SM OU Need Help with team I made!!! Still stuck in low elo

Beginning Of The End

So basically i've been looking at thred teams for a long time but none get me out of 1300 elo after some expermimintation I made my own team i found it easier to use but harder to win with I was wondering if any of you could help me out with it.
1518483700794.png

The Setup/Weakener
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 4 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Iron Head

Excadrill is meant to
Attack the early tappu's or the annoying heatran while still setting up his stealth rock after that he can poison a Lando if that is the case. He is mainly meant as quick support in the middle or quick damage at the beginning. he can one shot koko with the sets they are using now and can quickly switch in to defend in case of magnezone.

1518483753387.png

The Attack/Sweeper
Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Kartana was probably the last pokemon I added I only added it because I realized how poweful chansey was against this team if bisharp was defeated I added this set which is relativly basic get him on the feild against some set up like ferrothorn and while they are to flustered to realize it you activate z-tailwind and start the sweep main threats are mons that can survive one of his hits such as maxed defence amoongus or the dreaded tangrowth otherwise this mon has won a few battles for me.

1518484019227.png

The Support/Clean up

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Rather simple set put it on a mon that has set up like crazy then force them to switch out with the threat of insane nuke like damage I find this mon is usually the last to die but nearly always does This is one of the main mons I need help with.

1518484229837.png

The Special/sweeper
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Trick

If everything else goes south this mon can oneshot about everything it outspeeds but the main problem is that terrible sucker punch which is the bane of all squishies this mon usually gets one kill before getting killed by a priority mon.

1518484369044.png

Mvp/Revenge killer
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

this mon is a beauty of nature it will destroy almost everything that comes in its path after one swords dance nothing can survive it puts the pain in painful not to mention people don't see it coming if you can get swords dance say bye bye to everything from kartana with sucker to celesteela with knock off

1518484537234.png

The grandpa/Specail support
Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This mon is my main go to switch in after a mon dies if three are out this goes in he can just survive sucker from most mons that use it and the deliver pain with dazzling however I debate if this is the best mega to use.

Well thats the team not the best but it works however I would love for some feedback and some changes to make this team super optimal

Attachments

Here are my first thoughts while looking at this team.

Ash-Greninja doesn't have a powerful water stab move such as hydro pump to deal lots of damage to steel types, as right now they can wall it depending on the mon, and hydro pump is just very powerful under specs. The usual sets are Hydro Pump, dark pulse, water shuriken, and then spikes, ice beam, or u-turn for the last move. I would either go for spikes or U-turn to gain momentum or to set up hazards to wear down the opposing team.

I don't like the 3 frail steel types on the team, and you have not a single ground resist or immunity, which is almost necessary on most teams. Your fire switch-ins are also frail mons and could be predicted quite easily. I think that replacing sash lead Excadrill with defensive Lando-t with a rocky helmet could be helpful to your team, as it is a ground immunity, can punish momentum through u-turn that players might go for, and is a pretty reliable rocker and able to do good damage.

I'm not going to change kartana because, although that set is not necessarily good, it is not too bad. You could obviously change it to swords dance with fightinium-z, a more common set. I have psycho cut because of the high crit rate and boost in the terrain. It also helps against Toxapex.

Scarf Tapu Lele works a lot better on this team as psychic terrain gives mega alakazam a huge power boost that can help break through bulkier teams. It also stops mega alakazam from being sucker punched. I'd definitely run psychic, moonblast, and hp fire on it, with last move options of focus blast or psyshock. Mega alakazam would run hp fire over dazzling gleam then because there is nothing dazzling gleam hits harder than psychic in terrain except for dark types, but you have focus blast for that. Lele already has moonblast, which is much stronger as it is stab.

Bisharp doesn't work well on this team for reasons of sucker punch not working and is not that useful so I would replace it with Magnezone, as it works very well in trapping steel types that the psychic core have trouble dealing with. An assault vest would be nice to add extra bulk to your team, and you already have a scarf, and a z-move, although you could very easily run a second scarf.

I know this is a lot of changes, but it should hopefully help out your team.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)