Other Metagames NFE - In The City

IN THE CITY

:charjabug::piloswine::togetic::hattrem::gurdurr::raboot:
(click for the importable)

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever rate my team NFE edition! This time around I will be sharing with you all a Sticky Webs centered team built around Nasty Plot Togetic and Flame Orb Gurdurr. In light of making this post, I am also celebrating my 500th post on Smogon dot com which might not seem like a lot to many established users but it is a big number nonetheless. NFE also doesn't get many RMT so this is the perfect way to give the tier a shinier light.
NFE is quite diverse in where many archetypes are viable but the most used ones are BO and Offense, the latter usually being focused around weather teams like sun or priority abusers like Pikachu and Thwackey. Today we're sharing an archetype that hasn't really been used a lot throughout OM WC and so hopefully this inspires others to diversify themselves when building for the tier. The original thought behind the team was to use Nasty Plot Togetic as it is one of my favourite set up wallbreaker in the tier, but also I wanted to utilise some Pokémon who were seen using just one set like Gurdurr and Hattrem who are much bigger than just walls.

The Team

:eviolite:
Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web
- Skitter Smack
- Toxic

Starting off with the best Sticky Web setter in the tier, Charjabug is the centerpiece of this team due to it being the only Sticky Web setter, but like any good sticky web team, this one can still win games without it. Charjabug provides the team with slow pivoting through Volt Switch and physical bulk to switch into the likes of Gurdurr, Pikachu, and Thwackey to pivot out onto a better check. Sticky Web is essential for this team to work in the most optimal way as it allows every partner to outspeed their checks. Skitter Smack lowers the special attack of annoying switch-ins like Hattrem and hit on other leads like Krokorok who can aggravate us through Taunt. As last move I have chosen Toxic just for the capability to wear down a wall I don't particularly like facing, Corsola-Galar mainly but Toxic also offers support against other walls like Marsthomp, Piloswine and Tangela. The option of Thunder Wave can also be considered to slow down opposing walls however I didn't feel like Charjabug provided good switch ins for it to really work.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic

Piloswine functions as our offensive Stealth Rock setter as well as our Psychic-type and Pikachu switch in for the team to not get overwhelmed. High Horsepower hits switch-ins like Gurdurr and Hattrem while covering Electric-types in Electabuzz and Pikachu. Icicle Spear is to break Focus Sash Kadabra as well as hitting Flying-types like Golbat and Rufflet. Toxic just like with Charjabug, remains useful on this team as it does struggle a little against Tangela and Corsola Galar and so needs the extra chipping down for teammates to get through while carrying their sweeping abilities.On top of this I've given it a little bit of Speed chip to outspeed Hattrem since most are around 137/138spe, feel free to higher it if you deem necessary.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Togetic was the main Pokemon I wanted to use this team with just because of how good its wall-breaking abilities are and how underrated it is to the eyes of many. Togetic has a really good bulk just by carrying Eviolite letting it set up one or two Nasty Plot with ease and then recovering your lost health with Draining Kiss. Flamethrower lets you hit its most reliant switch-ins in Ferroseed and Klang who can use status in Toxic to break your sweep or just wear you down with their Steel-stab, they usually can take on one Flamethrower so they do require a bit of chip beforehand. Psychic is a good coverage that allows you to get through walls like Golbat and Mareanie. Full Spe enables Togetic to outspeed a good range of threats on webs like Adamant Raboot, Modest Magmar, Thwackey, Morgrem, and more.

Hattrem @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Giga Drain
- Healing Wish

Hattrem functions as our hazard preventer and support in Healing Wish by giving a Pokemon on the team another chance at sweeping. Psychic is its best stab to keep the pressure against Defog Gurdurr, Koffing, and Mareanie. Mystical Fire is used to prevent Ferroseed from setting entry hazards, Mystical Fire also allows Hattrem to better threaten Tangela and weaken the foe's Special Attack for Togetic or Gurdurr to better tank opposing hits. Giga Drain provides longevity and allows Hattrem to pressure Marshtomp and Piloswine. This Hattrem is quite Speedy going up to 190spe to reliably outspeed Fighting-types and a good portion of the metagame such as Tangela, Lairon, SUB BU Rufflet and many more.

:flame orb:
Gurdurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Gurdurr is my second preferred wall-breaker by being a great offensive presence and not letting a lot of threats switch in bar Golbat and Tangela which neither like to be knocked out of their Eviolite, I will also add that nowadays a lot of Tangela don't run enough Speed or Defense to properly handle it. Gurdurr is a really good wall-breaker and just gets his way on BO and balance, Facade hits the entire tier while Drain Punch and Knock Off can cover the few Pokemon that resist or are immune to it. Mach Punch provides priority as even with Sticky Webs up the team isn't very fast and is outsped by Galarian Mime and Kadabra.

:heavy-duty boots:
Raboot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Raboot functions as the main revenge killer of the team as it has a high Speed and can easily pick up from its partners. Sucker Punch and U-turn are the main appeals to abuse on faster threats like Electabuzz, Kadabra, and Galarian Mime, while U-turn imposes itself against bulkier cores and provides a safe switch in for Gurdurr or Togetic. Heavy Duty Boots allow Raboot to disregard entry hazards and remain reliable through the entirety of the game.

Checks and Counters:
There certainly are more than I will be naming but just a little overview of what I have come accross;

:raboot: :electabuzz: :magmar: :heavy-duty boots:
While there is counter play and these Pokémon can easily be dealt with by members of this team, their inability to be slowed down by Sticky Webs does make the match up harder and can realiably come in and pick up on momentum and should be played against thoroughly.

:golbat: :hattrem: :gurdurr: :wartortle:
Like I said previously this team can generally do well even without Sticky Webs on the field but it is centered around it and does need it to be on for the game to be better ensured and so hazard removers or preventers like Golbat, Wartortle and Gurdurr are annoying to play around, furthermore this team does struggle a little against Nuzzle Hattrem as it can completely block our wallbreakers from being efficient.

:pikachu: :thwackey:
Offensive teams based around priority can hurt us as well as they're not very susceptible to Sticky Webs and can manage to wallbreak regardless of it, so keeping Charjabug, Togetic and Raboot healthy against these match ups are very much needed.

Collection of me winning games:

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 01.06.11.pngScreenshot 2021-01-18 at 01.06.40.pngScreenshot 2021-01-18 at 01.04.11.png
Shoutouts:
All the of the NFE and Morgrems Gang + few others who make my time here really enjoyable
not in order after Jett
Jett Catalystic Skysolo xavgb Tuthur ojr Fille Gmansour20 Greybaum Laevin MAMP raf Rav3ndan againa Lasen professor tox Shing'n Streets Thimo Ho3nConfirm3d Felucia Hys Quagg OranBerryBlissey10 King Leo V 85percent CrazyStevy Miyami~~~ Brandon dibs PTF TheCoastsOfToast vivalospride Mindnight keppy Specs In The Hills MrJelli
+ everyone else, thank you for being a part of this site I like u all a bunch

thank you all for reading and feel free to leave your suggestions down below hopefully, I didn't do too badly on this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)