NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the Patriots offense so so so much

The skill players and line are embarrassing

Sony Michel's job is basically to steal TDs from Tom Brady and run for 2 YPC
I feel like it comes down more on the o-line than the skill players, just cause the line is there to create opportunities for success. However if Michel can't convert on opportunity then that's another thing and actually embarrassing

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I hate the Patriots offense so so so much

The skill players and line are embarrassing

Sony Michel's job is basically to steal TDs from Tom Brady and run for 2 YPC
You guys are so frustrating to watch on offense as a neutral. Death by 1000 papercuts.

PFF gave him a grade of 90 for the game and you wanna know why? Because despite going 9/20 with 145 yards, he had 6 dropped passes in the game, most of them were slated for gains of 20+ yards and one would've been a TD.

15/20 for 250-270 yards and a td suddenly looks a lot better doesn't it? It's clear that you didn't watch the game
still a bum

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Pretzels Sony Michel is extremely not mediocre and it's laughable that you'd make that argument to try and inflate the prowess of Tom Brady the literal greatest QB to play this stupid fucking sport.

And our skill position players outside of Tight End are... pretty fucking good actually?????

The genuine problem all season with this offense is the fact that our offensive line cannot block anything. Like not a single damn thing. And Brady and the rest of the Offense have to over compensate for such abysmally disastrous line play that it's honestly staggering they're able to put up as much points as they do.

Which really just goes to show HOW FUCKING MONSTROUSLY OBSCENE THIS DEFENSE IS BECAUSE CAN WE START TALKING ABOUT HOW ITS PRETTY CLEARLY ONE OF THE MOST DOMINANT DEFENSES SINCE AT LEAST THE 00 RAVENS???? Lowkey using the Ravens as a benchmark is probably underselling it because this might be the best defensive performance of not just the free agency era but of the fucking Super Bowl era. What this defense is accomplishing is stupid amounts of ludicrous.

I don't wanna be that guy but can we reserve the greatest defense ever talk for after the Pats play a decent offense or two?
This so much. Remember whe everyone thought the cowboys and ravens and elite offenses to start the year? Then they actually played competent defenses and came back down to earth. The patriots defense has their schedule to thank more than anything else

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's mind blowing to me that Patriots fans are still finding things to complain about despite being the most dominating force in sports history for 18 years. Try not to cut yourself crying into your 6 rings.

It's mind blowing to me that Patriots fans are still finding things to complain about despite being the most dominating force in sports history for 18 years. Try not to cut yourself crying into your 6 rings.
aint that some facts, that'd be like us crying over a terrible top half when we're one of the most stable orgs and have had 3 coaches in 50 years. "GOSH I JUST WANT A BETTER FRONT OFFICE" thats the patriots rn except its their team and they've won 6 rings in 20 years lol

Pretzels Sony Michel is extremely not mediocre
Sony Michel averaged 1 YPC against the steelers when the offensive line had its best player. Hes the worst in the league at breaking tackles and his no pass game viability.

He'll be bad when Wynn gets back

Cuz he ain't good

I don't wanna be that guy but can we reserve the greatest defense ever talk for after the Pats play a decent offense or two?
They ran this defense in the playoffs and dominated.

I tried to tell ya'll in the offseason.

The secondary has the best corner, a top 10 corner and 2 top 20 corners. You can't throw on them.

TheValkyries

“One game sample size of when we beat a team 33-3 because we had our best player because having one good player on an offensive line makes the other 4 better. Therefore the RB is bad.”

The Patriots have 25% of all carries regardless of back tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. That’s 3rd worst in the league. Our LT coming back doesn’t fix that and no RB can see success consistent sustained success behind that. The Patriots are also 10th worst at converting 2 or less yards to go on third and fourth downs or from two yards out of the end zone no matter the down (football outsiders Power Success stat btw). The line across the board cannot block. Michel is fine. The fact that he averages 3.3 a carry is a fucking magic trick. I just wish I could find his yards after contact numbers for this year.

“One game sample size of when we beat a team 33-3 because we had our best player because having one good player on an offensive line makes the other 4 better. Therefore the RB is bad.”

The Patriots have 25% of all carries regardless of back tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. That’s 3rd worst in the league. Our LT coming back doesn’t fix that and no RB can see success consistent sustained success behind that. The Patriots are also 10th worst at converting 2 or less yards to go on third and fourth downs or from two yards out of the end zone no matter the down (football outsiders Power Success stat btw). The line across the board cannot block. Michel is fine. The fact that he averages 3.3 a carry is a fucking magic trick. I just wish I could find his yards after contact numbers for this year.
With stats like that Michel deserves more credit than he receives. The line as a whole needs to be able to open holes and create space, and a back being able to find those on his own despite a bad o-line is doing a hell of a job at his position.

Hes bottom 10 in both missed tackles created and yards after contact

Also RIP Josh Gordon

TheValkyries

Hes bottom 10 in both missed tackles created and yards after contact

Also RIP Josh Gordon
Those would be telling stats if he wasn’t being contacted at the literal line of scrimmage where there’s the highest concentration of defenders and a position called “linebackers” whose job is to back up the work of the line. Guys with good yards after contact or broken tackle rates usually don’t have to worry a single much about the literal first line of defense.

As a huge Josh Gordon fan I am big sad btw.

Those would be telling stats if he wasn’t being contacted at the literal line of scrimmage where there’s the highest concentration of defenders and a position called “linebackers” whose job is to back up the work of the line. Guys with good yards after contact or broken tackle rates usually don’t have to worry a single much about the literal first line of defense.
Saquon Barkley says hello

I find it weird how you guys talk about the o-line problems and attribute them to missing LT when in reality the loss of your center is a much bigger deal. Sure the LT usually deals with the best rusher but the center coordinates the entire line. Talking heads fucking jizz their pants when talking about scarnechia but maybe he's best at developing the center position because the entire unit has cratered this season without mark andrews or whatever his name is

TheValkyries

I did say "usually" don't have to worry about that, but like yes obviously there are the running backs who are transcendental and can make up for even the worst shit. Barkley is DEFINITELY one of those dudes.

And yeah you're definitely right about the center being gone hurting a ton, but the offensive line in general is never made or broken by one player is what I'm saying though, like the line as it is right now is just.... abysmal across the board. Not a damn thing works.

Sony Michel looks bad right now, offensive line or not.

New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
Green Bay Packers
Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks
Kansas City Chiefs
Carolina Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills

The New England Ghosts have one more week for their first bye (they get another one in week 10 and a third one for the last three games).

Not much to say about the Saints except that Brees is coming back soon. The 49ers continue to show their offensive flaws, but have the defense and WL record.

Have the refs been paid by the Packers? Some weird stuff going on out there. Anyways, Rodgers looked liked his old self in that game.

Big Jump for the Ravens. While I was going to put them after the Chiefs (which may be more accurate), you have to like how Jackson's able to dicate the game when he has the ball. And the Marcus Peters trade instantly paid off. Would you really take the Matt Moore Chiefs over them?

Seahawks show how conservative coaching can fuck you. It's not the 1920s anymore, Carroll. The Chiefs will have to prove they can be like these other teams that can win with backup QBs.

The Panthers got time to get healthy before a big week. Kirk Cousins and the Vikings have been playing really good the past couple of weeks (see what happens when you pass?). It's tough to move the Bills up. Record's good, but their QB overall offense is not truly scary. And you don't like how they were having trouble with the Dolphins for a while there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)