NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
god.. its amazing what a new team does for the way I look at Brady. Right when he made the switch I was pro-Tom the whole way.

Brees..Rodgers..Mahomes.. knocked em all out.

The fuck... is there anything better? How do you compare what he did this year to anything else in sports.

Picked a team.. said hey, let's go all the way.. and does.

Poor Pats.

The Chiefs are better than the Bucs overall but the Bucs will win the Super Bowl because they have Tom Brady

Even when he doesn't play well they still find a way to win a la 2018
GG man. Tampa's pass rush was real last night...or perhaps more accurately Kansas City's O Line was non existent. Either way though, I'm happy for Tom and the long suffering Buccaneers fanbase.
This Tampa Bay team was the most talented team Brady has ever played on.
I would probably give that nod to the 07 Patriots but this is definitely close. The Bucs really were a QB away and I guess I underestimated how much Jameis Winston held them back

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I would probably give that nod to the 07 Patriots but this is definitely close. The Bucs really were a QB away and I guess I underestimated how much Jameis Winston held them back
Randy Moss was better than any receiver on Tampa, but after Moss you have 3 guys (Evans, Godwin, Brown) more talented than Wes Welker, and Donte Stalworth, and all of the rest of the Bucs receivers and tight ends (Tyler Johnson, Cameron Brate, Roberto "Yo Soy Fiesta" Gronkowski) are better than Jabar Gaffney, Ben Watson and Kyle Brady. Fournette and Ronald Jones are disgustingly far better then Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk. The Patriots Offensive Line edges out this Bucs Offensive Line but not dramatically enough to outdo the other Offensive gains.

On Defense it's not close. JPP and Shaq Barrett are way better than an aging Mike Vrabel, and Ty Warren and Jarvis Green as edge defenders. Vita Vea and Ndamukong Suh aren't losing TOO much to prime Vince Wilfork. For Linebackers you have Lavonte David and David White who are both pure monsters and are far far better than a 34 year old Teddy Bruschi and a 38 year old Junior Seau. Adalius Thomas was a beast but no more a beast than both of the Bucs backers. In the Secondary the best player on both squads was Asante Samuel and then you have all of the young Bucs secondary over a 35 year old Rodney Harrison and a bunch of young no names (Ellis Hobbs, James Sanders, and Randall Gay as the nickel). Winfield and Whitehead especially at the FS and SS positions for the Bucs are very strong for no good reason.

07 Pats had a lot of Hall of Fame caliber names not playing their hall of fame quality ball. That defense was aging and the signs were showing and the Offense was built much the same way as the Chiefs offense was this year. An otherworldly pair of receivers and a great QB who can get them the ball but the second those two are double covered and the QB is pressured they can't do jack and or shit. Biggest difference on Offense for the 07 pats and the 20 chiefs is that the Pats usually didn't have drives that stalled out earlier on because no one had the Pass Rush to put a time limit on Wes Welker to shake out of double coverage.

Bucs 2 coordinators dominated this game. I've been a big time Leftwich hater this season, but he proved me the fuck wrong by mixing in a ton of intermediate passing game stuff along with other creative play calls this game. He made things super easy for Tom for the first time this season.

Also thinks Arians retires after next year and Bowles takes over as the HC.

I just love how even with all those weapons.. Brady was like.. nah Gronk let's do this shit.

Game script dictated a lot so Brady didn't need to sling it everywhere.. just funny how old habits die hard you know..

The Bucs had holes at safety and tackle then drafted Winfield and Wirfs

Wirfs might already be a top 5 tackle and Winfield was an above average safety as a rookie.

The Bucs now have a roster with no legit holes and i'd probably say that Brady signs an extension this offseason that ensures they can keep the team together for however long he wants to keep playing.

As a Patriots fan is undeniably a bittersweet epilogue.

Happy a ton for Tom, I can't fathom how we let him go without realizing that he may have been aging but even 2007 Brady would not have looked good with no O-line and a receiving corps consisting of myself, my father and a barman, which is how we went into the postseason last year.

Jumping in the roster discussion, the Bucs are plenty loaded, which is understandable: you surround a legend at QB with as much help as you can and then you use his own bragging rights, attitude and connection to get the missing pieces that may be laying around like Gronk, AB and Fournette. In doing so, I wonder if Tom truly pondered Arians' character before its scheme, deeming his "go all in" attitude much more important than his fascination with throwing deep. It was a fantastic fit.

I can't remember a receiving core going 1a Evans 1b Godwin 3 AB 4 Gronk (despite how older and out of their prime the latter two look, it's still an embarassment of riches) plus Brate (sneaky good) and Scotty Miller (which was very important for stretches of the season and was a non-factor in the SB, that tells how loaded they were).

Probably, the most recent WR I can possibly compare is Denver's, the season Peyton threw for 55 TDs to Welker, Decker, Demaryus and Julius Thomas.

On the other side of the ball, very few teams can go Suh-Vea-Barrett-JPP nowadays (probably only the Rams are comparable), and the back 7 is comprised of a load of fast and physical guys.

Am I the only one to think that Devin White could be the next big thing at LB? Followed him since LSU and I'm glad he's getting the recognition now.
He is scary fast, smart, and mean as hell (in football terms) to boot. He covers the field East to West in coverage and is also a solo tackling machine. Every time he gets in a play full speed I hold my breath for the people he tackles. I always thought the best young LB around was Roquan Smith, but after 4 playoff games of consistent excellent play I am convinced that it would be a toss-up between him and 45.

Few people realized TB was so loaded because 1) they somewhat struggled in the first 10-ish weeks (the team kept a lot of pieces but, if you change QB, you need to basically rethink everything) due to no preseason and 2) GB played overall great, NO seemed an unbeatable hurdle and on the other side, to me at least (but I'm in crowded company), KC looked otherwordly.

On the other side, I do wonder if this Cover-2 and Tampa-2 defensive blueprint may be used against KC by the Bucs may have success again if used by teams with a similar structure. Don't get me wrong, I think KC is still miles ahead better of anyone in the AFC (Buffalo can't beat them at their own game), but I guess that a team like the Browns or Ravens may be able to apply pressure with Garrett and/or the front and has a better running game than Tampa may present an headache with some improvement on D. Tennessee may have the offense, but nowhere the defense.

All considered, it was a pretty funny season and congrats again to Tom Brady, coach Arians and Devin White, three of my favourite people in the NFL world.

I can't really be living in a world where Mahomes gets a pass for having a shitty Superbowl when Tom Brady is roasted for losing a superbowl with these numbers
1612928164404.png

TheValkyries

Mahomes didn't have a shitty Super Bowl you are on drugs and need to calm down. In the words of Gisele do you want him to throw the ball and catch it too? And also block as well?

Also Interesting that the Bucs are suddenly considered a "stacked" team after beating the Saints, Packers and Chiefs but not before that when everyone picked the Saints, Packers and Chiefs to beat them.

Or when they were going through their midseason slump and got routed by the Saints.

Or in the offseason when their secondary was rated as the 32nd best in the NFL

Or when Brady signed and everyone questioned if he could fit into a vertical passing attack with his "dink and dunk style" and "noodle arm."

Mahomes didn't have a shitty Super Bowl you are on drugs and need to calm down. In the words of Gisele do you want him to throw the ball and catch it too? And also block as well?
-He had the worst game of his career by far
-He missed multiple throws
-He forced multiple throws
-He held on to the ball for 3.5 seconds in a game where his team was missing both its tackles

Did his team have a garbage gameplan? Yup. But he's benefitted from the best playcalling/gameplans in the league since he's entered it. Did his skill players let him down? Yup (all 3 of Mahomes best throws would have required extremely difficult catches from his receivers and running back but w/e) but he's benefitted from having the best skill players in the league since he's entered it.

Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the NFL right now and had set the bar higher than any QB in history for the start of a career. So lets not lower that bar and starting grading his games on a curve because he stunk it up once.

Dude couldn't lead his team to a single TD.

If you want to call it the best bad game ever by a QB then that's fine I guess.

TheValkyries

He played against a good defense with an undertalented offense and played the best anyone could have in the same circumstances. This is the worst result of a game in his career but he didn't play badly at all.

Also for the record people are saying this Bucs team is stacked because they doubted that a lot of the young players on that defense were going to get it together and literally all of them got it together and it was so staggeringly obvious how good they were.

He played against a good defense with an undertalented offense and played the best anyone could have in the same circumstances. This is the worst result of a game in his career but he didn't play badly at all.
I'm failing to see how its any different from Brady in the 2015 AFC Championship where Brady had an incredibly banged up, terrible offensive line, banged up receivers, and a banged up Gronk. For comparison Brady was hit 17 Times in that game compared to 8 for Mahomes in this game.

Brady was not good in that game (still made some incredible throws). Just like Mahomes was not good in this game (also still made some incredible throws).

Also for the record people are saying this Bucs team is stacked because they doubted that a lot of the young players on that defense were going to get it together and literally all of them got it together and it was so staggeringly obvious how good they were.
The Bucs are stacked, but the issue is that many only labeled them that retroactively.

1 Pro Bowler as a backup. No national recognition until they were literally forced to recognize it. Consistently diminished their accomplishments in the regular season implying that they could only beat bad teams.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
To be fair, Football Outsiders had the Bucs highly rated the entire season and even had them ranked above KC on the backswing of the season. So, I wouldn't say they completely flew under the radar. The talking heads may not have given them much credit, but the stat heads were which is what really matters IMO.

To be fair, Football Outsiders had the Bucs highly rated the entire season and even had them ranked above KC on the backswing of the season. So, I wouldn't say they completely flew under the radar. The talking heads may not have given them much credit, but the stat heads were which is what really matters IMO.
i think losing two to the saints messed up peoples power rankings of the bucs, they went undefeated out of their bye

People thought they were overrated because their worst games were all in primetime against good teams.

They hit their stride after their bye week but people dismissed it because they were only beating bad teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)