Tournament NFE Classic Playoffs/Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the first ever NFE Classic, this tour will focus on the metagame of NFE in the previous generations of Pokemon. Players will compete in separate cups for SM, ORAS, BW, and DPP, fighting for a shot of the grand finals, where NFE players will put their old gens knowledge to the test for the crown of NFE Classic.

This thread will showcase the finals round for the top 8 contestants for the NFE Classic. Points can be seen on this sheet.

A note of transparency: crazystevy has left the tournament, so his number 1 seed will be given to the next down

Round 1
(1) Tack :] vs (8) Ho3nConfirm3d
(4) Quagg vs (5) King Leo V
(3) -Voltage- vs (6) ayedan
(2) Monsareeasy vs (7) Drud

Top seed picks first meta, afterwards loser counterpicks to play all 4. You cannot revisit a meta once it has been played. In the case of game 5, players will agree to last pick, if not loser of g4 will pick last.
best of 5 series
Deadline is Wednesday April 15th, best of luck finalists!

E: some concerns about format were made due to lack of specification on forum, that has been edited.​

Last edited:
hi i know nothing about oldgens but im doing predicts!!! whos excited?!!!

ok before i start let me clarify im doing these predicts for fun! i dont know that much about oldgens outside of bw and sm so dont take anything i say seriously. now that thats out of the way lets get into the FIRE predicts

(1) Tack :] (70) vs (8) Ho3nConfirm3d (30) - ah top seed vs bottom seed, ho3n is a fucking trooper and i wouldnt be too surprised if he pulled the W out of the bag but the odds arent likely. Ho3n is obviously an amazing player and even better builder but i think due to his lack of experience in oldgens as opposed to tacks large experience across all oldgens, its gotta be tack. also the fact sans and tack will probably be preparing for this together since they do quite literally everything together makes it even harder for ho3n to win this.

(4) Quagg (60) vs (5) King Leo V (40) - ooooh boy this mu is very sexy. both sm cup finalists, both extremely competent and experienced players and both been fairly quiet as far as tours go throughout ss. this mu is super difficult since leo gets sm as seen in the finals but i feel quags dominates in all other oldgens since leo doesnt play anything other than sm and maybe a tiny bit of ss. i feel like this ones tight but quags edge leo out purely because of his experience in dpp and oras.

(3) -Voltage- (60) vs (40) ayedan - this one is probably the hardest out of all of them, mostly because i feel like i havent seen enough of both of this players. voltage of course had an amazing run in the bw cup and did generally pretty good across all oldgens, while ayedan also did decently in bw and was able to get points across the board. personally i think voltage just about gets the win here purely because of his great preformances in bw and sm but i definitely think ayedan can get this W as well.

(2) Monsareeasy (35) vs (75) Drud (65) - this one is pretty interesting actually because arctic is really good at one oldgen specifically being oras while drud seems competent across the board. since higher seed picks first tier oras would be first pick meaning the series would most likely start with 1-0 to arctic but idk if arctic can beat drud at every other tier. especially when drud has support from tack. drud also has farrr more experience with oldgens in general than arctic and id say hes the better player overall but i think arctic still has a chance with sm and definitely oras.

good luck to everyone playing and i hope everyones having a good time in quarantine :psyduck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)