Nature Swap [Talonflame unbanned!]

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by Eevee General and The Immortal
Original OM and banner by Pipotchi

co-ran with Chopin Alkaninoff

Have you ever wondered what would happen if Blissey had more Defense or if Scizor could abuse Hidden Power with its Attack stat? Here in Nature Swap, all this and more is possible just by using a particular nature to swap a Pokemon's stats.

Rules:
Mechanic: A Pokemon's base stats are swapped based on their nature.
Clauses: OU Clauses
Bans: OU Banlist along with the following:
Chansey
Cloyster

Strategy:

In Nature Swap, a Pokemon's base stats are swapped based on their nature*. For example, a Blissey with a Relaxed nature will have its Speed stat and Defense stat swapped, meaning it how has a base 5 Speed stat and a base 55 Defense stat. While Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful, and Quirky natures are never used in competitive play as they don't give any advantage over any boosting nature, these neutral natures can now be beneficial as these natures don't switch a Pokemon's stats. The 10% buff/debuff is applied to the changed stats as well!!! What this means is Impish Landorus-T's new base 105 Defense stat is buffed by 10% while his new base 90 Special Attack stat is debuffed by 10%.

*Note that the natures are invisible to keep some surprise and allow lures to be good in the metagame.

Q&A:

Q: How does Mega Evolution boosts work?
A: Basically the Mega Evolution's stats will be swapped. For example, Metagross has base 130 Speed with a Hasty nature while Mega Metagross with a Hasty nature has base 150 Speed.

Q: Is this playable?
A: Thanks to urkerab it is now playable on ROM! n_n For the month of August, it is available to play on the main server :)

Resources:

Table stolen from the lovely bp scrub

Code by urkerab/The Immortal

Last edited by a moderator:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Viability Rankings
Credit to those who helped with the Viability Rankings
nv The Ruins of Alpha HeadsILoseTailsYouWin Chopin Alkaninoff dragonite drake Grains of Salt

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Nature Swap metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

Azumarill
Blissey
Kyurem-B

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Nature Swap metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.

A+
Salamence
Shuckle
Skarmory

A
Diggersby
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Scizor
Serperior
Tangrowth
Volcanion

A-
Mega Charizard X
Mega Diancie
Espeon
Hoopa-C
Landorus-T
Machamp
Mega Metagross
Mega Sableye
Mega Tyranitar

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Nature Swap metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+
Mega Aggron
Mega Camerupt
Doublade
Mega Garchomp
Jirachi
Mega Latios
Magnezone
Metagross
Sylveon
Togekiss
Tyranitar

B
Alomomola
Mega Charizard Y
Clefable
Gengar
Goodra
Heatran
Mega Latias
Tyrantrum

B-
Aggron
Darmanitan
Empoleon
Mega Heracross
Manaphy
Mega Pinsir
Snorlax
Tentacruel
Tornadus-Therian
Volcarona

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the Nature Swap metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C+
Mega Abomasnow
Mega Alakazam
Crawdaunt
Honchkrow
Keldeo
Lucario
Regice
Regirock
Starmie
Ursaring

C
Mega Beedrill
Mega Lopunny
Medicham
Scolipede
Thundurus
Mega Venusaur

C-
Dugtrio
Victini
Tornadus

D(on't use) Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are nonviable in the Nature Swap metagame and have no concrete advantage to make them worth using. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are severely outclassed because of it.

Trapinch
Whimsicott

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
Sample Teams

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Shuckle is a lead with the purpose of setting up Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. It can do it effectively thanks to Sturdy and its base 230 Speed. I chose to sacrifice its Special Defense instead of Defense to take less damage from priority moves. Mental Herb is used to beat Taunt and Encore users. Encore prevents opposing pokemon from setting up, and Final Gambit prevents Rapid Spin and Defog from being used and lets Shuckle die without losing momentum after it has done its job. It also deals a lot of damage to offensive threats if it is at full health.

Other options: Rocky Helmet, Knock Off>Final Gambit.

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Azumarill is used because of its very high Attack stat thanks to Huge Power, access to STAB priority and good defensive typing. I run Splash Plate to power up Aqua Jet without getting choice locked or suffering Life Orb recoil. It may also give the illusion of holding a Choice Band. Knock Off used to be there mostly for Chansey, but it still has utility in removing items from bulky pokemon.Azumarill is a vital check to Kyurem-B on this team.

Other options: Choice Band, Assault Vest.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Hoopa is here for its great wallbreaking power, as well as its great 130 base speed, which makes it a fine revenge killer. It has perfect coverage between its three attacks and can boost when facing defensive pokemon to break them. Hoopa is quite frail however and doesn't offer relevant resistances other than its Fighting Immunity.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
Serperior checks Water-types and can attempt to break stall with its Contrary Leaf Storms. With this spread it has respectable bulk and impressive immediate power. However Serperior has to sacrifice its Speed but, with Sticky Web, it can outspeed a good deal of pokemon. Dragon Pulse and HP Fire provide coverage, and Glare cripples any faster threat and ensures Serperior outspeeds them on the next turn.

Other Options: Leech Seed, Substitute

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Mega Metagross trades its Defense for an amazing Speed stat, even before mega evolving. This set runs both STAB moves plus Hammer Arm for coverage on Steel-types and Ice Punch , which is mostly for Landorus-T. It fits here because of its offensive prowess and numerous resistances; in particular, it is important for beating Fairy-types.

Other Options: Hone Claws, Earthquake

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Honchkrow has one of the strongest priority moves in the game, which, in conjunction with Moxie and its improved 105 base Speed, lets it prey on offensive teams. The power of its Brave Bird is not to be underestimated either. Honchkrow can end games very fast if it gets a single kill, but has trouble against pokemon with heavy physical bulk.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Roost
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Magic Coat/Mirror Coat/Healing Wish

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Iron Defense

Scizor is the defogger and Cloyster counter. Alomomola + Tangrowth is a sick defensive core. Both with Regenerator and good utility moves. Mega Charizard Y is really bulky with 359/396/325 defenses and access to WoW, recovery, and Dragon Tail to stop setup sweepers. Its typing isn't even that bad with defog support. Blissey, the OP tank itself, is a bit passive, but with its insane bulk, that doesn't matter. Heal Bell and Stealth Rock are great additions to a stall team. Reuniclus rounds out the team as the setup sweeper. It unfortunately can't hit Dark-types but boy can it get bulky.

Last edited:
Ok let's continue the discussion from before about applying HP swaps with 5 different stats to 5 neutral natures (Hardy, Docile, Quirky, etc.).

I believe yoman5 said that applying HP swaps will bring more trouble than benefit and bad flavor wise. May I ask why?

Also nv, may I ask why you make the Mega Evolution mechanics to be stats increase a la Mix and Mega and not... just swap the existing stats? Because I believe urkerab coded it that way in rom currently.

Edit: Looks like it's changed now to the former way of just swapping the stats.

Last edited:
Looking at it, most Megas will get a significant speed increase, like you could give Mega Tyranitar 150 Base Speed, Mega Gardevoir 135 Base Speed or Zard-X 130 Base Speed. Funny is, that can Mega Garchomp finally be faster than it's regular form with 120 Base Speed.
Another trend could be making Pokémon more bulky, like Hippowdon with 112 SpD, Slowbro with 100 SpD or Mega Slowbro with 130 SpD.
I think this would balance things out, but the Metagame will be much faster and 110 won't be as good, as it used to be.
(Another thing, let's imagine if Mega Rayquaza was allowed ... 180 Speed, gg!)

Ok let's continue the discussion from before about applying HP swaps with 5 different stats to 5 neutral natures (Hardy, Docile, Quirky, etc.).

I believe yoman5 said that applying HP swaps will bring more trouble than benefit and bad flavor wise. May I ask why?

Also nv, may I ask why you make the Mega Evolution mechanics to be stats increase a la Mix and Mega and not... just swap the existing stats? Because I believe urkerab coded it that way in rom currently.

i agree that HP swaps will be more harmful than beneficial.

the problem i forsee with hp swaps is that there are not enough neutral natures to matchup all possibilities. There are only 5 neutral natures: Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious, yet there are 6 base stats. if each neutral nature was matched up to a non-HP stat to swap with, an actual neutral nature would be impossible. this kind of thing seems to be borderline pet mod imo, and i dont appreciate limiting players' choices even if it is a useless choice, unless the limitations are part of the metagame.

another thing with hp swaps is how the flavor of natures work. with hp, you can never have a positive or a negative applied to it, which is why i dont think that it fits the flavor of the metagame. another problem with supposed swaps is the problem of actually having to run a "neutral" nature and not getting a larger boost/drop from the swap.

Last edited:

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
to add to the hp swap stuff, i like the idea of using the "useless" natures for hp, but one problem is that if you want stats to be unchanged then it will become hard to that.

Reactions: nv
Adamant Azumarill is a full 2 points stronger now, get hype /s

Pokemon with high offensive offstats love this meta. I'd consider banning Kyu-B - both its offensive and defensive sets seem absolutely terrifying. Aside from that walking ban bait, I'm mostly talking about Megazard and Volcanion, although the genies should be noted as well.

Since there are no sample sets yet, I'll take some from the previous thread and add some of mine as well. Bolded stats are the stats that swapped.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock/Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Stats: 250/5/50/35/105/5

Probably the #1 mon in the meta in my opinion (no, not Kyurem-B) because it walls just almost anything, similar how Fur Coat Chansey in other metas do. Prove:

252 Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey (50 Def) : 285-336 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

It being almost unable to be 2HKOd by Banded Kyurem-B's Outrage says it all. Probably the first in the suspect list as well.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Stats: 100/80/80/60/50/50

Azumarill can just use this metagame to become even more powerful, trading off some defenses. 80 base attack stat backed by huge power and choice band can crush a lot of mons with its standard OU set.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power

stats: 125/120/100/170/90/95

The sets that everyone talked about looking so threatening. It's essentially Kyurem-White without Blue Flare, though you got Focus Blast and Earth Power to cover that. Imo this looks threatening... until you realise the Speed tier of this meta will be higher and mons are bulkier. So I don't think it'll be that bad.

Togekiss @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Extreme Speed
- Trick
- Drain Punch

stats: 85/120/95/50/115/80

Togekiss turns into a potentially very strong choice band user with this, thanks to its bizarre access to Hustle and the right moves to abuse 120 base attack. Extremespeed makes great use of its +700 atk stat with cb hustle as revenge killer, while drain punch makes use of its great typing and bulk, keeping it healthy. aerial ace cant miss, so it is the equivalent of a 90bp flying attack with no downsides thanks to hustle.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
My only problem with HP swaps would be mega evolution mechanics once again... as you can't change base HP on Mega evolution. So if you swap say defense and HP on a mon who then evolves and gets a defense boost, what happens to it's hp? It's weird.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw / Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Poison Jab
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Explosion / Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Poison Jab

SubPunch Gengar is heat. Gengar actually gets quite a nice physical movepool, with gems like Knock Off, Sucker Punch, the Elemental Punches, Explosion, etc. Physical Ghost moves suck of course, so not using them is worth considering. Poison Jab is a better move but a worse typing.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Gotta go fast? 140 base speed but otherwise normal. I was going to try to make it Special Darmanitan but it gets, like, Psychic for a special movepool. It's not going to be hitting nearly as hard as it used to though.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Trick
- Foul Play
- Zen Headbutt / Iron Tail

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Agility
- Foul Play
- Zen Headbutt / Iron Tail

Porygon-Z @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Iron Tail
Sometimes I have to wonder where have all the movepools gone... anyway say hello to the nukyeler smash hit success, Pory-z, back for yet another meta. The coverage kind of sucks, but thanksto adaptability, Pory-z doesn't really need it. Just choose something to hit the ridiculous physical walls that resist or are immune to normal. Lol Thief.

EDIT:
I fine tuned the Pory-z sets after a little chat in the OM room.
252+ Atk Porygon-Z Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 206-244 (68.4 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is what Foul Play does if Megagross swap Defense and Speed.
252+ Atk Porygon-Z Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 158-188 (52.4 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is standard Megagross.
Don't use Dark Pulse it does less. (I'm still a little shaky on how to use natures in Calcsin this meta, so I didn't include Dark Pulse, but trust me it does less, no matter the nature)
Thief is just too weak to use seriously. Gengar is likely to be the main ghost and is slaughtered by any non-normal physical move, although Doublade and Cofagrigus both look interesting and have much better bulk.
I doubt the evs or whatever are perfect, but we really don't know what speed tiers are going to be relevant yet.

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
If you know anything about me, then you know I love to spam Rest talk whenever I can. So basically 165 base defense and prankster when mega evolved. You may be able to pull off a calm nature cotton guard set, but tbh i don't know what other moves you would run.

My banette replay didn't save so have some clamperl.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Stats: 100/50/125/110/100/50
One mon that stands out to me, with its newly buffed defensive capabilities is naughty tangrowth, which has frankly amazing defenses of 100/125/100, especially when paired with regenerator. Sure, it does lose a fair bit of power on its knock, but it still has a fairly good special attack stat, and it can suddenly tank a lot of cool special hits, which it previously didn't really want to stay in on.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tangrowth: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 10.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tangrowth: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tangrowth: 129-153 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edit: Had more to say

One notable thing that this meta allows us to do is optimize some poorly made choices when designing certain megas:

Mega Latios: 80/110/100/160/120/130
sure its pretty horrible in regular OU, but now mega latios has base 130 speed, and should be a fairly acceptable mega choice, if you want to go for a calm mind set, or have a free mega slot.

Mega Garchomp: 108/170/115/92/95/120
Another case where GF was trying to make a mixed attacker, and sure it did succeed somewhat in this case, unlike mega latios, you now have the ability to essentially put that special attack into speed, and run an extremely threatening SD set.
sorry, accidentally stole Fulllifegames idea

Last edited:

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
So I'm actually thinking of Mega-Diancie, which might be pretty good. Especially one of the timid variant. 160 SpA with perfect neutral coverage of Moonblast/Earthpower off a 160 Spe. All you really lose is a mixed Diamond Storm although 110 Attack isn't that horrible.

Avalugg: 95/46/184/44/117/28

I wanted to do one for Avalugg, seeing as it's one of my fav Gen 6 mons. While he's still not that good due to his shallow moveset, his god awful defensive typing and now his offensive presence lowered to 0, its excellent 95/184/117 defenses will allow him to take a hit from almost nearly anything and allow him to be a somewhat decent utility mon.

Cloyster: Either 50/180/95/85/45/70 or 50/95/70/85/45/180

With 180 attack and Shell Smash, safe to say that nearly nothing survives a hit from him. Or alternatively, if we give him a high base speed, he doesnt have to worry about getting outsped by anyone and safetly use Shell Smash to power itself up.

Mega Gardevoir: 68/135/65/165/85/100

With a base stat of 135, Gardevoir can run attacks like Body Slam, Return, Double Edge, All Elemental Punches (Fire being a blessing) and Shadow Sneak, giving M-Gardevoir an opportunity to run a mixed set that has priority. What more to ask?

I really like the idea of this meta and I can't wait to give it a try :D

in regards to the hp thing, there is precedent on pokeblock flavors being more liked by certain natures, and it allows for more possibilities in the meta

Since the visible natures hasn't been coded in rom yet, I'm asking would it be better if the natures are visible or not? Like the typing in Type Reflector or the stones in Mix and Mega, would it be better if we can see the natures like that? Or just make it invisible for surprise factor?

Reactions: nv

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Since the visible natures hasn't been coded in rom yet, I'm asking would it be better if the natures are visible or not? Like the typing in Type Reflector or the stones in Mix and Mega, would it be better if we can see the natures like that? Or just make it invisible for surprise factor?
I think like any meta we'll start seeing standard sets / abilities and I think the ability to run lures will be an exciting part of this meta. The problem I see is if things have multiple good sets and turn out to be unreasonably difficult to counter with one Mon, and you die because you think its a different nature than it is. Idk if that's a reason to see natures though.

Also it makes no sense with game mechanics.

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I feel like not being able to see the nature would be best. Also here to talk about Hoopa.
I saw some talk on a bold nature Hoopa on the old thread. A bold nature would give it 80/110/130 defenses. It's only weak to two types (dark and ghost), but it is 4x weak to them. You're also immune to normal and fighting which is nice. I don't really know what moves a defensive hoopa would run other than maybe like t-wave, toxic, and maybe taunt? So instead I'm going to talk about what I'm currently running...

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Signal Beam/Focus Blast
150 sp.attack and 130 speed. Other viable items are choice specs or choice scarf. Heck, you could run a mixed attacker with like knock off or drain punch. Loses to priority especially things that get both sucker punch and pursuit.

nv

The Lost Age
Time to address some things. First off, I want to say that as of now natures will stay invisible. This allows lures to be quite effective in the metagame while also making different natures on certain Pokemon even more potent to potentially make multiple sets viable. Secondly, neutral natures will stay as is. This fits the flavor of natures in general and swapping HP puts this on the track to being in Pet Mod territory. There is other reasoning that the thread has stated such as no neutral nature to avoid stats swapping, so for now it will stay as is.

Now I wanted to offer up some sample sets of my own.
Bolded stats are the stats that swapped.

89 / 145 / 105 / 90 / 80 / 91
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Landorus-Therian becomes an even better defensive pivot thanks to it being able to swapped its mediocre Defense with its unused, yet better, Special Attack stat. Other than that, the set is ripped from standard, removing the opponent's item with Knock Off and providing momentum with U-turn.

78 / 65 / 154 / 112 / 68 / 75
Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Lax Nature
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
Florges has an immense Special Defense stat while its typing lends itself to wall more physical-based types such as Fighting and Dark, which is why a Lax nature serves Florges nicely. While it now has a subpar Special Defense stat, it can patch this up thanks to Calm Mind. Synthesis and Aromatherapy means Florges can keep itself healthy as well against targets trying to status it or hit it hard.

91 / 129 / 90 / 72 / 90 / 108
Keldeo-Resolute @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet / Aqua Tail
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab
Keldeo can now abuse its better boosting move, Swords Dance, and have access to STAB priority in Aqua Jet thanks to an Adamant nature making its Special Attack and Attack stat swap. Keldeo still lacks "coverage" but the physical moves it has access to are better against things that threaten it such as Flying- and Fairy-types.

I am happy at all the love you guys are giving this metagame and I am hoping to continue cultivating this and with OMotM nominations/voting coming up, this has the contention to win despite being in competition with Inheritance and Gods & Followers for the month of August :)

Because sometimes I like to explore lower tier gimmicks, here's more sets.

Tornadus @ (no item)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (there's probably a better spread than this)
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Stats: 79/115/70/80/125/111

What a weird set. Yes, I like weird things. Reason I choose Careful is to be bulky on Special side because on Physical side you are going to be bulky after a few Bulk Ups. Uninvested 111 Speed will be pretty slow because you'll be outsped by fully invested 80 Speeds, but no worries. Prankster means that you are guaranteed to be +1 Defense on first turn.

Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge/Substitute/Taunt/Encore

Stats: 78/118/75/74/63/92

Reason why this mon is BL and not OU is the mediocre Attack stats which is less than 100. Now it gains a significant boost in Attack makes this set seems better. The XY analysis of this mon uses the Sitrus Berry and Sub + SD. I use Focus Sash because there's so much insane power in this meta that can easily 1HKO Hawlucha, plus higher Speed tier of this meta means that 92 Speed is gonna be outsped by everything offensive. On paper, this looks like a decent sweeper against offensive teams. The last slot can be anything that fits your needs.

Largely the issue of megas and that complication, as well as it taking away from the flavor of the meta (having neutral natures not do nothing, having natures affect hp, the one stat you can't really touch). I also imagine there are some mons that would just not want to swap anything, even in a meta like this. I do agree with taking away the +-10% of the natures though, as it takes out a lot of the confusion of the meta (adding far more consistency for competitive purposes) and takes out the nonbo factor that would often be present.

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
imo the neutral natures should switch HP and one of the other stats

here are some of the main concerns
1. takes away from the flavor of the om
sure, maybe if the 10% buffs/drops still applied since increasing hp is kinda weird, but in the current state of the meta, it's really only just switching 2 stats, which fits perfectly with swapping hp

2. some mons won't want to swap stats
This really doesn't apply at all. The vast majority of Pokemon have at least 2 stats that are equal to each other which means they can just swap those, and most, if not all of the other mons have 2 stats that are so close that switching them would have basically no effect.
Pokemon that would have to change their stats in the OU tier: Mega Charizard Y, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Hippowdon, KyuB, LandoT, Mega Lopunny, Scizor, Slowbro, Thundurus, Tornadus, Volcanion, and Weavile

Here are all the changes that would happen to them, if you wanted to keep them as close to the original as possible
Char Y: 104 attack/100 speed - obvious buff here, theres no reason not to at least do this
Excadrill: 60 defense/65 spdef - basically no change
Garchomp: 108 hp/102 speed, 95 def/85 spdef, 80 spa/85 spdef - the first option leaves greatly helps with its speed tier while only dropping HP a little, and the second/third don't matter much
Hippo: 68 spatk/47 speed - speed buff is a positive thing and it didnt use spatk
KyuB: 125 hp/120 spatk, 100 def/95 speed - the first one is a pretty neutral change and the second one is advantageous with the jump in speed
LandoT: 89 hp/90 defense - no difference lol
Mega Lop: 94 def/96 spdef - no difference
Scizor: 70 hp/80 spdef, 70 hp/65 def - first one is a general increase in bulk, second one is another speed increase at the cost of a little HP
Slowbro: 75 attack/30 speed - its not slow as shit anymore and the attack never mattered
Thundurus: 79 hp/80 spdef- no difference
Tornadus: 79 hp/80 def - no difference
Volcanion: 80 hp/90 spdef, 80 hp/70 speed - same as Scizor, either increase bulk or increase speed a little
Weavile: 70 hp/85 spdef - again, another general increase in bulk

Ferrothorn is the only one that would go through any real change at all thats not necessarily positive, but switching its 131 def with 116 spdef can be useful for a specially defensive build, and switching its 74 hp with 94 attack means a sizable increase in bulk at a cost of some attack. If Gyro Ball isn't on the set, switching its 54 spdef with 20 speed doesn't really change from its original except for outspeeding some defensive mons i guess

3. Makes it a pet mod
Similarly to enchanted items, it wouldn't be a pet mod because just like how all abilities correspond to an item in EI, every combination of 2 stats is covered in this.
In fact, each of the neutral natures is already linked to a specific stat so choosing which natures go to each stat wouldn't even be subjective

Hardy would switch HP/Attack, Docile would switch HP/Defense etc

Last edited:
imo the neutral natures should switch HP and one of the other stats

here are some of the main concerns
1. takes away from the flavor of the om
sure, maybe if the 10% buffs/drops still applied since increasing hp is kinda weird, but in the current state of the meta, it's really only just switching 2 stats, which fits perfectly with swapping hp

2. some mons won't want to swap stats
This really doesn't apply at all. The vast majority of Pokemon have at least 2 stats that are equal to each other which means they can just swap those, and most, if not all of the other mons have 2 stats that are so close that switching them would have basically no effect.
Pokemon that would have to change their stats in the OU tier: Mega Charizard Y, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Hippowdon, KyuB, LandoT, Mega Lopunny, Scizor, Slowbro, Thundurus, Tornadus, Volcanion, and Weavile

Here are all the changes that would happen to them, if you wanted to keep them as close to the original as possible
Char Y: 104 attack/100 speed - obvious buff here, theres no reason not to at least do this
Excadrill: 60 defense/65 spdef - basically no change
Garchomp: 108 hp/102 speed, 95 def/85 spdef, 80 spa/85 spdef - the first option leaves greatly helps with its speed tier while only dropping HP a little, and the second/third don't matter much
Hippo: 68 spatk/47 speed - speed buff is a positive thing and it didnt use spatk
KyuB: 125 hp/120 spatk, 100 def/95 speed - the first one is a pretty neutral change and the second one is advantageous with the jump in speed
LandoT: 89 hp/90 defense - no difference lol
Mega Lop: 94 def/96 spdef - no difference
Scizor: 70 hp/80 spdef, 70 hp/65 def - first one is a general increase in bulk, second one is another speed increase at the cost of a little HP
Slowbro: 75 attack/30 speed - its not slow as shit anymore and the attack never mattered
Thundurus: 79 hp/80 spdef- no difference
Tornadus: 79 hp/80 def - no difference
Volcanion: 80 hp/90 spdef, 80 hp/70 speed - same as Scizor, either increase bulk or increase speed a little
Weavile: 70 hp/85 spdef - again, another general increase in bulk

Ferrothorn is the only one that would go through any real change at all thats not necessarily positive, but switching its 131 def with 116 spdef can be useful for a specially defensive build, and switching its 74 hp with 94 attack means a sizable increase in bulk at a cost of some attack. If Gyro Ball isn't on the set, switching its 54 spdef with 20 speed doesn't really change from its original except for outspeeding some defensive mons i guess

3. Makes it a pet mod
Similarly to enchanted items, it wouldn't be a pet mod because just like how all abilities correspond to an item in EI, every combination of 2 stats is covered in this.
In fact, each of the neutral natures is already linked to a specific stat so choosing which natures go to each stat wouldn't even be subjective

Hardy would switch HP/Attack, Docile would switch HP/Defense etc
Fair arguments, I have no logical complaints at this point really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)