Need help with this Rain Team in doubles Shield Battle Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My first competitive SS team and I need help finishing it off from people who are more knowledgable. I have one spot left in my team and unsure what to use it for? I have 1 rain setter, 2 Swift Swim abusers (1 Attack and 1 SA), 1 Lightning Rod/fast utility and tank. Unsure what to fill the missing gap. I'll list my team so far but please comment what I should change.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- U-turn

The rain setter with tailwind. I've made him bulky instead of timid or modest holding a sash as I wanted the sash for Raichu. Unsure if I should swap one of these moves out for Roost. Also, should I distribute some of the EVs into SD?

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs

The Wet Flash! Close Combat for opposing Ferrothorns. Crunch for Dragapult. The last one I'm unsure of and just seen Psychic Fangs on Smogon. I did see a good build with Poison Jab. Choice band for the extra hitting band - plus this is my chief Dynamax guy as it'll give him the extra HP and won't lock him into a move.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fake Out
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Fake out support, hits hard with his SA. Assault vest to take a few SA hits. Maybe replace Scald with Muddy Water?

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Thunder
- Endeavor

Raichu, my fast utility support guy that can remove my electric weakness. So many moves I like on him and unsure if I should stick with Thunder. Electro Web, Nuzzle, and Volt Switch and helping hand. Encore I like paired with Fake Out. Focus Sash + Endeavor. I also consider Togedemaur but he's not as quick but hits a little harder and can cause a bit of mischief - unsure who to use?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
I
'm stuck with Ferrothorn? Should I distribute some of his EV's in SD and balance out. The last move slot I'm unsure? Protect is safe. Knockoff?

The final team slot I'm unsure about? I have no taunters to stop trick room and setups. I've seen WolfGlick use Gardivoir in a similar team with Thunderbolt, Psyshock, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast. Unsure if he used Gardivoir for the typing or moves? Grimmsnarl maybe with Prankster. I have a Dracovish sitting around but unsure if that's overkill with the water typing.
Thanks for your input :)

Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. You also need to post a completed team in these forums for it to be rated. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)