NFE ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, why not have a NFE ladder? This would be ver good, and fun....those would be very tactical strategys.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NFE is not a properly defined metagame. If we added anything, I would add LC since it has actually been defined.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A NFE metagame has, from what I've seen, very little support as a metagame. It is also extremely arbitrary competitively with the current system of treating FE Pokemon and NFE Pokemon on equal footing when tiering them. NU is a direct extension of the Lv. 100 metagames, LC is based directly on a nintendo ruleset, and even randbats at least have a decent number of people who want to play them. If you want to play a pure NFE metagame nothing's stopping you from messing about and developing your own little game, but don't expect it to be put on a Smogon ladder.

I think a tier system that could include EVERY SINGLE POKEMON in the game would be cool; it would provide lots of opportunity for fun and versatility. How's this:

1) Uber
2) OU
3) BL
4) UU
5) NU
6) Rookie Uber (e.g. Meditite, Murkrow, etc)
7) Rookie OU
8) Rookie BL
9) Rookie UU
10) Rookie NU (e.g. Caterpie, Weedle, Magikarp, Sunkern and other poor Pokémon)

I'm calling it "Rookie" instead of little cup, because it'll be more flexible in adding evolved Pokémon to shine as well.
What do you think? Please be positive!

If you want an NFE ladder, or any other ladder, set up your own Shoddy server and do it.

I have previously suggested the idea of taking usage-based tiering right to the bottom, as it were. There would certainly be tiers below the current NU, especially if all Pokemon including NFEs were tiered. (With about 50 Pokemon per tier, you're looking at nine or ten tiers). The main problem is with too many tiers there could end up being too little interest in most of them. As it is anything other than OU doesn't get played anything like as much.

I would love to see a NFE ladder somewhere. Even if it isn't smogon. The only problem is that it won't get as much interest without smogon backing it. NFE has slowly been picking up interest as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)