NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before last night's game I was 90% sure the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.

Now I am 100% sure.

This is exactly what happens every time. Patriots lose one game badly and everyone starts talking about how they got 'exposed' and how the era is finally over. Then they go destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the SB.

As for the Ravens, I'm alarmed at how poorly Lamar Jackson still throws the ball. Last night he didn't have to because the Patriots could not stop their run game, but what is going to happen when they face a team that can? By the time the playoffs roll around, teams are going to be more adjusted to the Ravens' gimmick and will force them to throw. At that point, I just don't think Lamar will be able to handle it unless he vastly improves his technique. I guarantee you if the Ravens face the Patriots in the playoffs again, Bill Belichick will have the answer. He always does.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Definitely agree that now is the time for the patriots to change what they do and win the super bowl, I think at this point the AFC is shaky enough that it's wide open for them to do so. If anything their biggest competition will have to come from whoever wins the NFC, and right now I think if anything the super bowl would be a shootout, and given their history I'd trust the patriots more than any other team to win that.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do not fret, fellow football fans, for I have discovered a glimmer of hope!

Whilst perusing some game results in past seasons, I have compiled an interesting statistic. Since 2001, the start of the Tom Brady era, the Patriots have faced a team in the playoffs that beat them in the regular season 9 times. In those 9 games, the Patriots are 3-6. Additionally, all 3 of those wins came between 2001 and 2009. The Patriots are 0-4 in such games since 2010.

This means the Ravens have a good chance to beat them again if they meet in the playoffs this year! The world might be saved yet!

Before last night's game I was 90% sure the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.

Now I am 100% sure.

This is exactly what happens every time. Patriots lose one game badly and everyone starts talking about how they got 'exposed' and how the era is finally over. Then they go destroy everyone in the playoffs and win the SB.
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh they've been exposed

Tom Brady's time is over

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
You'd think Bill Belichick would've figured out how to coach a defense against the read option after getting gashed by it for more than a decade. Part of the problem is personnel because the DLine can't hang with great blockers like the Ravens line, but the front 7 also got repeatedly confused when it came to what their assignments were. Van Noy freezing up, letting the blocker run free, and taking the back diving the opposite way of the block letting Lamar get outside with an extra blocker was..... real fucking bad. If he takes the blocker on early he clogs traffic to the outside forcing the ball into the running back's hands and Hightower was behind him ready to take it, instead he takes himself out of the play for the offense, and let the blocker take Hightower out. Dline cant be the ones making the tackle when they're the one being read, and they need to know that.

Oh well.

I am sad that the Patriots defense is gonna be doubted because of this because they're still disgustingly good. I cant wait to see them against the Eagles after the bye.

Maybe Chicago will sign the cat to replace Mitchell Trubisky.

New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

You know damn right I'm dropping the Patriots here. Gonna be a shitty time for the players at the facility with this being the way they go out before the bye. Belichick's gonna chew them out.

Maintaining the stance that the Saints are the best team in the league. 49ers are next, but with the injury to Alexander, you wonder how healthy the defense can stay for the long run (given Bosa's history with missing time).

Ravens are just below that top tier line. Big statement win on Sunday night. You can't afford to take the wrong angles when defending against Jackson. Seahawks have among the highest ceiling in the league. Russell Wilson, MVP. Texans keep getting banged up with injuries, but have enough to be one of the front runners in the AFC.

Chiefs naturally get better in value as Mahomes gets healthier. And Matt Moore hasn't been bad, even in the week 8 loss. The Packers are puzzling. Adams comes back, everyone's available, and they end up not being able to do anything for a long period of time. Maybe too low for them down here (but I do think the Chiefs are better than them with Mahomes), but I haven't fully forgotten their offensive struggles the first several games of the season. The Vikings weren't destined for a streak. Cousins is good for periods, but you can't rely on him game-by-game like some other QBs can.

The Cowboys have done enough to get back into the list for me, but some other lists have them higher. New York Jets. Not erasing that yet. Prescott is still doing very well though.

New England Patriots
New England Patriots
Patrick Mahomes
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
The New England Patriots who played the Ravens
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
The Patriots but this time the other teams gets a one half headstart

Patriots
Saints
49ers
Seahawks
Chiefs
Texans
Vikings
Ravens
Packers
Raiders
Bills
Rams
Cowboys
Steelers
Colts
Panthers
Eagles
Chargers
Lions
Titans
Cardinals
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Broncos
Giants
Bears
Browns
Redskins
Bengals
Falcons
Dolphins
Jets

Behold: Rankings

Last edited:
I'll admit I'm not optimistic about the Lions chances to make the playoffs but we beat both of the teams you ranked directly above us. Wtfuck you bro

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Still dont have a solid defense but our offense carries. 3 biggest impact players for the offense are:
1) Trent Brown,
Just look at the numbers for the star opposing pass rushers, including Khalil Mack, just a lucky fumble recovery. A good line with a not so bad QB = success.
2) Josh Jacobs
. . .
3) Antonio Brown
He would've been the #1 option, but all the drama helped the team come together. All successful football teams have a good structure. Gruden and Mayock work well together with most of the rookies preforming, even with a greedy ugly owner.

Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs but definitely contenders. Just as happy as 49er fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)