SS OU Need Major Help with my OU Team

I've been playing Showdown for quite a while now and i'm looking for some advice on my team. I've been using this team for a while now and it feels really good to use. While I like the team just how it is, I know there is always room for improvement so any advice would help. :)

Dragapult @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Not much to say here just a strong Dragapult who's fun to use. Usually I may just use him to either bait a switch and then proceed with u-turn, or Offensively with the moveset it has. I don't see myself really switching Dragapult for another pokemon, but its moveset could be something that I should consider switching. Apart from that there realy isn't much to talk about, it's a strong pokemon that can be used offensively or defensively.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb

Amoonguss is potentially one of the if not the most essential pokemon to the team. It's always the first pokemon out along with Frostmoth. Usually Amoonguss just puts any pokemon that comes in the field to sleep. Apart from that Black Sludge acts like a leftovers but a little better and it's also a really good counter to grass and water type pokemon with Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb.

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

Frosmoth is the main sweeper of the team, with the help of Amoonguss its really such a powerful pokemon. My usual plan is to pair this pokemon up with Amoonguss and just get a substitute off and then at least two or three Quiver Dance's after that just pure sweeping for this pokemon. I could see myself switching this pokemon out for Volcarona and give me that fire advantage but apart from that really not much else. Frosmoth is truly and underrated pokemon and that what I like so much about especially how strong it can be once the Quiver Dance goes into play.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Light Screen
- Hypnosis
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

As of Musharna this pokemon mainy acts as a secondary offensive pokemon or a support pokemon, being able to put other pokemon to sleep while its teamates can just sweep. Apart from that having lightscreen is really good but even so I use Musharna as my counter for most dragon type pokemon.

Wailord @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Amnesia
- Earthquake
- Body Slam

Wailord's main objective in battle is to, 1 get its defense up, 2 try to burn opponents with Scald, and 3 Potentially paralyze with body slam. Wailord beaing able to kindda mess around against electric types with Earthquake while it can survive electric hits with Amnesia. Apart from that Wailord usually serves as my late game sweeper.

Xurkitree @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

As for Xurkitree its potentially really great electric type pokemon. When making this team I really wanted to have an Ultra beast in my team for the reason of its ability "Beast Boost." Setting up a Magnet Rise makes this pokemon insanely strong with its main weakness covered. Its movest may not be the best but it's really good with some strategy coming around it.

Any feedback or advice to make this team better would really be helpful :)

Only replay I remembered to save :(
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1312163471

Last edited:
Hello! I have some minor changes to this team (I'm gonna try to make it better w/o using legendaries);

For :dragapult:,
Assault Vest is not that good on Pult as it is on other mons.

Draco Meteor > Dragon Claw so you can optimize a fully specially attacking set, so:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

If this set does not work for you, a Dragon Dance set is good as well.
Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Steel Wing

Next, for :amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain
- Foul Play
Max SpA is not as good on Amoonguss because it has lackluster defenses, and most Amoonguss sets are used as a defensive Grass-type. Regenerator is often preferred over Effect Spore because it allows recovery. Synthesis allows recovery, and honestly, I prefer Sludge Bomb over Giga Drain to poison enemy mons, but Giga Drain may also work as well.

:Frosmoth: is very interesting in the OU tier, the set is good as well.

For :musharna:,
It's not that viable, it's outclassed by other psychics like Alakazam.
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
This is the Alakazam set I like using. Weakness Policy can be used to to it being weak to both U-turn and Knock Off.

For :Wailord:,
It's not very viable because of its very frail defenses.
This Slowking set is a really good pivot, it's already very defensive, has recovery in Slack Off and Regenerator, can paralyze with Thunder Wave, burn with Scald, and slow pivot out with Teleport.
Slowking @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport

For :xurkitree:,
A fully offensive Scarf set is better, to take advantage of its huge SpA stat.
Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

My version of the team:
https://pokepast.es/a4c87c87b62b8d12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)