New/Creative movesets - Little Cup edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Stolen Borrowed from gen 5 little cup sub-forum and user Charmander, who had stolen it from stark mountain. thief

PS this thread can be necrobumped as long as you have new content to add

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing; however, avoid using huge ones. Sprites can be found here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

But a copy/paste from teambuilder is acceptable as well. Just make sure you don't confuse Special Defense and Speed.

(picture that has a broken link and I'm too lazy to replace)
Moveset Name: Bulky Meditite
Move 1: Drain Punch
Move 2: Zen Headbutt
Move 3: Ice Punch / ThunderPunch
Move 4: Bullet Punch
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
Nature(s): Jolly / Adamant
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc.

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" tool or index to check.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6: If another Pokemon does the set overwhelmingly better, don't post it. This means don't post things like Toxic Stall Staryu, etc.

7: Fifth generation movesets go here, not in this thread.

Last edited:

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
<blarajan> c/p my swirlix in there
<blarajan> my swirlix is the best
"[13:30] <+fatty> cotton candy is BROKEN

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
EVs: 20 HP / 68 Def / 204 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

This thing is honestly fantastic, and is an insane sweeper. With Unburden, Substitute, and Calm Mind, it has the making to be an insane sweeper. If you get a Substitute off as they switch, or take a hit and get Substitute off, BERRY JUICE HAPPENS. Then Unburden, you double up Speed, AND KEEP YOUR SUBSTITUTE. If you get a Calm Mind off, it kills a ton of shit. Fairy has insane coverage in the metagame, and Flamethrower complements it. Misses out on Fire-type Pokemon, but all of them are frail anyways. I have swept so many people with this...it might be early meta, but still. I fucking adore this Pokemon."

two pancham sets! (fuck this thing would kill for drain punch)

Pancham @ Berry Juice
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 180 Def / 212 SDef / 20 Atk / 60 HP
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Roar

so pivot pancham! parting shot is pretty good and allows pancham to pivot out of checks and cripple the checks in the process. circle throw is spamable and with scrappy you don't have to worry about random ghost switches. toxic cripple shit that pancham doesn't like and is overall useful, while roar stops set up and roar + parting shot works fantastically to ruin momentum.

Pancham @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
EVs: 20 Atk / 212 SDef / 20 Def / 220 HP / 12 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Poison Jab
- Sky Uppercut

sub bulk up pancham. berry juice works really well but eviolite is always an option because pancham actually has good invested bulk. scrappy is fantastic and poison + su is perfect coverage with scrappy besides for poison types. you can basically set up on shit like shelmet and pawniard very easily.

Last edited:

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
196 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
Play rough
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Thunder Wave

Well here he is, little bulky snubbull, ready to give meinfoo and scraggy what for. Been an all round powerhouse for me so far, not only able to switch into big scary fighting types, but also giving threats like Honedge, sneasel, and even the mighty meditite a tough time. Play rough is the obvious stab and just an all around powerful attack. Earhtquake gives near perfect coverage, only missing out on zubat, koffing, bronzor and magnet rise magnemite (I think thats it). Ice fang is mostly just for gligar who can otherwise stall him out. I would've liked to run heal bell in the last spot, but Showdown considers it illegal right now (should probably still be an egg move like it always has been) so I've been using thunder wave to some moderate success, but its mostly filler. Overall, I've had quite a lot of fun with this little guy.

Pancham @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
EVs: 20 Atk / 212 SDef / 20 Def / 220 HP / 12 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Sky Uppercut

sub bulk up pancham. berry juice works really well but eviolite is always an option because pancham actually has good invested bulk. scrappy is fantastic and crunch + su is perfect coverage i believe. you can basically set up on shit like shelmet and pawniard very easily.
fairies resist both stabs

With Scrappy, i feel like you don't really need Crunch. Poison Jab is better, to hit the fairy types. you'll get walled by poison types but... name a good poison type this meta

and@ above: crunch is not a STAB, pancham is pure fighting

yea im a yanma fanboy stfu.

Yanma @ Eviolite/Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 156 HP / 236 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power [Ground]/Roost

Yanma's biggest flaw is obviously the weakness to Ice Shard. Playing smart with this set allows you to prevent sneasel from revenge killing you. Just use Substitute when your opponent is switching out to sacrifice something. You just got a free Substitute, which allows you to take Ice Shard and OHKO Sneasel. Sub is also a great move in general because you don't have to predict what your opponent will bring.

air slash bug buzz STABs, giga drain and HP Ground for coverage. Roost can be run for more longevity, which also gives you room to run Life Orb.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

Froakie @ Berry Juice
Protean
Naive Nature
28 HP / 228 Atk / 28 Def / 20 SpA / 188 Spe
-Acrobatics
-Ice Beam/Hydro Pump
-Rock Slide
-U-turn/Quick Attack/Grass Knot

After Berry Juice is consumed, Acrobatics is actually a more reliable STAB than Hydro Pump, thanks to Protean. Rock Slide hits Yanma and Sneasel. U-Turn is useful for scouting while Quick Attack gives you priority that ALSO turns you into a Normal-type, eliminating any weaknesses aside from Fighting. Grass Knot is generally not used in Little Cup due to the light weights of most Pokemon, but it does provide Froakie with an Electric resist, thanks to Protean.

Last edited:

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Modest Nature
52 HP / 36 Def / 188 SAtk / 36 SDef / 196 Spe
Dry Skin
~ Low Sweep
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Vacuum Wave
~ Sludge Bomb / Shadow Ball / Knock Off

I hate Gilgar and Sneasel...

Force out Sneasel, use low sweep (it KOs Life Orb ones even with no investment and Modest Nature in case it stays in) on the incoming Gilgar, you are now faster because of the speed drop and KO it with Hidden Power Ice. Rest of the moves are kinda filler.

188+ SpA Croagunk Hidden Power Ice vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 20-24 (76.92 - 92.3%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0- Atk Croagunk Low Sweep vs. 236 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 1-2 (3.84 - 7.69%) -- 9HKO at best (lol)

You have a good shot at KOing with the 1-2 punch after Stealth Rock. Offensive ones are obviously KO'd.

Not flawless by any means, but if you have a burning hate for these two like I do you would try anything.

Last edited:
Bulky Offense Skrelp

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 SAtk / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Scald / Surf
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Skrelp is one of my favorite Pokemon this generation and it just keeps getting better! It might seem outclassed by Tentacool at first, but Adaptability really sets itself apart. The first move is it's Water STAB which is very important. Scald is generally more useful for the burn chance, but Surf is better for the higher power. Hydro Pump is also an option, but it really doesn't like to miss. Toxic Spikes is what sets itself apart from Staryu, the other Offensive Water-type. Setting up Toxic Spikes benefits itself and it's teammates. Sludge Wave hits an astonishing 190 Base Power after Adaptability. If you aren't a Steel- or Ghost-type you can pretty much say goodbye. Thunderbolt gives it nice coverage and picks off Frillish slowly. Skrelp also has a small niche in absorbing Toxic Spikes. One could opt for Hidden Power or some sort or Dragon Pulse instead of Toxic Spikes and wield a Choice Specs to let it rip holes in teams, but generally it prefers to switch moves. Skrelp really distinguishes itself from the other Special Attackers in the tier with many positive attributes. But, all grace has it's downfall. Psychic-types in LC are faster than it bar Bronzor, Slowpoke, and Munna, who are all bulky enough to take a hit and retaliate. It's Speed is also a shame, Base 30 won't be outspeeding much and will leave it vulnerable to being attacked first. Trick Room could work well in tandem with it, but it is somewhat difficult of a strategy. Overall, I would say Skrelp is one of the better Pokemon of the Tier, despite having some drawbacks.

Honestly I prefer Tentacool over Skrelp in a lot of cases. Skrelp might have more power and better coverage, but the major downfall is the speed, and prevents it from checking things that it could normally. For example, Skrelp is supposed to check Snubbull, but the set you just posted loses if it switches in on Play Rough, as it can just outspeed you an hit you with an Earthquake which will KO. Tentacool naturally outspeeds Snubbull, so even if it switches on an Earthquake, it can KO it with Sludge Wave, something Skrelp can't do without investment. Tentacool can also spin, has knock off access, etc. Skrelp isn't bad, it's just I probably wouldn't use a set like that.

In addition, Berry Juice is pretty much superior on anything that doesn't have recovery or isn't using Life Orb, unless you specifically want to take a certain hit from something that you couldn't without eviolite.

Honestly I prefer Tentacool over Skrelp in a lot of cases. Skrelp might have more power and better coverage, but the major downfall is the speed, and prevents it from checking things that it could normally. For example, Skrelp is supposed to check Snubbull, but the set you just posted loses if it switches in on Play Rough, as it can just outspeed you an hit you with an Earthquake which will KO. Tentacool naturally outspeeds Snubbull, so even if it switches on an Earthquake, it can KO it with Sludge Wave, something Skrelp can't do without investment. Tentacool can also spin, has knock off access, etc. Skrelp isn't bad, it's just I probably wouldn't use a set like that.

In addition, Berry Juice is pretty much superior on anything that doesn't have recovery or isn't using Life Orb, unless you specifically want to take a certain hit from something that you couldn't without eviolite.

This is true, but really, Skrelp doesn't same the exact same purpose of Tentacool. It is more offensive than Tentacool, yes Tentacool is a lot faster, but Adapatability is the far superior ability to any of Tentacools. Skrelp also has a Higher HP, Attack (Idk Physical set), Defense, and Special Attack. Sure it loses out on Speed and SpD, but although Snubbull can use Earthquake, who would honestly switch a Skrelp into Snubbull? Also, look at this:
0- SpA Adaptability (custom) Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 20-28 (80 - 112%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Grass-Type as Fairy isn't implemented yet)
So, yeah, Skrelp can still OHKO even with 0 Investment and a negative nature. Can Tentacool do this?
0 SpA Tentacool Sludge Wave vs. 36 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Snubbull: 14-18 (60.86 - 78.26%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
No, it cannot. So you are wrong here.
And, if you opt to run a bulkier Skrelp set that is Bold with 200 Def / 196 HP, the stats look like this:
196+ Atk Life Orb Snubbull Earthquake vs. 196 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite (custom): 16-21 (72.72 - 95.45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Meaning if you are already in on it, you can KO it back anyways, so Snubull isn't really the BEST answer to Skrelp, this is also the reason I chose Eviolite over Berry Juice is to avoid the OHKO by Snubbull. With the set I posted, the stats look like this:
196+ Atk Life Orb Snubbull Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Eviolite (custom): 21-26 (105 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
So yes, my set is OHKOed, but bulky sets are not. Sure they get severely dented, but still.

So really, I don't see how Tentacool outclasses Skrelp in the regard of taking on Snubbull, when in reality Skrelp will win about 50% of the time, while Tentacool will lose. Unless however Snubbull switches in to it and takes a Sludge Wave, but no one is really that stupid. Also, I'm not really sure Tentacool wants to give up a moveslot for Sludge Wave, but I guess that could change with the intro of Fairies (Even though Azurill, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Ralts, Snubull, Togepi, Flabébé, Spritzee, and Swirlix are the only Fairy-types in LC, only Snubbull and the two new Version Exclusives could potentially be viable. Maybe Flabébé could be, but I don't see it being used much).

Snubbull, as I said, almost always carry Berry Juice and not eviolite or life orb, because it has no recovery and has intimidate already, which boosts it's physical defense. Tentacool really doesn't have any trouble with Snubbull because it can even take an earthquake, outspeed, and KO Berry Juice Snubbull with Sludge Wave. Tentacool can switch in on Snubbull with little risk, meanwhile Skrelp cannot because it will probably be slower than Snubbull.

However, Skrelp does fair a little better than Tentacool up against Calm Mind Swirlx, but many of the ones I've seen don't run max speed so they can be hit by Tentacool before they boost.

So yes, it might be more offensive, as in it has more power, but it loses speed, which doesn't make it as good as it could be. In most cases I would rather just use Tentacool because it actually has a support movepool, while Skrelp's support movepool consists pretty much only Toxic Spikes (which Tentacool gets also), so Skrelp can only really launch attacks at things and not much else. So, if something like Ferroseed comes in, Skrelp really doesn't have any options, while Tentacool can Knock Off Ferroseed , Spin, Toxic Spikes, etc.

Honestly if Skrelp got Agility it would be perfect for it, because it does hit hard and has good coverage, but it's slow,and it has decent bulk, but no recovery or support options, so it struggles to find a niche.

Shouting

I agree it is somewhat outclassed, but I still prefer Skrelp for the raw power. It also could make VERY effective use of Trick Room.

Also, a Gimmicky Set of Toxic / Venom Drench / Venoshock / Hydro Pump or something else idk. It is somewhat effective, but hard to set up.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I have played around with some, what I like to call, introductory sets for some of the new Pokemon. These sets are in the format that you can import them into PS! no problem if you want to try out these Pokemon!

Skrelp @ Berry Juice
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 SAtk / 116 SDef / 36 Def / 116 Spd / 36 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

+Excellent check/counter to Fairy-types
+Relatively bulky
+Resists Fighting/Fairy/Water/Ice
+Powerful STAB options boosted by Adaptability
-Slow
-Lacks recovery
-Weak to Ground and Electric
-Predictable

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 212 Spd / 204 Atk / 52 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

+High Attack
+Pseudo-STAB Crunch
+Ice Fang to hit Gligar
+Decent Speed after Dragon Dance
+Few safe switch-ins
-Difficult to set up
-Subpar defensive typing
-Difficult to bring in
-Lacks Outrage/Head Smash

Litleo @ Berry Juice
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 92 SAtk / 4 SDef / 200 Atk / 180 Spd / 20 HP
Lonely Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Return

+Surprisingly good mixed attacking prowess
+Unique typing, resists Fairy and is immune to Ghost
+Good Honedge check
+Good Speed
+Moxie + Flame Charge allows it to lategame sweep
-Awful defenses
-Weak to all hazards
-Walled to death by Binacle/Tirtouga/etc

Phantump @ Oran Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 196 SDef / 212 Def / 36 Atk / 12 HP / 52 Spd
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

+Great typing
+Good defenses and Attack
+Decent STAB attack
+Wide variety of recovery options
+Learns Will-O-Wisp
-Slow
-Hard-countered by Fire-types
-Weak to common threats (Sneasel, Yanma, Gligar)

Inkay @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 Spd / 244 Atk / 20 HP
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

+Contrary Superpower
+Switcheroo + Choice Scarf severely cripples defensive Pokemon
+Only two weaknesses
-Poor stats
-Predictable
-Weak STAB options
-Yanma / Swirlix will wreck you

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 76 SDef / 196 Def / 12 Spd / 212 HP / 12 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Reflect
- Aromatherapy

+Surprisingly bulky
+Can heal status
+Good typing
+Sets up Reflect
-Really slow
-Requires many boosts to deal damage
-Draining Kiss is weak

Spritzee could also probably roll Rest/SleepTalk/Aromatherapy/Moonblast if you so desire

Just playing around here

250px-672Skiddo.png

Skiddo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 60 SDef
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
- Horn Leech
- Wild Charge

after Bulk Up, Sneasel has only a 12% chance to 2HKO it with ice Punch, allowing Skiddo to hit back for a OHKO Brick Break.
+1 Horn Leech punches big holes in targets like Lileep, Tirtouga, Dwebble, Mienfoo and Meditite who cannot OHKO it.
Wild Charge is for coverage but its not a good idea to stay in against Krow, and Yanma who can take it without too much trouble.

However the downside to Skiddo is quite obvious. the Grass typing is quite a burden. With the fire types coming back into bloom due to the arrival of fairys, Grass types just dont have many opportunities to switch in. Especially when most of the meta packs Ice, and Flying moves. Skiddo gets countered hard by Gligar, Yanma, Murkrow, Ponyta, Growlithe

On the upside, Skiddo can take the opportunity to switch in on Tangela, Lileep, and shell smashers to setup with bulk up and horn leech.

Ok so this is not a creative set but seriously, this should just be good gen6 sets(and that means tested a bit)
So, I'm gonna post a Swirlix set which Corkscrew told me about.

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 204 SAtk / 124 Spd / 100 HP / 72 Def
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Surf / Substitute / Draining Kiss

Swirlix is one of the premier XY sweepers imo, and for good reason. It has decent bulk, so it can set up on Fighting-types and gain the healing from Berry Juice, proceeding to get the x2 Speed from Unburden. Its fairy typing is excellent in the meta and Steel- and Poison-types are quite rare. Speaking of steels, they are promptly obliterated by a Flamethrower. Fire-types were a freaking nuisance for my team(ugh growlithe), so I ran Surf on the set. Substitute is an excellent option to gain the berry juice+unburden boost. Draining Kiss gives recovery, and while I haven't tried it myself, the coverage seems redundant but healing is quite good. Psychic can be run for Poison-types but the coverage is quite redundant otherwise so I left it out.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SAtk / 236 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Now this thing is a monster. After a Speed Boost under its belt, it can steamroll many teams and along with sneasel and maybe drilbur(sand sucks now though), it is THE late-game Pokemon. I originally ran Aqua Jet over Protect but it wasn't that great and I preferred the reliable boost. It works wonderfully with Spikes. The two STABs are quite obvious and Ice Beam lets me get past grasses, notably tangela but I haven't faced one yet ;~;. The EV spread maxes attack and speed and an attack-boosting nature lets it hit as hard as possible. Great Pokemon in the metagame, forms a potent offensive core with Sneasel.
edit-.....wow, i thought no one had posted that since i looked through x_x

Last edited:
full credit to the awesome apt-get to this set

he's just too lazy to post it

MANtyke @ Berry Juice
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 196 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Surf/Substitute/filler ( possibly hp grass/ground for chinchou, but pump probably hits that harder/hidden powr doesn't hit hard enough anyway so idk)

rain dance MANtyke wrecks shit.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebanklcbeta-59946198

MANtyke's dual stabs have amazing neutral AND super-effective coverage in this metagame (you might say the team i faced in the above link was really weak to MANtyke, but athere are a lot of teams like that)

it also fucks up sun.

and it's manly

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fast Bulky support Missy.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt/Heal Bell/Whatever you need
- Shadow Ball

So this is a super weird twist on Misdreavus I've been using in the current meta, that actually has some really cool applications. First off, it can taunt the new shell smash sturdy + berry juice leads that have become so popular, and then burn them before they can do anything (breaking sturdy). It is also an extremely good check/counter to Gligar, as Will-o-wisp ruins its day, and they speed tie (missy can live a hit anyways). It can also taunt swirlix and prevent it from getting up a sub or a calm mind (or the mythical belly drum), and then burn it, allowing you to kill it easily with something else. Shadow Ball still hits pretty hard, as 15 SpA is pretty nice for LC anyways, especially cause it actually has really good neutral coverage now. Unfortunately you still will need something for Sneasel, as it wrecks atm, Ponyta is a cool partner, as it can form a dual speedy burning core, while it also appreciates missy's ability to prevent rocks which aids in the pony's ability to switch into Sneasel. The third slot is up to you, t-bolt can hit normal types and has good coverage (Yanma!), but heal bell can support your team, pain split can give you extremely unreliable recovery, or HP fighting for the normal types.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SDef / 212 HP / 12 Spd / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This thing is incredible. I would argue it to be the best defensive Fairy-type. It has a ton of HP, good defenses and a decent Special Attack to fire off Moonblast. I went physically defensive because Moonblast has a good chance of lowering Special Attack, but you could go special defensive if you want.

Snover @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 36 HP / 104 Atk / 36 Def / 184 SAtk / 116 SDef
Quit Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Bullet Seed

okay this set isn't revolutionary by any means but with berry juice + sturdy tirtouga running around he works so well. basically you sacrifice the ability to hit opposing snover and ferroseed with SE damage but completely destroy tirtouga!! tirtouga always assumes that snover is set-up bait so you just bullet seed as they shell smash. you can run 36 HP / 104 Atk / 184 SAtk / 36 SDef / 116 Spd with a mild nature to outspeed 180+ speed tirtouga by one point but you lose bulk and most tirtougas will just set up anyways instead of going straight for stone edge.

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 212 Spd / 204 Atk / 68 Def
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance / Hone Claws
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

great sneasel lure. sets up on stuff like growlithe really easily with sub. sub also allows it to avoid priority revenges from sneasel and meditite which hamper tyrunt's usability. jolly is nice to outspeed 14 speed swirlix but adamant has power!!! hone claws could be used since tyrunt is relatively fast in general and ice fang / stone edge both have shaky accuracy :(

Last edited:
Behold, the wondrous Bulk Up ResTalk Snubbull

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Play Rough

The premise behind the set is simple: Switch in on something physical, Intimidate it, use Bulk Up on the switch or if your opponent is dumb enough to attack, continue to setup, kill things. If your health gets low, then you ResTalk where you have a 67% chance of either attacking using Bulk Up again. Like other Snubbull, Intimidate allows it to check many threats throughout the course of a match such as Sneasel, Honedge, Meditite, and Gligar (Honedge typically carries Iron Head and Meditite Bullet Punch so oftentimes you will just switch in for the Intimidate drop and switch back out). However, due to the Careful Nature and 196 Special Defense EVs this set also has the utility of being able to stomach some special hits, and can also set up on some special attackers.

However, like any pokemon or set, this Snubbull is not without its limitations. Anything with Clear Smog wrecks it, as Poison is super effective against Fairy and Clear Smog eliminates all of the boosts that Bulk Up has provided. Tangela, with it's high Defense and Special Attack, can take a hit and kill with Leaf Storm or Solarbeam, or the monstrous plant can just whittle down Snubbull with Giga Drain.

Overall, this Snubbull is a great addition to any team in want of a pokemon both capable of tanking a few hits and sweeping all on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)