NBA Offseason 2009

IMO the Magic only look to have improved on paper, I think the season will reveal that they aren't really a better team at all.

And just because the Magic have a good matchup against the Cavs doesn't mean they're a better team ;O

Though I agree that at the moment the Lakers should be the undisputed number 1.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Our bench at this moment consists of rasheed wallace, eddie house, and marquis daniels. Im expecting glen davis to return too, so that makes 3 backups who have proven themselves to be solid starters in the league, and eddie house who is the celtics energy guy off the bench. Theres also a chance marbury stays, but i admit that is very doubtful. Also, marquis daniels is not a center, he's a wingman, mainly playing the 2 or 3 depending on matchups. He also has the skills to be the primary ball handler and if the celts do not get a quality backup for rondo expect daniels to handle the ball alot when rondo's getting a rest.

Also, our starting lineup is just as good as the year we won the championship if not better. Rondo and perk have grown leaps and bounds in the late part of the season and the playoffs. Everybody knows about rondo averaging almost a triple double in the playoffs this year. Everybody knows about perkins absolutely shutting down dwight howard on the block. The thing people didnt really see was the huge improvement of perk's post moves on the block. He used to be pretty poor there, but did quite well 1v1 post moves in the postseason, against noah/howard mainly, 2 good defenders.

I have no idea how you can rank the celts the 7th best team
I could have sworn Daniels was a center...that's my fault. I can't believe I blundered like that; I should have looked it up. Regardless, Perkins may have improved offensively but from what I have seen he is still not a threat. And, like I said before, it is so close between the leagues top seven teams. My list is based on my gut feeling as to how they will finish at the end of the year. Nothing more.

IMO the Magic only look to have improved on paper, I think the season will reveal that they aren't really a better team at all.

And just because the Magic have a good matchup against the Cavs doesn't mean they're a better team ;O

Though I agree that at the moment the Lakers should be the undisputed number 1.
if the only question concerning lakers is chemistry via artest, then how do you say lakers are undisputed yet magic are only good on paper o_O

Hawks 8th seed in the east?? After getting a decent draft and getting Jamaal Crawford for just about nothing? And resigning Bibby? They've only gotten better, so I'm questioning putting the heat or the wizards over them.

I mean, whatever, but in my opinion:
East

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
-------------big gap in wins
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Raptors
7. Heat
8. Bobcats (watch out)

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Mavs
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Suns

I think the Wizards are being overated a bit. It is convenient that they play in the weak East, but that wont matter much. Gilbert has to prove he can stay healthy first, along with Miller still being effective. Gilbert hasnt been the same since he signed that extension, and I dont even think hes played more then a half a season since then either

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, I might as well make my predictions seed-wise and stuff.

West:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Denver
5. Portland (they're young; I see them making some mistakes early on and then turning it up come playoff time and beating Denver round 1)
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Clippers

East:

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Magic (who will beat the Cavs AGAIN round 2)
4. Chicago
5. Hawks
6. Washington
-------------------- (pretty much could be anyone besides like 3 teams in the East in the last 2 slots)
7. Heat
8. Sixers (ugh I dont know)

I just can't bring myself to put the Suns at 8; I think they've been making all the wrong moves, and I expect that to show when they play. Clippers got Griffin, who while I don't think will ever be a super star, should be a very solid, reliable NBA player. Clippers have their problems, but I think their woes are less than the Suns.

it was a steroid lol. the subheader of the article itself says "Rashard Lewis, Orlando Magic forward, tests positive for a steroid."

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When was the last time a nba star got suspended for steroids. haha! Its always the quiet ones..

it was a steroid lol. the subheader of the article itself says "Rashard Lewis, Orlando Magic forward, tests positive for a steroid."
Well, it really isnt that big of a deal. It isnt anywhere near as big of a deal as it would be in something like baseball. It effected his performance, but it wasnt like steroids help you shoot 3's or hit clutch free throws....

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Pistons are just bolstering their roster. I agree with you that they will fail at Center. I think they are still a playoff team though.
Not hard to be a playoff team in this weak East. Hell, the Sixers might even make the playoffs and they are sure to suck this year since they don't have a functioning point guard (I'm not sold on Jrue just yet.)

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pistons are way past their championship run. Their finished. 7-8th seed at best.

celts and glen davis finally reached an agreement. Davis will get 6.3 mil for 2 years, fair contract i guess. Marquis daniels is also expected to finally reach the celtics this week, whether it be a trade that the celts lose tony allen, or by the bi anual exception worth roughly 2 mil. With those 2 in boston, the celts are set in every position but backup pg.

franky

Is Anthony Carter available? A solid, cheap veteran that could compliment Rondo would fit in nicely.

yeah right if carter declined a 1.3 mil contract with denver, whom he loves, then there's no way in hell boston is getting him for like the vet's min. he's looking for a multi year anyways

The way i see it, the celts are going to go into the season with our draft pick lester hudson being the backup pg. Im not to confident in him, hell he was the 58th pick in the draft...but he looks like a decent scorer, salim stoudamire comes to mind for a comparison.

I would like either marbury back, or the celts sign jason williams in his comeback attempt.

In other news Aldridge to get his extension soon

The way i see it, the celts are going to go into the season with our draft pick lester hudson being the backup pg. Im not to confident in him, hell he was the 58th pick in the draft...but he looks like a decent scorer, salim stoudamire comes to mind for a comparison.

I would like either marbury back, or the celts sign jason williams in his comeback attempt.

In other news Aldridge to get his extension soon
Sadly, Jay Will is never going to come back. Hes already tried with the Nets, and that didnt go very well. Plus, I think he enjoys his spot on ESPN as a college bbal analyst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)