New amazing tier : [Gen 1] BM

Dinosaur_Ryusaki

Banned deucer.
Hello guys, this is my first attempt at making an article (or little text) about an old gen.
Not gonna lie it wont go very deep, but I have some new ideas I tested and wanted to bring on.
So to start off, what does BM means? It stands for Balanced Mons, a tier where anything is allowed, but you can't play any broken or overpowered pokemon.
Ofc that definition is too simple and is just an other way of saying it's OU, but Gen 1 is a special case.
As pretty much all of you know, even without Uber, the main psychic and normal types are too much to handle for most part of the pokédex.
What that tier wants to do is trying to find a niche for any pokemon as much as possible, by not allowing them and it's not unrealistic.
The other main goal is to have a better defined type chart.
The clause will be the following (on top of OU rules) :
- No Psychic (even as secondary typing, but lower evolution stage are allowed).
- No Pure Normal type (except for Raticate, Porygon, Lickitung, Wigglytuf, Ditto and pre-evolved forms).
- No Gengar

Here is an example of a video playing that tier :

To simplify all of the following pokémons are banned :
Hypno
Alakazam
Kadabra
Exeggutor
Starmie
Slowbro
Jynx
Mr. Mime
Gengar
Snorlax
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Chansey
Clefable
Persian

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Aren’t only a few Psychic-types relevant (Starmie and Zam mostly)? Though I’m not sure about any NFE psychic mons.
Literally the only Psychic-type that has no relevance in OU is Mr. Mime plus, of course, Mew and Mewtwo for obvious reasons.

Compare to Normal-types where I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned about banning Ditto or Wigglytuff. :smogthink:

Aren’t only a few Psychic-types relevant (Starmie and Zam mostly)? Though I’m not sure about any NFE psychic mons.
Hypno is very relevant to OU, not as much as Alakazam, Starmie, Slowbro, and Exeggutor but it's considered legitimate to use.
Also Kadabra and Mr. Mime are very relevant if it was only certain psychic types were banned.

All the fully evolved psychics and Kadabra, would see play if they could.

Dinosaur_Ryusaki

Banned deucer.
Even some lower tier psychic-type would be mandatory on every team if they were available in that tier.
+ Mr.E I just forgot to put Ditto and Wigglytuff into that list (a bit obvious isn't it?)
Now the question is would the pre-evolved Abra, Slowpoke, Drowzee and Exeggute be too powerful?
That new tier is just under construction.

Even some lower tier psychic-type would be mandatory on every team if they were available in that tier.
+ Mr.E I just forgot to put Ditto and Wigglytuff into that list (a bit obvious isn't it?)
Now the question is would the pre-evolved Abra, Slowpoke, Drowzee and Exeggute be too powerful?
That new tier is just under construction.
If you banned all fully evolved psychics and also mid form (Kadabra, and Haunter) would also be banned, then Gastly and Abra would be a niche play because of their unique stats and typing. Gastly just for its ghost status+explosion is always neat. Abra as a glass cannon on the psychic side.
Drowzee would see no use because Abra would be a better niche psychic user.
Slowpoke would see no use because Golduck and Poliwrath would be better Amnesia users.
Exeggute is outperformed by every other sleep user since it has low stats which means it can't take and then powder. Because it'd be so weak, it would need to explode for its first turn, and that point take any other boomer, and for special usage you have nearly anything else.

This is an interesting idea for a tier. I could see this being on the rotational for RoA tour nights. I feel like Dodrio ought to be banned, though. It's more viable than most of the pure Normal-types, especially with Tauros out of the picture.

Dinosaur_Ryusaki

Banned deucer.
This is an interesting idea for a tier. I could see this being on the rotational for RoA tour nights. I feel like Dodrio ought to be banned, though. It's more viable than most of the pure Normal-types, especially with Tauros out of the picture.
Not at all, it gets hard counter by all Rock type and either speed tie or is outspeed by Electabuzz, Tentacruel, Raichu, Charizard (all of them being really played)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)