NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The virtual draft is starting now and it took less than ten minutes to start jerking off the league's military sponsors.

Welcome to the world of chaos folks who knows what's going to happen this season if this season even ends up happening at all. POST YOUR PIPING HOT TAKES HERE.

Reminder that the Patriots traded a 2nd round pick for Sanu in the year with the deepest receiver draft ever.

And just traded to recoup that lost draft capital.

Fuck I put my hot take in the wrong thread. Let's just say that after watching some videos of Love I'm ecstatic that GB traded UP to take his sorry ass. I thought the Jags, Falcons and Raiders all reached for their respective CBs but what the packers pulled off assures me they have no idea what they're doing lmao. Fuck I was dying of laughter when that pick came across.
The strange run on CB makes me feel really good taking Okudah at 3. Clearly the secondary is of increasing value across the league.

Edit: fuck ravens got value with Queen at 28. Was hoping hed fall to us in the 2nd

The Patriots ignore the WR position for the 1000th time in the best receiver draft ever.

Its amazing that people think they can get more than 6 wins this season when none of their skill players would even start for the Cincinnati Bengals.

I love the Colts drafting Jacob Eason in the 4th. Good value and he has potential to be a franchise QB after sitting for a little bit behind Rivers. Does this mean Jacoby Brissett is on the trading block?

Pats had an ok draft, love the defensive picks.

Panthers had a nice draft too, their DLine is looking pretty loaded. AFC West looking like it’s going to have some shootouts with almost all those teams loading up on skill position players. Like the Cowboys getting Lamb. Kind of funny both the Vikings and 49ers used their acquired firsts to grab replacements for the players they traded away.

Niners got a WR, I'm happy with whatever happened this draft. Easy as that.

Also, why in the world did the Packers not go for a WR, I'm not complaining or anything, but why?

It's funny to me that the Lions fave taken some flak for picking Swift near the top of the 2nd. Ok fine but the Chiefs used their first on a much lower rated rb lolwtf. The biggest concern about D'Andre Swift was his durability. He never really showed an ability to be a bell cow back at Georgia, but the Lions are the perfect landing spot for him because we already have Kerryon Johnson who has also revealed himself incapable of staying healthy for an entire season. Both backs are ludicrously talented but unproven health wise so it would seem that pairing them together as a committee is the best way to mitigate the problem. Sure it's a bitch and a half for fantasy, but I don't think the Lion's FO cares about that lol. I've just seen too many comments on reddit screaming about how taking a RB in the second is bad value, tell that to the Patriots who drafted rbs in the 1st and 2nd in consecutive years lol.

This criticism pales in comparison to the talking heads and draft-nicks bitching about the Lions not trading down out of #3. Well I got news, neither the Chargers, Dolphins or Panthers were willing to make a decent offer. Supposedly miami tried to nickle and dime us for their two late 1sts, a 3rd and a 1st next season to move up to #3 AND STILL HAVE #5, like how greedy can a mfer be? It's too bad the jags didn't go crazy and trade up with NY to take Tua and fuck over the phins. This was the absolute worst year to try and trade in the top of the first round without medical checks, legitimate pro days, etc. for teams to thoroughly scout the players. This pandemic can fuck right off /rant

This criticism pales in comparison to the talking heads and draft-nicks bitching about the Lions not trading down out of #3. Well I got news, neither the Chargers, Dolphins or Panthers were willing to make a decent offer. Supposedly miami tried to nickle and dime us for their two late 1sts, a 3rd and a 1st next season to move up to #3 AND STILL HAVE #5, like how greedy can a mfer be? It's too bad the jags didn't go crazy and trade up with NY to take Tua and fuck over the phins. This was the absolute worst year to try and trade in the top of the first round without medical checks, legitimate pro days, etc. for teams to thoroughly scout the players. This pandemic can fuck right off /rant
Per walterfootball, teams wanted to trade more in the top part of the first round but technical issues made it more difficult. Nothing like an outage, but I don’t think teams were settled into the timing of the whole thing. 49ers also wanted to move back a second time iirc, and the Browns also wanted to move back and the Falcons wanted to move up. Granted now all of those would’ve happened, but there’s a lot more of teams wanting to make a move but not finding a partner.

Lot of it depends on Drew Lock. I see them having one of the more complete teams in the league. Last time I said that to anyone was about the 49ers about this time last year, and we all know how that ended up. Idk if that was just me being a 49ers fan or whatever, but I still feel like the Broncos can get a Wild Card spot and give teams like the Titans and Bills a run for their money.

We'll have to wait and see if their tackles are Browns level bad or not. They shored up the interior of the line but if Lock is getting destroyed by DE's then it'll be a rough season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)