Project Next Best Thing: USUM UU (Week 45: Jellicent - Submissions)

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Grats to Accelgor for winning this week!

On phone so not posting a full count

-----------------

This week we're going with a double: Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Mow! Their movepool is shallow but their potential sure isn't, and we've already got some nice ideas in circulation in the community.

The following sets are banned:
Standard Offensive Grassium Z or Iapapa Berry Rotom-Mow

Standard Bulky Iapapa Berry/Leftovers Rotom-Heat

Offensive Firium Z Rotom-Heat

Choice items for both

Z-Dream Eater Mowtom bc I spam the hell out of that

Get your submissions in by Friday, thanks

Last edited:
rotom-mow.gif

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog / Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp

This set aims to lure in Hydra mainly but it is also able to lure in Latias and Celebi off the top of my head, as well as doing a sizeable chunk to other things. All of these threats fear nothing from Rotom-Mow other than a potential Toxic which isn't too common on this Mon anyways.
252 SpA Rotom-Mow Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 286-338 (88 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Rotom-Mow Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 210-248 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Rotom-Mow Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 524-620 (153.6 - 181.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hey guys! I'm back with another NBT, and since TWILIGHT over here decided to sorta steal my idea, I'm going to be a thief! (get it xP)

1545703461707.png

Chop Chop (Rotom-Mow) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thief
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

This sneaky little rotom will use its amazing VoltTurn capabilities to shock the opponents (my puns are amazing) with its above-average speed and bulk. Obviously even without the use of thief to steal away your attention (ok im going to stop now), Rotom can still deal with common threats such as Mega Aero, Alomomomomomomla, and many other mons. This pokemon's primary job is to bait-out choice users such as Latias, Hydra, and Infernape, have the opponent's knock rotom down to its sash, then have Rotom steal their scarf from right under their noses! Obvioulsly, scarf Rotom is a thing, and something your opponent wouldn't expect after you switching moves previously! Therefore, you have potentially crippled the opponent's highest speed user, allowing things like Mega Beedrill (this is voltturn) to easily outspeed your opponent's entire team as well as making Rotom a huge offensive threat, even being at 1 HP (if there are no rocks up or priority, of course)

I hope you also enjoy stealing a W right under your opponent's noses! They'll be so shocked they'll lose the battle!!!(im not sorry) THANKS FOR READING

Last edited:
Gonna mow down the opposition with that set. Better chop chop before it becomes meta. I'll be whipping up a storm with that on ladder. Although i shouldn't be too hasty or i won't have the proper support for it. (Sorry, i'll leaf this thread alone now).

Also..

Rotom-Heat @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray/Overheat

A nice fat physical wall with parafuse to hit any would be bulky sweeper. Nice paired with wish support to continue switching in to physical hits. Rocky helmet is just there to punish predicted attacks. A last ditch roadblock that can also be a switchin to physicals. Pain split is nice for recovery and overheat is if it's your scizor check/for any other grasses.

Against kommo-o you can para first turn and if they z move you (i think?) are faster and can pain split. (Correct me if i'm wrong cus calc doesn't tell me). Hydra also really doesn't like being paralyzed and can be revenged easily .(Also destroys terrak with hax). The other swords of justice can't do anything to rotom anyways.

Z-Dream Eater Mowtom bc I spam the hell out of that

First of all, huge shoutout to Jacobikko who introduced this set of Rotom-Heat : Fairium Z Rotom-Heat !

Rotom-Heat @ Fairium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 20 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Pain Split / Defog / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Disarming Voice

I've been using this set of Rotom-Heat quite a lot on the Ladder and it's definitively a really nice set of it. Fairium Z paired with Disarming Voice allow Rotom-Heat to OHKO Mixed Kommo-o and Hydreigon without Stealth Rocks damages. Since both of them are common Switch-in to Rotom-Heat, it's pretty dope to catch them so easily. This Rotom-Heat is a really good teammate for Pokemon like Slowbro(-Mega) or Bisharp which love the fact that Rotom-Heat can remove Kommo-o / Hydreigon for them.

AV Rotom-Cut

Rotom-Mow @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- HP Ice

Assault Vest allows Rotom-Cut to make good use of the set of resistances provided by its typing; considering that you don't have reliable recovery, it shouldn't be a problem to give up the status moves such as WoW and Pain Split.
With the AV we can scout even some supereffective special moves with a little more ease and to emergency check a special attacker (at low hp) that needs to be revenge killed.

I chose this spread in order to accomplish this feature:
252 SpA Nihilego Sludge Wave vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Rotom-Mow: 194-230 (73.7 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
1545775612766.png

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

Swagplay Rotom-H, gets subs up vs. common fat grounds like M-Steelix, Gligar, Hippo as well as steels like Scizor and M-Aggron, cripples dragons which are common switch-ins like Latias, Hydreigon, Kommo-o with Thunder Wave, so not bad team support either. T-Wave + Confuse can help you get up free subs, and Foul Play w/ Swagger can help break lots of its common checks. Generally just annoying mon and still holds its place in checking Scizor and Mamoswine defensively.

Rotom-Heat @ Assault Vest
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Honestly got the idea of this set from nameless90 but changed it up a little. Av on heattom makes it where it can eat more specially based hits. That's pretty much it, while it could still be a scizor/mamo check. AV also makes it able to switchin onto potential air slashes from Togekiss better. The spread is to make sure it creeps base 80. The flaw of it is that it's weak to rocks and that it doesnt get to run it's popular berry set.

feel like these sets kinda tryin too hard ngl so imma keep it simple
lmk if too standard or w/e and ill think of some other

rotom-heat.png

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers/Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

so like i said pre standard stabs
tox bc grounds
twave to hit dragons mentioned in other posts, lati, hydra, kommo-o etc without having to commit to a z on the switch or anythin like that
idk ig if u wanna fully commit u replace overheat with wisp for triple status right
requires hazardremovalsupporttm

happy christmas merry new year

Darksafadao

best of the second options
Voting stage:

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog / Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp

Chop Chop (Rotom-Mow) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thief
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Heat @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray/Overheat

Rotom-Heat @ Fairium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 20 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Pain Split / Defog / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Disarming Voice

Rotom-Mow @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- HP Ice

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Heat @ Assault Vest
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers/Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Voting is due to Sunday. Good luck to everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)