Project Next Best Thing: USUM UU (Week 45: Jellicent - Submissions)

Darksafadao

best of the second options
And in a week with a lot of votes, PinkDragonTamer managed to get the most votes with his behemoth abusing Growth + Synthesis! Congratulations! You'll be immortalized with it in the Hall of Fame!

PinkDragonTamer - 7
DraconicLepus - 4
nameless90 - 3
JustoonSmitts - 2

------------------------------

And this week's choice is none other than the Flying and Fairy Pokémon, Togekiss! A Pokémon known for its ability to be reliable on common sets while having an arsenal good enough to surprise your opponent, which you can make use of to try to win this week. However, the following sets are blacklisted:
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog / Thunder Wave

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry / Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam / Defog
- Roost
- Trick

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Trick / Aura Sphere

Submissions are due Friday, good luck to all!

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast / Aura Sphere
- Trick

Offensive Togekiss is pretty underrated in my opinion, especially in a Mega Venusaur metagame. Air Slash in conjunction with Serene Grace and a boost from Chpice Specs is the key to this set's success. I'll edit this to give more details later. ;)

Last edited:
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere / Flamethrower
- Roost

The idea behind this set was to lure certain Steel types that would otherwise give Togekiss issues. Aura Sphere lights up Stakataka and Pre-Mega Aggron while weakening Empoleon for later. Flamethrower hits Klefki and Doublade (Rotom-C on the switch as well).

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Togekiss @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 SpA /4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Yawn/Bestow
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere/Flamethrower/Roost

Definitely a little bit more gimmicky, (it's togekiss after all!) but if your team is able to shuffle around the z-move or doesn't have a user for it, this togekiss can become an interesting double dance user. Yawn gives +1 speed which allows it to outspeed Mega Manectric and down, while also allowing togekiss to get additional setup opportunities with nasty plot by forcing switches or by virtue of putting something to sleep. Bestow allows togekiss to reach +2 speed, which allows it to outspeed even scarf latias/gengar, so it becomes blisteringly fast. Nasty plot and air slash allow it to break through a lot of teams by flinching. The last move is pretty much up for grabs depending on what you want from your togekiss. Aura Sphere/Flamethrower grant additional coverage that can help it sweep more efficiently, while roost gives togekiss more longevity, which could allow it to boost up more.

Last edited:
Bulky AV Togekiss

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam

This set is focused to make good use of the already-good natural bulk of Togekiss plus an Assault Vest to stomach hits that normally 2HKO or OHKO our belowed Fairy bird.
Serene Grace is still nice to have a good chance to drop the SpD with Shadow Ball, which is a very good way to wallbreak more effectively, and Air Slash is always a good thing to have for the flinch chance.

With 197 Spe points we have the same Spe of Primarina.

0 SpA Rotom-Wash Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Togekiss: 120-144 (38.5 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Togekiss: 237-281 (63.3 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Togekiss: 248-294 (66.3 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Togekiss: 260-308 (69.5 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Babiri Togekiss

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

The main idea of this set is to lure scizor, or at least being able to defog on it. Babiri Berry and EVs allows Togekiss to take almost any steel moves in the tier, bar +2 Z steel Cobalion and CB Stakataka. Everything else is standard, 100 EVs in speed is here to creep others support Togekiss.

+2 252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 229-271 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 144-169 (38.6 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 153-181 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Cobalion Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 180-213 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 198-234 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 312-368 (90.9 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 360-428 (128.1 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Here I come with the worst Togekiss set in history:

Will o Wisp ?

Togekiss @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift

Considering that my former set was similar to the offensive nasty plot, and almost every possible sets are already taken by the others, I had to innovate with some bad gimmick. Nothing very difficult to explain, flame orb + psycho shift is obvious for the opponent as soon as the flame orb is active, you can pressure some common Togekiss counters, like Scizor or M-Aerodactyl and prevent them to switch freely. Then, you can abuse psycho shift or just setting up with nasty plot.

(French friends, please don't vote for me
357543936979370014.png
)

Last edited:

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Focus Punch
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave / Defog / Heal Bell

Reviving one of my previous creations. Togekiss has access to Focus Punch, which when boosted by Fightinium Z, becomes a 200 BP Physical Fighting Move. Togekiss also has the ability Hustle which multiplies physical attacks by 1.5x, at the expense of reducing the accuracy of physical moves to 80% (Air Slash still has 100% accuracy). However, Z-Moves can bypass all accuracy checks, so this becomes irrelevant. What we end up with, is a monster that is capable of destroying many of its common checks and switch-ins (notably Blissey), while still functioning as a defensive wall.

216 Atk Hustle Togekiss All-Out Pummeling (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 628-740 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

216 Atk Hustle Togekiss All-Out Pummeling (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Empoleon: 384-452 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

togekiss.gif

Togekiss @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Air Slash
- Roost

Only the greatest strategy for the most disgusting mon. Basically an emergency last ditch check for any setup sweeper about to ruin your day.
Keeping Air Slash and Roost because it's still a Togekiss and 60% is enough to frighten most mons, possibly instilling a sense of...fear. No HP / Def / SpD investment so you take more damage from attacks and potentially bring it down to it's sash. 252 SpA / 252 Spe cuz duh.

468.png
468.png
468.png

Last edited:
Togekiss @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Magic Coat
- Air Slash
- Extreme Speed
- Endeavor

Aight, so looking here me and papa bi’s set (great minds think alike huh?) look pretty similar both endeavor extreme speed with focus sash, but what makes mine different is that is can be used for different roles, and isn’t really meant to be “bulky” as you want to get t down to its focus sash as fast as possible, to either 1) weaken an annoying wall 2) stop a setup sweeper/hard to switch in offensive mon or what makes mine different 3) magic coat, magic coat as most know allows you to bounce back status, hazards, taunts, a lot really which makes this togekiss a very unexpected lead that can severely weaken or kill multiple Pokémon. Will post replays if I get any below but from my testing it has worked surprisingly well.

Togekiss.jpg

Togekiss @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

This set uses Z-Tailwind as set up to provide Togekiss with a high speed stat and critical hits to let Togekiss be a late game sweeper. The speed stat hits 520 under Tailwind to outspeed Scarf Infernape and Terrakion.

Calcs
252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Venusaur-Mega on a critical hit: 236-282 (65 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape on a critical hit: 458-542 (156.3 - 184.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor on a critical hit: 672-792 (239.1 - 281.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Swampert on a critical hit: 187-222 (46.6 - 55.3%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias on a critical hit: 296-350 (98 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon on a critical hit: 808-952 (248.6 - 292.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile on a critical hit: 498-588 (150.4 - 177.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion on a critical hit: 408-480 (125.9 - 148.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Carmin

Fat & Furious
is a Tiering Contributor
Togekiss @ Firium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

As my friend Givrix tried his luck on this project, i decided to do so. So here is my Togekiss set. This can be compared to the classic set of Togekiss which allows him to wallbreak fat teams with his combo nasty plot + air slash + roost; but with idea to destroy most of his checks instead of destroying stall (with heal bell).

For the spread, i decided to play him full HP to increase its bulk :
252 SpA Manectric-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 270-318 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 270-320 (72.3 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 212-252 (56.8 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
200 SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 254-300 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Then i set enough speed to outspeed adamant metagross, and kill all sets of this mon after one nasty plot thanks to the rest of the EVs, set in SpA with a modest nature :
+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 476-560 (158.1 - 186%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 376-444 (103.2 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(note that band metagross is just OHKO by z fire without boosts).

+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manectric-Mega: 262-309 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO Togekiss can eat the thunderbolt as you've seen before, and has great chances to kill it with a boost.
+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Aggron-Mega: 456-537 (132.9 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO Togekiss can kill even max spedef Aggron with +2 Z move, or just kill it with one flinch air slash + fire blast (always with the boost)
+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Aggron-Mega: 93-109 (27.1 - 31.7%) + +2 84+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Aggron-Mega: 271-321 (79 - 93.5%)
84+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 448-528 (130.6 - 153.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO No Scizor can eat it.
84+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO Even Cobalion is barely a check with a good predict (Cobalion also dies from a 0boost Z Move)
+2 84+ SpA Togekiss Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 400-471 (98.7 - 116.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO As you've seen before, togekiss can take an ice beam from the sub roost set, and kill it with a boosted Z move.

This Togekiss is still countered by poison types as Tentacruel (or nidoking on revenge kill) and Rock types as Rhyperior or M-Aerodactyl; but these threats can be easily handled with a good teambuilding.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Togekiss @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

I’m not the original creator of the set, but it’s a really great way to get through some of togekiss’ traditional checks and counters. Most relevantly, z-water pulse allows you to lure and kill rotom-h, rhyperior, hippo, mega-aero, as well as other fire types like chandelure that might try and revenge.

While you could run roost / Defog / heal bell over aura sphere, running AS allows you to be a huge offensive threat that can offensively hit most of the tier.

This set would be especially good in a team that benefits from rotom-h and / or m-aero being lured — anything with flying spam or a Scizor would benefit greatly from this set being included.

deseo

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

utility wish support for fat balance-stall teams.

0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Togekiss: 128-152 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- 43.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Togekiss: 254-300 (67.9 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Damn, folks. Despite having five blacklisted sets, y'all managed to pull through and far exceed my expectations. Like, seriously. TWELVE submissions. This is more than I've ever gotten in any week of any of my projects thus far. So, without further ado, let's get to deciding which of these many, many sets is the Next Best Thing!

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast / Aura Sphere
- Trick

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere / Flamethrower
- Roost

Togekiss @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
-Yawn/Bestow
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere / Flamethrower / Roost

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Focus Punch
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave / Defog / Heal Bell

Togekiss @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Air Slash
- Roost

Togekiss @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Magic Coat
- Air Slash
- Extreme Speed
- Endeavor

Togekiss @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss @ Firium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Togekiss @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Because of the absolutely massive volume of submissions this week (for real, thank you all so much) we are allowing for you to vote for two sets this week! Voting's due by Sunday, and may the best set win!

I have a definite favorite out of these but I'll hold my vote until Sunday to be fair to all participants n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)