NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Well I guess I'll be rooting for the Steelers next week in a sick twist of fate. I don't see the Browns losing tonight. Dolphins could potentially lose against the Raiders or Bills, but I am worried about the possibility of sitting starters.

first time the bengals have beaten the steelers in 5 years and i was so sure they'd get crushed that i didn't even watch and deliberately tried to avoid looking up the score for most of the game, what a meme lmao

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WaterBomb, now don't come all up in this like you ain't got a cloud of shame right now.
image0-3.jpg

So it looks like the Steelers where exactly how everyone thought they were. Smoke and mirrors.
Or, and this may be hard to understand but stay with me here, they were actually a good team for the first 10 weeks and then broken by a series of key injuries and exceptionally poor play from their entire offense. Pittsburgh beat several quality teams in the first 2/3 of the season, and demonstrated their quality at numerous points, so this whole smoke and mirrors narrative is dumb as fuck and needs to die. Your team got swept by that "smoke and mirrors" team, so you have no room to talk shit.

The door is wide open for the Browns to swoop in and steal the AFC North. God, I hope it happens. Glad to see Juju get the shit knocked out of him for all the dancing he does.

Or, and this may be hard to understand but stay with me here, they were actually a good team for the first 10 weeks and then broken by a series of key injuries and exceptionally poor play from their entire offense. Pittsburgh beat several quality teams in the first 2/3 of the season, and demonstrated their quality at numerous points, so this whole smoke and mirrors narrative is dumb as fuck and needs to die. Your team got swept by that "smoke and mirrors" team, so you have no room to talk shit.
more so we went from a shit offense to a worse offense that now turns the ball over

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
View attachment 301859

I'm overreacting, obviously. I don't think it's all smoke and mirrors, but I do think they were better than their record suggested. Plain and simple, Ben can't throw down the field. Teams seem to have figured out that they can't really run the ball, so if they take away the short passing game, they will have a lot of problems. I heard rumors that Big Ben wasn't 100%, so that could have played into his poor play as well.

And I honestly hope they start doing better, the Steelers need to at least split down the stretch for the Ravens to make the playoffs.

So Kamara really did get 6 TDs in a game and singlehandedly outscored the Vikings. Fantasy people going against Kamara, good luck!

The fact that the Browns can still win the AFC North is interesting. It also feels strangely likely based on how the Steelers are playing right now. Like, Steelers vs Colts is interesting, but I can certainly see the Colts winning because this doesn't seem like the Steelers from the first half of the season. The Browns will most likely beat the Jets. Unless the Browns pull a Rams (ty Rams for losing and killing my fantasy football aspirations) and don't, which I don't see happening.

Week 17 in the AFC North is about to be wild.

Patriots should go after Stafford if they can't draft Zach Wilson

I genuinely feel bad watching him waste his career on the Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)