NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jalmont.

Lightwolf I was away while Gale was being interrogated, so I completely missed the opportunity to vote. Looking back at his posts I can understand why he was voted against. He voted against Phoenix two days in a row with little reasoning, which he really should've elaborated more on considering I myself didn't find Phoenix's actions at all suspicious during day 2. Pressing the scum button the second anyone even interrogated him slightly and not bothering to understand why he was targeted is a pretty legitimate cause for lynching him, I wouldn't want someone who acted that way around no matter where their stance lies. I seriously would've voted for him, too. I'm also not gonna lie you drilling twinmasters was pretty funny.

As for the direction of this game I agree that taking the focus away from Phoenix would be wise. Beyond Phoenix potentially being mafia we have nothing more to go off of afterwards. More Cowbell isn't much of a better option either, considering he's the next best target after Phoenix now.

rssp1, I don't know why after all that has happened there is such little substance to your posts. If really all that can be acquired from this last night is a question as to why Cancerous is making an obvious move I'm joining Lightwolf in lynching you.

Eo, much of what i wanted to say lightwolf has pointed out and then some. I think we all need to drill a little harder.

Cancerous, I get that you're in a neighborhood and can freely post there but please post more than just a pressure vote against Phoenix. It's great that you and TIO trust each other and all but the way the Nerds neighborhood is looking your neighborhood is getting a bit suspicious.

Lightwolf, last comment. I trust you based on your reasoning and am happy that someone took the initiative, but I find it odd you've been a deciding factor in both mislynches so far. Making the deciding vote against Meowmixx and leading the wagon against Gale. I will admit though Meowmixx's circumstances were based on More Cowbell completely balking on the vote count just after Jalmont posted the votes and a deadline. I really am not fond of following you on rssp1 but if he doesn't post anything worthwhile it's a better option to get some results than Phoenix or More Cowbell.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay, so I get that I have been somewhat noncommittal in my posting; however, there has always been intention in my posts, even if it hasn't been clear. I'll try and explain exactly what I was pursuing in my lines of questioning.
Speaking of Eo Ut Mortus , I get this feeling of fluff when reading to your posts, an example is when talking about neighbourless people for the good first chunk of a post that amounts to "Lets not talk about it, but think about it, but maybe we should talk about it".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the post you were referring to:
Eo Ut Mortus said:
Okay, I know we're all tired of discussing game mechanics, but I do think there is some significance to some people starting neighborhoodless. For the sake of the immediate discussion, I'll refrain from remarking on this point currently since everything I've thought of so far is merely speculation; however, I do think it might behoove us to consider whether it is more likely scum would start out in a neighborhood or not.
I was not trying to discourage anyone from discussing this topic--I was not saying "Let's not talk about this." What I meant was that I had not yet invested enough thought into this issue to develop a solid hypothesis regarding the mafia/village set-up, so I couldn't comment on it at that point. Nonetheless, I thought it was important enough a topic to warrant mention because if we answered the question ("Would scum more likely start out in a neighborhood or not?"), we might be able to potentially identify scum or clear certain people.

What I mean by this is a matter of probability. There were 10 players alive on day 2, and the total number of players suggested the existence of 2-3 mafia. If we assumed that at least one mafia member started out in the pool of neighborhoodless people, then it would be to our advantage to lynch someone who didn't start out in a neighborhood (in a randlynch situation, anyway). It would be a 1/3 chance of hitting scum versus 2/7 or 1/7. If we assumed the opposite, then all three non-neighborhood villagers would be cleaned.

Of course, the problem lied in finding a solid basis upon which to make either of those assumptions, which is why I asked that question. From the perspective of the game designer, I thought that it might be more likely for mafia to exist within the neighborhoodless in order to make them work a bit more to mole neighborhoods. But as I said then, this was pure speculation; I didn't have anything to support this hunch at the moment, and since it was evident that another thread of discussion had already begun, I decided to just leave it at a mention and move on.
Lightwolf said:
More recently there was a lot of space just used to discuss whether MC should or should have, not exactly sure if he did it yet, left the neighbourhood he was invited into, then some points about whether one can be in multiple neighbourhoods(which really should have been a private question to jalmont considering jalmont clearly stated he won't confirm neighbourhood details in public). Now Eo is contributing and some of his dicsussion about MC's decisions can easily be attributed to him drilling MC to see his explanation about leaving the hood contradicts anything. I merely think that previously MC answered my questions about his hoodlessness when he first jumped on phoenix adequately and his recent stuff is way below that level. To put it simpler, I feel a good chunk of Eo's posts are fluff things directed at MC, and sorta pushing discussion back towards pointless stuff about neighbour rules. But he does contribute to current discussions, be it about phoenix or Gale, unlike previous fluffers, and I can see his potential logic behind like half of it. What I'd like is if you took solider stances, if you want to drill MC like that, then drill him, currently it feels like an afterthought that takes up a good chunk of your posts. I feel like this wastes time and I want to see solid stuff instead. I can't help being vague here because from Eo's perspective he might be seriously going after MC, but to me it feels like he isn't.
I can see why my questioning has come off as directionless: I have asked several questions and received responses, but I have neglected to post some sort of conclusion or assessment afterwards, before the topic shifts completely. I have made up my mind, but it hasn't been expressed, so I will rectify this now.

On day 2, the majority of us learned about the existence of the neighborhoodless for the first time. This reveal defied my initial expectations of the game set-up, and yet, I had to believe these claims because it would've been a pointless and dangerous thing for anyone to false claim. Yet, I was still suspicious for a couple of reasons; for one, it took a day and a half for neighborhoodlessness to come to light, and it was a reactive announcement rather than a proactive one. This is especially true with MC, who piggybacked off Steamroll's announcement to perform his own announcement. Given this additional caveat in addition to MC's level of participation compared to Steamroll's (I could more easily attribute Steamroll's failure to publicize his status to inactivity), my suspicions were aroused, which prompted my first line of questioning.

Although I failed to make this clear, in part because discussion soon turned to Gale and whatnot, I was not completely satisfied by MC's responses when Day 2 ended, particularly this:
More Cowbell said:
Why claim after Steamroll? I don't know, really. You said my posts are not logically consistent, and I have to admit this is kinda true. I don't really have a gameplan going into the game, and usually just play it by ear. Anyone who has ever played mafia with me knows I'm not the strategic mastermind behind the faction I'm aligned with. So, when Steamroll claimed he couldn't do much because of not being in a neighborhood, I decided to call him out and just drop that I have no alignment either. It may not have been the smartest thing to wait, or to only claim after Steamroll, but if anything, it has prompted more discussion and that's what we need. I'm not a good mafia player, so the least I can do is cause some ruckus to get people to talk, and hopefully that leads to something new.
Basically, MC was playing dumb and using that to justify the inconsistency between his actions. I was not willing to accept this explanation at face value, but I didn't feel like I had enough of a case built at that point to do anything other than express my doubt. So when my suspicions were aroused today, by MC's post, I immediately followed up with more questions:
Eo Ut Mortus said:
Still, I'm wondering what the point of you leaving the neighborhood was. First of all, let me clarify: you said you joined UTO/Cancerous at the beginning, yet don't mention Cancerous henceforth. The events of day 1 suggest that Cancerous was in MeowMix's/TIO's neighborhood (neither of whom you mentioned). So did you make a mistake, or is he actually your neighbor? I inquire because if he is your neighbor, your interactions with him surely would've factored into your decision, yet they are notably absent from your post. Also, it might be a factor in something else, which I'll mention at the end of this post.

Anyway, you claim the discussion was unproductive, and I'll buy that for now; however, what exactly is to be gained by leaving? I'm not seeing any benefit. Are you just making a statement? Did you think being in that neighborhood was dangerous in some way? Yeah, maybe it seems there is little value in being in that neighborhood; however, that always has the potential to change, especially if you guys do still have a neighborizer (and did you even confirm this with your neighbor(s)?). A neighborhood is an option, and I don't see any downsides in having more options. There might be, but nothing has led me to believe it, so I'll have to ask you for your own reasoning. How is being neighborhoodless more beneficial than being part of the neighborhood you left/are leaving?

Regarding acidphoenix, I'm not sure I'm fully convinced by your line of reasoning. Why would someone who is part of the mafia accuse his neighbors of being scum only to kill them (thereby cleaning them)? You saw the conversations, so do you have something to support your claim? There is one curiosity regarding him I'd like to address, though. acidphoenix: I'd like to know why you voted for Cancerous yesterday. If he is your neighbor, as according to MC's post, then it would make more sense, but regardless, I'd like to hear your reasoning, especially since you unvoted him later with no explanation.
I must admit, this has been mostly a misunderstanding regarding the way recruitment/neighborhoods work; however, I will offer my perspective before these rules were clarified. I was firmly under the impression that we were allowed to be members of multiple neighborhoods; I found no rule or post that explicitly stated otherwise. Given that, I was convinced there was no reason for MC to leave acidphoenix's neighborhood, since although he had admitted he was logically inconsistent, he hadn't admitted to being completely illogical. I found it suspicious, but again, I could not conceive of any reason why he would do this, so I asked him explicitly to justify his actions in his own words. I was genuinely curious and thought that further information would allow me to understand the situation more, not to mention the potential for a scumslip because again, I was not fully convinced by his day 2 reasoning.

After all of this, I have to say I actually do not suspect MC any longer. My mind was changed after the issue regarding recruiting was clarified. If people can't be part of multiple neighborhoods at once, then it makes perfect sense to have neighborhoodless people at the start of the game because it's not a guarantee (it's unlikely, even) that people will leave their neighborhoods, which would make recruitment pointless. And, of course, this justifies him leaving acidphoenix's neighborhood.

So, yes, this is my current position on MC. I don't think I have anything more to comment about regarding his post at this moment. I'm willing to answer further questions if needed, but that is my stance. I didn't mean to drag this whole issue out, though to be fair, there wasn't much discussion to sidetrack when I first posted today. I mean, I did also pose a question to acidphoenix, and I've been waiting on that, yet it has remained unanswered for all this time.

First off: Lynch Nobody
it's either possible MyLo(i.e. mylo unless nightkillstop,) or lynching will send us to it, meaning we have a mislynch and a No Lynch. Either way, imo the best move is NL.

FOR PEOPLE:
me: I'm a cavity allied with the Village!

LightWolf: has been starting discussion and drilling people, strong townread.

Steamroll: has so far posted a noncontributing response, a defeatist "I'm-left-out" post, a line answering questions with a paragraph that could have been written as "oh there might still be recruiters after all, OOPS they could be allied with the scum," and a post where every line he said was either "I agree with LW" or saying the exact thing as LightWolf had already. strongest scumread

Eo: from what I can see, he's been a slow poster, but when he posted he put thought into it and in general I would agree with most of the things he said; basically what I think just more eloquently put, and better at taking things with a grain of salt. strongest town besides LW.

More Cowbell: Don't have much of a read on; hasn't posted anything that I read as particularly identifying of either faction, but that goes both ways. Overall null read puts on fourth highest.

The Idiotic One: Hasn't been posting and idled much; seems like bored player which also isn't indicative of a faction. Null read, very slightly townier than MC.

rssp1: Has been putting out little pushes, but not following on them or actually detailing his opinion, or talking about other options. Slight scumread

Cancerous: Has pushed a lynch based solely on a player losing a WIFOM, despite any wincons that conflict with the village's requiring the village's name in them. Later has been a bit better but no large contribution or detail like rssp1. Medium scumread, second-strongest

tfw when u can't numbers

The Village is in MyLo where if they mislynch, they will lose the game.

To compensate, I'll throw you guys another 24 hours, so deadline will be 10/17.

Alright, after being silent for an extremely long period of time, I will explain what the heck happened to me. First of all, I'll admit that I've checked this thread every day and just kept quiet when Gale Wing Srock was lynched. Before you start pouncing on me, I'll state that I didn't know what to do at the time since I was nullreading Gale Wing Srock at the time and curious of what would turn out from his death. I would probably have just stood by and did nothing should I've ever been given the choice another time. Anyway, I decided to put my lurking to a stop since I've regained access to my laptop (I've been on my iPad previously).

I'm fairly surprised nobody has voted me today, since I have not seen any extremely scummy behavior in this thread today. Most of the discussion today has not been about any suspicions toward a player. Anyway, I believe that with my return to activity, everyone should be here. I'll now post my main content.

First of all, I would like to give my two cents on the previous suspicion of acidphoenix (I doubt that anyone here still suspects him), an issue that has become a hot topic. Since both the previous Neighborizers in the Nerds Neighborhood are dead and More Cowbell claiming to not be the newest Neigborizer, it is likely that acidphoenix has inherited the role just like U-Turn Out did. While it seems like a possible strategy to kill the previous Neighborizers in order to become a Neighborizer himself and then recruiting people who seem to trust him, I believe that the mafia will not consider such strategy. Since it seems like everyone here is already in part of a neighborhood, such a strategy could instead be detrimental to him if he did happen to mafia, since he would have nobody to influence. Since it seems like a terrible idea, I do not suggest lynching him unless you think he's doing so to convince us the opposite. For now, I have a slight townread on him.

Another recent hot topic happens to be the press on More Cowbell by Eo Ut Mortus. Since More Cowbell was also part of the Nerds Neighborhood, the same reasoning stated earlier could be applied on him. However, I do not townread him as strong as I do on acidphoenix. Unlike acidphoenix, More Cowbell is free to leave the Nerds Neighborhood and seemingly wants to use this ability today. This could be interpreted as he wanting to join a bigger neighborhood to influence more people/gather more information as a member of the mafia.
What I mean by this is a matter of probability. There were 10 players alive on day 2, and the total number of players suggested the existence of 2-3 mafia. If we assumed that at least one mafia member started out in the pool of neighborhoodless people, then it would be to our advantage to lynch someone who didn't start out in a neighborhood (in a randlynch situation, anyway). It would be a 1/3 chance of hitting scum versus 2/7 or 1/7. If we assumed the opposite, then all three non-neighborhood villagers would be cleaned.
This is also another reason why More Cowbell seems less townish than acidphoenix. Regardless of that, this is a rather bad reason to suspect anyone so I'll still be townreading More Cowbell for now.

You might have noticed that what I said earlier are completely useless content at this point since nobody is pushing a lynch on one of the two now (I believe Cancerous and More Cowbell will unvote soon today). Those were merely my comments on the issue and I expect nothing more on that. Anyway, here's my important content at this point:

Currently, there are 2 votes on acidphoenix (contributed by More Cowbell and Cancerous), 1 vote on rssp1 (contributed by LightWolf) and a vote to not lynch anyone today (contributed by acidphoenix). This makes Eo Ut Mortus, rssp1, Steamroll as well as myself to be the only people to not cast a vote at this moment. Now that I've made this clear, I believe it's time that I made a conclusion to everything I've just said.

As I've said just now, acidphoenix and More Cowbell are my current townreads, however slight that is. As a result, I find it hard to suspect anyone, considering that there hasn't been any other player doing anything suspicious. LightWolf's suspicion on rssp1 seems to be rather baseless, since "not posting anything useful" doesn't seem like a good reason to lynch someone (I've learned my lesson for lynching rashly on MeowMiXXX). Most importantly...
The Village is in MyLo where if they mislynch, they will lose the game.
I believe I have said enough. I'll follow acidphoenix and vote nobody. It is likely that I'll unvote soon, since it isn't hopeless for us to hit scum, so don't give up trying to convince me to vote a player if you're really suspicious of another player.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will make a full post tomorrow(I dunno somewhat after midnight in certain american regions I think). Currently on p limited net. I think that is within deadline.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Based on his post I townread The Idiotic One. We should def no lynch based on the circumstances.

AND THAT is why I'm voting rssp1, because the content he posted in response to pressure from MC who called him( and me, fuck off MC you can't tell me when to post) out. Then rssp1 claimed to have read the whole previous day, and still restricted his post on MC being very town to him(which on it's own is a stupid statement to say, shouting town reads, when pressured is like the eeeh est thing to do) and that he didn't really like the phoenix lynch or what. Yet as I pointed out there was both plenty to say about me and Eo, or at least complain about the rest of the activity. My vote on rssp1 stands till he doesn't reply.

Now to actually clarify, the first line was all sarcasm, so I don't townread The Idiotic One(I town read no one! Everyone is a suspect). Either way, fuck you phoenix. Now that the cats out of the bag this day is fucked beyond repair and we are well within our way to a no discussion no lynch, just look at cancerous' unvote, he didn't even bother to explain it. The second when the likely vote is no lynch discussion dies, I already knew at the time I posted my first post today that it was very likely mylo and was gonna bring it up later but only after we did some meaningful discussion. Lets be honest all this no lynch will give us is a 3-4 day extension because someone no one really suspects will die, and most know this. I will stop repeating how no lynch makes us lazy now, and I really wish anyone who knew how to count would have brought up the mylo a day later.

Onto Eo, I mostly see your points, can't say much more, I forgave MC himself for more, but you clearly misunderstand a point I still distrust, your first quoted line doesn't question the point's validity you brought up, it questions the way you did it right after people(people being me) said to stop talking about the setup, and you kinda sneakily trying to force it back in, all innocent like. I can understand if you really thought it's helpful, the way you did it certainly wasn't.

Next I vote badabing because quite frankly people not in a NOC game shouldn't be disturbing the thread. Or else we get situations where someone, not naming people, drills a person not actually in it.

Next Steamroll, in light of acidphoenix's points on him. I have nothing against him agreeing with me. I believe in the fact there is nothing wrong with having already made statements coincide with yours, what's worse is adding fluff to those just to make it seem like yours are new, adding to that Steamroll doesn't even fully agree with me and if anything doubts me slightly, which defeats the point, other than his recent post he made nothing too different from anyone else.

Now onto phoenix, frankly I suspect him more than ever now, with his dead set attitude of forcing a nolynch on us. First in his very first line where he claims even if the setup was 2 v 6 he claims it best to no lynch, which is stupid, delaying the lynch in that situation is not worth it, all it does is silence a voice in the lynch that should have been there otherwise, you never want to no lynch other than mylo. Naturally this doesn't matter since it's confirmed to be 5 v 3(unless it's some insane village with no vote vs mafia with mayor?). My point is phoenix tried to pass off an untrue fact to push him farther away from being lynched(which unlike what The Idiotic one states, was and is still on the table). I also don't like his read on everyone style post, but that is a playstyle choice.

Now onto The Idiotic One. Why are we bringing discussion neighbourhood mechanics back into this, I really hope MC's point on phoenix wasn't actually that "phoenix killed to get the neighborizer!!!". That ain't an argument and from my point of view never was. My reason for going for phoenix at least as far as saying he is my backup in case of nothing else, is his unique position as the last of his neighbourhood. Whatever he is we are left with 3 factions remaining, which is I think 2 neighbourhoods, and those without neighbourhoods, originally having started with 3 neighbourhoods. We can right now very likely know there are 3 mafia, and 4 groups they can belong to, how many members they have in each group is very likely random, BUT the data becomes much more manageable if we remove a whole group for it. Naturally I likely wouldn't have lynched phoenix today if that's where it was left at because fuck mylo, it was mostly for pressure, which I feel he responded badly to(more on that later). Either way I addressed both why I voted rssp1 and why your point on phoenix doesn't matter, now for actually you. I don't really like what you said, you start you content part of the post literally declaring who is voting what and that you think most people with unvote, then two town reads you already made and asking people to convince you to change your vote. A lot of fluff and no actual threat to anyone, your post seems slightly apathetic to me, like you make a point about disliking Eo's reasoning against MC, but you don't attempt to follow up on Eo at all and only take away MC's townishness from it. Basically it feels like you are holding back on pointing fingers.

Either way contrary to my phoenix paragraph, even with not liking his post, especially the part where we benefit from lynching him, his panic is too sincere. Naturally a mafia can panic as well, merely that if phoenix was mafia he shouldn't be panicking that sincerely, as all would be going as planned. The only way both of phoenix's neighbours died while he is mafia is if they agreed to put him in that tight spot where our rational minds think "there is likely at least one mafia in most neighbourhoods, ergo phoenix is likely mafia", but if put more thought into it, it seems very uncharacteristic of mafia to start eliminating their own neighbours, when they'd benefit far more from removing a mafialess one. Naturally this brings in the previous WIFOM of mafia doing this to MAKE phoenix look clean, but such a mafia member would be far more calm about any related flack that came from it, since again it's all part of the plan. Still suspect phoenix, but that is really only because I do not do townreads, it's really just a formality.

Either way can we not let Cancerous get away with that vote please? Not because he might be mafia necessarily but because it's like he sent the village to go drown in a river tied to tractor made out of snakes. I made a funny. Sticking the rssp1 because posting the bare minimum is in my eyes worse than posting literally nothing(it is also hard to lynch someone when you reasoning is based on "nothing")

Well... I honestly wasn't able to get anything from what had occurred in the previous pages. I COULD re-read it in an attempt to glean something, but there hasn't really been much posted at all (I can't really blame others for this since i'm not exactly a shining beacon of activity), so it is relatively hard to get something from what has been posted (at least, something that hasn't already been discussed).

This could be interpreted as he wanting to join a bigger neighborhood to influence more people/gather more information as a member of the mafia.This is also another reason why More Cowbell seems less townish than acidphoenix. Regardless of that, this is a rather bad reason to suspect anyone so I'll still be townreading More Cowbell for now.[/quote

It could also be interpreted as me wanting to join a bigger neighborhood to gather more information as a villager. I've said this before and I'll say it again, information is key in NOC (or any form of mafia, really), for any faction in the game. My feeling is that I'm not getting any information out of my neighborhood (which I only share with acidphoenix right now), so I'd rather join another one. That's not that strange, right? If anything, I'd find it more suspicious if someone is not trying to get as much information as possible, as that means they are not actively participating in the game, or they're getting the information they need from other mafia members in other neighborhoods already.

Now onto The Idiotic One. Why are we bringing discussion neighbourhood mechanics back into this, I really hope MC's point on phoenix wasn't actually that "phoenix killed to get the neighborizer!!!". That ain't an argument and from my point of view never was.
This was indeed never my point. Even if there were still recruitable players left (which I highly doubt), it'd be a pretty strange thing to kill your neighbors to get the neighborizer role. What would a mafia neighborizer gain from being a neighborizer over a 'normal' neighbor? Recruiting fellow mafia members is stupid because that way you keep them out of other neighborhoods, so it seems to me like there is little reason for mafia to so desperately acquire a neighborizer role.

Talking about my neighborizer, Unvote. Now that it's MYLO, going for a shaky lynch at best seems like a pretty bad plan. I'm still not convinced of acidphoenix being town (IMO, he's done little to help the village so far), but I don't suspect him enough to push for the lynch during MYLO. I agree that, as a mafia, getting your own neighbors killed draws a ton of suspicion to you, so that speaks in favor of acidphoenix being village; I'm not sure, though, if he's actually town or a bad mafia member. Anyways, no vote for now.

Well... I honestly wasn't able to get anything from what had occurred in the previous pages. I COULD re-read it in an attempt to glean something, but there hasn't really been much posted at all (I can't really blame others for this since i'm not exactly a shining beacon of activity), so it is relatively hard to get something from what has been posted (at least, something that hasn't already been discussed).
Well, then how about what has been posted on this page? Pretty much every player in the game made a post over the last 48 hours or so, some of them quite lengthy, too. Surely there must be something you have an opinion on (you should, really). Also, if something has been discussed already, your opinion on that is still very much needed for the game. What I mean with this: come on and finally write some shit, give your opinion on things, take a stance for once instead of "well, not sure what to talk about" or "it's been discussed already".

LightWolf

lightwoof
Didnt help you nearly started your own post with the exact same line as the quote you messed up.

For real though, on phone, on bus, more in 5 hours id say. For now MC put it well, all you are making is excuses whebever called out, not to mention you got no reason to not post repeated opinions all you are doikg is hiding them from us. Ignoring all of todays discussion still not buying you got nothing but mc being town, there is no way to be unbiased towards that many people.

It's not much, but there's some things I wanted to say.

Thanks Jalmont.

Lightwolf I was away while Gale was being interrogated, so I completely missed the opportunity to vote. Looking back at his posts I can understand why he was voted against. He voted against Phoenix two days in a row with little reasoning, which he really should've elaborated more on considering I myself didn't find Phoenix's actions at all suspicious during day 2. Pressing the scum button the second anyone even interrogated him slightly and not bothering to understand why he was targeted is a pretty legitimate cause for lynching him, I wouldn't want someone who acted that way around no matter where their stance lies. I seriously would've voted for him, too. I'm also not gonna lie you drilling twinmasters was pretty funny.

As for the direction of this game I agree that taking the focus away from Phoenix would be wise. Beyond Phoenix potentially being mafia we have nothing more to go off of afterwards. More Cowbell isn't much of a better option either, considering he's the next best target after Phoenix now.

rssp1, I don't know why after all that has happened there is such little substance to your posts. If really all that can be acquired from this last night is a question as to why Cancerous is making an obvious move I'm joining Lightwolf in lynching you.

Eo, much of what i wanted to say lightwolf has pointed out and then some. I think we all need to drill a little harder.

Cancerous, I get that you're in a neighborhood and can freely post there but please post more than just a pressure vote against Phoenix. It's great that you and TIO trust each other and all but the way the Nerds neighborhood is looking your neighborhood is getting a bit suspicious.

Lightwolf, last comment. I trust you based on your reasoning and am happy that someone took the initiative, but I find it odd you've been a deciding factor in both mislynches so far. Making the deciding vote against Meowmixx and leading the wagon against Gale. I will admit though Meowmixx's circumstances were based on More Cowbell completely balking on the vote count just after Jalmont posted the votes and a deadline. I really am not fond of following you on rssp1 but if he doesn't post anything worthwhile it's a better option to get some results than Phoenix or More Cowbell.
Quick question, how would you get more results from someone who hasn't posted anything worthwhile in comparison to someone who has?

Alright, after being silent for an extremely long period of time, I will explain what the heck happened to me. First of all, I'll admit that I've checked this thread every day and just kept quiet when Gale Wing Srock was lynched. Before you start pouncing on me, I'll state that I didn't know what to do at the time since I was nullreading Gale Wing Srock at the time and curious of what would turn out from his death. I would probably have just stood by and did nothing should I've ever been given the choice another time. Anyway, I decided to put my lurking to a stop since I've regained access to my laptop (I've been on my iPad previously).

I'm fairly surprised nobody has voted me today, since I have not seen any extremely scummy behavior in this thread today. Most of the discussion today has not been about any suspicions toward a player. Anyway, I believe that with my return to activity, everyone should be here. I'll now post my main content.

First of all, I would like to give my two cents on the previous suspicion of acidphoenix (I doubt that anyone here still suspects him), an issue that has become a hot topic. Since both the previous Neighborizers in the Nerds Neighborhood are dead and More Cowbell claiming to not be the newest Neigborizer, it is likely that acidphoenix has inherited the role just like U-Turn Out did. While it seems like a possible strategy to kill the previous Neighborizers in order to become a Neighborizer himself and then recruiting people who seem to trust him, I believe that the mafia will not consider such strategy. Since it seems like everyone here is already in part of a neighborhood, such a strategy could instead be detrimental to him if he did happen to mafia, since he would have nobody to influence. Since it seems like a terrible idea, I do not suggest lynching him unless you think he's doing so to convince us the opposite. For now, I have a slight townread on him.

Another recent hot topic happens to be the press on More Cowbell by Eo Ut Mortus. Since More Cowbell was also part of the Nerds Neighborhood, the same reasoning stated earlier could be applied on him. However, I do not townread him as strong as I do on acidphoenix. Unlike acidphoenix, More Cowbell is free to leave the Nerds Neighborhood and seemingly wants to use this ability today. This could be interpreted as he wanting to join a bigger neighborhood to influence more people/gather more information as a member of the mafia.This is also another reason why More Cowbell seems less townish than acidphoenix. Regardless of that, this is a rather bad reason to suspect anyone so I'll still be townreading More Cowbell for now.

You might have noticed that what I said earlier are completely useless content at this point since nobody is pushing a lynch on one of the two now (I believe Cancerous and More Cowbell will unvote soon today). Those were merely my comments on the issue and I expect nothing more on that. Anyway, here's my important content at this point:

Currently, there are 2 votes on acidphoenix (contributed by More Cowbell and Cancerous), 1 vote on rssp1 (contributed by LightWolf) and a vote to not lynch anyone today (contributed by acidphoenix). This makes Eo Ut Mortus, rssp1, Steamroll as well as myself to be the only people to not cast a vote at this moment. Now that I've made this clear, I believe it's time that I made a conclusion to everything I've just said.

As I've said just now, acidphoenix and More Cowbell are my current townreads, however slight that is. As a result, I find it hard to suspect anyone, considering that there hasn't been any other player doing anything suspicious. LightWolf's suspicion on rssp1 seems to be rather baseless, since "not posting anything useful" doesn't seem like a good reason to lynch someone (I've learned my lesson for lynching rashly on MeowMiXXX). Most importantly...
I believe I have said enough. I'll follow acidphoenix and vote nobody. It is likely that I'll unvote soon, since it isn't hopeless for us to hit scum, so don't give up trying to convince me to vote a player if you're really suspicious of another player.
TIO, why do you think nobody suspects acid anymore? AFAIK most people agreed to just stop talking about him, since it was believed that effort would best be spent suspecting others. I haven't actually seen anyone stating that they believe he's probably town (except you).

LightWolf

lightwoof
God I'm too tired for this, how can I have so many problems with just two questions. I don't even understand what the first question is. Point is I'm sure I didn't say you should ask questions, I'm p sure my request was to post opinion pieces. I judge my chances of further posts today p low so for the sake of nothing behind the scenes happening

Unvote
No Lunch

Now onto The Idiotic One. Why are we bringing discussion neighbourhood mechanics back into this, I really hope MC's point on phoenix wasn't actually that "phoenix killed to get the neighborizer!!!". That ain't an argument and from my point of view never was. My reason for going for phoenix at least as far as saying he is my backup in case of nothing else, is his unique position as the last of his neighbourhood. Whatever he is we are left with 3 factions remaining, which is I think 2 neighbourhoods, and those without neighbourhoods, originally having started with 3 neighbourhoods. We can right now very likely know there are 3 mafia, and 4 groups they can belong to, how many members they have in each group is very likely random, BUT the data becomes much more manageable if we remove a whole group for it. Naturally I likely wouldn't have lynched phoenix today if that's where it was left at because fuck mylo, it was mostly for pressure, which I feel he responded badly to(more on that later). Either way I addressed both why I voted rssp1 and why your point on phoenix doesn't matter, now for actually you. I don't really like what you said, you start you content part of the post literally declaring who is voting what and that you think most people with unvote, then two town reads you already made and asking people to convince you to change your vote. A lot of fluff and no actual threat to anyone, your post seems slightly apathetic to me, like you make a point about disliking Eo's reasoning against MC, but you don't attempt to follow up on Eo at all and only take away MC's townishness from it.
Alright, I kind-of agree with you here. I've not made much threats to anyone in this thread so far, and that's mainly because of my trusting nature. It's a great nature to have in real life, but is an absolute hindrance in playing mafia. I tend to trust more easily than suspect, so I've not made a threat to anyone. Also, neighborhood mechanics seem like the most 'solid' way of reading someone, since I suck at scumhunting.
Basically it feels like you are holding back on pointing fingers.
Nothing describes me better than this. I don't like suspecting people, mainly because it's easier to be part of the town rather than a scum. Nevertheless, I realize that this is a problem for us so I'll try my best to accuse some people of exhibiting slight scummy behavior.

rssp1: Having close to no reads and close to no comments is not exactly what I would call townish behavior. However, this is much akin to the MeowMiXXX lynch on Day One and I would not like the same situation to happen again today. This is the person I suspect most, despite the suspicion being quite weak.

Eo Ut Mortus: Alright, this is an extremely terrible reason to suspect anyone but Eo Ut Mortus has not really been pointing his fingers at anyone similar to myself. Since I'm supposed to accuse someone, I'll accuse you for merely that. My suspicion on him is close to none.

TIO, why do you think nobody suspects acid anymore? AFAIK most people agreed to just stop talking about him, since it was believed that effort would best be spent suspecting others. I haven't actually seen anyone stating that they believe he's probably town (except you).
It appears I have made a mistake on interpreting everyone's suspects. Anyway, I still don't suspect him very much for reasons I've stated above.

Now, I will unvote for the time being. There are currently two votes on lynching nobody and that is sufficient to cause nobody to be lynched. As I stated earlier, I'm prone to changing my mind so I'll unvote now in case I'm convinced to vote someone later.

Just remember I never actually voted for No Lynch; I'd suggest others to do the same, because right now, the mafia can all hop on one of the lynches together and end the game (assuming any of the lynch targets are village).

LightWolf

lightwoof
Okay firstly, fuck that kill.

Secondly, anyone who try to pretend this is a new day so we have to start a new discussion gets lynched. This is last day part 2 and I'm not having anyone delay discussion any longer. This does not mean that people should not be bringing up new stuff previously not discussed, I mean I don't want to see posts bringing up nothing of value while ignoring everything said before.

To continue where we left off, TIO posted. Firstly I made it clear what makes rssp1 different from meowmixx. Secondly while I'm annoyed by everyone including Eo not having provided any new suspicions since SOMEONE shouted it's mylo, Eo did at least point his fingers at MC(I merely disagreed on him and called out his indecisiveness) so the similarities between him and TIO are minimal, and people not pointing fingers p much goes for everyone. And this hurts because I'd love to lynch people for that but clearly it's not a useful data, so please people nitpick for all I care, go for anything that even remotely seems odd, opinionated discussion is what the game thrives on!(minus opinions about rules, fuck rule discussions).

In the mean time pretend I'm saying the same line as my last post day 1 minus the unvoting replaced by Vote rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)