NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
leftoids: we need to appreciate the added dimensions mobile quarterbacks bring to both modern passing and running attacks and stop trying to fit unique talents into the mold of stereotypical pocket passers weve seen before.
saints coach sean payton: [plays taysom hill]
leftoids: noooooo not like that!!!!!!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I think about how often black QB's were called not good pocket passers when in reality they're really good at pocket passing they just are also good at running.

Really what people mean by pocket passers were people so immobile they had to stay in the pocket at all times or else they'd be sacked.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
This is the perfect get-right game for the Baltimore offense. It would be more than concerning if Lamar is not able to run on these abysmal Philly linebackers.

This is the perfect get-right game for the Baltimore offense. It would be more than concerning if Lamar is not able to run on these abysmal Philly linebackers.
In all fairness, wasn't that the narrative against Los Bungles as well? We can admit the Ravens offense has expectedly regressed this year and that's okay. Because the defense is stalwart again and I think that gives us a better chance in the playoffs as well

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
In all fairness, wasn't that the narrative against Los Bungles as well? We can admit the Ravens offense has expectedly regressed this year and that's okay. Because the defense is stalwart again and I think that gives us a better chance in the playoffs as well
Yeah, you aren't wrong. I am willing to cut Lamar some slack, since he missed two practices for his knee and apparently was dealing with an illness. It has been obvious for a few weeks now that this is not last year's team, but I still expect a lot more than what I have seen from a reigning MVP. The defense can be as great as it wants, but good offense beats good defense. The offense needs to figure themselves out.

How about these Raiders? That's not my team but I was expecting them to be about on par with last season but they now have two wins against playoff contenders, one being the super bowl defending champion. Derek Carr is back in 2016 form it looks like and maybe the 10 year contract Jon Gruden got isn't so terrible after all. They have the Bucs next week and if they win that they'll definitely cement themselves as a team that could win a game or two come playoffs.

who are these guys and what have they done with my terrible football team?

e: it's ok they're back, false alarm

Last edited:
Saw Baker got benched but it turned out to be just injury. Was confused for a sec because even though I'm not a browns fan I knew he was having an at least OK season.

Weekly reminder that Brady should still be the Patriots QB and Belichick screwed him over with the offensive personnel. And Belichick's plan was to let Brady go for absolutely no reason and replace him with Stidham and Hoyer, before Cam fell into his lap.

Now Patriots fans are unfairly blaming Cam for playing just as bad/worse with the same shit Brady had to deal with last season.

Belichick's offensive personnel choices for the last 3 seasons are the worst of any NFL teams save the New York Jets and nobody wants to talk about it for some reason.

To prove my point, Rob Gronkowski had more yards in this demolition of the Packers than every patriots TE combined FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Well a win is a win. Lamar looked a lot better this week, so that was encouraging. Game was WAY closer than it needed to be, and the 130+ penalty yardage certainly contributed to that. I am glad the bye is next week, a better all around performance will be needed to beat the Steelers.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Am I spoilt or am I within reason for being mad after a Ravens win?
It's hard to complain about being 5-1. Hell, this is a better start to the season than last year, but man.... it is ugly. Like I mentioned above, thank goodness we have our bye before Steelers' week.

Tom Brady leaving the team with the NFL's best defense in 2019 then going to the team with the NFL's best defense in 2020 is ___________

Didn't Mahomes put up like 300 yards in the first half against the Ravens?

If you said the Steelers had a better defense than the Bucs you'd have a point/argument

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Didn't Mahomes put up like 300 yards in the first half against the Ravens?

If you said the Steelers had a better defense than the Bucs you'd have a point/argument
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2020

I think based on the eye-test as well as statistics, the Bucs have had the best defense so far this year. Although I disagree with the notion that the Baltimore D is better, I do think it is top 5 at the very least, despite the Chiefs game. We all know that good offense will typically beat good defense (as shown in last year's super bowl), so I do think it is a matter of time before the Bucs D suffers a fate similar to that of the Ravens on MNF.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LOL at telling me I don't have an argument when I provided a hard stat to back my claim

But okay, you're right, my bad

1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Bucs
One hard stat vs a litany of other stats that say you're incorrect. Ravens are a top 5 defense, maybe even a top 3. #1? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)