New game

Not sure if anyone noticed but...

In The Games Department
New Game in 2008 The latest CoroCoro that comes out in Japan tomorrow has revealed, rather hinted, that a new game is coming out this year. The way they organised the listings showed a timeline of the original games (Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl) and then their follow up (Blue, Crystal, Emerald). It then leaves the gap open in 2008 for this new game. This implies that the upcoming game is to be the third version of Diamond & Pearl. This is listed with the information detailling next month's issue so it is likely the first details arrive then so be sure to check back
Derived from Serebii.net.

Discuss...

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We all knew it was coming, but it's nice to get some confirmation.

Another little fact is that the next series of the Pokemon anime has been dubbed as "Battle Dimension" according to Bulbapedia. I wonder if this will be the title for a possible Battle Frontier-esque zone in this new installment? I hope so anyway!

Already? So soon? *checks* Never mind, All "third version" have been released 1-2 years after the original two. I'm certainly hoping for another Battle Frontier-like setting and THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF STARTUP ANIMATIONS.

I'm definitely looking forward to it for several reasons. First of all, I didn't know anything about competitive pokemon when dp came out, and I have already caught all my legends (except regigigas, because I lent my regis to my friend and he lost them), so I don't have any good ones. Also, I just love playing through new pokemon games. Lastly, I really hope it's got something like battlefrontier.

I doubt I would be able to get it, but it would be awesome if there were more double battles randomly with trainers, like a less extreme version of the XD and Coliseum. It'd definately be a a winner in my books..

Already? So soon? *checks* Never mind, All "third version" have been released 1-2 years after the original two. I'm certainly hoping for another Battle Frontier-like setting and THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF STARTUP ANIMATIONS.
Yeah, Japan has already had it for more than an year, US just about 1 year..

So the timing is right- but it better have some good stuff (like what emerald had/has over R/S (Move Tutor, Battle Froniter, etc)).

I just hope the US get it no more then 3 months after Japan does, but yeah right.

oh boy, I sense epic sex
Totally necessary. He was talking about how stoked he will be to breed in the new game. I mean, the wifi forum is a big sex discussion is it not?

Anyway, I'd be excited if we got a new form a Giranta or how ever you spell it, but more importantly a battle frontier and move tutors (RAPID SPIN)

Here's a picture for anyone who is curious. When I was browsing GameFAQs earlier I saw a similar topic. If you look in the right hand corner there is a picture of Giratina and Shaymin.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean, the wifi forum is a big sex discussion is it not?
That explains why we have to infract you guys so much :|

Anyway, looking forward to it, although not really looking forward to replaying through the game since it's ridiculously slow. I hope it'll at least have the emerald tutors and such =]

in-game dp was kind of poor compared to the previous ones but I do need another game cart for various reasons, so I might as well wait for it.

hopefully there'll be some (good) new stuff too

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only a new picture? The way some people have been talking about it I thought there was a new move or ability or something.

i knew this was coming after Ranger came out, i knew they would annouce something. :D

i will hopefully be able to import this game like i did with Diamond.

It's not a just a new picture, it's a new form. Which may very well carry a new move or ability or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)