NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And yet something will still somehow happen to give the pats the 1 seed and they'll win the Super Bowl. I've seen this movie too many times.

Can't wait to watch Jason Garrett become the coach of the Giants.

Baltimore Ravens
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs

Houston Texans
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills

While they didn't run over their opponents, the Ravens managed to fight in bad weather and get the win. The Saints are still good regardless if the game looks pretty or not. They have enough pieces on both sides (though you want the vintage Brees performances more common). The Seahawks keep winning only in the fourth quarter. Don't bet against Wilson in primetime.

You wonder what a game without bad weather would have looked like, but all the same, the 49ers held up and lost only by a field goal. Patriots continue to field a horrible offense. Offensive line sucks and the receivers have little experience with Brady. And who would think that this late in the season there's an outside shot that they'd be competing with the Bills for the division? Watch them magic their way to a bye though. Chiefs buried the Raiders and should have the division on lock. Defense played well, but they need to get better. Otherwise, they'll end taking a disappointing loss like last year in the playoffs.

Impressive victory for the Texans. They hit the weakness of the Patriots offense very well. Edelman can't do everything himself. Pretty much a get-right game in the case of the Packers. Giants are trash though.

Cousins just can't win in primetime under the big lights. Fortunately for them, Cook is OK. Thielen is a big loss for them. Seahawks held Diggs under control. While the Cowboys don't win against teams with positive records (how bout them Cowboys?), it was still a good win for the Bills. Still have reservations about the offense (Cowboys defense is struggling in getting numbers up), but they're probably sturdy enough to at least have potential to reach the divisional round.

Bill Belichick
The New England Patriots
The Refs
Andy Reid after a bye week
Domes
Lamar has more running yards than Ingram
The Steelers
Having your opponent kicking into the open end
The bills defense in the cold
Any team worth a damn playing afc/nfc east teams

Well the Patriots lost because of offensive ineptitude for the 2nd game in a row.

Blaming the refs is a cop out

Pats fans should actually be mad at Belichick shooting draft picks into the sun when attempting to acquire skill players (sanu over sanders? N'Keal over literally every other WR? Cutting Josh Gordon? Trading DT? Only signing Bruce Ellington and Maurice Harris in the offseason? Literally ignoring the TE position?)

Belichick is being praised for his defense but is somehow not being criticized for putting together the biggest group of JAGS in the NFL at the skill positions

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
they've literally been doing that for the past 20 years, only difference now is Tom's age is creeping up there enough that he's becoming increasingly less consistently able to carry a bunch of nobodies on offense

Y'alls are still fuckin 10-3 anyway, with your losses to the other three division leaders. Dallas fan over here like :pikuh:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Patriots got fucked by the refs today.

Welcome to how the other 31 teams have felt every time they've faced the Pats in the TB12/BB era. I don't feel bad for them even a little.

What's gona stop the Ravens from beating everyone almost easily and reaching the SB? Basically means only the SB game will there be a legit threat unless Pats somehow do what they do.

T. disillusioned chargers fan before they moved that hasn't kept up and now a man without a country. Least the titans are having a good season, they're less than an hour from where I live shrug* might go see them play

I'm interested to see if the Patriots turn around what's happened to them in the past few games. If any team is to overcome losses like that it's them, and this year is no different. As for other teams really excited to keep seeing what the Ravens do, and more importantly if anyone counters them. San Francisco looks more dangerous and the solidified NFC contender considering what they did to the Saints yesterday, but I'm open to being proved wrong. Overall the playoffs are shaping to be interesting to say the least depending on how the standings go.

NFC is scary as hell, east coast is all Ravens

Gona be interesting to see if anyone can stop them, I suspect 49ers or Seahawks obviously can in post season but we will see. I don't see anyone stopping them from reaching SB

Gona be interesting to see if anyone can stop them, I suspect 49ers or Seahawks obviously can in post season but we will see. I don't see anyone stopping them from reaching SB
Home field is gonna play a huge role in that, and honestly I think the road for the Seahawks is harder if they don't have it, but still doable.

You gotta suspend Tom Brady for 8 games and take away 2 first round picks for spygate 2 imo

Discipline first facts later

Good to see ESPN has valiantly taken the lead on yet another Patriots scandal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)