NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y’all think that if the Steelers beat the Ravens (which looks somewhat likely atm), there’s going to be real talk of an undefeated season?

Cam needs alot more credit than hes been getting.

Outside of his 2 post Covid games hes been good on a team with terrible weapons.

I think the Patriots need to draft a QB next year (hello Zach Wilson) but they should be open to bringing him back next yr.

Cam needs alot more credit than hes been getting.

Outside of his 2 post Covid games hes been good on a team with terrible weapons.

I think the Patriots need to draft a QB next year (hello Zach Wilson) but they should be open to bringing him back next yr.
It's pretty obvious that Cam isn't the problem. As much as BB says that he's building an offense to highlight Cam's strengths as a QB, that's clearly not what he's been doing. Outside of J. C. Jackson (go Terps!), everyone else looks very, very mediocre. It's also very obvious that Jarret Stidham is not the Patriots' QB of the future.

I mean, though, he's a good coach, but the team this year. This team almost lost to the jets, for goodness sake...

I don't think he's such a good coach when Brady is gone. Cam isn't playing horribly. Brady regressed a lot in the 2019 season.

Just they don't have a good offense. And they have a horrible pass defense this year.

I don't think he's such a good coach when Brady is gone. Cam isn't playing horribly. Brady regressed a lot in the 2019 season.

Just they don't have a good offense. And they have a horrible pass defense this year.
1 bad year in 20 years after just pimp slapping the reigning MVP and being like what 2-3 games off his division with a new QB lol

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
God what a clusterfuck of a situation. I guess the game will be rescheduled? I get that Steelers' fan feel snubbed, but I don't think the fact that the Niners had to play Green Bay a few weeks ago is an apt comparison. So we shall see what the NFL decides to do.

God what a clusterfuck of a situation. I guess the game will be rescheduled? I get that Steelers' fan feel snubbed, but I don't think the fact that the Niners had to play Green Bay a few weeks ago is an apt comparison. So we shall see what the NFL decides to do.
give us a free win you big babies

IMO Ravens should just forfeit this game. There's not enough time between Week 17 and the playoffs to *try* and squeeze a game in.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
IMO Ravens should just forfeit this game. There's not enough time between Week 17 and the playoffs to *try* and squeeze a game in.
As a Ravens fan I am obviously biased, but I see the argument for forfeiting. I just think it probably won't happen.

Forfeit is the very last option, only when the Earth is about to get hit by a meteor. No game means no game checks. NFLPA ain't gonna like that. Also, no game means no sweet TV checks for the league and owners themselves. It'll happen Monday/Tuesday or get pushed to the end of the season (that's what they prepped for in the offseason anyway). They want these games to happen no matter what.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My take on the Pats defensively is that it usually take them time to go from "complete garbage" to "top 5 in da lee" -- that's where the Belichick coaching magic happens -- but because of the whole COVID mess leading to a lack of an offseason and practice, it's taking them longer than the usual 4-6 weeks to ramp up. Too late for them now, though, they're screwed.

Can't wait to see the Broncos play their 3rd string RB under center.
There's no better time than now to bring back the triple option.

EDIT: Actually, if you think about it, Denver could feasibly pull this off. You have an RB under center and two extremely good RBs in Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay. Now I really want this to happen.

Can't wait to see the Broncos play their 3rd string RB under center.
Wait aren't they starting a WR from their practice squad as their QB?

Also, I'm faced with more fantasy troubles this week. I'm starting Justin Herbert, Tyler Lockett, and Dalvin Cook. I'm debating between Jordan Reed and Gronk as TE. The problem though is that I play in a 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 W/R league with 12 people in it...

So I have 1 WR, 1 RB, and 1 W/R spot open. My choices are Allen Robinson, AJ Brown, Raheem Mostert, Wayne Gallman, and Giovani Bernard.

Also, I have the Rams and Steelers Defense and I have no idea if I can trust the Steelers to play the Ravens on Tuesday... Any help?

Wait aren't they starting a WR from their practice squad as their QB?
Was before news of Hinton. Who knows, Freeman might take a couple snaps there anyway.

Also, I'm faced with more fantasy troubles this week. I'm starting Justin Herbert, Tyler Lockett, and Dalvin Cook. I'm debating between Jordan Reed and Gronk as TE. The problem though is that I play in a 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 W/R league with 12 people in it...
I'm going with Gronkowski.

So I have 1 WR, 1 RB, and 1 W/R spot open. My choices are Allen Robinson, AJ Brown, Raheem Mostert, Wayne Gallman, and Giovani Bernard.
Bernard and Gallman. Take your pick between Robinson and Brown.

Also, I have the Rams and Steelers Defense and I have no idea if I can trust the Steelers to play the Ravens on Tuesday... Any help?
DSTs don't matter. Taking a 0 is better than going negative. Go with Steelers who'll have plenty of opportunities for sacks, fumbles, and/or turnovers with how depleted the Ravens are. It's not like the 49ers aren't gonna score or anything.

Was before news of Hinton. Who knows, Freeman might take a couple snaps there anyway.

I'm going with Gronkowski.

Bernard and Gallman. Take your pick between Robinson and Brown.

DSTs don't matter. Taking a 0 is better than going negative. Go with Steelers who'll have plenty of opportunities for sacks, fumbles, and/or turnovers with how depleted the Ravens are. It's not like the 49ers aren't gonna score or anything.
I'm actually a bit concerned with Bernard because of the QB situation with the Bengals. I think his stock takes a bit of a hit this week. Also, in my league, we have defenses have a really weird scoring system, where they actually matter a lot. But yeah, that's basically it.

I'm thinking starting Mostert (kinda risky, but he's severely underrated because he looks like Shanahan's lead back rn), Gallman, and AJ Brown.

I'm actually a bit concerned with Bernard because of the QB situation with the Bengals. I think his stock takes a bit of a hit this week. Also, in my league, we have defenses have a really weird scoring system, where they actually matter a lot. But yeah, that's basically it.

I'm thinking starting Mostert (kinda risky, but he's severely underrated because he looks like Shanahan's lead back rn), Gallman, and AJ Brown.
I don't like Bernard too much this week, but because of the QB situation, he should have some touches early. Honestly, if it was me, I would have just done both the WRs (with Gallman) despite their tough matchups.

Can't ever trust a 49ers back. I always guess wrong.

*Edit*

Hope you did go with Brown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)