NBA Offseason 2009

ogballin your thinking of jay williams

jason williams retired last year and is considering making a comeback this year. I've heard no rumors about where he's looking at yet but i'd certainly like him on the celts

You guys actually have the Wizards in the playoffs? Don't you see how all Washington teams fail? They all spend big money, have solid rosters, just never do prove anything.

1. Celtics- Probably the best TEAM in the NBA, no arguing
2. Cavs- Shaq is great, but isn't enough to put them past the Celtics
3. Hawks- I sort of think they're better than Cleveland, but Joe Johnson just seems so soft, and doesn't have the attitude per say, to put them over the top. One hell of a draft, and one great off-season, they may can beat out Boston in the ECF.
4. Magic- I actually think the Magic are worse than they were a season ago. Losing Hedo was major regardless what anyone says. Vince Carter is great sure, but i'm pretty sure Pietrus and Carter's game pretty much identical, aside from the fact that Carter is no longer human when he's around the rim, but, they don't have enough half court offense to satisfy me, Hedo was their half court offense.
5. Heat- Probably havce the best player in the NBA. Wade is a beast and is enough to get them any where in the playoffs, Beasly is also a great 2nd go to guy.
6. Pacers- Probably the wild card team here, but they have so much potential, i just want to do well and with names like, Granger, Dunleavy, Tinsley, Murphy and a lot more, they have the roster bulk to do major damage during the season and post season.
7. Raptors- Hedo, Chris, Jose. Then role players like Jack and rookie DeRozan. They'll be fun to watch.
8. 76'ers- Horrible team to me, but less horrible than the Bulls once they lost Hinrich AND Gordon. Even less horrible than the Wizards and Pistons, so they're here, lol

West is dumb, Lakers are going back to the finals no problem.
1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Mavericks
4. Spurs
5. Suns
6. Rockets
7. Trail Blazers
8. Warriors

Also, for all those West fans, the East is better than the West

Even if Ben Wallace is going downhill, I still think that the Raptors should have signed him. He took the veteran's minimum, and he's defensive-minded, something that our entire team isn't. Detroit won't be going far though.

ogballin your thinking of jay williams

jason williams retired last year and is considering making a comeback this year. I've heard no rumors about where he's looking at yet but i'd certainly like him on the celts
My bad, he was supposedly signed wit the Knicks a few weeks ago, but after looking it up the Knicks only had exclusive rights to make him an offer. The Celts also dont really need him either. They dont exactly need a top backup at every position

Lastly, what the hell is up with this Boston talk about needing a back up Point Guard. I'm pretty sure House can fill the role, you act as if Rondo and Allen are going to be subbed out with each other every time they play. It really isn't that serious.

House
T.Allen
Daniels
Wallace
Who ever there back up Center is

Is pretty much fine, Boston is fine, leave them alone, thank you.

Lastly, what the hell is up with this Boston talk about needing a back up Point Guard. I'm pretty sure House can fill the role, you act as if Rondo and Allen are going to be subbed out with each other every time they play. It really isn't that serious.

House
T.Allen
Daniels
Wallace
Who ever there back up Center is

Is pretty much fine, Boston is fine, leave them alone, thank you.
Boston would only need a backup PG if they decide to trade Rondo. Although he is a very good player, Doc Rivers has said that he's uncoachable and they don't want to give him a long extension. If they end up trading him now or later, they can't depend on House to be a great starting PG giving them a whole lot of minutes.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
More moves that wont hurt them, the better. I'm all for Anthony Carter for Celtics if he rejects the offer.

celts need a backup for rondo because after rondo, the team has trouble bringing the ball up vs pressure. Eddie house is great, but he's not the greatest ball handler and has trouble vs pressure defense. He's also much better off the ball running of screens, marbury and house on the court together last year proved rather effective. We only need a backup pg to play like 10-15 min a game while rondo is out to bring the ball up and set up the offense, cause rondo is really the only player that can do it effectively.

He is a back up. Most back ups, play against... back ups. So please, back up :toast: about all this point guard vacancy. Rondo and House are fine. House can bring the ball up court or the shooting guard. Point guards can run screens to. Celtics can't have but so many potential starters, but potent backs ups, coming of the bench.

You guys actually have the Wizards in the playoffs? Don't you see how all Washington teams fail? They all spend big money, have solid rosters, just never do prove anything.

1. Celtics- Probably the best TEAM in the NBA, no arguing
2. Cavs- Shaq is great, but isn't enough to put them past the Celtics
3. Hawks- I sort of think they're better than Cleveland, but Joe Johnson just seems so soft, and doesn't have the attitude per say, to put them over the top. One hell of a draft, and one great off-season, they may can beat out Boston in the ECF.
4. Magic- I actually think the Magic are worse than they were a season ago. Losing Hedo was major regardless what anyone says. Vince Carter is great sure, but i'm pretty sure Pietrus and Carter's game pretty much identical, aside from the fact that Carter is no longer human when he's around the rim, but, they don't have enough half court offense to satisfy me, Hedo was their half court offense.
5. Heat- Probably havce the best player in the NBA. Wade is a beast and is enough to get them any where in the playoffs, Beasly is also a great 2nd go to guy.
6. Pacers- Probably the wild card team here, but they have so much potential, i just want to do well and with names like, Granger, Dunleavy, Tinsley, Murphy and a lot more, they have the roster bulk to do major damage during the season and post season.
7. Raptors- Hedo, Chris, Jose. Then role players like Jack and rookie DeRozan. They'll be fun to watch.
8. 76'ers- Horrible team to me, but less horrible than the Bulls once they lost Hinrich AND Gordon. Even less horrible than the Wizards and Pistons, so they're here, lol
What??? The East is going to look like this.

1- Cavs- The Acquisition of Shaq to atleast put a decent body on Dwight Howard gets them the first spot
2- Celtics- Despite an aging roster they are still a team to be reckoned with
3-Hawks- Joe Johnson is in for a monster season as are the hawks
4- Wizards- They have waay more potential than this but you can't go from worst to first that fast can you?
5- Raptors- They could be as high as number 3 but I'm not sure about them yet, but Bosh, Turgelo, and Calderon is nothing to sneeze at
6- Heat- Dwayne Wade will...will his team to the playoffs just like he did last year, but this time he will get a little more help from Beasley
7- Magic- In my opinion Hedo was just as valuable as Howard and without Hedo they are not making it out of the first round of the playoffs
8- Pacers- I'm not in love with them but they have good potential..but could easily be replaced by the 76ers or Bobcats.

Your West seems fine except the Suns aren't going to make it because the Grizzles are going to make it in their spot.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
nuggets lost kleiza to some overseas team, does anyone else think this a big loss for them or is it just me?

What??? The East is going to look like this.

1- Cavs- The Acquisition of Shaq to atleast put a decent body on Dwight Howard gets them the first spot
2- Celtics- Despite an aging roster they are still a team to be reckoned with
3-Hawks- Joe Johnson is in for a monster season as are the hawks
4- Wizards- They have waay more potential than this but you can't go from worst to first that fast can you?
5- Raptors- They could be as high as number 3 but I'm not sure about them yet, but Bosh, Turgelo, and Calderon is nothing to sneeze at
6- Heat- Dwayne Wade will...will his team to the playoffs just like he did last year, but this time he will get a little more help from Beasley
7- Magic- In my opinion Hedo was just as valuable as Howard and without Hedo they are not making it out of the first round of the playoffs
8- Pacers- I'm not in love with them but they have good potential..but could easily be replaced by the 76ers or Bobcats.

Your West seems fine except the Suns aren't going to make it because the Grizzles are going to make it in their spot.
Crack kills...... The Magic at 7 just makes you look silly. Now, I think they are not as good without Hedo... but 7th? Do you realize how bad you have to be to be 7th in the East? With 50 wins the Magic can easily be the 3rd seed. The Wizards at 4? Are you serious lmao. I dont think you realize how bad Gilbert blew out his knee. He hasnt played anything close to a full season since he signed that extension.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OGBallin, actually read up on the Wizards before you make blanket statements.

Arenas did not blow out his knee that badly; he had a freak accident with Gerald Wallace which would have injured any player. It was a torn meniscus, which under normal circumstances would heal in about a year. However, in 2007, Gilbert was rushed back onto the court before he was ready to play, first in the beginning of the year, and secondly near the end of the year.

In 2008, he could have played from about mid-season on, however, they decided to be cautious with his injury, not to mention the team was tanking.

Arenas is healthy, and our team is loaded with talent, both from the return of Arenas and Haywood (who is an elite defensive center and a top 10 center overall despite not putting up gaudy stats), and the addition of Foye, Miller, as well as internal improvements from Andray Blatche and Javale McGee (who Dwight Howard compares to, well...Dwight Howard).

Wizards are clearly 4; the Miami Dwayne Wades suck other than Dwayne Wade, the Raptors will be the worst rebounding team in the NBA (Bargs/Bosh/Turkoglu good god), Philly has talent on paper but have one of the worst coaches in the NBA, and the Hawks are inconsistent and Joe Johnson is a 2nd tier star at best (more like a 3rd tier star).

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Philly has talent on paper but have one of the worst coaches in the NBA
Hahahahaha spoken like a true Wizard fan. This is why I am not so high on the 76ers this year, DiLeo was way better than Eddie Jordan will ever be.

Word on the street is that the Sixers got rid of DiLeo to try and convince Andre Miller to stay...Yeah, that worked out great.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
leon powe signing a 2 year deal with the cavs. seems like a great pickup for them if he can get healthy.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ Ancient

Wizards are not clear 4's. Anything happens at 4. The Raptors can't be the worst rebounding frontcourt. Bosh is capable of averaging a double double, Bargnani has loads of improvement, rebound-wise and Turkgolu is not bad at all. Most people forget we have Evans and Rasho, who are solid rebounders, and are rebound-first guys.

Okay here's how the east is gonna turn out
1. Boston
2.Cavaliers
3.Orlando
4.Wizards
5.Raptors
6.Hawks
7.Heat
8.Pacers

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Ancient

Wizards are not clear 4's. Anything happens at 4. The Raptors can't be the worst rebounding frontcourt. Bosh is capable of averaging a double double, Bargnani has loads of improvement, rebound-wise and Turkgolu is not bad at all. Most people forget we have Evans and Rasho, who are solid rebounders, and are rebound-first guys.
Lol you are the worst rebounding frontcord ever. Bosh aside, Bargnani is a 3 point shooting pussy of a centre, Turk is a good offensive player but a lol rebounder and when you're bringing Rasho and Evans into the conversation, you know that your team is thin.

Sorry to say it franky, but the Raptors (and their offseason acquisitions) are ridiculously overrated, if they do make the playoffs they'll only just scrape in cause the east is ridiculously shit outside of Celts/Magic/Cavs.

franky

Lol you are the worst rebounding frontcord ever. Bosh aside, Bargnani is a 3 point shooting pussy of a centre, Turk is a good offensive player but a lol rebounder and when you're bringing Rasho and Evans into the conversation, you know that your team is thin.

Sorry to say it franky, but the Raptors (and their offseason acquisitions) are ridiculously overrated, if they do make the playoffs they'll only just scrape in cause the east is ridiculously shit outside of Celts/Magic/Cavs.
If you didn't know Bargnani has burst out of the "labelled-bust" stamp on its forehead. He has been terrific the second half of the season, even beating Rashard Lewis in all category of stats (second half of season). Yes even rebounding. This is completely speculation but he could improve his rebounding numbers because he is still ridicolously young and can grow to be a good rebounder. Point is, last season we were a bunch of pillows and I still can't shake the feeling of us being the softest frontcourt this year with out accusitions. Rasho / Evans / Bosh / Bargnani rotation is a solid rebounding team.

As for your second paragraph.. your probably right about Magic / Cavs / Celtics wiping the floor on us, but I think the accusitions are underrated. Not much appreciate Jack / Belineli (steal) / Hedo / Wright / Evans / Rasho requrings, which was basically a steal. I dont think its near overrated at all, but instead i think its underatted. most people just look at the hedo to raptors is it but there are more 'invincible acquirings' to make this team better than last year. well just see come to next season.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh no you didn't just badmouth Reggie Evans.

Guess who's averaged 15 rebounds per 48 minutes in every season since the league started keeping track of the stat (05-06)? Reggie. Trust me, I watched him every game when he was in Philly, the only reason he is in the league now is because of his rebounding.

The Raptors may be thin offensively if they have to "resort" to playing Reggie, but he makes up for it with his unparalleled effort and intensity and his unquestionable rebounding ability. Plus he annoys the shit out of opposing players so that Reggie doesn't even have to play defense.

The East is just so mediocre this year that any team can finish 4-12 and it wouldn't surprise me. Everyone thought the Raptors were a lock for the playoffs last year and that didn't happen at all, the reverse could be just as true this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)