SM UU Necrozma Bulky Offense

Introduction

Hello everyone I've been meaning to RMT something before the gen ends and I've been really enjoying this one as of late. This team was focused around Necrozma, which I think is a fairly underrated Pokemon even if it can face some stiff competition. No ladder peak or anything for this because I really don't have it in me to grind ladder anymore, fck this gen lol, but I am still in the mood to share this with you all. I'm pretty sure I have had a Mega Altaria in every RMT I have posted, but given one of my favorite Mons won't be making it into Gen 8 I had to :blobsad:

Team Building Process

Orig.PNG

This is what the team originally began as, but I wasn't content with the stall matchup with just Togekiss even if a Z-Move from Necro chunks a lot of bulkier Mons.

:Necrozma:
I obviously started with this Mon and as I mentioned above it was originally a Stealth Rock variant but ended up being CM given the slots easily freeing up for it. CM Necrozma performs rather well as a breaker especially when it comes to breaking stall.

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega:
Mega Altaria is a sweeper that benefits from the breaking capabilities of Necrozma to remove its checks in Amoonguss, Tentacruel, and most Steel-types like Scizor and Mega Aggron, which lose to this set. Malt also dealing with Krook and Hydra for Necrozma.

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega: :Hydreigon:
Hydreigon was added for Speed control, Ground immunity, and Ghost-resist to help deal with Gengar and Krook etc. This tier very much lacks in viable scarfers so there isn't too much to resort to when it comes to patching these wholes up, but Hydra does a good job here.

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega: :Hydreigon: :Volcanion:
Volcanion does several things on this team including being a Scizor check, Entry hazard remover, and gives me a way to better break bulky Ground- and Steel-types that could otherwise be annoying.

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega: :Hydreigon: :Volcanion: :Doublade:
Doublade was added because I needed a response to Cobalion and Terrakion than completely relying on Necro to pivot into them. Doublade also gives me another response to Latias other than Mega Altaria.

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega: :Hydreigon: :Volcanion: :Doublade: :Rhyperior:
Finally, I needed a Stealth Rock user and a better check to Flying- and Electric-types like Moltres, Mega Manectric, and Rotom-H.

In-Depth

Necrozma @ Psychium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Necrozma is a really cool Pokemon with its coverage options and nice SpA stat making rather difficult to pivot into. Calm Mind gives me a really strong stall and balance matchup as this Pokemon can tear through almost anything with a Shattered Psyche as Photon Geyser ignores Unaware users like bitch ass Pyukumuku. Though it does struggle to beak Blissey unless it has been substantially chipped for a +1 Z-Move to kill. Even without a boost, Necrozma is usually able to get its job done in breaking apart bulky cores for Mega Altaria or Doublade to sweep late-game. Heat Wave will breakthrough basically every Steel-type in the tier and Signal Beam stops you being walled by stuff like Celebi, Latias, and the recently dropped Mew. Prism Armor is also a fantastic ability, which eases the ability to stay in on shit like Krookodile and Hydreigon to remove them. You should look to bring this Pokemon in as much as you can early as its the dedicated breaker on this team.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Mega Altaria is one of the sweepers of the team and provides a lot of general role compression in general. DD Refresh helps as a secondary stall matchup, but it also lets it be a good status absorber, which a lot of members of my team need especially with Pokemon like Suicune and Empoleon being annoying otherwise. Malt gives a check to Hydreigon and Krookodile that could potentially revenge killed Necro if weakened and sits on Blissey for Necro. They also chip down each other's checks nicely. Getting off Altaria's evolution is pretty important given I don't have the best pivot into Hydreigon other than Rhyperior if not.

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Volcanion is my form of hazard removal and it does a good enough job at it with being able to remove common Stealth Rock users like Hippowdon, Gligar, and Mega Aggron. As I mentioned Volcanion is also one of my best responses to Scizor as well as Mega Altaria. Volcanion also gives a pivot into Primarina, which otherwise claims a life every time it comes in otherwise. The given spread lets you outpace Mega Altaria and Bisharp, letting me potentially remove or significantly chip the former before they set up. Shuca Berry is preferred to catch Pokemon like Mega Steelix, Krookodile, Nidoking, and Mamoswine if they try staying in.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Doublade is my response to Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and Terrakion. It also gives me a secondary response to Latias and Scizor. Nothing much to say about this Pokemon other than it can also sit and set up on Blissey and likes Necro breaking fat for it. I opted to use Sacred Sword here because as I'll mention below, Bisharp can be annoying to play around so giving it as few opportunities to set up is ideal.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Bog standard Choice Scarf Hydreigon to give me the needed speed control to revenge kill faster threats like Latias and Gengar. Revenge killing the Ghost-types like Gengar being fairly important given the upsurge of Ghostium Z variants. Hydreigon also invites in basically every Fairy-type, which gives Volcanion and Necrozma a lot of opportunities to break and whittle stuff down. Nothing else really worth adding.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch / Swords Dance

I've been really loving Rhyperior recently with it beating meta trends in Rotom-H, Gligar, Froslass, and Mimikyu. This is where Rock Blast is really nice as it can limit Froslass to one Spike and can deal enough damage to Mimikyu for something to revenge kill it thanks to it hitting multiple times. Rhyperior is important for giving me a response to Flying-types to not overwhelm Doublade, one of which being Moltres that can be an annoying wall for Mega Altaria. Rhyperior also deals with Rotom-H and Mega Manectric, giving it free opportunities to set up Stealth Rock. The last slot is fairly optional and I have played around with both, but I settled for Ice Punch primarily for its ability to immediately pressure Gligar, Latias, and Celebi etc, however, SD is still a fine option here also to give it some breaking potential + it still lets it beat Gligar.

Threat List

:Bisharp:
Bisharp
I don't have a real hard response to Bisharp, which is the premier reason it can be scary if it gets a free Swords Dance off against Hydreigon and if you can't afford to risk Doublade. However, this team has plenty of ways to prevent it freely setting up otherwise with Volcanion being faster, Malt KO's with some chip, and Rhyperior tanking pretty much any hit.

:Mamoswine:
Mamoswine
I'm gonna list this because it's just annoying to deal with because again, no real pivot. This isn't too big of a deal if you keep entry hazards up and Shuca Berry on Volcanion can let you pivot in once. It also freely comes in on nothing so is reliant on Voltturn support or a free switch.

:Gengar:
Gengar
Gengar is honestly a bitch to deal with lol. Hydreigon helps with revenge killing it, otherwise I am reliant on Rock Blast on Rhyperior and Shadow Sneak on Doublade to deal with it. Rhyperior can tank a hit well including an All-Out Pummeling so you have to play smart around this Pokemon.

:Latias:
Latias
Latias isn't particularly that problematic if you play the matchup smart, given how many responses I have to deal with it. But, if you give it too many opportunities to break before Altaria can get its mega evolution off then you could have issues.

Replays
syke, I'll get some new ones and add them later I promise owo

Shoutouts
vivalospride Amane Misa
You two pretty much taught me everything I know when it comes to this shit tier and Viv for lecturing all the rates I did to help become an inferior team rater to him :bloblul:

Peeps in the UU community, goons, crew, and fake battlegirls o.o
Juuno Scizorphobic Sage Hilomilo Nuked Estarossa Jacobikko Accelgor yeezyknows BackAtYouBro ehT (Cute user tbh) martha A Cake Wearing A Hat Kink Moutemoute itsjustdrew Wigglytuff 'sei. Darksafadao Indigo Plateau SilvioGuacamole Come back bro :( CBU Donphantastic Smallsmallrose Adaam esche Daiyaga Stoward PinkDragonTamer Pak faded love Notily Euphonos Odd Della Robbia Heysup Wanony Diophantine dingbat yogi Jordy curiosity lyd Jytcampbell TSR I'm actually Cash Eyan Pearl

The RMT team
TPP Gross Sweep maroon ShuckleDeath DKM Eien mil

The fools in Nyoom Gang ._.
gum KellyKafka Specs royesk PhantomHurious MARCU5theBAW5 tom holland sketchy ecchi

and anyone else I missed, I'm sorry if you fall under this category. Too many of you guys.

Importable

:Necrozma: :Altaria-Mega: :Hydreigon: :Volcanion: :Doublade: :Rhyperior:
Click Me

I hope to see most of you return to play in Gen 8!

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hello there, Mr. Twilight, that is a nice team.
However, I think that you can optimise the Hydreigon set. I would go with this:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

4 HP EVs give it a HP stat of 326 which is one greater than 325, which you initially had. This helps Hydreigon vs everything in damage rolls - every little helps! 326 is not divisible by 8, so you do not take an extra point of damage from Stealth Rocks, and this would only mean you would take more from Nature's Madness or Super Fang, which of course you wouldn't come across anyway!

More importantly:
I will bring back Silvio at all costs, by force if I have to. You can count on me.

I hope you enjoyed this rate! Let me know if you have any questions regarding the change. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)