new mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Celticpride* and Sijih , congrats guys. Everyone else please treat them kindly, they are new to the forum please do not scare them off. They are startled by loud noises and pungent smells.

*EDIT: celticpride posted some transphobic shit which is rather unbecoming of any users, let alone moderators, so has been demodded.

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
that’s not uncommon? especially with social forums
I was told that people without badges were unable to gain the position of moderator unless a specific curcumstance.

Cowman definitely deserves it and im happy he got it in the first in place in case this message is misconstrued otherwise.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
straight to mod is somewhat unusual, but def not unheard of, and yeah as celticpride said, particularly not for social forums.

I'm pretty sure monkfish was made a firebot moderator like a decade ago without previously having any badges.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
most of us were

for a while, the ladybug pre-contrib was almost synonymous with firemod bc it was kind of a forum workaround for powers, i think

this was way back when people were italicised and asterisked etc for roles, though

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I was told that people without badges were unable to gain the position of moderator unless a specific curcumstance.

Cowman definitely deserves it and im happy he got it in the first in place in case this message is misconstrued otherwise.
This was only the case for the initial batch of mods when the forum was opened, as to start it off with more experienced community members.

Celticpride* and Sijih , congrats guys. Everyone else please treat them kindly, they are new to the forum please do not scare them off. They are startled by loud noises and pungent smells.

*EDIT: celticpride posted some transphobic shit which is rather unbecoming of any users, let alone moderators, so has been demodded.
i can't belive someone like celticpride said that stuff. i just feel upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)