Tournament NDPL I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

art by Dharma

NDPL is right around the corner and we're now looking for managers. Only post if you would like to sign up to manage a team. You won't get to pick your assistant manager; instead, you can draft a player during the draft and appoint one of your drafted players as your assistant manager.

We are still discussing the final format list, as the size of the teams depends on the number of signups, and the amount of support thrown in for other metagames still varies. Therefore, we are not announcing a finalized format list until we get a decent number of signups. You can contribute to format discussion here.

This thread will be open for approximately a week (until August 30th).

E: Also I forgot to mention but managers will have the choice to buy themselves in the drafts.

Format of a signup post:
Code:
Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:

Last edited:

Avery

Banned deucer.
I’d love to manage, very excited for NDPL

Unfortunate I can't sign up with my ideal assistant manager, guess sometimes you gotta spend a little to win a little more.

e: wow i got here before the signup format was up talk about jumping the gun

Manager: Sevelon
Team Name: Chicago Krookodile
List of Accomplishments: Natdex Spring SSNL winner and natdex council member
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I’m good at working with others and my experience with the tiers in question would go a long way in helping my (potential) team.

:krookodile:

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Manager: SputnikGT
Team Name: Stalwart Skarmories
List of Accomplishments: National Dex Council Member, National Dex VR team, former member of the National Dex UU Council and VR. Played for the Galactic Astrolotls in CAPPL and currently for the Pay Day Persians in ZUPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've been playing National Dex since the Dynamax Era and have been invested in the OU metagame for a long time at this point, in addition to knowing a good amount about the current environments for both UU and AG. I feel confident that I can manage the team well and be a leader in the format. I know how PLs work and I feel like I am ready to take the next step and manage a team.

:skarmory:

msnt

\!/
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Manager: msnt
Team Name: Charismatic Charizards
List of Accomplishments: I've made quarter-finals in National Dex Ladder Tournament.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Even if I'm not really active in the community, I'm laddering sometimes to keep in touch with the tier to see what are the new trends. I've also captaining some french team tournaments and so I've some experience in captaining and I would like to lead a team on Smogon.

Last edited:
Manager: Sagisolar
Team Name: The Dex-Seeking Seakings
List of Accomplishments: Helped my RCOP team get to Round 2. Also had a decent run in ND SSNL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've been around National Dex since the early days of Dynamax Kartana beating everyone. I've seen the community grow over time, and as someone who has played in a team tour before I feel confident that I can put together a great team that will work together.

:ss/seaking:

Last edited:

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: 64 Squares
Team Name: Scissoring Scizors
List of Accomplishments: Made top 6 of nd ssnl, won nd 3v3 tour, made ndag kickoff finals, played upl and agpl this year.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've had a lot of success in the nat dex circuit this year and I know the player base very well as I've been active in the discord and following all the tours. I currently build in all 3 tiers (OU, UU, AG), and I'm really excited to innovate UU this tour as well as I feel it still hasnt really been figured out. Overall, I feel very motivated for this tour and I know I'll draft a great team of players and help them succeed.

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Ainzcrad
Team Name: Slateport Absols
List of Accomplishments : I made top 16 in AG Seasonal, made finals in the Natdex Team Tour (went 4-0), played in AGPL (went 4-2 in Natdex AG) and won minor tours like OMFL (went 4-1) and won Oras Pure Hackmons Swiss Tour (Went 5-0). I've also played in mutiple team tours like TPP 1, BLT, OM Snake, and currently in TPP2. Also won TPP1 (3-3).

Why would I make a good manager? : I know the community on who does what in terms of what tiers they play. I'm also a solid builder in my personal opinion. Outside of that I have experience managing in many Discord PLs if that counts ;_; and overall think that I am able to keep a team together. Making it a good time for most players and hopefully make it far into the tour.

Last edited:
Manager: velvet blood
Team Name: Freedom Farfetch’d
List of Accomplishments: Had the opportunity to participate in several different premier leagues which have helped me gain experience in terms of being a team player: ompl, agpl, nfepl, snake draft, etc.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I’m freshly new to the Natdex outside of OU and AG, but I would think I know the players overall and have a good experience with them this premier league. I had the opportunity to manage a team for AGPL and currently managing in TPP, and what I learned from these premier leagues as a manager will help me and my team grow together as players to reach for success.

Last edited:

Micaiah

Disgustosa ostentazione di plutocratica sicumera
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Micaiah
Team Name: The Pleasednuts
List of Accomplishment: got to finals of NDLT
Why would you make a Good Manager?: while I only picked up NatDex recently, I have a decent amount of experience in team tours, playing in a bunch of them in the italian and roa circuit, and co-managing Team Mediterranean in the last edition of roa olympics. I'm very motivated to lead my team to victory and I'm also eager to try my hand at building in NatDex UU.

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
Manager: ADF Test
Team Name: Awesome Ass Apes
List of Accomplishments: I've made semis in numerous ND AG tours. Qualified for each suspect test for NatDex. Made it to playoffs in OLT before. Played in numerous Premier Leagues before.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I know how to prepare for opponents. I know how to do my research. I've also had a bunch of experience with PLs on how a good manager operates and a bad one as well. I've been around the block with dofferent PLs among different metagames. I'm also extremely motivated and eager to win and bust ass and have fun.

Manager: Jho
Team Name: Pogging Pexs
List of Accomplishments: Managed a team to finals of CAPPL 6, as well as managed the winning team of CAPPL 5. Qualified for NDLT playoffs, placed decently in spring seasonal, and have played in, managed in, and hosted a decent number of tours and teamtours now.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I know the National Dex community very well and have a great amount of experience in team tours means I am well versed in how to run a fun + productive team environment.

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: faded love
Team Name: Triumphant Terrakions
List of Accomplishments: new year tour finalist, spring seasonal runner up, ladder tour qualifier, have been in other team tournaments for other tiers like NFEPL and UUPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Despite being a little rough around the edges, I am generally very accommodating to anyone who has not antagonized me previously. I can provide teams, metagame knowledge, and will be online and available to tend to a teammate’s needs almost always bar schoolwork being a headache. I also have a wide knowledge of various communities and am interested in spotting out players I feel to be undervalued.

Manager:hoopa590
Team name:murdering medicham
Accomplishments:I have come in the top 30 in nat dex ou ladder(still in top 500 but dont know my exact rank).Also won quite a lot of tournaments in tournaments and tours plaza
Why wld I make a good manager: I am calm and take decisions after a lot of thought.I also take everyone's opinion and then make a decision.I hope I get the position as a manager and also hope that if i do i get a good assistant:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)