NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Damn shame that New England's getting a free pass to a historic stat line this season for it's defense because of these teams that they're playing. Cleveland's an absolute embarrassment.
It's great to see a good defense that's generating some awesome stats. Hopefully come playoff time they'll get a challenge and be able to actually prove how good the defense is.

Did anybody else catch the post game presser in which Soup Kitchens explained he had the punt crew take an intentional delay of game penalty in order to stop the clock and save his timeout (which he was down 1 because of a foolish PI challenge which basically never get overturned) because he had changed his mind about punting when down two scores and didn't know what play to call on fourth and 11. I cant decide whether his logic, or they words used to describe it are more convoluted. Sheesh

The only thing more illogical was Watson's one-eyed, no-depth-perception td pass to win the game. He even admitted post game he didn't see the play until after it happened and basically guessed where the receiver would be. Unreal

The browns def need a new coach, who is that unprepared for a game when you have TWO FUCKING WEEKS TO PREPARE!!! How do you go 7-8-1, become a better team with arguably the most questionable trade of the offseason and then end up with a worse record? It seriously blows my mind how that's possible

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
If Belichick was coaching that browns team they’d be SB contenders. The number if drives that ended for the Browns or were extended for the Patriots because of Browns penalty shaped much of that game. A better coached team absolutely monsters that game and wins by 10. Unreal.

It should be illegal for Tampa Bay to keep OJ Howard from his true home, the New England Patriots

I am getting my best people on the case to FREE OJ (HOWARD)

Boring ass, overhyped trade deadline. Honestly, that's how they all are, but the media was pushing this one. GMs got no balls I guess.

New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
Green Bay Packers
Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks
Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Indianapolis Colts

Mayfield thought it was time to hand game balls out early and basically handed it to the Patriots. Anyways, their first bye is finally over. Now they can face some real teams.

I really wanted to put the Saints at the top, but would like to see Brees more. There's some rust. Regardless, he back after them not losing a step after he left. Best team in the league.

49ers crushed the Panthers, which I thought was a moderately respectful team. The defense is great. Shanahan keeps the offense humming. However, the schedule gets tougher and Garoppolo still hasn't proven he's not just along for the ride. That last fact is they key for the postseason.

Not much to say about the Packers except they're 7-1 while the Rodgers and Lafleur pairing is still working (for now). Ravens don't decay during the bye. Sunday night should be fun. Seahawks should have had a better second half against the Falcons.

Vikings look a little less impressive after that game against the Redskins, but are well positioned for the time being (too bad the division is tough). Texans are have a chance as long as Watson's there (though the loss of Watt is big).

Matt Moore wasn't terrible against the Packers. But Mahomes needs to be there to have a chance at a bye. The Colts are good enough to compete with the Texans for the division.

Man it's hard to imagine what it's like to be in an easy division like the AFC south or NFC east. NFC north is such a pain in the ass with 2-3 good defenses and/or random explosive offense. As a Lions fan (FTP) Rodgers retirement cant come soon enough. Hopefully more injuries (I'm looking at you Aaron Jones) hasten that future. Vikings are very streaky and Bears cant find consistent QB play. Hoping Bob Quinn's slow and steady build pays off in the next 2-3 years(reserving judgement on Patricia until after next season). Vikings and Bears (lol Trubiscuit) gonna be in cap hell or else losing major parts of their defenses in the next 2 years. GB is always a wildcard especially with their new GM who doesnt mind shelling out in FA. Even though I still have hope for the Lions it's a tiny glimmer in such a strong division. Hoping we go 8-7-1 and land solid draft picks to strengthen our weak LB core and questionable secondary. Glad we didn't trade Slay at the deadline but he and Coleman cant hold it down themselves. Q. Diggs trade makes sense but it still hurt. Good luck in Seattle. Hope we take the GB approach and attack CB/S en masse for a couple drafts until we have it STOCKED. NE is usually ahead of the rest of the NFL and Belichick has stocked up on secondary + elite LB (getting Jamie Collins that cheap is unfair, fuck you Browns) is the future until/if big run packages (hellos Ravens/49ers) comes back. Of course football is a game of weeks and we need to get through next week oakland who ar surprisingly competent under chucky Gruden. The offense should have a field day though facing a bunch of teams castoffs (lol nevin Lawson & tahir 'shoulder tackle' whitehead). I'll take the points +2 spread in a heartbeat over the traiders

Man it's hard to imagine what it's like to be in an easy division like the AFC south or NFC east. NFC north is such a pain in the ass with 2-3 good defenses and/or random explosive offense. As a Lions fan (FTP) Rodgers retirement cant come soon enough. Hopefully more injuries (I'm looking at you Aaron Jones) hasten that future. Vikings are very streaky and Bears cant find consistent QB play. Hoping Bob Quinn's slow and steady build pays off in the next 2-3 years(reserving judgement on Patricia until after next season). Vikings and Bears (lol Trubiscuit) gonna be in cap hell or else losing major parts of their defenses in the next 2 years. GB is always a wildcard especially with their new GM who doesnt mind shelling out in FA. Even though I still have hope for the Lions it's a tiny glimmer in such a strong division. Hoping we go 8-7-1 and land solid draft picks to strengthen our weak LB core and questionable secondary. Glad we didn't trade Slay at the deadline but he and Coleman cant hold it down themselves. Q. Diggs trade makes sense but it still hurt. Good luck in Seattle. Hope we take the GB approach and attack CB/S en masse for a couple drafts until we have it STOCKED. NE is usually ahead of the rest of the NFL and Belichick has stocked up on secondary + elite LB (getting Jamie Collins that cheap is unfair, fuck you Browns) is the future until/if big run packages (hellos Ravens/49ers) comes back. Of course football is a game of weeks and we need to get through next week oakland who ar surprisingly competent under chucky Gruden. The offense should have a field day though facing a bunch of teams castoffs (lol nevin Lawson & tahir 'shoulder tackle' whitehead). I'll take the points +2 spread in a heartbeat over the traiders
you know its not that bad usually you just gotta dodge ray lewis

Parents everywhere just got done explaining to their children that Drew Brees is a system QB.

Now they have to break the news to them that PATRICK MAHOMES of all people is a system QB?

Are there any REAL QBs out there for the children to look up to?

Last edited:
The only thing keeping the Pat's in the game is their gimmick no huddle offense and it just cost them with the pick by Earl Thomas

Who were New England's previous opponents again?

Seriously, maybe all the talking heads and media can shut up about their "historic" numbers now. Take the stat lines on your papers and shove them down your throats. Played against tankers and teams who are even worse than the tankers. Too bad for the mistakes, otherwise Baltimore would up even more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)