Hmm... There are matchs where I felt the coverage limitation, yes. But I think there are situations in which having a way to switch "freely" into an abuser is better. Especially for a team with 2 abusers who aren't that usefull outside of trick room. Also, I would have thought that 150 BS without boosting isn't enough to sweep (except against HO, I mean). But maybe I should try it.

Call of Winter

Banned deucer.

Landorus-Therian @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

Figured I'd post this because it's actually been a lot of fun to use. Not going to say it's good but it's fun. I suppose Modest nature might be better nature but I prefer Timid.

Landorus-Therian @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

Figured I'd post this because it's actually been a lot of fun to use. Not going to say it's good but it's fun. I suppose Modest nature might be better nature but I prefer Timid.
Modest is probably better for the Calm Mind set; if you're running Timid, though, your Attack (91) won't be drastically lower than your Special Attack (105). If you want to use Lando-T as a speedy setup sweeper, you should consider a Swords Dance set, which has a higher raw damage output at +2 than CM does at +1, and lets you use Z-Fly instead of Acid Downpour.

Sticking to special Lando, though, I really like running Hidden Power Flying, because this lets it not only reliably check things like Buzzwole and Mega Heracross (the former of which has a pretty high usage), but HP Flying will dispose of these threats. Multiple times, I've OHKOed one of these while they tried to set up on me. It's great fun.

Another mon I want to highlight is Mega Abomasnow, which naturally runs either Timid or Jolly, giving up the ability to go mixed for a much-appreciated Speed boost. Really, though, its special movepool is much stronger than the physical one (Wood Hammer is nice but the chip damage is unappealing), so it's basically Timid. On paper, an offensive statline of 132/132 is merely 'good', but in practice, Mega Abomasnow's STAB combination is seriously potent in this metagame, since I guess people just aren't thinking about it while teambuilding. Its good checks are now limited to things that can actually avoid a 2HKO on the switch, instead of everything that has a super-effective STAB.

Grass/Ice is also surprisingly useful defensively, ironically, now that Msnow has the speed it needs to pivot into a resist and threaten the opponent out. Its 90/105/105 natural bulk lets it do this multiple times per match if your hazard control is solid. It's a really useful offensive check to Waters, Grounds, and Grasses, which it threatens out easily (compare it to other Grass-types, which are as likely to invite in other Grasses as they are to force them out).

It's also just useful to set hail as a way of getting off free chip damage to polish off opponents, which is in a weird way sort of like revenge killing? I especially like it on balance, where you can stack passive damage to the point that opponents will find that 35%-41% damage rolls are no longer 3HKOs.

Doublade @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Also, Absol has the potential to be pretty good. Its attack and speed can be swapped, and it sports the moves and stats to run either physical or special moves. Magic Bounce is a nice touch.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hiya I'm back with my monthly stall team. This time it's Mega Beedrill stall :o
It's standing nicely on top of the ladder (which says nothing but still), being able to deal with most threats in the meta quite well.

1521715239449.png
1521715267767.png
1521715287157.png
1521715343346.png
1521715362504.png
1521715380875.png

1521715343346.png

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 104 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rest / Earthquake / Iron Head

A physical defensive Excadrill is my potential answer to many hazard setters such as Shuckle and Gigalith. It's able to lead and put those pokemon on a timer, while simultaneously preventing them from keeping rocks up through the use of Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock Mold Breaker means it can get his up regardless of a Xatu/Espeon/Diancie being around. Excadrill is not meant to switch in a lot, but instead keep the hazard game under control at the most important times. It's bulky enough to switch in to anything once/twice.
The last slot is varying, with Rest meaning you don't have to wait for Vaporeon support to stay healthy, and the other two make it not complete taunt bait.

1521715239449.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Clefable is a staple on stall teams in many OMs because of its great abilities. Generally not something to lead with, Clefable serves as a stop to the many set-up mons that are floating around in the tier, especially those that are more physically oriented. Its base 73 defense is boosted to 95 with near full investment to deal with those mons as best as possible. Usually Wish/Protect and Moonblast is what you'll use, though Calm Mind is there in case of a losing battle where Clefable might need to solo multiple pokemon.

1521715287157.png

Toxapex @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex doesn't gain much from swapping natures but is vital to this team regardless. Toxic Spikes support mean mons such as Bulu can't stay in forever and slowly chip away at my checks. With Beedrill and Clefable already taking on physical defensive roles, it's free to be fully invested in special defense to form a special Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Many sub sweepers that can avoid being Scald burned, can't avoid being outstalled by simply switching back and forth between Toxapex and Tangrowth. Of course, Excadrill will generally need to have spun away the rocks before this is possible.
It can also haze any pokemon that Clefable's unaware can't handle.

1521715362504.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 16 Def / 212 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide

Tangrowth finishes the Specially bulky core with the most specially bulky Tangrowth set in existence. It's able to take less than a third from even super effective hits such as Magearna's ice beams, allowing it to switch back and forth between it and Toxapex. It can be a terror to break through for special attackers, as the Electrics aimed at Toxapex can be eaten up by Tangrowth, while fire attacks can easily be brushed off by Toxapex. They work great together with Toxic Spikes support, and can be impossible to break through at times. Vaporeon can take on the few mons this core cant handle such as Camerupt.
The EV's are all over the place to pretend like I put thought into its set.

1521715267767.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

The ternary special wall of the team, Vaporeon is there to deal with the powerful special attackers that have effective STABs against Tangrowth and Toxapex such as Mega Camerupt. Normally its physical defense is quite lacking, but swapping its 60 base defense with its more useful 110 base special attack means it can take hits from either side. It doesn't miss its special attack as much as it's meant to stall and burn with scald rather than sweep. In addition, it has a great support movepool with Heal Bell and Wish from its high HP stat.

1521715380875.png

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog / Poison Jab / Drill Run

Beedrill is quite uncommon on stall teams but actually gets decent bulk from its 145 base speed. On the special side it leaves something to be desired, so be sure to scout for any mixed pokemon.
Beedrill is one of the few counters in the game to the common Banded Kartana, taking less than half from even banded Smart Strike and being able to knock off its band, after which it's much easier to deal with. It can run Defog in its fourth slot in case you don't trust Excadrill enough to spin away the hazards, or additional coverage for steels/fairies.

https://pastebin.com/UbDEwhUK

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Substitute

This is a nice set vs bulkier teams and has a decent matchup vs offense thanks to its decent 127 speed tier and ability to eat hits. You can sub up on most defensive mons with that tasty 97/101/89 bulk for a free swords dance or two and sweep with photon geyser, which ignores stuff like Unaware and Sturdy. Straightforward stuff, but it works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)