New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW UU Edition

I've got two sets, one is standardish, one is less I guess?
First, the more "standard"

Slowbro@Rocky Helmet
252hp/252def/4spa
Bold
Regenerator

Scald
Grass Knot
Slack Off
Toxic

Mainly, I use this set as a lure to bulky waters and a great physical wall. He disposes of Staraptor switch ins and other physical attackers. Toxic and Grass Knot scare off Quagsire and Gastrodon who would otherwise wall Slowbro. Rocky Helmet is mainly the thing that sets this set apart from the normal set.

The less standard set:

Cobalion@Leftovers
252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
Justified

Close Combat
X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Taunt

This is my anti-lead Cobalion. With a great 108 base speed, it can Taunt many SR leads before they get a chance to set up. Close Combat is a good STAB move coming off a decent 90 base attack stat. X-Scissor is mainly to catch the many psychic types in UU off guard, doing respectable damage to anything weak to it. Stone Edge hits Zapdos and other flying types.

Now, I know this is difficult to do in UU, but this is a set that I've been messing around with to great effect:

Chansey @ Eviolite
252 Def/252 SpDef/4 Spe
Bold(Calm) / Natural Cure

Toxic
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Snatch

This is kind of a mixed wall, anti-setup pokemon. You can have all kinds of fun with this, though some of chansey's rarer 'counters' like subseeders will still get the jump on you. It also lets chansey outstall anything on a stall team 1v1, including other Chansey/Blissey. Even Aromatherapy types, because snatch steals it and has 16 PP.

I have a two ideas for weird sets.
Gardevior @ Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
EV: 252 HP 252 Special Defense
Modest Nature (+SpAtk-Atk)
-Future Sight
-Calm Mind
-Wish
-Protect

Sets up a CM, uses Future Sight, Wishes, then Protects CM makes sure Future Sight (which got a great boost this gen) will hit everything neutrally and then you can stall for the two turns with Wish and Protect

This is another set that I thought up.
Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ev: 252 HP 252 SpDef
Careful Nature (+SpDef-SpAtk)
-Block
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This is kind of an anti-lead I use. You trap the opponents lead first turn while they set up SR (unless they're a suicide or Specially Attacking Poke), then you use SD as long as you see fit, then you KO the opponent's and hopefully something he brings in next. The max SpDef make his stats (with the Eviolite boost) 414/414/310, so he can tank hits like a pro. Gligar is pretty much the only thing that can wall this thing with Skarm, Gliscor, and Landurus being OU.

Sub + 3 attacks + Life Orb Jolteon
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Shadow Ball
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature(s): Modest (+SpA -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Honestly, I don't see why this is so uncommon. Sure, Substitute combined with Life Orb doesn't help for survivability, but the added power, eased prediction, and ability to switch moves are really helpful, and I have found it to be surprisingly effective. It plays somewhat similarly to Staraptor, in the fact that it tries to do as much damage as possible before dying.

I think the problem with that set would be that since jolteon is so fast and frail, its subs will almost always be broken the same turn that theyre made...Of course. im a noob so dont quote me on that. :D

I think the problem with that set would be that since jolteon is so fast and frail, its subs will almost always be broken the same turn that theyre made...Of course. im a noob so dont quote me on that. :D
It's not meant to hide behind bulky Substitutes in order to prevent status or protect from critical hits such as how a 600 BST legendary or Cresselia would utilize Substitute. It's meant to scout switch-ins and demolish would-be checks.

I wish Unburden Hitmonlee was released. Here's a cleaner set I used in DW OU for a while, and it kicked ass. Basically weaken stuff -> sweep. It can instantly set up to +2 Speed against anything besides Ghost-types (I used Tyranitar to kill them but Dugtrio works to). I will definitely be using this once it gets released.

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
Ability: Unburden
Fake Out
Hi Jump Kick
Stone Edge
Mach Punch/Sucker Punch/Bullet Punch

This thing can be a real beast!

Scenario: You have your quagsire out and they bring in Sawsbuck
He goes for the obvius Horn Leech and you switch in...

Girafarig@Leftovers/Focus Sash/Liechi Berry (Lol, Outclassed by sawsbuck itself. Didnt know he got baton pass and Agility)
252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly: Sap Sipper
~Agility
~Baton Pass
~Magic Coat/Substitue/T wave/ Calm Mind
~Return

Lol, Sap Sipper Activates giving Girafarig +1. Now depending on what move spread you chose, makes your next move (Sub, Agility, Sub,Sub,*Liechi, Baton Pass)(Agility,Calm Mind, *Focus Sash, Baton Pass) assuming theres no priority.
You baton Pass to....

Honchkrow@Life Orb
Super Luck
96 Atk/ 160 SpA/ 252 Spe : 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe : 252 Atk/ 96 SpA/ 260 Spe
Hasty:
~Sucker Punch
~Superpower
~Heat Wave
~Brave Bird

Now you have a honchkrow at (+1 atk, +2 Spe,sub)(+2 atk, +2 Spe)(+1 Atk, +1SpA, +1SpD,+2Spe)

Theres Many different otions to fit your team style!

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 212 Atk / 80 Def / 84 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

This set rapes face to the extreme. 132 HP EVs ensure that you have 404 HP total, which gives you 101 HP Subs, enough to set up on Dusclops and other Pokemon that are forced to use Seismic Toss/Night Shade as their only offense. Earthquake and Stone Edge are your STAB moves of choice, but Rock Blast can go over Stone Edge if you're having trouble with Substitute Froslass and SubRoost Staraptor. Megahorn 2HKOs even the bulkiest of Slowbros. 84 Speed EVs are necessary to out-speed Chansey by a single point and get up a Substitute before the Toxic. 212 Atk gives you a nice 405 Attack stat with the rest thrown in Defense to weaken blows by Staraptor and such. Registeel can't do dick to it with Iron Head, you're faster than it so you can get the Substitute up before Toxic, and Seismic Toss won't break the Substitutes. Staraptor can't do dick to Rhyperior at all without Adamant Band Close Combat.

Girafarig@Leftovers/Focus Sash/Liechi Berry (Lol, Outclassed by sawsbuck itself. Didnt know he got baton pass and Agility)
252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
~Agility
~Baton Pass
~Return

Lol, Sap Sipper Activates giving Girafarig +1. Now depending on what move spread you chose, makes your next move (Sub, Agility, Sub,Sub,*Liechi, Baton Pass)(Agility,Calm Mind, *Focus Sash, Baton Pass) assuming theres no priority.
You baton Pass to....

Honchkrow@Life Orb
Super Luck
96 Atk/ 160 SpA/ 252 Spe : 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe : 252 Atk/ 96 SpA/ 260 Spe
Hasty:
~Sucker Punch
~Superpower
~Heat Wave
~Brave Bird

Now you have a honchkrow at (+1 atk, +2 Spe,sub)(+2 atk, +2 Spe)(+1 Atk, +1SpA, +1SpD,+2Spe)

Theres Many different otions to fit your team style!
Trolling?

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 212 Atk / 80 Def / 84 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

This set rapes face to the extreme. 132 HP EVs ensure that you have 404 HP total, which gives you 101 HP Subs, enough to set up on Dusclops and other Pokemon that are forced to use Seismic Toss/Night Shade as their only offense. Earthquake and Stone Edge are your STAB moves of choice, but Rock Blast can go over Stone Edge if you're having trouble with Substitute Froslass and SubRoost Staraptor. Megahorn 2HKOs even the bulkiest of Slowbros. 84 Speed EVs are necessary to out-speed Chansey by a single point and get up a Substitute before the Toxic. 212 Atk gives you a nice 405 Attack stat with the rest thrown in Defense to weaken blows by Staraptor and such. Registeel can't do dick to it with Iron Head, you're faster than it so you can get the Substitute up before Toxic, and Seismic Toss won't break the Substitutes. Staraptor can't do dick to Rhyperior at all without Adamant Band Close Combat.
Subperior isn't exactly a new or creative set, this move set has a 4th gen analysis IIRC, the only difference being this set has a drop in speed for more bulk.

252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
~Agility
~Baton Pass
~Return

You baton Pass to....
Doesn't Sawsbuck learn Megahorn, and outspeed Girafarig? And even then, Quagsire can't do much to Sawsbuck in the first place other than attempt to burn with Scald. Barring THAT Quagsire is basically setup fodder for Sawsbuck.

As you can see i my bold edit. I realised Sawsbuck outclasses. And Saawsbuck was just the first pokemon in UU that uses its grass Stab(that popped in my head first).

@Choice Socks: How am I trolling? I posted my creative set and teammates for it.

Epic troll set. With entry hazards, especially stealth rock, it trolls like no other.

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVS: 252HP/252Sp.Def/4Sp.Att
Moves:
Confuse Ray
Attract
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Scald/Surf

Confuse Ray confuses. Attract attracts. Lanturn is female. If that doesn't make you rage. Wait until you are paralysed. Sometimes I run t-bolt if I have very effective toxic spikers. And scald/surf is based on how offensive natured my team is. If burn or toxic, I obviously just attack to stall, but confuse ray when I predict a switch. Stealth Rock is always in field before I start trolling, otherwise its just a check to electric attacks etc.

breh

強いだね
please never use attract; it should never be used and is only viable because gender isn't randomized on PO. Don't be an ass.

In fact, some people make their whole team female. If they do that, your Lanturn is 100% useless.

I wish Unburden Hitmonlee was released. Here's a cleaner set I used in DW OU for a while, and it kicked ass. Basically weaken stuff -> sweep. It can instantly set up to +2 Speed against anything besides Ghost-types (I used Tyranitar to kill them but Dugtrio works to). I will definitely be using this once it gets released.

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
Ability: Unburden
Fake Out
Hi Jump Kick
Stone Edge
Mach Punch/Sucker Punch/Bullet Punch
Normal Gen is a one use item which makes Unburden a one time use, after you switch it become useless, and why would you use Priority if you're already at double speed, Acrobatics is a better option (130 BP)

This Registeel is pretty hard to take down:

Registeel@Leftovers
EVs:252 Def, 252 SDef, 4 HP/Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, - Spe)
Ability: Clear Body
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head

I use this thing and it is an absolute beast. Similar to Haxrachi but UU.
Thunder Wave cripples other Pokemon and lets it set up Stealth Rocks before dying, which is guaranteed every match. Substitute makes it hard to kill because it blocks status which would stop it dead otherwise. Iron Head is pretty much the crux of this set as it can KO something every match. This thing is the ultimate Pokemon to help your sweepers to an easy win.

It might be used, but i haven't seen it being used otherwise on Registeel.

CMetalBurst

Cobalion@Leftovers
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
ivs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 3 Spe
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Metal Burst
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Hidden Power Ghost

Its really fun to play as with Cobalion's amazing physical bulk, Calm Mind, and Metal Burst it can be doing some crazy damage to Pokemon. Focus Blast and HP Ghost are unresisted, so that works as well.

Isn't it too fast to use metal burst well though? I mean even with no investment, without a -spe nature you're still outrunning say Heracross, who you might want to shift CC back onto. I think Metal Burst is more effective on something really slow that can take pretty much any hit.

This Registeel is pretty hard to take down:

Registeel@Leftovers
EVs:252 Def, 252 SDef, 4 HP/Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, - Spe)
Ability: Clear Body
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
Bold is +Def, -Atk, which you definitely don't want! Relaxed is -Spe, but you should pick Impish since your Special Attack is unused and save your Speed since you're trying to paraflinch.

It looks like a solid set. Although killing stuff is going to be mighty slow.

@ Lanturn set: What do you do against Substitute? But I have to admit I'd hate to fight that!

Isn't it too fast to use metal burst well though? I mean even with no investment, without a -spe nature you're still outrunning say Heracross, who you might want to shift CC back onto. I think Metal Burst is more effective on something really slow that can take pretty much any hit.
Made nature Relaxed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)