New Pokemon Snap - Released April 30th!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So the Japanese Youtube Channel posted this. I don't think it's really saying anything new, but we get to see more Pokemon (including Lugia) and shown more interactions the tools have with Pokemon.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Were the Crystal Flowers already revealed? I don't remember them in past trailers. I also didn't really get what they do, aside from adding nice ambient colors.

The game feels like it has more meat than what was first expected, which is good.
I hope it'll be a nice basis to record organic behavior of Pokémon, because the main games are lacking in that regard.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Were the Crystal Flowers already revealed? I don't remember them in past trailers. I also didn't really get what they do, aside from adding nice ambient colors.
Those are the Lumina Orbs. Not only do they make Pokemon glow the color they are, they can make objects in the environment glow which affect some Pokemon behavior (such as drawing them out of hiding or make them do a special animation likely worth a lot of points).

3:50, looks like you can level up the various areas you explore. So it's going to be "go through once to learn generally where mons are and how to trigger them, go through again at max level to get them up-close in a herd".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
3:50, looks like you can level up the various areas you explore. So it's going to be "go through once to learn generally where mons are and how to trigger them, go through again at max level to get them up-close in a herd".
Is it the areas being leveled up or the Neo-One? They did say as you progress in the game that earlier levels will change.

Is it the areas being leveled up or the Neo-One? They did say as you progress in the game that earlier levels will change.
Probably the Neo-One, looking at the symbol. I'm less a fan of that from a lore standpoint, although mechanically it's probably simpler.

Between that, the items, time of day, and possible interactions with other games/online giveaways, it could be a WHILE before we have sussed out everything in each level of this.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
English version of the "indepth" look is now up:
So it's your "Research Level" that increases which adds in/changes positions of Pokemon in older levels.

Also, remember how the original Pokemon Snap let you go to Blockbuster to print out photos? Well, Blockbuster is now gone, but it has been announced for the Japanese audience that the Lawson convenience stores will be offering a similar service for New Pokemon Snap! We'll have to see if they bring this over to the international audience, betting in the US it'll either be GameStop or maybe 7-11 that would host the service.

English version of the "indepth" look is now up:
So it's your "Research Level" that increases which adds in/changes positions of Pokemon in older levels.

Also, remember how the original Pokemon Snap let you go to Blockbuster to print out photos? Well, Blockbuster is now gone, but it has been announced for the Japanese audience that the Lawson convenience stores will be offering a similar service for New Pokemon Snap! We'll have to see if they bring this over to the international audience, betting in the US it'll either be GameStop or maybe 7-11 that would host the service.
If history repeats itself it'll be GameStop and then in a few years they too will go out of business like Blockbuster and teens and young adults in 2032 will be reminiscing on how much fun they had there when they were little.

gamestop has been slowly dragging itself to the grave for a few years now
I cant remmber the last time a gamestop had a major promotion that wasnt also at like...target.

I remember a handful of exclusive sales they had in Black Friday 2019 and 2020, but not sure what would qualify as major.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
So I'm just curious as I'm probably not going to get the game, do we have any inkling yet of where the Lental region is based on? A chain of islands suggests to me that it could possibly be the Ryukyu Islands south of Japan, but I'm not sure if there's been a map of the region released yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Surprised that Galar got a very small representation. Its the most recent generation, yet there is only 8 Pokémon, with only starters and Snom being the most popular Pokémon. The lack of Toxtricity, Dragapult, and Corviknight are surprising to say the least.
Maybe they're thinking is that since Gen 8 is the current gen and this is a side game with no connectivity that's its a good opportunity to focus a lot more on the other regions.

And who knows, maybe they could add updates which add in more Pokemon or maybe even stages.

In the modern gaming landscape I could easily see DLC happening with new areas (& thus, new pokemon) though I'll never take for granted that it'll happen.

Hmm. Kalos starters missing again. They must be annoyed greninja did so well in the popularity poll and forced it into a time-out :P.

More seriously, I feel like the selection is somewhat lacking in the one part I care about. I've only really been impressed by video game landscapes when they've been alien, and I've been hoping pokemon would bring that in since we got glimpses of it in USUM. It doesn't look that likely with the roster leaning heavily towards animal and otherwise "natural" mons. At least gen 5 is holding things up a bit.

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
[editied post] ok you’re right, i was more rude than necessary, and was just intrigued that slowpoke was excluded. I wrongfully looked for a pokemon that was lesser known than slowpoke, and went on lumineon for no reason of its own

honestly I’m not sure why i made this post, i’m really not that mad about it anymore

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)