NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Former Browns LB and one of the few good players they've had in recent years. He was coming off the IR in 2019 but is a pretty solid player. Not a star but a solid piece of any defense. In 2016 he had 148 tackles and 11 TFL
I thought Joe Schobert was the LB of note on the browns. Or maybe hes overrated; I dont follow the Browns much, especially with the hype train they had going I to last season.

Idk but the Browns just signed Case Keenum to a pretty expensive contract for a backup QB so maybe they're not sold on Baker?
They also signed Jack Conklin and Austin Hooper. Guess Njoku must be on his way out but I like the Conklin deal at least. Hes a top 10 run-blocking tackle and should fit Stefanski's wide zone scheme to the T. Should help stabilize the right side of the line and perhaps make Chubb even better

Lol me ex was so tight when she called me last night about the Texans trading away Hop for essentially a 2 and a beat up RB. 20 mins into our convo I saw my Bills got Diggs for a 1 and I had to be like "Not to rub it in, but wtf are yall doing???"

Brady making it official hes done with the Pats is crazy, I too always believed he was going back but considering the Pats seemed to just assume too I don't blame him for leaving. Never hated Brady despite being a Bills fan - just their death grip on shit. Wish him the best wheerever he ends up.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
As someone who is still a patriots fan first Brady fan second: the availability of either Cam or Jacoby Brissett is making me vibrate with excited possibility.

Based on the Patriots moves so far, it looks like they are trying to #getcleverforTrevor

They also have zero cap space (literally how) and no skill position talent.

Why would a QB like Cam want to go there.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yes. Why would anyone want to go to the winningest franchise in recent history to play for the best coach to ever do it.

God you are an insufferable git.

to play for the other team with 6 rings !!!!
Four of their six championships were when my parents were in diapers. The Steelers didn't exactly handle the Big Ben/AB beef well. They had one of the best QB/WR/RB trios ever and won zero Super Bowls. They're not exactly the model for excellence they maybe once were. They have coaching stability I'll give them that but honestly neither the Pats nor the Steelers are attractive destinations right now.
Also I've been hearing that the Pats didn't want Brady to come back which might be why Brady left and if that's the case, it's not a good look. Maybe they REALLY like Jarrett Stidham but he's gonna have a hard time with the offensive weapons the Patriots have

Four of their six championships were when my parents were in diapers. The Steelers didn't exactly handle the Big Ben/AB beef well. They had one of the best QB/WR/RB trios ever and won zero Super Bowls. They're not exactly the model for excellence they maybe once were. They have coaching stability I'll give them that but honestly neither the Pats nor the Steelers are attractive destinations right now.
Also I've been hearing that the Pats didn't want Brady to come back which might be why Brady left and if that's the case, it's not a good look. Maybe they REALLY like Jarrett Stidham but he's gonna have a hard time with the offensive weapons the Patriots have
we handled it very well. we told him to listen to ben or fuck off; we can see what he chose

we handled it very well. we told him to listen to ben or fuck off; we can see what he chose
This is not true. The Steelers ownership and management gave Ben too much influence and he was kind of an asshole with how he airs his teammates' dirty laundry on a weekly radio show. AB didn't handle himself well but Ben wasn't blameless. Also, if you guys handled it well, it would've stayed in house.

This is not true. The Steelers ownership and management gave Ben too much influence and he was kind of an asshole with how he airs his teammates' dirty laundry on a weekly radio show. AB didn't handle himself well but Ben wasn't blameless. Also, if you guys handled it well, it would've stayed in house.
thats how the steelres handle things, we give our QB power over the team.

As a Jaguars fan, I'm glad we were able to get rid of Foles for a 4th. I'm excited to see year 2 of Minshew! I'm crossing my fingers that we don't trade Yannick and can grab some good players in the draft.

Then again, this is the same feeling I have every year...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are the Steelers not an attractive destination? They have an elite defense and offensive line, and talent at the skill positions. They literally just need a QB when Ben dies. They also have been to 3 super bowls and won two during the era of Patriots dominance, which is a tie for second best in the entire league during that span. Not sure why you'd brush that off as insignificant.

Also the Patriots have the goatest coach with a proven track record of winning titles regardless of talent, they will be an attractive destination until he leaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)