NOC Neighborhood mafia game over, mafia won

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG guys, some interesting snippets from the game.

<3 Townies for a jolly game <3

"If anyone is in the two mafia/one village group they are 100% fucked." - Haruno

Quotes for the end game
------

anyways all this discussion is gr8 and i'm glad you guys are enjoying it. What a shame that we seem to be straying from lynching dentricos (yes that's my lynch now) even though at this point they're 1) A scum read who has provided little to town beyond a talking point 2) a policy lynch due to editing and scum slipping 3) admitted to being scummy/scum? quotes pancakes 4 scum reads, one of whom is dentricos and says "these are some good reads if pancake is town". that post, which is at the top of page 14 iirc, should be looked at kinda closely after the dentricos flip on the wifom-bait scale.
Town literally has everything they need to solve this game, but they are not looking.

This above post Shubaka tells about the Dentricos post where he mentioned the three of us as town reads.
Said I would post pancake quote edited out reads on other people so it just has me oddish and josh

Also if pancake is actually town he probably has the best reads imo lol

Also yeah now I've omgused pancake and texas but eh everybody is saying its me. Ill say rn town read on omroom, gale, asek, and Josh.

Also I dont think Texas's post have little substance on them I disagree with that. I do think some of his recent lynching patterns are scummy.
------

Then Aubisio / Shubaka for votes, Oddish / Steven for vig (if necessary); in that order.
Damn, I think I misplayed there. Twin can track my last post to Me,Asek and Josh x_x

Rip me!

I think Josh, Asek and Texas played this game well. In the end it was who played worse, and that Imo is Town (Twin :p).

Twin was way too much influenced by Empoof on Day 1, and on Day 2 he was indecisive because of the same reason.

That made town suffer due to lack of a decisive leader, Twin could have given leadership to someone else.

My play on D2 was to try to be ready for the leadership pass over if Twin gave it away, it kind of worked in not being vigged (idler) as well.

In the end mafia was a little lucky to avoid certain situations, and mostly rode the chaos caused on Day 1 by a bunch of townies.

I still don't get the Dentricos hit on Texas o-0

If Texas was alive, the game would have been a bit more balanced. Although Mafia would still have had a better chance at winning Imo.

I honestly didnt read everything lol 15 pages were posted when I was alseep, just saw texas was the vampire hunter and realise if he died and was revealed as vampire hunter my private claim would be gone.

Also i needed him out of the way to win. Didnt know he killed me if I killed him but took a risk cause needed it to win XD

Also was p sure one of my frens was mafia when they both went for "we're the 3 town group" early on but I benifited from going for it. Also I wanted them to win when they stayed up to help me live lol

Hi I just wanted to say thanks for hosting tropius and sorry for subbing out (if it makes anyone feel any better i'm currently in the process of failing 2 out of 3 classes so ?)

but this isn't about me, I just wanted to say a few words about the hosting. I know that some mistakes were made but really in the long run hosting is a learning process. I think you made some interesting design choices tropius and that the hard part of hosting is getting the design of the game right, which I think you did a decent job of (seems to me the vampire design was not so bad when you get the full picture of it)! Accidentally calling deadline early is an easily fixable mistake, you just have to be more careful for the future, and it's really nbd.

The actual mechanics of hosting are something that come with time. I think you have to be patient enough to get things right and I think if there's one piece of advice I have for you it's that I think you can do a better job of making things more clear for the players. Regardless of what sort of setup you have, it won't matter if the players don't know what's happening. You can do this in any way you like, but I think that doing things like bolding the players who died and their alignment (small stuff like that) goes a long way in ensuring that your players can follow the game. And it makes your job easier since you won't be hounded with questions that to you should be really obvious. I hope this game hasn't discouraged you from hosting further in the future!

Anyways, I actually don't think the neighborhood idea is very good in practice. It seems fun/interesting on paper (my version if anyone cares: http://ww.smogon.com/forums/threads...-win-congrats-eo-lightwolf-and-rssp1.3550983/) but the problem is that it makes things way too convoluted and confusing when I think people really just want to play the game (or shout at each other. both maybe). I wonder if something like this would work on a dedicated mafia website a la mafiascum (or mafia universe? they seem pretty into it there??). for smogon though it just seems like a lot of work for something that doesn't really add too much to the game in the long run. Unnecessary complexity is usually not great for games.

ggs every1

I didn't think there was a problem with alignment ambiguous hoods, especially since they didn't really detract from the main experience of the game (outside of people trying to do POE when we fucking RNGed the playerlist)

Empoof-Dentricos-Josh had really interesting interactions in feeling each other out for info and eventually claiming. A lot of the others were a bit too suspicious to take advantage but if you had a strong town read or a cop clear on one of your hood mates you could kick the other one out and become masons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)