Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 37 HP / 172 Def / 227 SpA / 72 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Iron Defense
- Shadow Ball

So I was playing on the ladder and became very inspired to create sun and a sand force team with offensive synergistic pressure for being defensable and offensive against opposing weather with defensive balance. I came up with an excellent offensive lead build with and composing of Entei and Lilligant. For current meta, Entei deals excellently with lead Tapu Bulu and other grass mons presently used. Lilligant does well for grass and fire synergy and utilizes sun with chlorophyll well. The two act as a good defensive and offensive wall for the common core of Tapu Bulu and M-Swampert. As well as acting well against other offensive sun teams with it's immensely good offensive weather pressure. The energy of the weather build also makes it deal well with offensive rain build leads of rain teams. That's to say it's very good at dealing with other types of weather teams as well, or example hail, with the offensive pressure of Entei and the fact that it outspeeds Aboma an KO's with sacred fire. I sometimes run will-o on Entei over sunny day for t-tar, since Lilligant outspeeds much of the middle tier meta, but the offensive weather energy of the sunny day set combined with the part-first-and-then-foremostly-offensive, and-secondly-defensive-chipping-down Lilli set (with the use of toxic and leech seed), makes an excellent use of this first core build of the team an excellent sun offensive wall breaker and and set up, offensive sun, fast-sweeper and breaker-downer, chipper-downer, and offensive/defensive wall breaker with the use of toxic and leech seed set up Lilligant. I also use iron head and adamant CB with Entei for wearing down fairies and the amazing 2HKO on even, defensive Clefable sets. This does wonders for setting the way for sweeps with the amazingly defensive and wallish and glueful and offensive physical sweeper of assault vest physically offensive Tyranitar which excellently sets sand for Mega Chomp for sweeping with sand and which also carries the use of poison jab for lingering fairies. The use of iron head on CB Entei also forefatherly rids the field of fairies for sweeping with Chomp in sand after Entei and Lilli clear the field, which Chomp leads to of sweeps by with my favorite Reun set, the very innovative CM and Iron Defense Reuniclus set, which makes it an excellent wall, set up sweeper, and excellent late game wall and cleaner. Ferrothorn makes for excellent steel synergy with Reuniclus for defense against fairies and makes as an excellent spikes layer which utilizes the use of dragon tail on av t-tar, for offensive sweeping/wearing down with spikes and rocks. I run aqua tail on t-tar for lando-t, other ground pokemon, as well as other rock pokemon, and fire mons. Ferro is also excellent an excellently good at taking care of the defensive core of Quagsire and Whimsicott with the use of gyro ball for whimsicott and the use of seed bomb for Quagsire. I run shadow ball on Reuniclus for striking other ghosts. I primarily run av on t-tar as well, for the walling of heatran and utilize earthquake as well for the OHKO of tran, this makes great way for the excellent sweeping conditions of Reuniclus that I always play for with excellent set up strategy. Hope you guys enjoy the team, I'll post again later to develop on its more minute mechanics of use as I play more on the ladder with it. It's a team I'm very proud of since it's so formulaic and innovative with defense and offense builds and archetypes and innovative in build on that level, with its use of the rarely used sunny day Entei and Lilligant in combination with sand force mega garchomop with tar for offensive defensive sweeping. This is a very proud and fun team of mine an I truly had fun building it, which is why I posted it. This team is truly a real beauty and very good on the ladder. I use Rocky Helmet Lilligant because it's innovative and for for the theme of chipping things down which was inspired by the use of leech seed and toxic on its move set, as well as the use of rocks on garchomp and spikes on ferro as well in combination with dragon tail on t-tar for wearing teams down. Once again, I'm really proud of this team guys, so please rate because I really do love team building and discussions even on perfect teams. This team is extravagantly good, but like I said, I always love team discussion and good debate. Oh, I also sometimes run dragon tail on mega chomp as well for 2ndary spikes phasing in addition to t-tar. But I also really like dragon claw for sustained offensive walling and sustained sweeping which makes for excellent sustained defense walling and offensive sweeping by maintaining offensive pressure with more base power. It's an excellent relative mathematical equation relation to dragon tail relation which gives it this sustained power, and this goes for dragon tail as well. This is why i run the ev's on Reun I do. It's because it walls and takes a hit from Bisharp, allowing me to set up an iron defense and is even able to take Bisharp down after two phases with rocks and spikes down. This lower strategy of the team doesn't always have to be utilized since I have chomp with eq for Bisharp, but is useful in having for defense walling. I also sometimes run hp poison on lilligant for setting up on and taking down tapu bulu and other grasses which utilize the physical striking method of taking down rather the wearing down method and taking down with set ups which is related to spikes and d-tail strategy, which is also why I combined the lilligant set with spikes laying and d-tail phasing. This is because the Lilligant set and spikes laying strategy combine to form offensive/defensive meta phasing pressure offensively to pressure just about any opposing team and win in any scenario. This is also why I use Reun, because it's move set is a theme relation to spikes laying and wearing things down with toxic leech seed Lilligant. The fact that it's a theme relation makes it combine with the spikes laying strategy as well as the Lilligant move set to be an easy set up defense pokemon for late and even mid game, later to be used in late match, even...especially with spikes an rocks down on the field. And with steels and fairies eliminated by iron head cb Entei and poison jab mega chomp. Some may not know, but Reuniclus is a complex pokemon who truly does have an easier time sweeping when fairies are off the field. If people wanna ask and discuss this, feel free to ask on my page because it's really quite a complex summary of meta layer of the competitive tier. These mathematical equations of the team truly make it an excellent spikes laying team with dragon tail support with compounded built on relations of and with and onto the Lilligant set and set up of sun and onto with CB set up sun Entei. The build Of the team kind of reminds me of the mathematical formula of everything, which is truly a grand simile for spike stacking and dragon tail teams with compound building of team support to compound move set members with compound relations to each other which all support each other with offense and defense and creative innovative move sets and innovative plays which all support one another in unity and fluidity with proper playing and intellectual tachtiques. This is to discuss the mathematics behind team building because it's what's truly at the source of the skill of team building. This is why I posted this team. It's because it's a perfect mathematical replication and built image of that source of skill as truly shown by the mathematics and actual aesthetically image of the team as I explained. I am truly proud of this team because it's truly an innovative build, even mathematically in synergistic relations. This one truly makes me happy. So please rate and comment people for beautiful discussion. As I alluded to, this team is based on the mathematical formula of compound dynamics and truly a beautiful simile of it. The mathematics of the team are truly beautiful and I am especially proud of the use of rocky helmet Lilligant. It's truly a beautiful innovation that's fun to use.

"I'm a rocky helmet Lilligant and I ain't confused on the duncely matter."
-Ferrothorn to the Lilligant
"I'm a rocky (get it?, rocky like walky!)
talky Asian grass woman with many leech seed oxic song sung steel grass accents for steel rocky helmet lore!" "And also a rocky helmet that's innovative and fun to use!"
-Lilligant to the Ferrothorn in rocky helmet flirtatiousness.

-Deschutes

Update Summary of Team Mechanics:

Btw this team is based on offensive building of style play for team making and weather synergy offense play with the use of Entei for set up of sun for synergistic wall breaking with the defense/offensive set of toxic leech seed offense set up Lilligant with the smooth and hard hitting bravado of CB Entei. As well as the smooth setting up and defensive and offensive powerhouse all-out bulky Reuniclus with its optimal spread and very innovative CM iron defense tactical move set. This is part of the smooth make up formula for the synergy of its team members which is to say everything is based on everything. Especially synergy of team building and playing and team unity. Oh, I also meant to mention that I run iron head on Entei for hitting Tyranitar on the switch as well as for chip damage for Lando on the switch since bulldoze doesn't hit as hard and since lando negates it. Av Tyranitar btw supports the set up synergy of the team that Reuniclus and Lilligant make up and that Entei also relatedly weatherly synergistically supports as well with the set up sunny day set. This is also synergistically relate to the ultimate and altimate theory behind spikes setting of synergistically combining with weather to break down walls for alti-ultimate offensive wall breaking. Earthquake on Tyranitar is also for breaking down Ferro and OHKO'king Heatran for Reuniclus to set up and sweep, as well as making way for sun set up for wall breaking and sweeping with Entei and sweeping with Lilligant. Stone edge on Tyranitar is also for sweeping birds, making way for proper sweeping with Lilligant, as well as grounding the opposing team to spikes and limited switches for end game victory. I like viewing this as an ultimate team of ultimate playing and strategy for ultimate winning and victory with all-out offensive play-style.
-Deschutes

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Deschutes interesting team you've got here. I can tell you put some effort into this, so I'd like for you to get some response to this. I don't really have a rate for you since this team is all over the place, and I don't want to pick one aspect of this team to go off of and have it all just ignored. I would however like to point out a few issues I'm having when I look at the team, that can hopefully help you in the future.

The first thing I notice with this team is that it's to jumbled. I feel like you tried to do to much here and it ended up costing you in overall efficiency and made the team less successful. I'll start of with Reuniclus. Firstly it is a mon you usually build around, and it's a focus - so throwing it on last as just a 6th mon isn't something I can recommend. Also it really needs Recover to shine. I get wanting to boost both defenses, but Recover helps more with longevity. Also Psychic + Shadow Ball isn't ideal coverage as you're still very weak to Dark types. If you're more interested in a Reuniclus route I would recommend looking at the SmogDex for set options. Also look at the Teammate sections for ideas on who to pair it with.

Now onto the other issue with the team. The true dual weather does no work. Liligant is bad. There are better sun abusers like Venusaur. It gets Chlorophyll and uses Growth to boost Spa, while also having more bulk. Also the manual sun doesn't work in OU. Really any manual weather. Also Entei while strong just isn't really great. It's just to slow, and when it comes to Sun Liligant + Entei is just very sub optimal when you factor in mons like Zard-Y, Torkoal, and Venusaur existing. Also on sand while I can get behind a good Ttar the choice of M-Chomp just doesn't work out. M-Chomp is pretty trash in almost every scenario in my eyes, so I don't really want to discuss it. Also if you are going to use it in order to take advantage of Sand Force please use Swords Dance, Rocks with 3 attacks one being Poison Jab just doesn't measure up. In the end it boils down to just double weather not working out, especially if you run some sub optimal options in doing so.

I apologize if this came off a little rude. I just don't like to sugar coat this situation. If you pick a true lane to stick with it be Sun, Sand, OR Reuniclus let me know and I'd be glad to try and help a bit more. Hope you have a good day, and good luck with this idea if you continue to pursue it.

Thanks for the suggestion of Venu, I used to run it a lot back in 5th gen in sun, weatherless, and other weather metas. I almost forgot about it due to current meta running.
Lilligant really is excellent for speedy set up in sun and then toxic, leech seed, and giga drain shenanigans. Giga Drain is excellent for use after one or two Quiver Dances, which makes it a recovering-health-wall and wearer-down with toxic and leech seed. Leech seed makes for great constant recovery which makes it an excellent defensive and offensive defensive powerhouse wall that deals great damage after set up. But Venusaur is also excellent for quick set up with growth. So if you want quick set up all out sweeping to be a theme of the team, I see why you suggested that. So thanks for that suggestion. Most dark types are steel in current meta btw, so Entei and Garchomp take care of that, which is part of why I run them. Lead mega chomp also takes care of lead or non-lead Tyranitar which clears the path for Entei and my Reuniclus set while also utilizing opposing sand. Which makes the job of my wall breaking and sweeping Sun Entei set easy and efficient. Entei can also be used to wall break lead Tyranitar setting up sand by going for sunny day on the predicted set up of stealth rocks from lead Tyranitar, so as you can tell this team is very weather (as well as weatherless) efficient. This you can tell by my utilization of Tyranitar for wearing down opposing bulky waters, which Lilligant takes care of and threatens as well. T-tar also takes care of hail, as well as set-up-sun Sunny Day Entei. Reuniclus also stands under the tumultuous weather of hail and sand with its magic guard ability.

All of this makes the team an excellent defensive and offensive powerhouse against weather meta, as well as weatherless...which is always an excellent use and niche of Magic Guard Reuniclus.

-Deschutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)