SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

Magnezone gets Body Press
I thought this might allow it to trap Ferrothorn after all.

0 Def Magnezone Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 102-122 (28.9 - 34.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery

252+ Def Magnezone Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 140-166 (39.7 - 47.1%) -- 31.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery

I was wrong.

I'm tapping out because it's just too much but here's moves up to Nidoking they didn't get in gen 7 but do get now. I assume some of these are hold overs from gen 4 stuff that never got brought forward until now, but whatever.
Beedrill: Screech, Cross Poison, Endure, Baton Pass
Pidgeot: Endure
Raticate: Beat Up, Retaliate, Body Slam, Sludge Bomb, Endure, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
Raticate-A: Thunder Wave, Screech, Beat Up, Retaliate, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Endure, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
Fearow: Pay Day, Endure, Baton Pass, Brave Bird
Arbok: Body Slam, Endure, Venom Drench
Sandslash: Pin Missile, Body Slam, Agility, Amnesia, Leech Life, Spikes, Endure, Work Up, Throat Chop
Sandslash-A: Pin Missile, Rock Tomb, Avalanche, Body Slam, Agility, Amnesia, Spikes, Endure, Throat Chop
Nidoqueen: Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, Mud Shot, Rock Blast, Fling, Avalanche, Hex, High Horsepower, Body Press
Nidoking: Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, Mud Shot, Rock Blast, Avalanche, Hex, Body Slam, High Horsepower, Body Press

The tomb and the rune slab provide the possibility of using Body Press, though.

Giratina, on the other hand, has no hints of not being entirely incorporeal.
it weights 1600 pounds and learns Brutal Swing & Body Slam so I mean....it is probably able to be corporeal on demand, at the very least. Most ghost pokemon can do the same, presumably.

Going through mons by TMs. Right now just looking at TMs that didn't exist in Gen7, and I'm not looking too far back (Bullet Seed for example was a Gen4 TM, so I only looked at Gen5 and onwards for example).

-Swift-

Victini
Pignite
Emboar
Watchog
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Audino
Archen
Archeops
Zorua
Zoroark
Emolga
Eelektross
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Meloetta
Genesect
Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa

-Bullet Seed-

Patrat (egg exclusive before)
Watchog (egg exclusive before)
Pansage (egg exclusive before)
Simisage (egg exclusive before)
Fomantis
Lurantis
Comfey
Tapu Bulu

-Brine-

Oshawott (egg exclusive before)
Dewott (egg exclusive before)
Samurott (egg exclusive before)
Sandygast
Palossand
Tapu Fini

-Avalanche-

Cryogonal

Also here's an extra one:

-Aura Sphere-
Raikou (event exclusive before)
Blaziken
Medicham
Latias
Latios
Lopunny

Weather Ball and Aura Sphere are no longer event-exclusive on Raikou
Flare Blitz is no longer event-exclusive on Entei
Air Slash is no longer event-exclusive on Suicune

Entei gets Agility and Weather Ball
Suicune gets Weather Ball, Agility, and Liquidation

Starmie gets Agility

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hello hello hello i may or may not have forgotten that I had this thread and haven't looked at it in months

but yes, thank you to SciresM as always for the datamine and thanks for posting it in this thread. this datamine is exactly what this thread was made for, so if anyone finds any change in a pokemon's movepool since Ultra Sun/Moon and it hasn't been listed yes since this post, please post! the community effort that was put in to create the original list was amazing and thanks everyone in advance for your contributions!

(dhr are you there do you need help)

I am honestly hoping that (seeing some of the formerly event moves are present in TR, see Hurricane Lugia or Aura Sphere Raikou), we might finally have Event moves "canonized".

My Eruption Heatran senses are tingling...

Guess it's early to know, but 6 months pass quickly o.o
It definitely seems like they're in the process of it. Or at least for the "interesting" ones. For example, Celebi gets Nsty Plot as TM/TR now. Considering the dogs have the appropriate TM/TR, I actually wouldn't be surpised if they got the rest of their Event moves as part of their natural level up move pool now. Definitely be on the lookout for the dogs naturally learning Extremespeed, and I wouldn't be surprisd if Suicune gets Aqua Ring while Raikou gets Zap Cannon & Entei Crush Claw (& maybe Howl? Why not).
Will be interesting to cross referene the full move pools and see what is/isn't brought over.

Other "Event Moves made official" include Swords Dance Seaking, Baton Pass Rapidash and Farfetch'd, and Hydro Pump Magikarp.

It definitely seems like they're aware of old event moves and are making them accessible if it's reasonable to do so.

At least with joy of all smogonites, Lando didn't get a flying stab better than Fly itself :>

Out of curiosity I went checking Tapus..

Fini got Draining Kiss, which actually gives it recovery at last. Might actually become a solid Calm Minder. Maybe.

Bulu actually got a moveset now
- [TR53] Close Combat - [TR69] Zen Headbutt - [TR75] Stone Edge - [TR90] Play Rough - [TR93] Darkest Lariat - [TR94] High Horsepower

Lele surprisingly did NOT get Mystical fire, rip in Hidden Fire and walled by steel types forever.

And Koko gained both Play Rough and Close Combat, actually making it have a solid phisical moveset to use his higher Atk stat.
It was a solid Calm Minder in VGC. And Lele had Focus Blast in the first place, so steels aren't 100% answer.
TRs:
  1. - [TR00] Swords Dance
  2. - [TR01] Body Slam
  3. - [TR02] Flamethrower
  4. - [TR04] Surf
  5. - [TR10] Earthquake
  6. - [TR15] Fire Blast
  7. - [TR20] Substitute
  8. - [TR24] Outrage
  9. - [TR26] Endure
  10. - [TR27] Sleep Talk
  11. - [TR31] Iron Tail
  12. - [TR32] Crunch
  13. - [TR47] Dragon Claw
  14. - [TR57] Poison Jab
  15. - [TR62] Dragon Pulse
  16. - [TR67] Earth Power
  17. - [TR74] Iron Head
  18. - [TR75] Stone Edge
  19. - [TR76] Stealth Rock

*sad violin music plays*

Another thing of interest I noted is that Tapu Koko now gets Play Rough (as well as all the other Tapus) and Close Combat. No physical Electric move that outclasses Wild Charge, though.

Tapu Bulu also gets those two moves, as well as High Horsepower so it can bypass its own Grassy Terrain and use a Ground-type move that doesn't suck.

And Azumarill has access to the Whirlpool TM, not forcing you to bring one all the way from GSC to get a legal Sap Sipper/Whirlpool/Perish Song Azumarill.

(Also, as expected, Skarmory gets Body Press)
They probably realized how OP that would be.

With all these old event moves coming back, I think it relevant to share a list of event moves I compiled a year ago for a fan game that didn't take off. Note that this list may not include moves that were TMs at any point before Gen 8 (it was supposed to not include any, but it seems some, like Metronome and Dragon Rage, fell through the cracks).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_azZy8tUpS6VmdEEBB48gSuye-4TMOZpq-GgnUuGvPg/edit?usp=sharing

The most exciting things on that list are a bunch of things inexplicably getting Petal Dance, and Rapid Spin Geodude.

With all these old event moves coming back, I think it relevant to share a list of event moves I compiled a year ago for a fan game that didn't take off. Note that this list may not include moves that were TMs at any point before Gen 8 (it was supposed to not include any, but it seems some, like Metronome and Dragon Rage, fell through the cracks).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_azZy8tUpS6VmdEEBB48gSuye-4TMOZpq-GgnUuGvPg/edit?usp=sharing

The most exciting things on that list are a bunch of things inexplicably getting Petal Dance, and Rapid Spin Geodude.
I can proabbly cross reference this later, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the american-exclusive events will probably be passed on, in addition to wahtever other criteria they're using to skip on moves (ie: Pichu never got Endeavor. Why? Who knows. Maybe they just didn't care about it)
Like it'd have been pretty easy to include the NY PC Ancient Power Bulbasaur & Zap Cannon Squirtle (excluded here because it was a TM in Gen 2, but Squirtle never got it), but they still dont have it.

I'm making a list here of notable new moves. Will update and edit this post as I find and collect more
Nasty Plot: :tornadus::tornadus-therian::mightyena::delcatty::alakazam::uxie::mesprit::slowbro::grumpig::deoxys:
Close Combat: :raticate::raticate-alola::poliwrath::tyrantrum::absol::tapu koko::tapu bulu::blaziken::pheromosa::lycanroc::lycanroc-dusk::lycanroc-midnight::tauros::sharpedo::lopunny::breloom::krookodile::mienshao::bouffalant::buzzwole:
Rest: :regigigas::tapu koko::tapu bulu::tapu fini::tapu lele::magearna:
Spikes: :sandslash::sandslash-alola::naganadel::heracross:
Dragon Dance: :sceptile::aerodactyl::naganadel::latias:
Swords Dance: :yanmega::walrein::seaking:
Toxic Spikes: :naganadel:
Calm Mind: :exeggutor:
U-turn: :blaziken::lopunny:
Drain Punch: :poliwrath::azelf::uxie::mesprit:
Blaze Kick: :medicham::mienshao::genesect::victini:
Breaking Swipe: :Tyrantrum::dragonite::exeggutor-alola::feraligatr::kingdra::sceptile::altaria::salamence::latias::latios::rayquaza::garchomp::dialga::palkia::giratina::giratina-origin::zygarde::zygarde-10%::naganadel:
Bulk Up: :swampert:
Self-Destruct: :wigglytuff::hypno::magcargo::magnezone::lickilicky::probopass::cryogonal::landorus::landorus-therian::celesteela::blacephalon:
Electric Terrain: :golem-alola::raikou::dedenne:
Misty Terrain: :azumarill::klefki::volcanion:
Psychic Terrain: :jynx:
Grassy Terrain: :victreebel::cradily::lilligant::amoonguss::lurantis:
Rock Slide: :nihilego:
Rock Tomb: :sandslash-alola::nihilego::komala:
Encore: :zoroark::azelf::uxie::mesprit::diancie::jynx::donphan::cacturne::victini::comfey::blacephalon:
Agility: :starmie::sandslash::sandslash-alola::crobat::mienshao::volbeat::latias::latios::luxray::suicune::entei::raikou:
Hurricane: :crobat::zapdos::aerodactyl::kingdra::honchkrow::salamence::talonflame:
Baton Pass: :magearna::azelf::uxie::mesprit::diancie::victini::jumpluff::dodrio::dunsparce::latios::latias:
Hex: :nidoking::nidoqueen::naganadel::nihilego::crobat::spiritomb::scolipede::zoroark::amoonguss:
Megahorn: :celesteela::tauros:
Crunch: :Crobat::aggron:
Tail Slap: :furret::delcatty::lycanroc::lycanroc-dusk:
Power Swap: :magearna::porygon-z::porygon2::cresselia::victini:
Shadow Claw: :armaldo::blacephalon:
Leaf Blade: :Lilligant:
Psychic Fangs: :lycanroc::lycanroc-dusk::lycanroc-midnight::feraligatr::aerodactyl::raticate::raticate-alola::granbull::luxray::mightyena::gliscor:
Aura Sphere: :raikou::latios::latias::blaziken::medicham::lopunny:
Darkest Lariat: :regigigas::tapu bulu::swampert::poliwrath::electivire::buzzwole::krookodile:
Air Slash: :articuno::dragonite::zapdos::honchkrow::ho-oh::lugia::absol::salamence::latias::latios::beautifly::archeops:
Brave Bird: :articuno::zapdos::moltres::fearow:
Flare Blitz: :ho-oh::moltres::camerupt:
Avalanche: :cryogonal::dewgong::sandslash-alola:
Icicle Spear: :articuno::jynx::walrein::regice::cryogonal::aurorus:
Sludge Bomb: :zoroark:
Muddy Water: :golduck::poliwrath::politoed::slowbro::slowking::feraligatr::carracosta:
Fire Spin: :altaria::marowak-alola::dragonite::magcargo::ho-oh::victini::talonflame::volcanion::blacephalon:
Weather Ball: :articuno::zapdos::moltres::slowbro::slowking::tornadus::tornadus-therian::thundurus::thundurus-therian::Landorus::landorus-therian::politoed::suicune::entei::raikou::electivire::magmortar::aurorus:
Draining Kiss: :xerneas::tapu fini::delcatty::hypno::azumarill::azelf::uxie::mesprit::diancie:
Scald: :raikou:
Energy Ball: :emolga:
Body Slam: :dialga::palkia::heatran::regigigas::giratina::cresselia::audino::krookodile::druddigon::bouffalant::tornadus::tornadus-therian::thundurus::thundurus-therian::landorus::landorus-therian::tyrantrum::aurorus::xerneas::yveltal::zygarde::nihilego::buzzwole::celesteela::guzzlord::stakataka:
Psycho Cut: :scizor::lurantis::starmie::jynx::kabutops::metagross::latias::latios::uxie::azelf::mesprit:
Acrobatics: :scyther::masquerain::lopunny:
Bug Buzz: :ariados::forretress:
Rock Blast: :tyrantrum::regirock::nidoqueen::nidoking::aerodactyl::kabutops::magcargo::cradily::relicanth::carracosta::archeops::aurorus::lycanroc::lycanroc-dusk::lycanroc-midnight::blacephalon:
Stored Power: :magearna::slowbro::slowking::cresselia::jynx::dunsparce::chansey::blissey::medicham::uxie::azelf::mesprit::klefki::comfey::tapu koko::tapu bulu::tapu fini::tapu lele:
Heat Crash: :guzzlord::stakataka::groudon::volcanion::regigigas::magcargo::blaziken::hariyama::camerupt:
Body Press: :stakataka::aggron::probopass::regirock::registeel::magnezone::carbink::diancie::guzzlord::miltank::donphan::skarmory::swampert::volcanion::regigigas::walrein::slowbro::forretress::slaking::hariyama::camerupt::relicanth::lickilicky::dialga::palkia:
Mystical Fire: :latias::latios::diancie::typhlosion::moltres::ho-oh::magmortar::volcarona::victini::blacephalon:
Play Rough: :tapu koko::tapu bulu::tapu lele::tapu fini::xerneas::diancie::lycanroc::lycanroc-dusk::lycanroc-midnight::lopunny::azelf::uxie::mesprit::luxray:
Liquidation: :kingdra::swampert::poliwrath::slowbro::slowking::politoed::suicune::walrein::relicanth:
Cross Poison: :Scizor::sceptile::kabutops::beedrill::lurantis::scyther::scolipede::nihilego::naganadel:
Thunder Wave: :raticate-alola:
Future Sight: :exeggutor::jynx::latios::latias::probopass::victini:
Bullet Seed: :Tapu bulu::lurantis::comfey:
Brine: :Palossand:
Heavy Slam: :miltank::slaking::walrein::regirock::regice::registeel::kyogre::groudon::magnezone::probopass::dialga::palkia::volcanion::stakataka:
Leaf Storm: :Jumpluff:
Pollen Puff: :jumpluff::meganium::lilligant::amoonguss::illumise::comfey:
Cosmic Power: :celesteela::metagross::rayquaza::cresselia:
Power Whip: :gliscor::cradily::seviper::donphan::exeggutor-alola:
High Horsepower: :tapu bulu::guzzlord::stakataka::azumarill::swampert::poliwrath::nidoking::nidoqueen::tauros::pinsir::golem::miltank::slaking::hariyama::aggron::camerupt::groudon::regigigas::krookodile::bouffalant::tyrantrum::zygarde::zygarde-10%:
Leech Life: :kabutops::sandslash::genesect:
Razor Shell: :kabutops::slowbro::carracosta:
Hydro Pump: :dewgong::exploud::aggron::walrein::rayquaza::lickilicky:
Pin Missile: :sandslash::sandslash-alola::gliscor:
Solar Beam: :blacephalon:
Solar Blade: :kartana::victreebel::meganium::sceptile::tangrowth::lilligant:
Protect: :regigigas:

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I went through this list with a bud irl and here's some notable ones that stood out to us (in addition to the ones already mentioned):

- Nasty Plot Uxie and Mesprit
- Play Rough for the Lake Trio too
- Cosmic Power Rayquaza
- Hurricane Honchkrow
- Blaze Kick Medicham
- Attract Volcarona (yay)
- Baton Pass / Encore: On most "pixie"-esque mons (Lake Trio, 100 Across the Board 600 BST Crew, Diancie, Magearna)
- Megahorn Celesteela
- Solar Blade Kartana
- Hurricane Kingdra
- Pollen Puff Amoonguss

I'm making a list here of notable new moves. Will update and edit this post as I find and collect more
Spikes: :sandslash: :sandslash-alola: :naganadel: :heracross:
Dragon Dance: :sceptile: :aerodactyl: :naganadel:
Swords Dance: :yanmega:
Nasty Plot: :tornadus: :tornadus-therian: :mightyena: :delcatty: :alakazam::uxie: :mesprit:
Toxic Spikes: :naganadel:
Close Combat: :raticate: :raticate-alola: :poliwrath: :tyrantrum: :absol: :tapu koko: :tapu bulu: :blaziken: :pheromosa: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-dusk: :lycanroc-midnight::tauros: :sharpedo: :lopunny: :breloom::krookodile:
U-turn: :blaziken:
Bulk Up: :swampert:
Encore: :zoroark: :azelf: :uxie: :mesprit: :diancie:
Agility: :starmie: :sandslash: :sandslash-alola: :crobat:
Hurricane: :crobat: :zapdos::aerodactyl:
Baton Pass: :magearna::azelf: :uxie: :mesprit: :diancie:
Hex: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :naganadel: :nihilego:
Psychic Fangs: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-dusk: :lycanroc-midnight: :feraligatr::aerodactyl::raticate: :raticate-alola: :granbull: :luxray: :mightyena: :gliscor:
Aura Sphere: :raikou: :latios: :latias: :blaziken: :medicham: :lopunny:
Darkest Lariat: :regigigas: :tapu bulu: :swampert:
Air Slash: :articuno: :dragonite: :zapdos::honchkrow::ho-oh: :lugia::absol: :salamence: :latias: :latios:
Brave Bird: :articuno: :zapdos: :moltres: :fearow:
Flare Blitz: :ho-oh:
Weather Ball: :articuno:::tornadus: :thundurus: :politoed:
Draining Kiss: :xerneas: :tapu fini:
Scald: :raikou:
Psycho Cut: :scizor: :lurantis:
Acrobatics: :scyther:
Stored Power: :magearna::slowbro: :slowking:
Heat Crash: :guzzlord: :stakataka::groudon:
Body Press: :stakataka: :aggron: :probopass: :regirock: :registeel: :magnezone: :carbink: :diancie: :guzzlord: :miltank: :donphan: :skarmory::swampert:
Mystical Fire: :latias::latios::diancie::typhlosion::moltres: :ho-oh: :magmortar:
Play Rough: :tapu koko: :tapu bulu: :xerneas: :diancie: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-dusk: :lycanroc-midnight::lopunny::azelf: :uxie: :mesprit:
Liquidation: :kingdra::swampert:
Cross Poison: :Scizor: :sceptile: :kabutops:
Pollen Puff: :jumpluff: :meganium::lilligant:
Cosmic Power: :celesteela: :metagross::rayquaza:
Power Whip: :gliscor: :cradily:
High Horsepower: :tapu bulu: :guzzlord: :stakataka: :azumarill: :swampert:
Solar Beam: :blacephalon:
Protect: :regigigas:
Rest: :regigigas:
Some things I noticed missing that come to mind:

1581655143191.png
gets u-turn (big if mega comes back some day)
1581655292829.png
gets CC and blaze kick
1581655319523.png
gets stored power AND cosmic power (o_o)
1581655392339.png
gets baton pass (lol)
1581655445794.png
1581655460662.png
1581655470470.png
all get weather ball
1581655621725.png
mystical fire (maybe a boots utility set would run this?)
1581655715904.png
body press
1581655797682.png
hurricane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)