NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Vintage Dallas, getting hosed by the refs as always. Only popular team in sports that seems to get hurt by the officiating more than they get helped. Fuck Jalen "James Harden" Ramsey's flopping bitch ass.

also grats to the Football Team for their first victory

Denver’s probably going to be wrapped up in a huge rat race for a wild card spot, likely with at least Pittsburgh and New England. The AFC South is looking laughably bad this year, the Chargers don’t look super poised to make an improvement over the last year, and the Raiders are the Raiders.

Anything can happen though. The lack of a preseason can end up being indirectly responsible for some injuries on guys who haven’t had the chance to get fully warmed up and back in shape, and those will all likely happen between weeks 2 and 4.

Vintage Dallas, getting hosed by the refs as always. Only popular team in sports that seems to get hurt by the officiating more than they get helped. Fuck Jalen "James Harden" Ramsey's flopping bitch ass.
Every New Orleans Saints and Toronto Raptors fan in the room would like a word with you on that one.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Friendly reminder that Tom Brady has now thrown a pick 6 in back to back games
3 games in a row actually. Only other guys to do it are Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schaub and Matt Schaub. Fun fact: Matt Schaub has made 13 million dollars in the NFL since his second streak.

Tom Brady leaving was so fucking good for the Pats offense. I am so looking forward to what happens in Seattle next week. I don't even care if we get blown out I just want to watch this whole thing it's so exciting. Watching Brady misread coverages and throw behind on a cross field outlet for a pick 6 is just gravy.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bleh, I have to actually root for the Stoolers.

Every New Orleans Saints and Toronto Raptors fan in the room would like a word with you on that one.
The Saints thing is a one-off mistake and the Raptors are not only *not* especially popular but they're the current defending champions??? :smogthink:

Reminder: Dez caught it.

also grats to the Football Team for their first victory
Reminder: Dez caught it.
Maybe if the Cowboys played better defense than they wouldn't be in that position. Also, they're the NFL's annual disappointment which is nothing new. I just wish my Colts wouldn't have lost to the goddamn Jaguars :fukyu:

3 games in a row actually. Only other guys to do it are Blaine Gabbert, Matt Schaub and Matt Schaub. Fun fact: Matt Schaub has made 13 million dollars in the NFL since his second streak.

Tom Brady leaving was so fucking good for the Pats offense. I am so looking forward to what happens in Seattle next week. I don't even care if we get blown out I just want to watch this whole thing it's so exciting. Watching Brady misread coverages and throw behind on a cross field outlet for a pick 6 is just gravy.
Should probably save opinions about the Patriots and Buccaneers for a few weeks given that the Buccaneers played the toughest game on their entire schedule and the Patriots play the what was probably the easiest.

The Patriots will have to throw the ball eventually (this sunday) and their receivers and tight ends are still the league's worst.

People have been digging graves for Brady after week 1 performances for about 7 consecutive years and they've been wrong pretty much every year.

Last edited:
Should probably save opinions about the Patriots and Buccaneers for a few weeks given that the Buccaneers played the toughest game on their entire schedule and the Patriots play the what was probably the easiest.

The Patriots will have to throw the ball eventually (this sunday) and their receivers and tight ends are still the league's worst.

People have been digging graves for Brady after week 1 performances for about 7 consecutive years and they've been wrong pretty much every year.
This lover's quarrel is entertaining

TheValkyries

It's okay, Pretzels and I have long disagreed about this as he is clinging to opinions that save Brady from being criticized as he ages.

TheValkyries

Whoops double post but:

1600219998106.png

imagine if the patriots got him. All the collective groans of every Patriots hater hearing the news would sustain me for at least a decade.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
the Dallas Cowboys:

Personally, I've also ran dozens if not hundreds of players through PFF not to mention posted multiple online roster critiques elsewhere before. I'm not tooting my own horn extolling my virtues, I'm being as absolutely objective as one can possibly be with regard to this stuff: My players rate well according to others, we have offensive weapons in a wide variety of positions, my offense and defense are better than average, and so on. There is just no logic to my sheer unsuccess.

the Dallas Cowboys:

Personally, I've also ran dozens if not hundreds of players through PFF not to mention posted multiple online roster critiques elsewhere before. I'm not tooting my own horn extolling my virtues, I'm being as absolutely objective as one can possibly be with regard to this stuff: My players rate well according to others, we have offensive weapons in a wide variety of positions, my offense and defense are better than average, and so on. There is just no logic to my sheer unsuccess.
r592527_1296x729_16-9.jpg

10 years of this man doesn't help

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
the Dallas Cowboys:

I'm a PFF subscriber and their numbers don't capture everything. Especially with defensive backs, their grades strongly prop up nickel and dime corners and penalise #1 corners (because they don't take into account the difficulty of their matchups).

TheValkyries

PFF used to be a lot better but their overall quality has gone down the pooper lately imo. They were never that good for QB analysis and I’m starting to trust their off ball analysis less and less.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
i mean my post was just using mr.e copypasta, didnt really have a pff take, but i do think both your criticisms of it are p valid.

hope joe wins tonight. is it sacrilegious to suggest justin fields might be better than trevor lawrence? ive just cursed the jets with the bust of the two by saying this.

Fields is a better dual-threat presence, which is more splashable in today's game. Lawrence is best as a pocket passer, so the number of teams that can use him effectively are limited. Mayfield and Darnold are on the chopping block this season, so those two teams may end up taking QBs (probably Fields over Lawrence). If Colts tank, they would be the best option for Trevor Lawrence, though Browns' O-line didn't look too bad in Week 1 (Baker just stinks). Outside of that, I can't think of any other teams that may need a R1 QB draft. Even though it's Week 1, I think the most reasonable QB draft would be:

Pick 1: Justin Fields to Jets
Pick 3-4: Trevor Lawrence to Browns
Pick 6-10: Sam Ehlinger/Trey Lance to Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)