ORAS OU New here, my first team!

I started playing 3-4 days ago and I'm loving Competitive Pokémon! I've tried doing a team on my own but I'd like some help and suggestions, so feel free to destroy my hopes and dreams!

I started with M-Medicham. This is a Mon I really like and feel it can sweep many Pokémon if used correctly. So from now on I focused on creating a team around him.

With that in mind, I added Tyranitar in my team. His typing helps against most of the Mons that threaten Medicham and he's a nice tank who adds some attack to the team.

Someone I saw as a good fit next is Heatran. His Fire/Steel type helps against Fairy types who are a huge problem for the 2 Pokémon above. It also adds a SpAtt sweeper on the team. I wanted to avoid any Legendaries since I'm not a huge fan of them, but I thought the Heatran/Tyranitar combination was too good to let it pass.

Next in the list are Gliscor and Azumarill. I was looking for some walls which could cover types and these are the ones I thought would be good enough.

My last Pokémon is Magnezone. I realised I didn't have a U-turn/Volt switch Pokémon yet and Magnezone can do that while still having some nice Electric damage.
BUILDS

Medicham (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

The standard build for M-Medicham. I get Ice Punch to cover for his flying weakness and to fight any Dragon type Pokémon I might encounter. Fake Out so I can Mega-evolve without suffering any damage too.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Another Standard build. I like the damage the CS adds and Pursuit helps killing M-Sableye when switching out, and since it is a huge counter to my M-Medicham I like having an option to kill it fast.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

I like Air Balloon on Heatran. Gives me an additional turn to use Stealth Rock before suffering a Ground attack. Flash Cannon let's me hit Fairy Pokémon hard as well as Fire Blast, and with Earth Power I can kill any other Heatran pretty fast too.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

I really, REALLY love the Toxic Orb/Poison Heal combo. Prevents Gliscor from getting more Status problems while healing himself and powering up Facade. After a Swords Dance this guy can do a shit ton of damage to anyone with Facade/Earthquake and he's pretty bulky, so Roost can make him really annoying to deal with.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill Belly Drum/Aqua Jet combo is something to fear. It adds great damage to the team while having a bulky Pokémon and some Water/fairy moves to cover the team.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Finally Magnezone. I really didn't know who to add, until I realised I didn't have a U-turn/Volt switch user. In the past I've always missed an Electric Type Pokémon in my team and Flying Types were always a burden, so I decided to go with this guy.

I know I haven't been too clear about some things or I might look like a noob (I am). So I'd like you all to rate my team and help me improve it. I've seen a problem in this team and that is its speed. I'm outsped by many Pokémon but somehow I manage to play around that for the time being. I know it could be better in some places (like Landorus-T > Gliscor) but I've been trying to avoid Legendaries when possible (couldn't avoid the damn Heatran).

A huge Counter to my team is a BD Azumarill. Nobody in my team can survive his attack or can kill him before that.

Any advice or tips for this or my next teams will be more than welcome! Thank you everybody and have a nice day!

PS. I don't know how to add pictures to all of this LOL

Last edited:
hi, I think your team is really weak to ground type moves. Heatran and Magnezone both have a 4x weakness against it and tyranitar also suffers from a 2x. ofc , you have gliscor but him alone won't stop the opponent from spamming earthquakes. Im pretty new here to so the only thing i could suggest you is to replace some of these 4x weak Pokemons and add some grass types (also helps againt keldeo, who would smash your team once azumarill is gone and when medicham has taken some prior damage. Hopefully it helped!

im going to reset my ladder and im going to see how far i can go in 20 battles
hope your team does well :)

im going to reset my ladder and im going to see how far i can go in 20 battles
hope your team does well :)
This is the first team I've done, but it has been working out so far. Now I'm trying out Amoonguss instead of Magnezone and although I lose a bit of raw power I gain some status with spores. Having a grass Pokémon certainly helps.

hi, I think your team is really weak to ground type moves. Heatran and Magnezone both have a 4x weakness against it and tyranitar also suffers from a 2x. ofc , you have gliscor but him alone won't stop the opponent from spamming earthquakes. Im pretty new here to so the only thing i could suggest you is to replace some of these 4x weak Pokemons and add some grass types (also helps againt keldeo, who would smash your team once azumarill is gone and when medicham has taken some prior damage. Hopefully it helped!
You are certainly right. I'm trying Amoonguss instead of Magnezone now, I realised I was weak to ground and water too. Thanks for everything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)