NBA Offseason 2009

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe starting Evans and having bargani on the bench would be good.
Well, I know you're probably joking but

Reggie Evans is no starter. Believe me, Philly tried it last year and it just doesn't work out. Yeah, he works hard and is very intense, but he literally has no ability to dribble. I can't count on my fingers and toes how many times Reggie had a rebound but then lost it out of bounds because he tried to dribble it out of there.

Best coming off the bench as his energy level is unmatched.

I hope the Cavs continue to dance and show off every game so I can lol big time when they don't make it past round 2 in the 2010 playoffs.

Pistons all the way

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Edit: Raptors trade Roko and Delfino for Sonny Weems and Amir Johnson.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Trade seems kind of meh. Raptors give up Delfino when their cluttered at shooting guard for a player who averaged 3.5 points last year. Ukic sucks and Sonny Weems won't get much time, if any.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trade seems kind of meh. Raptors give up Delfino when their cluttered at shooting guard for a player who averaged 3.5 points last year. Ukic sucks and Sonny Weems won't get much time, if any.
I think its for CAP space, otherwise its a dumb move for Raptors. I'm pretty sure its for CAP space.

Amir Johnson seems like he can be a beast if he can develop. Apparently he has all the skills but just hasn't been given the playing time. We have a good number of bigs here, but if we can even give him the garbage minutes, we'll probably be well off.

Another piece: We're trading our garbage for the Mavs' garbage. Apparently Colangelo wants to bring in Matt Carroll for Marcus Banks. It's a good move for Dallas, and Colangelo's first shitty one of the offseason. I think that he's hoping for Carroll to be able to come in and shoot some threes when no one on our second unit can score, but I don't think it's worth a longer and more expensive contract for a SLIGHTLY better player.

franky

I'd rather have Marcus sit at the bench for 2 more years than have Caroll hindering Derozan's potential for 4 years. I don't understand why B.C did this. We already have Belinelli

On one note, I really pity Quentin Richardson. Traded 4 times in the space of about 2 months....he's got to be feeling really unwanted right about now.

On another note, the Celtics bringing in Rasheed Wallace could be the move that gets them back on top this year. If they can stay healthy (which I'll admit is a rather big 'if'), the Celts are going to be a team to be reckoned with this winter.

On one note, I really pity Quentin Richardson. Traded 4 times in the space of about 2 months....he's got to be feeling really unwanted right about now.
I don't think it's so much not being wanted, it's being wanted a lot more by another team than the team you're on. Then again, he's not an impact player anymore. He was on the Knicks anyway, so he should've prepared himself mentally for moving out of the way for LeBron anyway.
On another note, the Celtics bringing in Rasheed Wallace could be the move that gets them back on top this year. If they can stay healthy (which I'll admit is a rather big 'if'), the Celts are going to be a team to be reckoned with this winter.
The Celts are getting really old now. They'll be able to continue scoring, but I think that their defensive expertise will start to slow down.

Celts are getting REAL old. They've been trying to ship RayRay out of Boston, since the beginning of the off season. If you guys ask why, Ray Allen just turned 34 in July, he's still gonna be the set-up three point shooter, but he is gonna get blown by quicker guards *Cough* LeBron *Cough*. BUT, resigning Big Baby, was EXTREMELY good for them

BTW, I'm a huge Golden State Warriors fan. Just so you guys know.

Celts are getting REAL old. They've been trying to ship RayRay out of Boston, since the beginning of the off season. If you guys ask why, Ray Allen just turned 34 in July, he's still gonna be the set-up three point shooter, but he is gonna get blown by quicker guards *Cough* LeBron *Cough*. BUT, resigning Big Baby, was EXTREMELY good for them

BTW, I'm a huge Golden State Warriors fan. Just so you guys know.
Ray doesnt guard lebron (Pierce would), but I still agree with that. Somebody like a Brandon Roy would beat him off the dribble everytime

wow there is so much wrong in this comment

1. Ray allen was never seriously considered being traded this offseason
2. There is a report saying ray allen will stay with celts past this next year
3. Lebron is not a guard
4. ray allen will never guard lebron james as the primary defender

Ray allen was the most consistent celtic through the season last year, but the most inconsistent by far in the playoffs. I guess you forgot he had a 50 point game vs chicago. Ray allens top of the league work ethic will keep him effective in the league for a few more years. Glen davis signing is not as big as you seem to think either. He is an awful rebounder, mediocre defender, with slightly above average offensive moves. Unfortunately most of boston believes he has hit his ceiling in terms of potential, unless he loses a ton of weight of course, all bets are off then.

Post fixed.

wow there is so much wrong in this comment

1. Ray allen was never seriously considered being traded this offseason
2. There is a report saying ray allen will stay with celts past this next year
3. Lebron is not a guard
4. ray allen will never guard lebron james as the primary defender

Ray allen was the most consistent celtic through the season last year, but the most inconsistent by far in the playoffs. I guess you forgot he had a 50 point game vs chicago. Ray allens top of the league work ethic will keep him effective in the league for a few more years. Glen davis signing is not as big as you seem to think either. He is an awful rebounder, mediocre defender, with slightly above average offensive moves. Unfortunately most of boston believes he has hit his ceiling in terms of potential, unless he loses a ton of weight of course, all bets are off then.

Post fixed.
They said in Sportscenter, Ray was in talks. Whoops, I meant Kobe (Not LeBron) Big Baby still brings youth along with the Cal man.

I MEANT KOBE!

franky

Playoffs is where it counts. Also technically, Garnett was the most consistent the entire season even with injuries.

Well in the first round against D Rose's Bulls, Ray Allen was the MVP of that series. He was Mr. Clutch (except for the 1st game xD) He fired 51 one game, and even hit 2 game winners (or was it 1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)