New/Creative movesets - Little Cup edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Name: Froakie
Moveset Name: Mmmmmmixed Froggeh Scarf
Move 1: Hydro Pump
Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Hidden Power (Grass)
Move 4: U-Turn
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Nature(s): Mild/Rash
EVs: If Rash 108/136/028/184/000/028 If Mild 108/136/000/184/004/028

The only difference between the two is that one has 9/11 def and sp def, whilst the other has 11/9.

With a neutral nature and only 28 EVs in speed, Froakie hits that magic 14. A pokemon with 14 speed hits 21 with a scarf - enough to outsepeed the entire unboosted game. This set is especially nice as a scout set as you get STAB on everything due to Protean (which makes HP grass basically 90 base power & Ice beam 135) and although you get choice locked, you can put a huge dent in almost anything. The only real weakness to this set is prediction, eg: switching Croagunk into Hydro Pump, Ferroseed into HP Grass, etc. As long as you tell whether your opponent's about to switch and what (s)he'll switch into, this set wreaks.

Nature(s): Mild/Rash
EVs: If Rash 108/136/028/184/000/028 If Mild 108/136/000/184/004/028

The only difference between the two is that one has 9/11 def and sp def, whilst the other has 11/9.

With a neutral nature and only 28 EVs in speed, Froakie hits that magic 14. A pokemon with 14 speed hits 21 with a scarf - enough to outsepeed the entire unboosted game. This set is especially nice as a scout set as you get STAB on everything due to Protean (which makes HP grass basically 90 base power & Ice beam 135) and although you get choice locked, you can put a huge dent in almost anything. The only real weakness to this set is prediction, eg: switching Croagunk into Hydro Pump, Ferroseed into HP Grass, etc. As long as you tell whether your opponent's about to switch and what (s)he'll switch into, this set wreaks.
uuhm yeah, you need 16 speed nowadays to outspeed that magical sneasel

Nature(s): Mild
EVs: 28/76/0/184/004/188

L5 Stats: 21/13/9/16/11/16

Same As the last one, only the boosted speed defeats sneasel. I faced it for the first/second/third/fourth time today, so... -_-

I exchanged some bulk for those 2 extra speed points

EVs: 28/76/0/184/004/188

L5 Stats: 21/13/9/16/11/16

Same As the last one, only the boosted speed defeats sneasel. I faced it for the first/second/third/fourth time today, so... -_-

I exchanged some bulk for those 2 extra speed points
i like the idea, but i wouldnt consider it mixed, the U-Turn is nice and I'll def try this set soon, so i ll get back to you with my experience

A variant similar to it's big bro in OU; meet the Sniper!

Horsea @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power Grass / Substitute
- Focus Energy

I was reading through the critical hits page in Uncharted Territory, and while crit damage is nerfed, crit rate has increased a bit. After a focus energy, every hit this horsea makes will be critical. Horsea is pretty bulky physically, so I decided to keep it focused on it's strengths. If only it could use an Eviolite and just Focus Energy, it'd be set. But it can carry it's weight ( dies to chinchou like every time tho ). With sniper, all damage done is 2.25%, which is a tad higher than a nasty plot boost. I think you could pull off a double dance set with agility and focus energy, since with max speed, + speed nature, and +2 speed Horsea can hit 32, which outspeeds a ton of shit. Actually that sounds like an interesting idea, hang on.

Better set but leaving the original cuz maybe someone will have use for it.

Dancing Sniper
Horsea @ Scope Lens
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpAtk / 240 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam / HP Grass
- Agility
- Focus Energy

Walled by either grass or water types, take your pick. Hits 32 Speed, dishes out mad damage, can still take some physical neutral hits. Hydro Pump hits like a tank... if you don't miss on after setting up ( which happened to me enough to switch to surf ). Punches through Calm Mind boosts thanks to the crits too, but Horsea won't take special hits very well. Could slash Substitute for an attack, but mono-water is not such good coverage. Protects against priority though, helps you set up FE and Agility if you want.

ty Ssin. I found Sneasel was banned again from LC, so go back to the original Scarfroakie set
Moveset Name: Scarfroakie
EVs: 108/136/000/184/004/028(for those who want a reminder)

So one of my goals today was to try and use Noibat in one of my teams. I originally was using it as a offensive/utility mon, with Draco Meteor/Hurricane/Taunt/U-turn. Being able to hit hard with a Draco Meteor was nice, but after some more testing, it just didn't seem like it was pulling its weight. Being 4x to Ice, weak to Fairy, and relying on moves with less-than-perfect accuracy to do significant damage really wasn't doing it for me. Then I remembered a certain bat with nearly identical stats (Att and SpA are flipped) that could fill a similar niche, and probably better! So I took Zubat for a spin.

Zubat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
Level: 5
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt/Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

This little guy has actually impressed me so far. Its typing provides it with several resistances; it 2x resists Fairy and Poison, it 4x resists Bug, Grass, and Fighting, and is immune to Ground. I've used it as a taunter or a defogger depending on the specific needs of my team. Eviolite is used in place of Berry Juice to tank hits better, since it has Roost for recovery. Infiltrator admittedly doesn't see much use, but it does have moments where it really shines. The main Substitute user I faced was Phantump, who is cleanly OHKO'd by a Brave Bird even if it's behind a sub, ending its annoying Harvest shenanigans. U-turn is useful once Zubat has finished his duties so you can soften up the opposition and bring in your sweeper.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 180 SDef / 180 Def / 116 HP
Calm Nature
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Substitute

prankster perish trapper, need i say more?

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 76 SDef / 196 Def / 12 Spd / 212 HP / 12 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Reflect
- Aromatherapy

+Surprisingly bulky
+Can heal status
+Good typing
+Sets up Reflect
-Really slow
-Requires many boosts to deal damage
-Draining Kiss is weak

Spritzee could also probably roll Rest/SleepTalk/Aromatherapy/Moonblast if you so desire

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SDef / 212 HP / 12 Spd / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This thing is incredible. I would argue it to be the best defensive Fairy-type. It has a ton of HP, good defenses and a decent Special Attack to fire off Moonblast. I went physically defensive because Moonblast has a good chance of lowering Special Attack, but you could go special defensive if you want.
Why Healer? The other ability stops Taunt and Attract and such, which may not be common in LC, but given Healer does literally nothing in singles (unless I'm blanking on a change to it) then yeah, the veil is better in every way.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Zubat @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt/Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
This is actually a really cool set having played against it a few times now! One thing I found is that Defog is generally a bit better than Taunt due to the prevalence of Dwebble as that is one of the main things you would Taunt, but that leads only to your demise. Defog can be used later in the match, when Zubat comes in on something that cannot threaten it due to its good spread of resistances and reliable recovery.

Why Healer? The other ability stops Taunt and Attract and such, which may not be common in LC, but given Healer does literally nothing in singles (unless I'm blanking on a change to it) then yeah, the veil is better in every way.
So at first we didn't know that Aroma Veil also applies to the Pokemon that has the ability as well because it's not clear from its description. As its available through Friend Safari, I think this ability is indeed superior.

So one of my goals today was to try and use Noibat in one of my teams. I originally was using it as a offensive/utility mon, with Draco Meteor/Hurricane/Taunt/U-turn. Being able to hit hard with a Draco Meteor was nice, but after some more testing, it just didn't seem like it was pulling its weight. Being 4x to Ice, weak to Fairy, and relying on moves with less-than-perfect accuracy to do significant damage really wasn't doing it for me. Then I remembered a certain bat with nearly identical stats (Att and SpA are flipped) that could fill a similar niche, and probably better! So I took Zubat for a spin.

Zubat @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt/Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

This little guy has actually impressed me so far. Its typing provides it with several resistances; it 2x resists Fairy and Poison, it 4x resists Bug, Grass, and Fighting, and is immune to Ground. I've used it as a taunter or a defogger depending on the specific needs of my team. Eviolite is used in place of Berry Juice to tank hits better, since it has Roost for recovery. Infiltrator admittedly doesn't see much use, but it does have moments where it really shines. The main Substitute user I faced was Phantump, who is cleanly OHKO'd by a Brave Bird even if it's behind a sub, ending its annoying Harvest shenanigans. U-turn is useful once Zubat has finished his duties so you can soften up the opposition and bring in your sweeper.
I love that this is essentially the standard Crobat for the past two gens, but a new resistance, Infiltrator and a possibly move change to Defog make it so much more viable in LC now.

Defog is indeed cool and all, but it takes a lot of planning when you want hazards of your own, enough that it really is worth having a spinner instead of you want spikes or rocks up. Especially given Zubat's weak to rocks.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SDef / 212 HP / 12 Spd / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This thing is incredible. I would argue it to be the best defensive Fairy-type. It has a ton of HP, good defenses and a decent Special Attack to fire off Moonblast. I went physically defensive because Moonblast has a good chance of lowering Special Attack, but you could go special defensive if you want.
Have you not considered this set for Spritzee?
Spritzee @ Eviolite/Chesto Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 132/0/196/172/0/0
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss/Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt/Rest

With two Calm Minds, this set ends up with 30 sp atk and 26 sp def (39 w/eviolite). The only problem is healing, which brings up thw question of whether you want to use the Eviolite set - which gets health up steadily, but takes less per hit - or if you want to use the restochesto set - which takes more damage per hit, but you recover entirely, heal status and get a stronger stab attack. I have tried both sets and believe the Eviolite variant to be far superior, but some may find the restochesto set more to their liking. Flash Cannon is for coverage and hitting fairies, but feel free to change it.

Helioptile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin/Solar Power
EVs: 4/0/172/188/124/0
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse

Dry Skin and Surf is the general scarfer here, but if you're running a sun team you should use solar power to boost your Sp Atk and HP Fire over surf as surf is weakened and HP Fire will be boosted by the sun before the Solar Power boost. With a positive nature and no EVs, Helioptile hits that magic 14 that makes a good scarfer and so far as I'm aware, this set has complete neutral coverage (plz correct me if I'm wrong). 21/12/12 defenses may not be that good, but you can trade some of the phys def for sp def to make it easier to switch him on on Sp Atkers

Pokemon Name: Goomy
Moveset Name: Elvis (gonna stick like gluuuuuuuuuuuuuue... Stick because I'm - - stuck onto youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuandillalsokillyouwithtoxicandinfestation)
Move 1: Infestation
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Rest
Move 4: Acid Armour/Sleep Talk
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 236/0/0/0/236/36

Hey Guys. I'm gonna trap you for like 5 turns and burn your health with Toxic and Infestation whilst I boost my defense to 30 (factoring in eviolite) and already have a 27 Sp Def stat (again with eviolite). Who cares if I sleep for 2 turns when it takes so much to dent me in the first place? Oh, you phazed me out? Aromatherapy or Heal Bell and I'm all ready to come back in and proceed to trap/toxic again? Sleep Talk will let me burn your health while I'm asleep. U Mad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you not considered this set for Spritzee?
Spritzee @ Eviolite/Chesto Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 132/0/196/172/0/0
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss/Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt/Rest

With two Calm Minds, this set ends up with 30 sp atk and 26 sp def (39 w/eviolite). The only problem is healing, which brings up thw question of whether you want to use the Eviolite set - which gets health up steadily, but takes less per hit - or if you want to use the restochesto set - which takes more damage per hit, but you recover entirely, heal status and get a stronger stab attack. I have tried both sets and believe the Eviolite variant to be far superior, but some may find the restochesto set more to their liking. Flash Cannon is for coverage and hitting fairies, but feel free to change it.
It needs to run restalk, its bulk is pretty good with eviolite so it helps to pull off the sweep if you get lucky with some sleep talk choosing. Chesto berry is a just a gimmick waiting to get 2HKOed.

Been mucking about with a new team and have found two pokemon to work really well for me :) The first is an adaptation of a pokemon I saw earlier, but the other is new.

Inkay @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12/244/12/0/0/236
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Switcheroo
- Hypnosis
- Night Slash

This pokemon is very simple. Choice-lock defensive mons. Superpower most of the time for the + atk/def and Night Slash to hit ghost types. The thing that differs from the earlier set is Hypnosis - as even with a shaky 60% accuracy, its noce to take a pokemon out of the game essentially.

Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 196/0/116/0/196/0
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Poison Jab/X-Scissor/Hidden Power [Ice/Fire]

There are three pokemon that can set up Sticky Web in LC - Sweaddle, Surskit and Spinarak. I have tried all three. Sewaddle has multiple 4x weaknesses and Surskit's simpy far too frail. Spinarak however has multiple 4x resistances, respectable bulk and access to Toxic Spikes on top of Sticky Web. Baton Pass isn't for passing setups, but it's good for breaking out of perish traps and just for switching as you can get a free switch if your opponent's faster (as Spinarak will take the hit for your next poke) or see what they bring out before you make a choice. The last slot is basically what you want to use as your damage move to stop you being COMPLETE taunt bait. Poison Jab is better in my opinion given the abundance of Swirlix and Spritzee going around (along with Snubbel), but if you're worried about steel types or Inkay (who's main move - superpower - is 4x resisted remember) feel free to run X-Scissor. You could adapt the EVs to give Spinarak use of HP Fire to hit Ferroseed/Snover or HP Ice to hit Gligar as well, but I still prefer Poison Jab myself.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
How would a core of Growlithe, Snubbull, and Scraggy work? All with Intimidate and high SpD, to switch amongst themselves and weaken physical attackers.

How would a core of Growlithe, Snubbull, and Scraggy work? All with Intimidate and high SpD, to switch amongst themselves and weaken physical attackers.
this should belong in the cores in LC thread, however, i do like the idea

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CB Rufflet cannot work with its best potential tool, as Brave Bird is unfortunately illegal.

Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 196/0/116/0/196/0
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn?
Spinarak gets Megahorn now, you know. Why not use that?
Shadow Sneak might also be nice for finishing off Sashers, but BP sounds good too.

Horsea @ Scope Lens
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power Grass / Substitute
- Focus Energy
You're gonna sweep with 12 speed? Horsea can't really take hits without Eviolite or Berry Juice.

If you're running max SpA/Spd not-double boosting Sniper Horsea, it's outclassed by Sniper Remoraid, who reaches 17 speed to Horsea's 16, has 1 more point in SpA, 2 in Attack, and 1 in HP and Sdef, compared to Horsea's 3 Def. Remoraid has a much larger movepool too, Fire Blast, Seed Bomb, and Charge Beam let it OHKO basically everything in Little Cup except Lileep, Dratini, non-Evioite Axew, and probably some random shit like Lotad.

Remoraid @ Scope Lens
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive / Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Seed Bomb / Charge Beam

calcs are with rash because i was calcing for a baton pass recipient, but it's so ridiculously overkill that there probably isn't much difference?

240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Bronzor on a critical hit: 28-36 (112 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240 Atk Sniper Remoraid Seed Bomb vs. 76 HP / 132+ Def Eviolite Chinchou on a critical hit: 24-30 (96 - 120%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Dry Skin Croagunk on a critical hit: 22-27 (91.6 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 36 HP / 48+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed on a critical hit: 60-72 (285.7 - 342.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 48 SpD Eviolite Gligar on a critical hit: 48-57 (208.6 - 247.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar on a critical hit: 48-57 (208.6 - 247.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Tyrunt in Sand on a critical hit: 24-28 (109 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 84 HP / 12 SpD Helioptile on a critical hit: 27-33 (122.7 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Surf vs. 0 HP / 220 SpD Honedge on a critical hit: 28-36 (133.3 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Koffing on a critical hit: 24-28 (114.2 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 228 HP / 220 SpD Eviolite Lileep on a critical hit: 12-15 (46.1 - 57.6%) -- 51.2% chance to 2HKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 228 HP / 220 SpD Eviolite Lileep in Sand on a critical hit: 7-10 (26.9 - 38.4%) -- 84.5% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Sniper Remoraid Seed Bomb vs. 228 HP / 68+ Def Eviolite Lileep on a critical hit: 7-10 (26.9 - 38.4%) -- 84.5% chance to 3HKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Charge Beam vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Mantyke on a critical hit: 30-42 (136.3 - 190.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Sniper Remoraid Seed Bomb vs. 76 HP / 68 Def Mantyke on a critical hit: 15-18 (68.1 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Surf vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo on a critical hit: 24-28 (109 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 116 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus on a critical hit: 22-27 (91.6 - 112.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Charge Beam vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Skrelp on a critical hit: 21-27 (100 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Skrelp on a critical hit: 13-18 (61.9 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Sniper Remoraid Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Skrelp on a critical hit: 12-15 (57.1 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee on a critical hit: 24-28 (88.8 - 103.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Fire Blast vs. 80 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Tangela on a critical hit: 33-39 (137.5 - 162.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Charge Beam vs. 196 HP / 0 SpD Tentacool on a critical hit: 21-27 (91.3 - 117.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Sniper Remoraid Seed Bomb vs. 196 HP / 236 Def Tentacool on a critical hit: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Timburr on a critical hit: 24-28 (100 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 196 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Vullaby on a critical hit: 24-28 (92.3 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
240+ SpA Sniper Remoraid Hydro Pump vs. 52 HP / 176 SpD Eviolite Vulpix in Sun on a critical hit: 21-27 (100 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

28 Atk Croagunk Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Remoraid: 5-6 (25 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
28 Atk Croagunk Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Remoraid: 8-10 (40 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
108+ SpA Croagunk Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Remoraid: 7-10 (35 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 SAtk / 52 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Soak

Chinchou gets Soak this gen.

You know what isn't weak to Thunderbolt after a Soak?

NOTHIIIIIIING

...except Volt Absorb / Lightningrod / Trace users.

But you can Hydro Pump them.

Unless they are also Chinchou.

Then you are screwed.

Buneary @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 96 HP / 96 Def / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Switcheroo
- Healing Wish
- Encore / Quick Attack / Circle Throw

Same deal as last generation, but Buneary now has Assault Vest Switcheroo to perma-taunt tanks and steal Berry Juices or remove Eviolite physical defense boosts. Healing Wish is awesome. Encore is awesome. STAB priority is neat. Phazing is neat. Buneary is really cool. With the downfall of Fighting-types, since Fairies destroy them, Buneary is...still not good. But it's cool.

And also adorable~

Budew @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 196 HP / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Rest

Spikes + Sleep Powder Budew was impossible before this gen. Combined with a sexy, sexy Fairy resist and good special bulk, Budew can stack Spikes on a lot of stuff and threaten switch-ins (and Defog users!) with STAB Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder.

Last edited:
I think you could pull off a double dance set with agility and focus energy, since with max speed, + speed nature, and +2 speed Horsea can hit 32, which outspeeds a ton of shit. Actually that sounds like an interesting idea, hang on.

Better set but leaving the original cuz maybe someone will have use for it.
<stuff here>
yeah i didnt expect the first set to go anywhere after it dragging down my whole team several times, is why i made the second one. was too lazy to remove it. however, i had totally forgotten remoraid having sniper was a thing, and your set is A++

god wtf remoraid your movepool is op

Special Tank Vulpix

Vulpix @ Eviolite
Ability: Drought
EVs: 212 HP / 116 SAtk / 156 SDef
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Pain Split
- Roar

So first of all, I realize the moveset here doesn't look like anything unusual, but bear with me. Here are some relevant calculations:
+2 204+ SpA Swirlix Surf vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix in Sun: 8-10 (34.7 - 43.4%)
+2 204+ SpA Swirlix Psychic vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 9-11 (39.1 - 47.8%)
232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix in Sun: 6-8 (26 - 34.7%)
232+ SpA Chinchou Thunderbolt vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 7-9 (30.4 - 39.1%)
196 SpA Staryu Hydro Pump vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix in Sun: 6-8 (26 - 34.7%)
196 SpA Staryu Thunderbolt vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 5-6 (21.7 - 26%)
252 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 7-9 (30.4 - 39.1%)
+2 252 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 13-16 (56.5 - 69.5%)
240+ SpA Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%)
236 SpA Life Orb Yanma Air Slash vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%)
236 SpA Life Orb Yanma Hidden Power Ground vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%)
240+ SpA Abra Psychic vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%)
252+ SpA Life Orb Tangela Ancient Power vs. 212 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Vulpix: 13-16 (56.5 - 69.5%)
Basically, Vulpix can tank the strongest attacks from any relevant Special Attacker in LC right now and fire back with Sun-Boosted Fire Blast (or Energy Ball for Water-types). Pain Split is actually fairly reliable this gen because of the frequency of Berry Juice. Roar is also quite useful right now: pair this guy with a SR user, Roar away, and laugh when your opponent's Yanma is forced in and loses half its health. The Pain Split-Roar combo is especially useful against Swirlix, which can't touch Vulpix even at +2 (seriously this thing is a brilliant Swirlix counter). And Vulpix can still serve its typical purpose of summoning Sun, albeit for 5 turns instead of 8. Plus Vulpix is tots adorbs and deserves use as more than Tangela's sidekick.

saving this thread with the power of love:

Aron @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 196 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Metal Burst
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Protect

This set is just plain rude. You switch Aron in, or lead with it. Tank any hit that isn't a Mold Breaker one, and then proceed to OHKO whoever used it with Metal Burst. Berry Juice then brings you back to full HP, and you can try it again on a second Pokemon. At its best, you can completely dismantle an offensive team with this. At its worst, youre still a Sturdy Pokemon with Berry Juice, which is still amazingly effective. Outside of Metal Burst, Iron Head hits fairy-types hard and doesnt let anything common set up a sub on you. EQ hits Croagunk, who can be annoying with Vacuum Wave. Protect dodges Fake Out and lets you scout.Addinge Speed EVs is an option too, but being slower allows you to hit slow Pokemon with Metal Burst. Speed EVs would only be handy for hitting defensive Pokemon once while at 1 HP. The best way to beat it is to do an incredibly small amount of damage turn one, and then hit it hard turn 2.

Might as well post some of my silly sets.

Goomy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SAtk / 236 SDef
Gentle Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Pulse
- Infestation
- Protect

This is a Goomy set that employs Sap Sipper and Infestation to be an impressive Tangela counter. It can also trap threats like Abra (Infestation will use up the Sash), Yanma (it can take a +1 bug buzz/air slash and Berry Juice away) and other Sturdy users by using passive damage. Sap Sipper gives it an important immunity to Giga Drain and powder moves, and its special bulk lets it switch in on quite a few unsuspecting victims.

Bergmite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 228 Def / 228 SDef / 52 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Frost Breath
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Tired of Bulk Up Skiddos and Gligars? Look no further than Frost Breath Bergmite. This little chunk of ice is an excellent SturdyJuice abuser with great physical bulk and unique pure-Ice typing. A 100% crit chance on Frost Breath means you'll be cutting through defense boosts constantly. Thanks to SturdyJuice, it can slice through Calm Mind Swirlix like actual cotton candy. Just keep it away from rocks.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 196 Spd / 180 Atk / 132 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Thanks to Berry Juice, we can facilitate the return of the king of all birds, Archen. If it ever goes under Defeatist range, Archen will heal up to 100% and dish out Acrobatics stronger than Gligar's, thanks to Archen's whopping 20 Attack. It can be used also as an aggressive Stealth Rock lead, outspeeding popular leads like Dwebble and either popping Berry Juice with Stone Edge, popping Sturdy with U-Turn, or setting up rocks. Late-game, Archen can be a very valuable cleaner as well.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly the most innovative set, but it plays quite differently from how other Yanma tend to! I've also posted this in the cores thread, but it's honestly such a good Pokemon in its own right that I wanted to post it here to encourage other people to give it a try.

Yanma @ Berry Juice
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- U-turn
-
Bug Buzz
- Air Slash

As we already know, Hypnosis Yanma is a solid Pokemon in LC. The ability to outspeed and cripple nearly anything in the tier (79% of the time :toast:) is incredible, but the ability to pivot out afterwards is what makes this set so effective. The premise is simple (and I pretty much just explained it), but you bring Yanma in whenever it's safe, put a potential check or counter to sleep, and pivot out, which creates a stupidly large amount of momentum for offensive teams. I'm all about momentum which is probably why I hype this set so much, but seriously, try it out. There are loads of good partners for this set, but one of the best ones is Chinchou, which can utilize Volt Switch in conjunction with Yanma's U-turn. It can also take advantage of Fire-, Flying-, Ice-, and Electric-type attacks, while Yanma can come in on Grass-types and the occasional Ground-type attack, although coming in on Tangela's Ancient Power, Gligar, or Drilbur's Rock Slide can be iffy. Similarly, Mienfoo can take on most Rock-types really well and use both U-turn and Knock Off to make things easier for its partners. Pretty much any given U-turn user will work fine with this Yanma though! Offensive pressure is so important in Little Cup, and Yanma eases prediction a shitton with this set, making it that much easier for an offensive team to function reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)