SS Ubers Necrozma-Dusk-Mane & Marshadow Bulky Offense (Peak 1810 ELO, 92.0 GXE)

Icemaster

Few will truly understand.
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Initial: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Marshadow::Lunala::Ditto::Zacian-Crowned::Tyranitar:

:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
This was actually the first post home Ubers team I built. I wanted to see how the dropping of new brokens to abuse Dynamax like NDM and Marshadow would fare in the metagame. From playing National Dex AG, I knew Necrozma-Dusk-Mane was one of the most broken Dynamax Abusers and also one of the most solid Zacian switchins, so I knew that this was almost needed to have for any good team. I opted for an offensive set with Weakness Policy and Dragon Dance while having a Defensive spread, this lets it setup on things such as Zacian and Eternatus while becoming almost unstoppable once setup.

:Marshadow:
As I chose to run a defensive spread for Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, I chose to also run Marshadow, which abuses common switchins to NDM eg Quagsire, Corviknight, Ferrothorn, Lunala and can threaten the Rotoms with a massive close combat. It's stabs are pretty much impossible for all but defensive eternatus to switch in to reliably, and NDM sets up on that, so it feels like a natural combo. It can also come in on a predicted taunt from stall2, although risky. It also forces out Curse Ferrothorn for Zekrom.

:Lunala:
I wanted my own reliable switchin to non Shadow Ball Mewtwo, Zekrom and Dusk Mane. However, it did nothing vs fatter teams and I later replaced it with Zekrom.

:Zekrom:
This was just to help me break fatter teams with ease, and is one of the other great dmax abusers. Before having this, Corvi/Pex/Ferro/Lunala fat teams were slightly problematic.

:Ditto:
Pretty much mandatory for ladder with the amount of setup spam/webs going around. Oftentimes people carelessly used their dmaxer/zacian and it just won from there.

:Zacian:
Has a good MU vs offensive teams and importantly invites in stuff like Defensive NDM which my own NDM or Zekrom can setup on. Also is a great cleaner and threatens Dmax marsh enormously, which would otherwise be a huge issue.

:Tyranitar:
Much needed rocker and a good check to Mewtwo, Eternatus while spreading status on things like Quagsire. It also checks Lunala and can act as switchin to a ditto'd version of my marshadow as Chople lets it safetly scout the move.

Final: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Marshadow: :Zekrom: :Ditto: :Zacian-Crowned: :Tyranitar:
The Team:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake​

The given EVs make it as bulky as possible to avoid being 2HKOed by Zacian's Crunch or Close Combat, and more likely to survive other super effective attacks eg Fusion Flare from KyuW, Moongeist Beam from Lunala, Shadow Ball from Mewtwo and Flamethrower from Eternatus to activate weakness policy. However, Weakness Policy does make it unable to switch into Marshadow using a ghost move, so be mindful of that. 36 Speed EVs creeps Lunala after a Dragon Dance, and Adamant Zacian/Mewtwo after 2. Weakness Policy is extremely easy to activate due to Prism Armor/being Dynamaxed/Defense boosts and after it has activated, given that you aren't burnt and they don't have Rotom-Heat/Wash it's usually over. This set also self improofs, ditto cannot break through it given you have the correct ratio of defense boosts, when you have no defense boosts you can comfortably take on a ditto with +1 attack, with 1 defense boost a Ditto with up to +3 attack, with 2 up to +5 attack and with 3 defense boosts up to +6 attack. Be mindful of how much defense boosts you have/weakness policy/how much moonlight you have left, if sand is up and if you have DMax left and the opponent does in order to decide how to play this set, as this team pretty much cannot deal with a ditto which copies this if Dusk Mane itself can't. It serves as the team's Zacian check and improofs my own Zacian, if the opponent decides to click Behemoth Blade. Also switches into GDarm (has to Dmax to kill band if band click flare/eq).

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief​

Marshadow's STABs are completely unresisted, and even worse is that literally nothing barring Toxapex and Eternatus want to switch into this, and Toxapex is abused by Zekrom anyway. Bulk Up is chosen as common stuff such as Corviknight are complete setup bait, and dynamaxed Marshadow can easily tear through stuff like Eternatus once boosted. Marshadow importantly threatens Ferrothorn which is one of the bigger problems for this team. Marshadow is also great vs offense due to Shadow Sneak, and can also break substitutes of pokemon such as Zekrom and Zacian for Ditto to then come in and copy them.

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw​

Lefties and Sub makes it extremely annoying for fatter teams which struggle to break the substitute. Substitute is generally immensely important to have as it lets you avoid status allowing for much safer setup and more importantly stops you from being revenged by ditto. It can also help stall out the opponent's dynamax turns. This set does struggle with Ferrothorn however, it's walled by Curse variants, and Body Press variants can break the Substitute in a shot. I opt for Dragon Claw over Outrage, as Outrage doesn't get any meaningful extra KOs and leaves me much more susceptible to being KOed by Zacian while not allowing me to freely DMax.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform​

Completely deters the opponent from setting up Swords Dance on their Zacian, deters Zekrom, Mewtwo, Dusk-Mane etc while helping vs offense which is currently plaguing the ladder. Ditto funnily enough is one of the best Dynamax abusers. Ditto lets me beat Hazard/Webs stacking teams and can also copy defoggers vs balance if necessary.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Behemoth Blade
- Crunch
- Protect / Close Combat​

Adamant is chosen as it carves through teams much more easily - especially important as it nears the 2HKO on defensive NDM with Crunch. While it misses out on Jolly Zacian and +1 max speed dusk mane, I don't think this is especially important for my team as I generally just sack something into Ditto if they setup, and Adamant Zacian can OHKO Jolly Zacian, while Jolly can't. Wild Charge importantly hits Corviknight and Toxapex, Crunch hits NDM - hard while being able to fish for drops or a crit, which is important as the sequence of defensive dusk mane going into Zacian happens often. It also hits Lunala hard. I initially used Close Combat but later switched to Protect, Protect is for Ditto; easing the predict (from Wild Charge, go into Zekrom or Dusk Mane, Crunch stay in, Behemoth go into Dusk Mane). The absence of Close Combat however makes me further susceptible to Ferrothorn and Melmetal, although they're rare.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Toxic
- Earthquake​

Toxic hits Mandibuzz and Quagsire which otherwise just sit on this, which is important as a toxiced Quagsire becomes useless in checking my Zacian or NDM. Sand Stream is great as it lets me break sashes (which are for some reason common on Marshadow), Chople and a SpDef set is chose to let me switch into Lunala/an Impostered version of my Marshadow to scout it's moves or to beat Lunala 1 on 1. Tyranitar also serves as my Mewtwo/KyuW/Reshiram check and provides the rocks. Rest allows me to PP stall defensive Eternatus coupled with ditto. Earthquake is important as it breaks Zekrom and Zacian's substitute while doing decent damage to Eternatus.

Threatlist:

Walls

Fatter teams with these and a Zacian check typically completely wall my team. Heattom completely walls NDM while being a complete nuisance with Volt Switch. Ferrothorn with Curse is the complete counter, it can wall NDM, Zekrom and Zacian, only being forced out by Marshadow. Not to mention spikes/rocks hazard stacking sets are annoying as my only method of hazard clearing is through using ditto to copy their defogger. Toxapex usually rounds off this type of team, and can lay TSpikes which completely undermines Zekrom and Marshadow - Zekrom can no longer use Substitute well and Marshadow once poisoned drops very very quickly coupled with LO chip/Sandstorm/Hazards. Luckily, most Toxapex don't carry TSpikes.

Offensive Threats

Excadrill with Air Balloon and with Swords Dance once it dynamaxes is pretty annoying to handle. If it doesn't have air balloon, ditto revenges it, otherwise I have to use NDM/Marsh to pop the balloon before copying it with ditto. Late game, Marshadow can do a ton of damage especially if my Zacian is chipped. This team loses to Sub Swag Marsh but tbh everything does. Dracovish only has Zekrom or Ditto to switch into its Fishious Rend, Outrage KOs these and my Zacian doesn't KO this back as it doesn't have play rough.

Trappers

Dugtrio traps Tyranitar with ease and can finish off Zacian/Zekrom. Gothitelle can trap Tyranitar and can trap an unboosted dusk mane given it gets a free switch into it.

Importable::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Marshadow: :Zekrom: :Ditto: :Zacian-Crowned: :Tyranitar:

Last edited:
Nice team icemaster! In my opinion, your anti-aggro team is quite strong in the current meta.
I think the Zekrom spread can be optimised though. Since you are running adamant Zekrom, there aren't any relevant benchmarks you hit by going 252 speed. I suggest using 196 speed instead, allowing you to outspeed timid Eternatus/Mewtwo after a Dragon Dance. You can dump the remaining EVs in hp. This makes your subs a bit harder to break, thus improving your matchup against body press Ferrothorn.

252+ Def Ferrothorn Body Press vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 83-98 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO [at 25% health]

Cheers and good luck on the ladder!

i like your team but i made small changes

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)