NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Well the Patriots lost because of offensive ineptitude for the 2nd game in a row.

Blaming the refs is a cop out

Pats fans should actually be mad at Belichick shooting draft picks into the sun when attempting to acquire skill players (sanu over sanders? N'Keal over literally every other WR? Cutting Josh Gordon? Trading DT? Only signing Bruce Ellington and Maurice Harris in the offseason? Literally ignoring the TE position?)

Belichick is being praised for his defense but is somehow not being criticized for putting together the biggest group of JAGS in the NFL at the skill positions

Last edited:

Mr.E

im the best
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
they've literally been doing that for the past 20 years, only difference now is Tom's age is creeping up there enough that he's becoming increasingly less consistently able to carry a bunch of nobodies on offense

Y'alls are still fuckin 10-3 anyway, with your losses to the other three division leaders. Dallas fan over here like :pikuh:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The Patriots got fucked by the refs today.

Welcome to how the other 31 teams have felt every time they've faced the Pats in the TB12/BB era. I don't feel bad for them even a little.

What's gona stop the Ravens from beating everyone almost easily and reaching the SB? Basically means only the SB game will there be a legit threat unless Pats somehow do what they do.

T. disillusioned chargers fan before they moved that hasn't kept up and now a man without a country. Least the titans are having a good season, they're less than an hour from where I live shrug* might go see them play

DianaNicole

formerly Archfeywild
I'm interested to see if the Patriots turn around what's happened to them in the past few games. If any team is to overcome losses like that it's them, and this year is no different. As for other teams really excited to keep seeing what the Ravens do, and more importantly if anyone counters them. San Francisco looks more dangerous and the solidified NFC contender considering what they did to the Saints yesterday, but I'm open to being proved wrong. Overall the playoffs are shaping to be interesting to say the least depending on how the standings go.

NFC is scary as hell, east coast is all Ravens

Gona be interesting to see if anyone can stop them, I suspect 49ers or Seahawks obviously can in post season but we will see. I don't see anyone stopping them from reaching SB

DianaNicole

formerly Archfeywild
Gona be interesting to see if anyone can stop them, I suspect 49ers or Seahawks obviously can in post season but we will see. I don't see anyone stopping them from reaching SB
Home field is gonna play a huge role in that, and honestly I think the road for the Seahawks is harder if they don't have it, but still doable.

You gotta suspend Tom Brady for 8 games and take away 2 first round picks for spygate 2 imo

Discipline first facts later

Good to see ESPN has valiantly taken the lead on yet another Patriots scandal

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Documentary Film Crew is at the Bengals game and gets 8 minutes of sideline footage over the course of 4 hours. That’s literally the most incompetent and useless cheating ever or..... it was genuinely a fuck up by the film crew.

I’m fucking exhausted by the cheating conspiracy theories from salty bitch boys, and I’m fucking furious that this is getting any news play at all.

Documentary Film Crew is at the Bengals game and gets 8 minutes of sideline footage over the course of 4 hours. That’s literally the most incompetent and useless cheating ever or..... it was genuinely a fuck up by the film crew.

I’m fucking exhausted by the cheating conspiracy theories from salty bitch boys, and I’m fucking furious that this is getting any news play at all.
then just dont film the fucking sideline lol

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's h

Well it wasn't over the course of 4 hours because they were discovered early in the game and asked to stop. The sideline was also apparently not supposed to be what they were filming. Even if it is useless, you really can't argue with how shady this looks given how people already view the Patriots. If it is a screw up, it's an incredibly coincidental and specific screw up.

If the Patriots are stupid enough to have any cameras anywhere near anything football game related without alerting every single party involved then they deserve some sort of punishment.

Like a 4th rder or something.

How would they not understand the optics of that.

The Patriots are the smartest organization in sports, so this is an incredibly stupid move from them that allows idiots to discredit them even more

TheValkyries

HOLY SHIT thREE QUOTES from dumbasses. Here let me hit you with some turtle talk, ever heard of B Roll? It’s the idea in a documentary of showing “action” to supplement a voiceover. Say you’re hypothetically talking to an NFL scout whose watching a game. A forward thinking producer says “get some footage of the game for when the scout is talking about the things that they look for.”

God all of you are acting like the person behind the camera was Robert Kraft and not some grade C lackey in the PR department.

Imagine thinking taping “signals” is still a fucking thing in 2019 when all the defensive calls are made via headset. Get your prissy asses outta here with this idiotic “optics” trash. I bet if next week the Ravens were caught listening to the playcalls because of illicit access to the radio system their opponent was using the media would frame it as an accident. Doesn’t even have to be the Ravens either could be literally anyone. Remember the media circus around the Falcons for pumping in crowd noise? The many calls from various retired NFL pros for how Championships should be waived from the Steelers because Tomlin tripped a guy? Yeah me neither. This only exists because the Patriots are the media branded Cheaters team because of a zoning violation and because foxborough is cold.

Massive fan of Pretzels hitting me with “Smartest Organization In Sports” after his weekly takedowns on how he thinks Belichick is stupid actually. Which is it my guy?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason it's worse for the Patriots is because they are "repeat offenders". You can argue the validity or importance of each scandal individually, but the bottom line is other teams probably wouldn't be hit as hard because they don't have the "cheating history" the Patriots do. I use quotation marks here again because most of this is alleged, but you really can't not understand why the Patriots get hit harder for shit like this in 2019 than other teams do.

TheValkyries

“Repeat Offender” is fucking laughable man. The only real scandal was Spygate which wasn’t about illegally taping defensive signals, which to this day is still not against the rules, it was about filming from non sanctioned areas. Every other “scandal” has turned out to be entirely false. Filming the Rams practice walkthrough? Literally never happened and was recanted from the newspaper that reported it. Deflategate is fucking hilarious in its severity of punishment in relation to fucking 0 illegal activity happening outside of rain and cold weather.

This is a fucking joke man, and you know it’s a joke. God. “Repeat offender” sure bud. The reason this is a big deal is because the Patriots have been winning for near two decades and literally everyone is jealous and wants to have some reason for it outside of their own failures.

we just gonna pretend like dudes dont just throw up their hands all the damn time to signal for calls, not everyones got a mic bro. Also why'd you literally say the same shit you said last time you got caught cheating; plus its not like they're gonna do anything. Quit getting so mad for getting called out lol.. your franchise is gonna get run into the dirt eventually. Bill aint livin forever.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
“Repeat Offender” is fucking laughable man. The only real scandal was Spygate which wasn’t about illegally taping defensive signals, which to this day is still not against the rules, it was about filming from non sanctioned areas. Every other “scandal” has turned out to be entirely false. Filming the Rams practice walkthrough? Literally never happened and was recanted from the newspaper that reported it. Deflategate is fucking hilarious in its severity of punishment in relation to fucking 0 illegal activity happening outside of rain and cold weather.

This is a fucking joke man, and you know it’s a joke. God. “Repeat offender” sure bud. The reason this is a big deal is because the Patriots have been winning for near two decades and literally everyone is jealous and wants to have some reason for it outside of their own failures.
Or maybe they really do cheat. I'm not sure why this makes you so angry, you have 6 lombardis and about 8 zillion straight division titles to comfort you. If the worst thing you have to deal with is people accusing you of cheating, you're spoiled rotten.

And if you think it's bad now, wait til your dynasty is finally over and your team returns to earth. Fans of every other team are going to delight in it and never let you forget it. Better start working on your patience now, because it ain't getting any better.

This is all true

But why would you have a camera anywhere near another team's sideline without notifying them first considering the optics. You dont get the benefit of the doubt

TheValkyries

This is all true

But why would you have a camera anywhere near another team's sideline without notifying them first considering the optics. You dont get the benefit of the doubt
They did. At least, they asked permission from the Browns aka the organization in charge of hosting the game. The idea that a decision made at the level of small time film crew is some major systemic failure is ludicrous.

And WaterBomb if I called the Steelers habitual and systemic cheaters and you had to deal with every minor bureaucratic fuck up as being a part of a grand conspiracy you’d get tired of it too. “The only downside to enjoying the success of your team is the vast network of people who insist on discrediting their success as valid. Why are you so spoiled?” Like seriously my guy what if, we just let each other live. I can put up with clowning on my shit team cuz I grew up when they were a load of shit. I appreciate this run but I don’t have to accept stupid bullshit just because my team is good. Instead of saying I’m spoiled it’s more accurate to say you’re being a whiny brat for insisting to hold to the demonstrably ludicrous “Cheater” claim. Every team breaks the rules, but only one team “cheats” in the NFL and that’s utter bullshit.

I really love this insistence that I’m the one not being appreciative of greatness, when in reality the people being spoiled are everyone who just hates on the Patriots. Imagine going back in time and watching Michael Jordan and just hating every second of it. Or watching the 80s 49ers, or the 70s Steelers. Or Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods in their prime. Imagine being so spoiled by some of the most historic success in sports that you feel entitled to whine because it’s not YOUR team. Fuck outta here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)